7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Music, Blue tooth calls Q

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 06:33 AM

Question Music, Blue tooth calls Q

Is there any way to set my stereo to pause music when I get a call through my blue tooth.?

I just hate it when I get off the phone (back to music), I am on a new track!
Hope there is way.

Please post, thanks!
Old 11-20-2010, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by SlkMax
Is there any way to set my stereo to pause music when I get a call through my blue tooth.?

I just hate it when I get off the phone (back to music), I am on a new track!
Hope there is way.

Please post, thanks!
I thought this was automatic, it pauses in my car when I'm listening to a song through BT, unless you're using a different source (IHeart Radio or Pandora) then those types of applications will continue to play and everything else should pause.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:17 AM

Sorry, I too wish I could find a way but whither CD or iPod, they continue to play in my 09 when I am on the phone..just muted....haven't tried the CF card to see if it exhibits the same. Unlike bk2k3max, I can not listen to music via bluetooth in my 09 as the 10s are able to. However, my workaround is to hangup on the inbound caller, turn off my audio, and call em back. Not the best way perhaps but....!!!!
Old 11-21-2010, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by bk2k3max
I thought this was automatic, it pauses in my car when I'm listening to a song through BT, unless you're using a different source (IHeart Radio or Pandora) then those types of applications will continue to play and everything else should pause.
Yes, your right about that, Only if your music source is a Blue tooth device...
However, if the music comes from the Music Box or CD, then there is no pause!
Also. Most important, same shiiit happens with USB, and that's the worst!

Any way to fix that?
Can not believe Nissan did not think of that, pretty stupid!

Last edited by SlkMax; 11-21-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by SlkMax
Yes, your right about that, Only if your music source is a Blue tooth device...
However, if the music comes from the Music Box or CD, then there is no pause!
Also. Most important, same shiiit happens with USB, and that's the worst!

Any way to fix that?
Can not believe Nissan did not think of that, pretty stupid!
My CD pauses but I'm not sure why yours don't, I'm not exactly sure why your system isn't functioning like mine but I would think that all of them are the same.

Maybe you should contact Nissan to see if there's just a problem with your system or if it is universal for 10 models
Old 11-21-2010, 05:30 PM

my flash drive doesn't pause. i would think it would be just a software update to change it.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:55 PM

Any update on this issue.?
Old 12-11-2010, 10:30 AM

does anyone have a problem with their bluetooth staying connected to their phone. I have a HTC incredible and have had it replaced twice because of the issue. By the way my max is a 2011 sv with monitor package
Old 12-12-2010, 12:33 PM

Is Bluetooth audio supposed to work with 09 max with premium package but no nav? Can't for the life of me get it to work.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:19 PM
You gon' pay what you owe

Originally Posted by marjen
Is Bluetooth audio supposed to work with 09 max with premium package but no nav? Can't for the life of me get it to work.
No, bluetooth audio was not a feature on the '09.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:15 AM

I been trying to set up the bluetooth on mine and the phone keeps disconnecting and reconnecting, it pairs up ok but just wont stay connected. Any ideas, ?????
Old 12-15-2010, 11:11 AM

Depending on the phone you have. I think its an issue with the Android software update 2.2. I have a hero and my car recognizes the phone but when i get a call ot does not ring and i get no sound from the car. I have to use the Use Headset Button to use my hand to talk on the phone.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by marjen
Bluetooth® Setup Guide for:
2009 Maxima with No Navigation System
Below are step-by-step instructions on how to connect your Bluetooth®-enabled compatible phone to your selected vehicle.
STEP #1: PREPARE YOUR PHONE

1. Turn Bluetooth on: (this is for a Motorola Droid)
  2. From the main screen, press the MENU button
  3. Select SETTINGS
  4. Select WIRELESS & NETWORKS
  5. Select BLUETOOTH to toggle Bluetooth power on or off
STEP #2: PREPARE YOUR VEHICLE

1. Press the button
  2. Say "Set up"
  3. Say "Pair phone"
  4. Say "Yes" or "New Phone"
STEP #3: PAIR YOUR PHONE TO THE VEHICLE

1. On your phone:
  2. From the main screen, press the MENU button
  3. Select SETTINGS
  4. Select WIRELESS & NETWORKS
  5. Select BLUETOOTH SETTINGS
  6. Select SCAN FOR DEVICES
  7. Select MY CAR
  8. When prompted enter the PIN code "1234" and press OKOn your vehicle:
  9. Say a name for the phone
  10. Say a priority number for your phone (1 through 5)
  11. Select desired ringtone
Old 12-15-2010, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by sonomamax
I been trying to set up the bluetooth on mine and the phone keeps disconnecting and reconnecting, it pairs up ok but just wont stay connected. Any ideas, ?????
I am without a shadow of a doubt sure it is ur phonebook. I troubleshot this for days. After tons of asking on forums someone lead me to this. Rename all entries with special characters or numbers in the name. Also if you have any facebook contacts link to your acout with stupid stuff for the phone number unlink it. I posted all this in the "help im new section a few days ago" . Also delete any duplicate contacts. If you have an android phone it may automatically link them. After you have cleaned up your phone book delete the phone from car and car from phone. Re start the process. Should work fine
Old 01-15-2011, 06:55 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Should the artist, title, etc. be displayed when listening to Bluetooth audio? I pretty much get a blank nav screen that says bluetooth audio. I can scroll through songs with the button on the steering wheel, but am shocked that I don't get the same iPod menus that are shown when I access the iPod through USB connection.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by ddr1981
Should the artist, title, etc. be displayed when listening to Bluetooth audio? I pretty much get a blank nav screen that says bluetooth audio. I can scroll through songs with the button on the steering wheel, but am shocked that I don't get the same iPod menus that are shown when I access the iPod through USB connection.
This does not always work. For example, it does not work for my android phone. However, other members have reported that it works for other phones like Blackberrys.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:29 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

ipod interface

Ok. Im new to this site. I have a 09 Maxima

I purchased an ipod interface cable and I found my older ipod..a 5th generation 30GB ipod video. Should this charge through the $90 cord i purchased?? Or are the 5th generation ipods the cut off?
Old 01-16-2011, 06:32 PM

A 5th gen Ipod should charge just fine.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:37 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

thats what I thought, I may need to take that cord back!
Old 01-16-2011, 07:00 PM

What I realized is when you pair the phone and have an iPhone 4, the Bluetooth will conflict with the iPod function. I had to pair the Bluetooth for phone only and turn the music Bluetooth sync off since it syncs right up like an iPod. When in iPod mode, if I receive a call, it goes straight to the call and when the call is over, the music resumes where it left off.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by MooShoo
What I realized is when you pair the phone and have an iPhone 4, the Bluetooth will conflict with the iPod function. I had to pair the Bluetooth for phone only and turn the music Bluetooth sync off since it syncs right up like an iPod. When in iPod mode, if I receive a call, it goes straight to the call and when the call is over, the music resumes where it left off.
Hi MooShoo.. Can you clarify this a bit.. Are you saying that when you are using an iphone 4 and bluetooth music you are seeing the display just like an iPod? I have an iPhone 4 and when I switch to BT Audio I get a choice of play/pause and do not see any info on my screen about what I am playing.

Also, From my testing, when I am using the 60gig iPod I have in the center console, if a call comes in the the music doesn't pause. I thought it did but then paid closer attention and found it did not.. 99% of the time I am listening to a Podcast but that shouldn't matter I wouldn't think...
Old 01-17-2011, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by vascott1
Hi MooShoo.. Can you clarify this a bit.. Are you saying that when you are using an iphone 4 and bluetooth music you are seeing the display just like an iPod? I have an iPhone 4 and when I switch to BT Audio I get a choice of play/pause and do not see any info on my screen about what I am playing.

Also, From my testing, when I am using the 60gig iPod I have in the center console, if a call comes in the the music doesn't pause. I thought it did but then paid closer attention and found it did not.. 99% of the time I am listening to a Podcast but that shouldn't matter I wouldn't think...
Hope this helps. I made a video explaining this for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdQelOLgRRQ&hd=1
Old 01-17-2011, 06:20 PM

Let me try to clear this up a bit. Since the iPhone is a hybrid device, it behaves somewhat different from a normal phone or just a plain iPod. First and foremost, let's deal with the phone functionality. When using the iPhone as just a bluetooth connected phone, it behaves like any other bluetooth phone. You can place/receive calls, browse your phonebook, etc. There is an extra benefit but more on that later. As a music player, you have two options with the iPhone, you can connect it via bluetooth and stream music that way or you can use the USB connection and get full control and have the benefit of the great iPod integration in the Maxima. As a bonus for iPhone owners, when a call comes in and you have the phone connected via USB or bluetooth, the music playback is paused while you are on a call. This is handled by the phone and has nothing to do with any integration or intelligence on the car.

It makes perfect sense to me that you would have to disable bluetooth audio on the iPhone while it is connected via USB. Heck, using the USB interface is better anyway. I hope I was able to speak to and answer your question.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by boone
Let me try to clear this up a bit. Since the iPhone is a hybrid device, it behaves somewhat different from a normal phone or just a plain iPod. First and foremost, let's deal with the phone functionality. When using the iPhone as just a bluetooth connected phone, it behaves like any other bluetooth phone. You can place/receive calls, browse your phonebook, etc. There is an extra benefit but more on that later. As a music player, you have two options with the iPhone, you can connect it via bluetooth and stream music that way or you can use the USB connection and get full control and have the benefit of the great iPod integration in the Maxima. As a bonus for iPhone owners, when a call comes in and you have the phone connected via USB or bluetooth, the music playback is paused while you are on a call. This is handled by the phone and has nothing to do with any integration or intelligence on the car.

It makes perfect sense to me that you would have to disable bluetooth audio on the iPhone while it is connected via USB. Heck, using the USB interface is better anyway. I hope I was able to speak to and answer your question.
Boone is absolutely correct in that the bluetooth audio while connected to the USB will conflict. I didn't know that when I initially bought the car and thought their was a problem. After messing with the settings and seeing how good the iPod interface was, there was no need for me to use the bluetooth audio.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:52 AM

bluetooth

Originally Posted by merkcityboy
does anyone have a problem with their bluetooth staying connected to their phone. I have a HTC incredible and have had it replaced twice because of the issue. By the way my max is a 2011 sv with monitor package
I think my max is the same as yours in regards to the bluetooth paring up, mine does the same thing so i just dont use it, going to have to get a different phone, the wife's works fine on it, same carrier (Tmobile) and different phones.