7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Where do you put your cell phone?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 06:30 PM

Where do you put your cell phone?

Okay, it has been driving me crazy. Where do you guys put your cell phones? I put it in the cup holders but its not good if I need them for drinks. I like to be able to see if I have a text or something aside from a call so I don't want it closed away. Not to mention I will forget it. Most cars have a small handle/pocket in the driver's door where I put my cell phone but ours doesn't.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by hamzer11
Okay, it has been driving me crazy. Where do you guys put your cell phones? I put it in the cup holders but its not good if I need them for drinks. I like to be able to see if I have a text or something aside from a call so I don't want it closed away. Not to mention I will forget it. Most cars have a small handle/pocket in the driver's door where I put my cell phone but ours doesn't.
I got a Pro Clip about a year ago.

http://www.proclipusa.com/home/home.aspx

Old 07-28-2010, 06:43 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have a lil gel pad in front of the shifter that holds my cell phone stationary and out of the way. Something like http://www.bettermousepads.com/acces...cellmates.html
Old 07-28-2010, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by mckinley18
I have a lil gel pad in front of the shifter that holds my cell phone stationary and out of the way. Something like http://www.bettermousepads.com/acces...cellmates.html
That really holds without slipping
Old 07-28-2010, 07:13 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Ya never had any problems with them slipping in my last couple cars. Sits perfect infront of the shifter. I used to put them on the dash and would hold the phone great but am just a lil anxious about that one time it could let go and my iphone goin out the window.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:17 PM

I have a gel mat as well, its right beside my shifter on the trim plate. If I put my phone there it doesnt budge
Old 07-28-2010, 07:22 PM

I my pocket since I have bluetooth. No need to take it out!
Old 07-28-2010, 07:36 PM

In the center console, right next to the power outlet, which the phone may be plugged into
Old 07-28-2010, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by bmanbmv
x2. Text messages can wait
Old 07-28-2010, 08:23 PM

In the cup holder. Or the pocket on the door. But it is always in the way. I need to figure out something better. Might use some ideas from here.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:05 AM

In the clip pouch hanging from my belt, right where it has been since 1993. Of course the phone I have these days is about a tenth the size of the one I had 17 years ago.

Time marches on, but lightonthehill lags somewhat behind. As usual.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:18 AM

It goes in my pocket or bag in the back seat, I don't talk or txt while driving, if I recognize the number on the display I may pick up

The sticky pad is excellent
Old 07-29-2010, 12:31 AM

I have my cellphone paired through Bluetooth on my car so no need to see it. I then place the cellphone inside the little cubicle with the 12v power connector behind the cup holders.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:37 AM

Usually put it in the little compartment under the HU with one of those "sticky pads" for cars. I just leave the lid up and I can see when I'm getting a call or what nots.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:28 AM

For those of you who lit your phones in the cup holder, why don't you just put it in the pocket between the cup holders and the center console?
Old 07-29-2010, 06:17 AM

Phone is in my pocket.... I do use a sticky pad for my radar detector...
Old 07-29-2010, 06:32 AM

Those of you with sticky pads can you point me to ones that have been good for you. I checked reviews on some and they suck.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:35 AM

Those of you with sticky pads can you point me to ones that have been good for you. I checked reviews on some and they suck.
Got mine @ Auto Zone ...It was the only kind they had ... Hope this helps...Radar detector ddoesnt move... So far LOL
Old 07-29-2010, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by bmanbmv
This

Originally Posted by Car Addict
x2. Text messages can wait
And this.

My cell phone always has and always will be in my front right pocket when I drive. The only time it ever comes out is when I am pulled over on the side of the road to dial a number.

I don't think they programmed our bluetooth to understand Canadian....

Me: "Four-Zero-Three-Five-Two-Six-Seven-Seven-Eight-Five"

Evil Spirit Woman that lives inside my car: "Eight-Seven-Two-Two-Two-Two-Two-Two-Two-Omega"

Me: "Redial"

Evil Spirit Woman that lives inside my car: "Six-Four-Three-Nine"

Last edited by Mreim769; 07-29-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mreim769
This

And this.

My cell phone always has and always will be in my front right pocket when I drive. The only time it every comes out is when I am pulled over on the side of the road to dial a number.

Evil Spirit Woman that lives inside my car: "Eight-Seven-Two-Two-Two-Two-Two-Two-Two-Omega"

I do the same thing
Old 07-29-2010, 10:55 AM

While I agree with the idea of no texting while driving, I like to at least know if a text has come in. I can always read it at the next red light. My drive is mostly local. Also, if it is vibrating in my pocket I don't know what is going on with it, text, call, etc so I rather be able to glance at it. Lastly, and most important on my crappy phone, for some reason when the bluetooth is connected it will not lock the touchscreen so I end up pressing buttons and making calls with it in my pocket.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:52 AM

This

And this.

Don't end the dial string with a question mark!!!!! (Sorry my wit is a bit thin but I couldn't resist it. Dad always said I would be a regular wit someday as I was already half-way there!!!!)
Old 07-29-2010, 02:06 PM

I have the tmobile mytouch in a leather pouch and i put my keys inside the little flip open compartment near the center big console. My keys sit under that as well, If my cupholder is free the i put my phone it one of them. Also, I keep my cup holder lid open most of the time so that my wife doesnt put her bag on it and scatch my pretty wood trim! ~ heheheheh
Old 08-01-2010, 05:41 PM

While I agree with the idea of no texting while driving, I like to at least know if a text has come in. I can always read it at the next red light. My drive is mostly local. Also, if it is vibrating in my pocket I don't know what is going on with it, text, call, etc so I rather be able to glance at it. Lastly, and most important on my crappy phone, for some reason when the bluetooth is connected it will not lock the touchscreen so I end up pressing buttons and making calls with it in my pocket.

Get a text to speech app they are available for free for most phones and take it off of vibrate. You can also check your BT settings to make sure it does not unlock.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Flip2cho
For those of you who lit your phones in the cup holder, why don't you just put it in the pocket between the cup holders and the center console?
yep thats where mine goes
Old 08-02-2010, 08:10 AM

me too
Old 08-02-2010, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by 1sik4dsc
yep thats where mine goes
Thats where I put mine as well ..

2010 Frost White Maxima - premium package
Old 08-08-2010, 06:42 PM

Just wanted to update that I purchased on of those jelly pads from Amazon and put it right above the shifter and it was a perfect solution. I'm glad I asked. Thanks.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:40 PM

on the faux woodgrain by the shifter. I have a sticky iphone skin so it doesn't move
Old 08-08-2010, 09:53 PM

Just wanted to update that I purchased on of those jelly pads from Amazon and put it right above the shifter and it was a perfect solution. I'm glad I asked. Thanks.
Could you please post a link to the exact one you bought?

Thanks
Old 08-08-2010, 09:54 PM

I have this really cool sleeve for my phone that sticks to surfaces so I just leave it on the cover while the cupholders are closed, it never moves or anything just stays there.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by wope
Could you please post a link to the exact one you bought?

Thanks
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

Very cheap and works great. I got it in black.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

Very cheap and works great. I got it in black.
Yep that's the same brand I have. Mines blue and I got it from work so it has our logo on it
Old 08-10-2010, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Flip2cho
+1. That's where I stash mine.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:08 AM
TBA

I also leave it on my belt in a clip. It has bluetooth and is paired to the car, so no need to put it anywhere. One of the most convenient features of the car, IMO.

On the rare occasion it's not on my belt, it goes in the cubby behind the cup holders. Or when being charged, in the large storage bin.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:11 AM

If I'm by myself I wedge it between the seat bottom and back part of the passenger seat, If a passenger with me in pocket. They will get called or texted back once I get where I'm going if its important.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by MONTE 01&97 SE
If I'm by myself I wedge it between the seat bottom and back part of the passenger seat, If a passenger with me in pocket. They will get called or texted back once I get where I'm going if its important.
Don't take this as a rude or smartass question but, why have the phone out to begin with?
Old 08-17-2010, 02:58 PM

I have an iPhone 3G. For making calls, Bluetooth is great. But for music (downloaded, or podcast) the quality is marginal and occasionally "skips" which drives me nuts. Therefore, I use special cable I ordered that has the iPhone 30-pin plug on one end -- and the other end has both a USB and also twin RCA plugs. Using the USB allows the phone to charge, and also to play any audio files directly, with great quality. The RCA plugs are to output "app" audio, which in my case is Pandora radio, which I really love. Apprently you can't output Pandora to the USB. I found an outfit online that made this cable for a reasonable price to the length I specified and I had it in just a few days -- perfect. Since I'm using that caple coming out of the armrest, then I wanted the phone nearby -- so I too use the small compartment just in front of the armrest. However, I made a small shelf that fits just inside, so the phone rests almost flush with the top of the console. I occasionally design products in my work, so my goal was to make this look factory, be removable (so I could still store stuff underneath) and still allow the compartment lid to close, with the shelf (but not the phone) in place. I used black plastic sheet from a small, inexpensive portfolio cover, and added a piece of black rubber sheet so the the phone would stay put and not rattle. Before anybody makes fun of me, remember, we're all a little nuts about our cars on this forum! I can email photos or a pattern if somebody is interested. Still trying to figure out how to upload an image with a post...
Old 08-17-2010, 04:11 PM

Don't take this as a rude or smartass question but, why have the phone out to begin with?
I don't know about Monte, but I use it for stoplights, drive-thrus and traffic jams. This allows me to quickly check on what lies before me when I do get to work or what I need to worry about that evening! If it looks important and I need to respond, a parking lot is always close by on my commute to read email, schedule a conf call, read or return a text (I have different tone for business or personal) or all too rarely talk with my sweetie.

Unlike Monte, I just lay mine on the Passenger Seat and then pocket if passenger is with.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by decarlnick
Still trying to figure out how to upload an image with a post...
You can do this two ways.
1. There is a button in the reply box that looks like a post card with a picture of a mountain on it. Click that button and then insert the web link to that picture. (if you upload pictures here into an album in your profile it gives you two links underneath each picture. The first link the the pictures link. The second is the BB code you can simply copy and paste
2. I half way covered this in #1. Just get the we link and paste it in-between "[IMG]" and "[/IMG]" (without the "quotations" ofcourse)

It would look like this (with out the quotations)
"[IMG] THE WEB LINK HERE [/IMG]"

For more information on things you can do here see this link:
http://forums.maxima.org/misc.php?do=bbcode

Quick Reply: Where do you put your cell phone?