7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

THE 2011 NISSAN LINEUP: CHARTING THE CHANGES - 2011 Nissan Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Flip2cho
I have Ocean Grey.
Annino has Precision Grey.
You be the judge.
Do you really see the same color here?
Or a world of difference??
I know the name for both is "Grey" but some one really is color blind not to see the HUGE difference in these two colors. Why they named it Ocean Grey I have not Idea. The Ocean part I can see because its more Blue than anything. Haha, i never thought i would own a BLUE car. When i have taken my car into the dealer service center and they fill out the tag that goes on my keys they put down BLUE as the color.

Exactly. The Precision Gray is a true gray. The Ocean Gray is a re-naming of the Satin Blue Pearl I had on my 2000 SE. I called it 'Robin's egg blue.'

Early Nissan photo releases made the Ocean Gray look more gray than blue. When actually seeing the car in person, it is more blue than gray.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Exactly. The Precision Gray is a true gray. The Ocean Gray is a re-naming of the Satin Blue Pearl I had on my 2000 SE. I called it 'Robin's egg blue.'

Early Nissan photo releases made the Ocean Gray look more gray than blue. When actually seeing the car in person, it is more blue than gray.
Light, I think u just proved all our points about the crazy names for paint colors now a days. Actually, after reading what you just said, I feel a bit dizzy !

lol
Old 06-27-2010, 09:03 AM

interesting, I like the slight color difference Nissan made to the 19in sport rims in 10 model, now to see what they officially did to the 11 model.

I love my car, small changes are always nice, easy to change things in a couple years when I want a different look, long as they don't drop a different engine/trans or brakes into the car
Old 01-20-2012, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Flip2cho
I have Ocean Grey.
Annino has Precision Grey.
You be the judge.
Do you really see the same color here?
Or a world of difference??
I know the name for both is "Grey" but some one really is color blind not to see the HUGE difference in these two colors. Why they named it Ocean Grey I have not Idea. The Ocean part I can see because its more Blue than anything. Haha, i never thought i would own a BLUE car. When i have taken my car into the dealer service center and they fill out the tag that goes on my keys they put down BLUE as the color.

Another grave digger thread...

I am definitely color blind but the photo below looks more silver to me than grey. I own a Precion Grey model and that bottom photo definitely looks silver; not as dark as the Precision Grey Stillen Maxima. Maybe it's the lighting.

Anyone have photos of a Maxima meet with all the similar colors together?
Old 01-21-2012, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by rcjunkie
Another grave digger thread...

I am definitely color blind but the photo below looks more silver to me than grey. I own a Precion Grey model and that bottom photo definitely looks silver; not as dark as the Precision Grey Stillen Maxima. Maybe it's the lighting.

Anyone have photos of a Maxima meet with all the similar colors together?

rcjunkie - The shade we see in a photo is very much dependent on lighting, angle,and camera settings. It might help to remember that Precision Gray (Nissan paint code W40) is actually a LIGHT GRAY, while Radiant Silver (Nissan paint code K12) is actually a VERY LIGHT GRAY. Those two colors are close enough that a highly polished Precision Gray might be hard to distinguish from a Radiant Silver in a photo.

As you suggested, the only way to get a meaningful comparison (other than going to the dealer and looking at them) is to have a photo that includes both. That way, lighting and camera setting differences are cancelled out.