7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

My Valentine One Radar!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 07:43 PM

My Valentine One Radar!

I just recently bought a V1 for my car. My question is that I have 5% tint's all around Windshield 20% and I just want to know when I'll hardwire my radar to the windshield will my tint's affect the V1 Radar or not?

I really appreciate your help :-).
Old 06-06-2012, 04:35 AM

it will reduce radar detection and laser signal if the V1 is placed behind tint. its like that with any radar detector really
Old 06-06-2012, 06:17 AM

those are some crazy tints... good luck with them
Old 06-06-2012, 06:22 AM

i want some tints
Old 06-06-2012, 06:26 AM

Sorry to say, but you've spent money for nothing..... Newer radar tech. for Law Enforcement allows the user to "pause" the radars in police vehicles. Meaning as your driving down the road, your radar wont pick up anything because no signal is being transmitted. Once they decide to "transmit", your radar detector will begin to signal there is a radar in the area, however you'll be too late. Speed will already be determined and your expensive radar did nothing for you.

If you live in an area where there are stationary camera's and or speed traps, your radar MAY become useful then, however a large part of it's effectiveness will be dependent on the Officer and his/her radar skills AND type of radar being used.

Good luck!
Old 06-06-2012, 06:43 AM

^hence why generally i dont DD w/ a radar, but it's useful on road trips where you dont know the hot spots
Old 06-06-2012, 08:16 AM

^^^ " hence why generally i dont DD w/ a radar"

So you generally DD without a radar lol
Old 06-06-2012, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Missouri-Max
Sorry to say, but you've spent money for nothing..... Newer radar tech. for Law Enforcement allows the user to "pause" the radars in police vehicles. Meaning as your driving down the road, your radar wont pick up anything because no signal is being transmitted. Once they decide to "transmit", your radar detector will begin to signal there is a radar in the area, however you'll be too late. Speed will already be determined and your expensive radar did nothing for you.

If you live in an area where there are stationary camera's and or speed traps, your radar MAY become useful then, however a large part of it's effectiveness will be dependent on the Officer and his/her radar skills AND type of radar being used.

Good luck!
Lol, My friend has caught so many signals here in NY and everytime I spot them I slow down the V1 radar on my boy's car worked good and that's why I ordered it. I heard a lot of people saying they don't work it's all b/s they DO work!
Old 06-06-2012, 10:43 AM

you don't need radar for DD, you know the route you take each day. road trip is a very good reason to break out the radar detector imo
Old 06-06-2012, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Amerikaner83
you don't need radar for DD, you know the route you take each day. road trip is a very good reason to break out the radar detector imo
Here in NY you need it ask anyone thats from NY. I'm getting it also for checkpoints and other stuff, my tints are dark so i need to avoid where they are.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by slava2006
^^^ " hence why generally i dont DD w/ a radar"

So you generally DD without a radar lol
Originally Posted by Amerikaner83
nuff said. my radar stays in the house, i have no reason to pull mine out, when i used it in my daily travels i realized either they never had them on, or they only turned them on when it looked like you were speeding. not to mention it would randomly go off while driving giving false alarms. with that said, i only use it during travels
Old 06-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Good luck!
Not all LEO's have that capability, and each state is different. My Redline works great as an DD and LD.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:25 PM

You guys are wrong my V1 has saved alot time when im doing well over 100 in both of my cars and the radar picked up the cop a mile or more before i got to him V1 is the truth best 400 buck i have ever spent
Old 06-06-2012, 12:32 PM

Old 06-07-2012, 06:21 AM

I use mine primarily as a safety device...and while I can't say that it has unequivocally saved my life, the advanced warning it gives for emergency services vechicles, has given me opportunities to be even more aware of what is going on and take evasive action before coming upon a wreck, or pulled over calls. It seems, at least here in Central Florida, the emergency services vehicles keep their radar on when at the side of the road or helping accident victims and that little extra notice makes a lot of difference to me.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Papies01
You guys are wrong my V1 has saved alot time when im doing well over 100 in both of my cars and the radar picked up the cop a mile or more before i got to him V1 is the truth best 400 buck i have ever spent
I'll be sure to send flowers when you disintegrate in your beautiful 7th gen max as you hit a rock wall at 100 mph or more. There are times and places for that kind of speed and an open roadway with innocent bystanders is not one of them.

On another note, IF you have a family, I'd also write an apology letter in your will because when the do the accident reconstruction and show your speed, you'll have a million dollar civil lawsuit to contend with.

Your V1 didn't save you, it saved everyone else around you.......
Old 06-07-2012, 07:40 AM

I'll be sure to send flowers when you disintegrate in your beautiful 7th gen max as you hit a rock wall at 100 mph or more. There are times and places for that kind of speed and an open roadway with innocent bystanders is not one of them.

On another note, IF you have a family, I'd also write an apology letter in your will because when the do the accident reconstruction and show your speed, you'll have a million dollar civil lawsuit to contend with.

Your V1 didn't save you, it saved everyone else around you.......
And this was necessary? Why I honestly just laughed at this because of how ridiculous this sounds
Old 06-07-2012, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by PSU09MAXIMA
And this was necessary? Why I honestly just laughed at this because of how ridiculous this sounds

I'm with you on that one. I go 100+ sometimes what the problem? No one's on the road everything is clear why not? Upcomming traffic SLOW DOWN! Simple
Old 06-07-2012, 10:05 AM

It's all fun and games till it happens to someone you know.....
Old 06-07-2012, 10:23 AM

It's all fun and games till it happens to someone you know.....
people make choices everyday that involve risks... we all take that risk when getting into a car and yes their are consequences with that which involve you may be killed and be innocent and it has happened to two friends of mine they were innocent victims all I'm saying is what you said is unnecessary
Old 06-07-2012, 10:35 AM

people make choices everyday that involve risks... we all take that risk when getting into a car and yes their are consequences with that which involve you may be killed and be innocent and it has happened to two friends of mine they were innocent victims all I'm saying is what you said is unnecessary
Well said, however I agree to disagree. I personally feel there is no need to flaunt that a radar has saved someone from several tickets as driving 100mph+ is a norm for them. I see the point of showing the radar has its uses, however also showing your arrogance and or stupidity in driving isn't needed.

There was a poll taken on the average age of a Max owner and surprisingly there are MANY 20-30 yr olds who have max's. As someone who's watched the gore and pending criminal and civil litigation, I'm simply letting those who don't realize it, that their actions may have far reaching consequences..... Beyond the jail time or expensive ticket they may receive.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:46 PM

I don't find my Maxima that comfortable above 90. It doesn't center naturally, and so takes a firm hand to keep it going the right direction. My minivan by contrast is perfectly happy to cruise at any speed with little oversight. Or so I discovered when I picked up a ticket for 84. Arguably, the attention the Max requires could make it the safer vehicle.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:29 PM

those are some crazy tints... good luck with them

Elsi hochesh ya tebe mogy pomoch ih postavit lol ;-).
Old 06-07-2012, 06:32 PM

Just installed the radar and guess what?! I caught 2 hungry scumbag's on the highway lol! more than 1/2 mile away and I was laughing at him haha.....

Gotta say man this thing is awesome!

I drive 20 miles to my job and back home. I always see them and sometimes their staying at new places. Some of them even drive calmly and get you but not anymore I got em!
Old 06-07-2012, 07:12 PM

30 Minutes os work and I was done!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:05 PM

What hell? Really damn didnt know i had another father and mother i know very well what i do i dont speed with anyone in the car and sometime i get alittle ugre and i speed lol wow didnt know people were going to get offended and for your info i have pinned the max at 138 ish and this car is slow i dont generally speed but when i go on road tripped i stay between 80 and 90 and v1 get used and its effective and what my feedback lol you def have never been in europe i go to portugal every year and the speeds over there are 120mph constant for miles and miles no cops no problems and that not fast over there where they do 140 160 mph drinking a coffee some you guys have noo idea what speeding
Old 06-07-2012, 09:07 PM

And i got go there you guys have cars and roads in missouri?? I had to go there sorry just kidding buddy maybe you should have bought a pruis
Old 06-07-2012, 09:12 PM

tints, as in more than one tint?

And why such dark tint on a car in NY? They have strict tint laws.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:56 AM

i want some tints
Old 06-08-2012, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Makc1kNYC
Elsi hochesh ya tebe mogy pomoch ih postavit lol ;-).

Я хотел бы действительно темные окна, но также могут проблемы с полицие.... especially in Upstate, NY they really strict....
Old 06-08-2012, 09:26 AM

Я хотел бы действительно темные окна, но также могут проблемы с полицие.... especially in Upstate, NY they really strict....
AAAA TI V UPSTATE ZHIVESH, OK... DA TAM XUYOVO!

poshli mne fotki tvoei maximi, ya tebe svoi poshly.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:33 AM

AAAA TI V UPSTATE ZHIVESH, OK... DA TAM XUYOVO!

poshli mne fotki tvoei maximi, ya tebe svoi poshly.

Mine tints... 50 front windows 35 back windows 35 back window

Old 06-08-2012, 03:35 PM

I need someone to let me know how should I leave my V1 programed so please bare with me. Should I leave the X band on or off and what else should I program?

I live in NYC so whoever knows how it works perfectly please let me know! Thank You!
Old 06-11-2012, 04:02 PM

For the past few day's I have been driving to work and back home. Everytime I passed a Highway Patrol (he was on the other side) or he would be standing on my side of the highway and my radar did not go off I have this problem since I got the V1 thought it would be all good I programed it and it has the latest version. Also, today when I went to work earl AM I made a fast turn switching from express left lane to right lane and there was an SUV infront in the middle lane as soon as I switched to right lane I seen the Highway Patrol aiming at me with the laser gun and then my radar went off... WTF! it was too late. I'm also packing 3% tints all around and 20% on the windshield I don't think that's the problem I don't have those bronze or red looking tints I have normal tints not any metallic and The radar is below the factory tint on the windshield!

Anyone can tell me what's going on?
Old 06-11-2012, 08:31 PM

For the past few day's I have been driving to work and back home. Everytime I passed a Highway Patrol (he was on the other side) or he would be standing on my side of the highway and my radar did not go off I have this problem since I got the V1 thought it would be all good I programed it and it has the latest version. Also, today when I went to work earl AM I made a fast turn switching from express left lane to right lane and there was an SUV infront in the middle lane as soon as I switched to right lane I seen the Highway Patrol aiming at me with the laser gun and then my radar went off... WTF! it was too late. I'm also packing 3% tints all around and 20% on the windshield I don't think that's the problem I don't have those bronze or red looking tints I have normal tints not any metallic and The radar is below the factory tint on the windshield!

Modern day police radar is instant on. Unless the cop is squeezing the trigger on that radar gun you're not going to get a detection.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:49 PM

here's the greatest idea. don't speed... there's NO point in doing 10 or 20 over just to get someplace quicker. you waste gas and energy and possibly putting yourself and someone else in danger just so you can get to where you have to be 5 mins quicker.

the only time i ever wish i had one is when i get an interesting race on the street but even then when you're caught blasting doing x amount over the limit you're screwed anyway.

and speeding is pretty lame. i had a zx7r at 19 and i pulled 265km/h indicated one time on the highway (ya pretty dumb). it was fun for about 10 secs and then i realized its boring... then shortly after i missed my much slower ninja 250 that was so fun in the city and tossable in the turns :/

just save it for the track, its safer and it stops the BS talk like "i killed a wrx sti in my prelude (or whatever)"
Old 06-12-2012, 06:17 AM

Makc.... this is what I tried to explain to everyone in my very FIRST post that everyone decided to pull apart and ignore. Technology today allows all new radars (both Laser and In-car Ka band radars) to be "paused". This allows the radar to be ready to transmit a signal and obtain speeds at the push of a button or pull of a trigger. By pausing the signal, your radar will not detect anything because there is no signal to detect. Once the Officer transmits a signal, your speed is obtained and your radar detector will go off...... but it will be too late at that point to slow down AND when the officer observes his radar jump from 70 down to 55, he will know your using a radar detector.

If your looking at purchasing a detector for passive reasons (know when your coming up on an accident, known speed areas, out of town etc), go buy a cheap wal-mart unit and call it good. The best, most expensive radar detector will NOT save you if an Officer is doing what he's been trained to do.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:20 AM

Lol, My friend has caught so many signals here in NY and everytime I spot them I slow down the V1 radar on my boy's car worked good and that's why I ordered it. I heard a lot of people saying they don't work it's all b/s they DO work!
Guess you'll be changing this statement??
Old 06-12-2012, 06:45 AM

They should have like a mini map in the nav screen showing red dots for were the cops are... like NFS.....
Old 06-12-2012, 09:02 AM

They should have like a mini map in the nav screen showing red dots for were the cops are... like NFS.....
There's an app for that!!

Quick Reply: My Valentine One Radar!