7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Spare FOB battery almost dead?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 07:54 AM

Question Spare FOB battery almost dead?

I took my Maxima in to the dealer to get it serviced yesterday, just a simple oil change. When I bring in my Maxima I always give them the spare FOB. This is pretty much the only time the spare gets used.

The startup on the way to the dealer was trouble free, no warning lights. However, when I started it up, on my way home from the dealer, with both keys in my pocket the low battery warning came on. I thought it was fairly peculiar and that maybe my main key is dying. This morning I only had my main key in my pocket when I started the car and no warning light. Does this sound strange to anyone else??? I mean, if anything the spare should be good to go right? I could see my main FOB dying being it has been two years and regardless of whether or not I have locked the doors with the door handle I still lock my car with the FOB which could take up extra power.

I haven't started the car with just the spare key yet, I will try that when I get home.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mreim769
I took my Maxima in to the dealer to get it serviced yesterday, just a simple oil change. When I bring in my Maxima I always give them the spare FOB. This is pretty much the only time the spare gets used.

The startup on the way to the dealer was trouble free, no warning lights. However, when I started it up, on my way home from the dealer, with both keys in my pocket the low battery warning came on. I thought it was fairly peculiar and that maybe my main key is dying. This morning I only had my main key in my pocket when I started the car and no warning light. Does this sound strange to anyone else??? I mean, if anything the spare should be good to go right? I could see my main FOB dying being it has been two years and regardless of whether or not I have locked the doors with the door handle I still lock my car with the FOB which could take up extra power.

I haven't started the car with just the spare key yet, I will try that when I get home.