7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

R2c is having a sale!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 09:39 PM

R2c is having a sale!

They are having a sale for all their Maxima systems... Ed wanted me to post up the news... they now accept PayPal too...

Here's the 2009-2011 system page... I don't have new pricing yet, but I'll get it hopefully tomorrow (Wednesday).

http://www.r2cperformance.com/09-11-...cai-sytem.aspx
Old 08-31-2011, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by Oolatec
They are having a sale for all their Maxima systems... Ed wanted me to post up the news... they now accept PayPal too...

Here's the 2009-2011 system page... I don't have new pricing yet, but I'll get it hopefully tomorrow (Wednesday).

can someone explain how they get these dyno numbers?

do they use a different car with the same motor and assume the gains translate?

interpolations from acceleration times?

or just 'attempt' a dyno run and hope that the tranny behaves?

from my understanding after reading the forums most people don't see much of a performance gain on any of the aftermarket intakes over the stock one?
Old 08-31-2011, 07:52 AM

i think they said they run it on a 3.5 altima manual tranny and get the dyno numbers that way
Old 08-31-2011, 09:46 AM

Ok... my bad... sale prices are already posted up on the website. They are taking orders online via PayPal, so that's good to go!

As for dyno of the CVT, Ed had this to say:

The CVT presented little trouble overall. It produces a severe dip in the
readings at mid RPM levels but once over this the consistency was very good.

Ed
So they were able to get some results that were consistent enough to compare pre-intake and with theirs installed.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by vr4z06gt
can someone explain how they get these dyno numbers?

do they use a different car with the same motor and assume the gains translate?

interpolations from acceleration times?

or just 'attempt' a dyno run and hope that the tranny behaves?

from my understanding after reading the forums most people don't see much of a performance gain on any of the aftermarket intakes over the stock one?
If you looking at the dyno sheets for the 09 Max on their website yes they are garbage and I have no idea how they make their claims. Now it most likely is based on previous results for the 6th Gen Maxima (oolatec's car) and making the assumption the 7th Gen would get close to the same gains as on the 6th Gen. But yes you can't DYNO a CVT I did it and it's a roller coaster of fun!

And it's my belief you won't gain anything with a CAI/SRI but maybe a nice engine note, better filtration (only R2C will get you this) and a really nice OEM looking intake. It's one of those in your head improvements for your car, similar to sticking playing cards in your bicycle spokes as a kid, it didn't make you faster but you thought it sounded cool and as a result you pedaled faster...

Last edited by MaxLoverAz; 08-31-2011 at 11:48 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:04 PM

my CAI definitely gives me power and increased mileage...AND a great engine note...the SRI only an engine note...
Old 08-31-2011, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Ghozt
my CAI definitely gives me power and increased mileage...AND a great engine note...the SRI only an engine note...
Which one do you have? the R2c or another brand?
Old 08-31-2011, 12:33 PM

Maybe better mileage as that can be somewhat substantiated, sound is entirely subjective and increased power is impossible to prove at the moment with this car.

Did you run a back to back 1/4 mi. runs in the same conditions to make a comparison? I think that maybe the only effective way and even then 9 HP won't be noticeable and maybe only in top speed not ET.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by MaxLoverAz
Maybe better mileage as that can be somewhat substantiated, sound is entirely subjective and increased power is impossible to prove at the moment with this car.

Did you run a back to back 1/4 mi. runs in the same conditions to make a comparison? I think that maybe the only effective way and even then 9 HP won't be noticeable and maybe only in top speed not ET.
That reminds me... I need to get back to the track in October to see if the intake/exhaust helped me shave any time off my E/T... I'm not holding my breath lol.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by vr4z06gt
Which one do you have? the R2c or another brand?
R2C doesn't make a CAI, they make a SRI. Mine is custom built

Originally Posted by MaxLoverAz

No back to back runs, just very noticeable differences in throttle response. I can't tell you it gives me xxx HP or whatever but it is easily more powerful than the stock and the SRI I used to run. I ran a bunch of testing using an OBD-II module pulling ECU info such as MAF, IAT, etc and the CAI so far has produced the best results out of the 3 for me.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:19 PM

More from Ed:

I'm getting feedback that indicates someone feels our dyno test on the 2009 Maxima is inaccurate.

I’m happy to perform these tests again if the individual in question disputes the results. I’ll pay for the testing but the member has to agree to purchase an R2C system and post the results indicating the performance gains were indeed accurate.

We can also bring this winding road of tubing that someone is cobbling together as mentioned to me and we’ll test that one too.
Ghozt, give him a call. They are willing to do this, so let's do it!

Ask for Ed in sales.

Old 09-01-2011, 04:01 PM

Lol...honestly I'm not really concerned with proving that my "cobbling of winding tubing" is better than a R2C short ram. Both Wally and I know, that's good enough. I'm not selling anything, I could care less if anyone builds a CAI. I'm sure Ed can cobble himself a winding of tubing for testing, he works for R2C how hard could it be for them?
Old 09-01-2011, 04:31 PM

Anyone know if they have a sale price on their 6" cone replacement filter right now? As in the replacement filter for the 5th Gen JWT Popcharger? Their site does not have a listing nor prices of any of their replacement filters.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:03 PM

Give them a call.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:29 PM

Lol...honestly I'm not really concerned with proving that my "cobbling of winding tubing" is better than a R2C short ram. Both Wally and I know, that's good enough. I'm not selling anything, I could care less if anyone builds a CAI. I'm sure Ed can cobble himself a winding of tubing for testing, he works for R2C how hard could it be for them?
That's fine... I was just posting this up so they could get some independent comparisons.

But for anyone else... R2c will pay for your dyno time. Let them know if you're interested.

Last edited by Oolatec; 09-01-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:55 PM

So would you go with this or Stillen intake?
Old 09-08-2011, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by eesjunin
So would you go with this or Stillen intake?
Well, obviously I'd recommend the R2c... for the better filter alone!
Old 09-08-2011, 05:21 PM

The R2c seems to block off more of the air cleaner against engine then the Stillen does. I can't stand heat soak after sitting at a light in the middle of the day and then taking off. I deal with that in my 5.5 gen. I love not loosing power in that same situation in my 7th gen.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Xpcgamer
The R2c seems to block off more of the air cleaner against engine then the Stillen does. I can't stand heat soak after sitting at a light in the middle of the day and then taking off. I deal with that in my 5.5 gen. I love not loosing power in that same situation in my 7th gen.
this is not correct. the R2C does heat soak when not moving the heat shield is no better than any other SRI. the issue is ambient heat in the engine bay which even affects my CAI. i have a thread all about it with intake air temps pulled from the ECU

http://forums.maxima.org/7th-generat...ustom-cai.html
Old 09-08-2011, 06:31 PM

this is not correct. the R2C does heat soak when not moving the heat shield is no better than any other SRI. the issue is ambient heat in the engine bay which even affects my CAI. i have a thread all about it with intake air temps pulled from the ECU

http://forums.maxima.org/7th-generat...ustom-cai.html
Screw it then. More reason for me to stick with my stock box!
Old 09-09-2011, 04:54 PM

That's fine... I was just posting this up so they could get some independent comparisons.

But for anyone else... R2c will pay for your dyno time. Let them know if you're interested.

I already did my own dyno work last year on my dime, waste of money.....

I'd love to do it again just tell me how, let me explain.

If their results are something they want to stand behind I just have one simple question and that is how in the world did they get the CVT to lock in a 1:1 ratio on the DYNO? Do they have access to a Nissan consult that allows the tech to lock up the CVT lock up at that ratio much like a lockup torque converter?

The rest of the car forums would love to find out, i.a. audi forums, altima, etc, etc....

Last edited by MaxLoverAz; 09-09-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:09 PM

This is interesting over at uprev: http://uprev.com/uprev_blog/2010/03/...ng-cvt-tuning/