7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
View Poll Results: Is this your first Nissan?
This is the first Nissan Ive ever owned
33.90%
This is not my first Nissan purchase
54.24%
If it wasn't for the 7th gen Maxima I probably wouldn't have considered a Nissan
20.34%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

New to Nissan?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 03:46 AM

New to Nissan?

Have you ever owned a Nissan before? Was the 7th gen Maxima the reason you decided to try out Nissan for the first time? How much did the 7th gen affect the number or Nissan drivers on the road?

This is my first Nissan. If it wasn't for the 7th gen I would have stayed in the Honda/Acura family because I have owned two others previously and was very comfortable with the quality of their products. First time manufacture purchases are very important to a company because after you have had one of their products for the first you are more likely to return to that manufacturer for future purchases. It's def a lot harder to make a sale to someone who has never owned a Nissan than to someone who has previously owned one.

So how important was the 7th gen to helping Nissan sales now and possible in the furture? Now that you own a 7th gen are you more or less likley to ever own another Nissan?
Old 06-07-2010, 04:02 AM

There's no doubt in my mind that if there wasn't a 7th Gen I would not be driving a Nissan right now. After Obama Motors got rid of Pontiac I needed somewhere else to turn. The new Max is very similar to Pontiacs of past years, but with many more options and better build quality. I like the FWD platform for feasibility all year round, plenty of HP for everyday driving, it looks nothing like anything else on the road, and it's comfortable. Those are the same qualities that made me love Pontiac, and luckily I can still find them in a Nissan.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:12 AM

I have had a Hard Body, 240SX, 06' Pathfinder and now the Maxima. Somehow I always have a Nissan in the family.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:28 AM

I have had a 1989 Pulsar NX, 1993 NX2000, a Pathfinder, 3 Altimas, so far.
Wife wants a new Pathfinder so maybe there will be an addition to the family soon.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:07 AM

I have owned nothing but Maximas for 26 years, and was driving a Datsun (the old name for Nissans) for six years before that.

I really love the 7th gen Maxima styling, and have enjoyed my 18 months in this '09 as much as any car I have ever owned. I am definitely a Nissan fan.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:57 AM

I owned a 2007 Altima S and was looking into a Fully loaded alti when i went in the showroom i saw the 7th gen max and rite away took it
Old 06-07-2010, 12:12 PM

Well it started when my dad gave me his '93 maxima se. Then i bought a '03 gle off lease. Then i bought my '09 fully loaded brand new
Old 06-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

First Nissan product ever. Last 2 vehicles were Audi and Honda. Was shopping Accord, Fusion, Camry & Subi to name a few. 7th Gen Max came out on top.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:49 PM

first Nissan i am driving...when i was looking around for a car 3 months ago i wanted something sporty with 4 doors with some luxuries..other cars i looked at were 2010 S4..to much money, didnt really need AWD all the time, 2010 Infinity G37X which had NO back seat so the two extra doors seamed worthless to me, Lexis IS350 was a little overpriced plus the guy kept calling me asking me when i am coming in again, and lastly Mercedes C350 which I HATED the interior and saw to many old people driving around in them..So i went with the Max based on best looks, most room + comfort, and best price..I am very happy with my choice as I will have the car for a good 4-5 years
Old 06-07-2010, 04:18 PM

#4 ? - no + yes

The last 3 cars I bought for the wife were 2 Altimas and a Sentra. These Nissans have proven 100% dependable and have only required normal maintenance over the last 20 years. Each one has been a fun car to drive too, with decent handling and a surprising amount of performance.

For the most part I have tried to stay with either GM or Chrysler products for my own ride until the recent string of unpopular bailouts. I decided it was time to vote against the bailouts by refusing to purchase from Detroit any more.

I wanted to get another sporty car for myself this time. Instead of purchasing either my 4th Corvette or 4th Z28 (as originally planned) I decided to get a sensible and dependable Altima and expected the 6 cylinder version to provide enough sportiness to do the job. It's a long story, but I wound up with the '10 Maxima and couldn't be happier. (it is now our 4th Nissan)

Old 06-07-2010, 07:02 PM

My bride brought a 80 Datsun 210 to my life as part of her dowry, but this is the first Nissan I have ever owned. Had my trusty 300M not died across the interstate from a Nissan Dealer, I'm not certain I would have sought out a Maxima, 7th gen or otherwise..but with nothing but time on my hands while awaiting AAA, I was able to get a look at the brand new 7th gens and, while I thought the box grill a little unrefined, compared to the Peterbuilt front ends of most of it's contemporaries, it was down right aero.

My brother-in-law has had Maximas since he married my sister and she made him get rid of the turbo'd corvair corsa we were constantly working on as teens. (she wanted more than 20 miles per quart of oil!!!) He has strayed only once to a Caddy, but made his return very quickly. Given his "gearhead nature" if he trusted Nissan, I thought, why not give it a go?

Had the Lexus/Infiniti/Cadillac/Lincoln dealers either showed interest in me getting a car "today" or had the product, I must admit that I may not be in a Maxima today, but due to some great stroke of luck, landed in my 2nd most favored car of my life....and as the miles add up, may make it to the number one spot!
Old 06-07-2010, 09:13 PM

first nissan after coming over from a string of Hondas where the quality was faling short of my expectations. I drove the 6thGen a year earlier and didn't feel the need to purchase one. the 7thGen was what I've been looking for.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:18 PM

I dont have a Maxima but when I saw and test drove my Altima SE-R I fell in love wit Nissan and their torque filled VQ-V6 engines
Old 06-08-2010, 05:49 PM

After a crappy Buick and a crappy Chrysler that stayed in the shop more than I drove them, I decided to go foreign; Euro was what everyone else wanted but couldn't afford, Honda was what everyone was driving and then I drove an Accord and loved it but after I saw the then "new" 93 Altima (still was being called a Datsun at the time) and drove it my mind was made up.

Since then, I bought a 96 Altima, then later I decided it was time to move up to a V6 and I always admired the Maximas because one of my friends had one; so I up and purchased a 2K Maxima.

Needless to say I got hooked on Maximas from that time with the 2k and then I bought the 2k3 and then loved it even more than the 2k. Finally, I was shopping for another car in 2008 but I never was that fond of the 6th Gen's styling and I had been reading everything under the sun about the 2k9 coming and I was anxious to get my test drive on. I test drove the Acura (too ugly with that front Grille for my taste), drove the Infiniti G (nice but too small on the interior IMO) and the Audi was too much cheese as well.

Then the 2K9 hit the showroom floor and I was there saw it in person though I had seen it in photos there was a night and day difference, it looked so much better in person and the ride and quality was on par so I didn't leave the dealership without telling them what I wanted.

I went home to ponder my decision and the next thing I know the salesman drives the car to my house with the contract, that was high quality IMO and I just signed the papers, took the keys and went with my family out to eat.

I love my little whip, it isn't the best car in the world but it is the best car for me.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by bk2k3max
I went home to ponder my decision and the next thing I know the salesman drives the car to my house with the contract, that was high quality IMO and I just signed the papers, took the keys and went with my family out to eat.

I love my little whip, it isn't the best car in the world but it is the best car for me.
Well said! I must admit the sales team wanting to make a sale was a very positive point for me as well.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by LtLeary
Well said! I must admit the sales team wanting to make a sale was a very positive point for me as well.
One thing i hate is sales pressure, I didn't experience any whenever I've been to Nissan and even to Infiniti for that matter but the way he drove the car up to my house and stated what was obvious to me about how he knew what I was looking for and he wanted me to get what I wanted, that sealed the deal for me.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:17 AM

One thing i hate is sales pressure, I didn't experience any whenever I've been to Nissan and even to Infiniti for that matter but the way he drove the car up to my house and stated what was obvious to me about how he knew what I was looking for and he wanted me to get what I wanted, that sealed the deal for me.
Sorry, you said it better than I. When I went to other dealers/Mfgs and explained what I wanted, I essentially got the same answer I received when I once asked for a wine list at, what I thought was, a finer dinning establishment, to wit: "We have Red or White." However, at Nissan, they took the time to ask what features I had interest and replied, "we will have one of those here for you to test drive on Tuesday."

Not quite the concierge service you received, but a quantum step above the rest.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:43 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Weird... The main thing that has kept me out of Nissan dealerships is the well known, completely crappy sales experience. The sales model is right out of the "all the crap parts about buying a car" textbook...

What do I have to do to get you in a car TODAY?
I can only give you my best number on an in stock vehicle..
Starting the pricing at STICKER... only to come down like an avalanche.

I've negotiated sales on about 8 cars over the pst decade and a half... and I am capable of negotiating with the best of them, but these expereinces are painful. In the end, the pricing aggressiveness is what sold me as I was able to get a good amount of car for the money....

I dont know if this is a NY region based thing or not... but Nissan dealers here have well deserved bad reps. (Toyota is second worst)
Old 06-09-2010, 08:37 PM

first Nissan ever. I'm a Ford Guy: Lightning and Cobra although I did have a Dodge diesel before the Maxima. Love my car. I saw it on the road and had to have one. Sold the diesel a month later for the new Maxima..enough said. JP
Old 06-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Always been an American car guy myself, but after having the Max for about two weeks now, I am extremely suprised and impressed with Nissan... the luxury and ammenities alone cannot compare to my past American Cars (Explorer, Mustang, Camaro, Fusion).

So far I am completely happy with the new Max
Old 06-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by NYA4
Weird... The main thing that has kept me out of Nissan dealerships is the well known, completely crappy sales experience. The sales model is right out of the "all the crap parts about buying a car" textbook...

What do I have to do to get you in a car TODAY?
I can only give you my best number on an in stock vehicle..
Starting the pricing at STICKER... only to come down like an avalanche.

I've negotiated sales on about 8 cars over the pst decade and a half... and I am capable of negotiating with the best of them, but these expereinces are painful. In the end, the pricing aggressiveness is what sold me as I was able to get a good amount of car for the money....

I dont know if this is a NY region based thing or not... but Nissan dealers here have well deserved bad reps. (Toyota is second worst)
I actually am from Jersey and feel the same way. Salesmen at my local Nissan dealerships were way too pushy and often turned me off to the dealership. Luckily, a close friend is an F&I guy at another dealership, so with his company, we were able to get past the BS and get to the numbers I was looking for.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:27 PM

Owned a 96 & 00 Pathfinder, then bought a 4Runner which I ended up giving to my brother, then shortly after I the 06 Maxima came in, and now I have the 09, can't wait to see whats next for me.

My father owned a 97 & 00 Altima, could never talk him into a Maxima, at the time he just wanted the 4cylinder Altima, I think he drove so many big cars he was just impressed with the simplicity of the Altima.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by ESQMGG
Always been an American car guy myself, but after having the Max for about two weeks now, I am extremely suprised and impressed with Nissan... the luxury and ammenities alone cannot compare to my past American Cars (Explorer, Mustang, Camaro, Fusion).

So far I am completely happy with the new Max
Congrats..you still are an American Car Guy! Our Maximas are built in the good old US of A!
Old 06-10-2010, 06:57 PM

My first Nissan and I love it. Previous car was a crappy old Ford Taurus. The max is obviously a huge upgrade, I'm a Nissan lover now!
Old 06-10-2010, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by MrTeek
I'm a Nissan lover now!
My point exactly. Big win with the 7th Gen. (ha, that could be a slogan)