7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

DVD Bypass for NON Navi Maximas...

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 10:48 PM

DVD Bypass for NON Navi Maximas...

Anyone done it? How'd ya do it?

It should be a lot easier than the maximas with NAVI...
Old 03-14-2011, 04:23 PM

Anyone?
Old 03-14-2011, 04:33 PM

Take a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_z4dT_0U9c
Old 03-15-2011, 08:52 PM

That was something about navigation.... I'm looking for how to make a maxima with tech pkg. (color screen and reverse camera) be able to play Videos (DVDs or other video files) while in motion...
Old 03-15-2011, 08:52 PM

Non navigation maxima...
Old 03-18-2011, 03:04 PM

In to find this out too please!!
Old 03-18-2011, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by maxxxxspeed
Anyone done it? How'd ya do it?

It should be a lot easier than the maximas with NAVI...

Too vague of a question.

Why don't you give us a breakdown of your system.

Does it have a built in DVD player?

If not, what do you plan on getting?

Are you looking for info on what wires to cut and splice?

Be more specific.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by MooShoo
Too vague of a question.

Why don't you give us a breakdown of your system.

Does it have a built in DVD player?

If not, what do you plan on getting?

Are you looking for info on what wires to cut and splice?

Be more specific.
The non-navi Maxima he is referring to consists of the monitor package (color display and rear-view camera). As far as video input, the 2010+ Maxima SV includes audio/video inputs in the center console. Hope this was specific enough.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:08 PM

and we're also looking for what wires to play around with..
Old 03-18-2011, 10:27 PM

It is the exact same setup as it is with the nav. You'll have to toggle the speed sense and the e-brake to make the car seem to be in one location.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:06 PM

It shouldn't be the same... It should be much easier. Someone who has done this please post up. No need for guesses.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:40 AM

It shouldn't be the same... It should be much easier. Someone who has done this please post up. No need for guesses.
Well, I have done it. Dont see how Im guessing. No extra purchases needed like a $100 mod like other people were saying.

When you try to watch a DVD, does it go blank and say it will return to video when the car is not in motion or something like that? If that is the case, what do you think triggers that?

Just trying to help but since you think Im guessing, ill keep my mouth shut and continue to watch movies while rolling down the road.

Good luck with your mod. Dying to find out what you end up doing to get it to work. If Im wrong, Ill be more than happy to admit it but Im pretty confident I know what Im talking about since its done.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:46 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Well, I have done it. Dont see how Im guessing. No extra purchases needed like a $100 mod like other people were saying.

When you try to watch a DVD, does it go blank and say it will return to video when the car is not in motion or something like that? If that is the case, what do you think triggers that?

Just trying to help but since you think Im guessing, ill keep my mouth shut and continue to watch movies while rolling down the road.

Good luck with your mod. Dying to find out what you end up doing to get it to work. If Im wrong, Ill be more than happy to admit it but Im pretty confident I know what Im talking about since its done.
I don't think all that hostility was necessary. It did kind of seem liek you were guessing since you said it "should" be the same. You should have just come out and said it is thsame and that you have the same set up and did it. I dont' think you needed to get yoour feelings hurt over his comments. It would be nice if you could just share with all of us since I as well as lots of others are trying to figure this out.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mrgolden78
I don't think all that hostility was necessary. It did kind of seem liek you were guessing since you said it "should" be the same. You should have just come out and said it is thsame and that you have the same set up and did it. I dont' think you needed to get yoour feelings hurt over his comments. It would be nice if you could just share with all of us since I as well as lots of others are trying to figure this out.
The ironic part of this whole thing is that I was the one that felt that he was not appreciative of what I said and that he was dismissing what I had to say and seemed like he wanted someone to post that knew what they were talking about and not guessing.

Back to the subject...in my "opinion," if you toggle the speedsense and ebrake and engage it to make the car believe it isnt in motion and is in park, all should be good. Navi or non Navi.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:08 PM

Ya got any pics?
Old 03-21-2011, 07:08 PM

Sorry to hurt your feelings...I didn't mean to
Old 03-21-2011, 09:40 PM

Sorry to hurt your feelings...I didn't mean to
You're too funny. Not butt hurt by any means.

Why do pics when I can just show you how it works.

Bypass with DVD - http://youtu.be/VuC5QSVlFeE
Bypass with iPad 2 - http://youtu.be/yI9mvSRHS9s
Old 03-22-2011, 07:06 PM

Ya got any pics?
Do the videos help?
Old 03-22-2011, 08:40 PM

@MooShoo- So do we have to ground both wires and have a switch for each one? Or do we ground both wires and just run a switch for the e-brake only? Also could you tell us where the wires are easily accessed?
Old 03-23-2011, 10:55 PM

By the way, I never said it "should" be the same. In fact, I said, "exact" same. If we are gonna go by quotes, please quote me correctly. And I still stand by my knowledge of the mod.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by SouthernmostMAXX
@MooShoo- So do we have to ground both wires and have a switch for each one? Or do we ground both wires and just run a switch for the e-brake only? Also could you tell us where the wires are easily accessed?
Let me get a DIY together for you. I'll be in contact.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:41 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Just in time just bought a 09 today cant wait to do this !!!
Old 03-24-2011, 12:10 AM

wait does the 09 play dvds as well??? Im confused!
Old 03-24-2011, 06:23 AM

Thank you MooShoo
Old 03-24-2011, 05:26 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Is there a "how to" do this somewhere?
Old 03-25-2011, 01:58 AM

From the "maintaining your super black paint" thread...

Quote:
Again take a picture with the flash so the flash reflects off your paint (straight ahead shot) and prove me wrong... Otherwise DO NOT post false statements... I think I can speak for the rest of the board when I say I am sick of reading false information!
Maxxxspeed....

You have an amazing way of calling people out and telling them that they are wrong and asking for proof. Ie.. Do you have pics? Just because you don't agree with them or think you have a better way, the other person is not necessarily wrong.

You did the same thing on the post for DVD motion non navi post. You posted and waited 3 days and no one responded to you. Then you bumped yourself and I ended up trying to help you and you called me out saying that I was guessing and someone should post that knows how to really do it. You then asked for proof via pics and I did one better and gave you two videos.

It's people like you that give forums a bad wrap. If you have the answers, then why ask for help? Don't ask for suggestions and DIYs when you just play devil's advocate on all replies.

Go back and read your posts and see how rude you come across. You are the single reason I won't post the DVD DIY. You take your dash apart and start splicing since you know there is an easier way for non navi maximas.

And no, you don't speak for the rest of us. We all are adults and we can all speak our minds just fine on our own.

--------------------------------------------

Looking at this post and the other one, why would I want to share anything with you? Explain that to me. Now, the other people on this thread that are polite and asking for help, I want to do a walkthrough with.

I "won't" speak for everyone but I will tell you that until you conduct yourself with some manners and not go around bashing other members for their ideas, opinions and what they think is fact, you won't get anything from me personally.

Have a nice day!
Old 03-25-2011, 08:23 AM

Thank You Mooshoo...

Actually that guy was TRYING TO TELL someone he doesnt have swirls in his paint because he use zaino, and that using the brush at the car wash doesnt give swirls... both is mis informing the rest of the board. and if two threads citing a couple posts is me "having an amazing way of calling people out" then i guess you form opinions really quickly. In my major/ line of work false information or guesses don't just look stupid, they could kill people.

So....Sorry I am sick of reading information that is not truthful. I help plenty of members on here with information I KNOW IS FACT. I do not guess and point them in the wrong direction. If this is wrong let me know and i will start posting bull****. I thought forums were for helping people not just to post.

Sorry if I come across blunt, but like I said i am sick of reading false information, so i am sorry i rubbed you the wrong way but that way you posted your first post in this thread it sounded as if you were guessing.

again, thank you for your help mooshoo, have a good one.

Last edited by maxxxxspeed; 03-25-2011 at 08:30 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:48 AM

Working on the DIY. It won't have pics because I'm not modding this weekend unless my LEDs come in for my dash. I'll just give you steps that should pretty much walk you through the entire process. Be careful with this mod. Be safe on the road and I take no responsibility for you driving with a movie on. This mod is for show only and should not be used on the road.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:57 AM

Thank You. Again sorry if I come across blunt. I am very appreciative of the help.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:14 AM

Thank You. Again sorry if I come across blunt. I am very appreciative of the help.
Forget that, I think MooShoo owes the apology for coming in here like a condescending punk, talking down to everyone that was asking for help...
Old 03-25-2011, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by MadMax07SL
Forget that, I think MooShoo owes the apology for coming in here like a condescending punk, talking down to everyone that was asking for help...
Are you serious? I came across like a condescending punk? Care to elaborate on that. I thought my posts were to the point and offered insight as to how to do it. How did I talk down to anyone?

Anyways...apology accepted. Its hard to tell emotion and how people are actually trying to come across. Moving on. I will post it up when I can.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:01 PM

Are you serious? I came across like a condescending punk? Care to elaborate on that. I thought my posts were to the point and offered insight as to how to do it. How did I talk down to anyone?
That's just it, your initial posts were very short, and offered no actual assistance. Even teh videos, just showed you did it, not how...which is what everyone was asking.

Were you waiting for an atta-boy, or you just wanted the guys groveling at your feet before offering the precious info you had to offer...?

Hey in all seriousness, I'm just pulling your chain, so don't get bent up about it...it's all in good fun.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by MadMax07SL
That's just it, your initial posts were very short, and offered no actual assistance. Even teh videos, just showed you did it, not how...which is what everyone was asking.

Were you waiting for an atta-boy, or you just wanted the guys groveling at your feet before offering the precious info you had to offer...?

Hey in all seriousness, I'm just pulling your chain, so don't get bent up about it...it's all in good fun.
All good. The reason I havent posted it yet is because I don't remember the color combinations for the wires. I'm just waiting for my LEDs to come in so I have a reason to pull the dash off and get everyone the right info.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:23 PM

Any updates? Going on a roadtrip this coming weekend and would like to have this for my passengers.... Thanks
Old 04-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

By the way, I never said it "should" be the same. In fact, I said, "exact" same. If we are gonna go by quotes, please quote me correctly. And I still stand by my knowledge of the mod.
Here's the thing dud. You see that little button that say's qoute? All you do is click it and it automatically qoutes what you typed no guessing just "exactly" what you said.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:35 PM

Lol MooShoo love the 80's movie in your youtube video. Did you swap out your overhead amber reading light with a blue one?
Old 04-09-2011, 01:57 AM

Here's the thing dud. You see that little button that say's qoute? All you do is click it and it automatically qoutes what you typed no guessing just "exactly" what you said.
Exactly...you should have used the quote button when you misquoted me. Lol. Fail!
Old 04-09-2011, 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by Joey D
Lol MooShoo love the 80's movie in your youtube video. Did you swap out your overhead amber reading light with a blue one?
Yeah Joey. I actually swapped out all the LEDs inside and out with blue. Working on the instrument cluster next. Hoping to get the entire car done with blue lighting.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:13 PM

so can this be done w the 09 sv? pretty sick mod. appreciate the help!
Old 05-01-2011, 04:16 PM

BUMP

Quick Reply: DVD Bypass for NON Navi Maximas...