7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

How To for the DIY'er: "ledbulbz" Bright White LED Bulb Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 01:18 PM

How many circuit boards came in your package from this seller? If you had 4, why not use that to have all the same light in the interior? Here you find the pics as promised. I was off today and decided to take pics.

Car in garage, garage door closed, very dark in garage so I could catch led's ouput, but flash from camera produced a lot of light with the light from led bulb makes it look soo bright.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:28 AM

MiDiablo, thanks for the write up. Saw your post and went and bought the 180 led kit from LEDBULBZ. Got it all installed and it looks great. The 180 led kit is bright for sure and a nice white with a slight blue tint. The only thing left is the reverse bulbs since it's a pain in the rear to get the rear taillight out. Anybody have luck or advise taking out the taillights? The 2 hexnuts are out but the tabs are pretty stubborn to push out.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:53 PM

its too bad their store doesnt have a kit for the 2000-2003 maximas.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by PetitFrereMaxima
How many circuit boards came in your package from this seller? If you had 4, why not use that to have all the same light in the interior? Here you find the pics as promised. I was off today and decided to take pics.

Car in garage, garage door closed, very dark in garage so I could catch led's ouput, but flash from camera produced a lot of light with the light from led bulb makes it look soo bright.

Mine only came with 3 circuit boards. So you basically just stuck the trunk board to the carpeting stuff?
Old 06-01-2010, 09:03 PM

Yes, I stuck the trunk board to the carpeting stuff.

Well, I just got my order of leds from HongKong, China. That thing is BRIGHT!!!!!!!!!! Order took 14 days to get to me. I am very pleased with it. I hope they can last me more than a year.

If you want great light output, buy circuit boards! I got the 15 leds and 13 leds. The 15 is blinding! Real room light in your car. The 13 is super bright too, but a little less than the 15led. I will take pics and post.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:15 PM

Old 06-01-2010, 09:17 PM

Old 06-01-2010, 09:46 PM

Nice thread, i been planing on LED interior for my SER, helpful DIY
Old 06-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Black Lion

One of the most detailed how to's I have ever seen. Nice job.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:00 AM

one of the best post in a long time, good work !!
Old 06-11-2010, 08:29 AM

I bought the kit, got it in the mail yesterday and installed it this morning. Took less than 20 minutes and that included 2 or 3 minutes getting the tools out.

Since it's day time I can't comment on the brightness but getting rid of that stupid soft yellow color already looks 100X's better even during the day. Thanks again for the sweet write up...made it a breeze to install.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:05 AM

I ordered all of my leds from superbrightleds.com. i have had them in my 96 max for 2 years and they are bright as dog snot... they are priced well and they arrived very fast.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:56 AM

I ordered my LEDs from V-Leds.com, i purchased 7 pairs of the 194 5-Led light (14 total LED lights), and they work great. I bought them in white, they make a huge difference, and i'll try to get some pics up soon. I have 13 lights installed so far:

4-Door light
2-foot lights
2-license lights
1-trunk light
2-front map lights
2-rear map lights

The 14th light was for the glove box, but i have no idea how to get to it. Has anyone here replaced that light or know how to get to it? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:08 PM

I've ordered the 180 LEDbulbz kit. I put 2 of the 12 LED circuit board in the front Map lights as it make for a nice spread out look. The 24 LED bulb that were intended for the map lights I put in the floor. I may switch those our for some blue 24 LED bulbs that I ordered. I have no idea how to get to the backup lights however. This whole LED thing was a great Idea, and the assortment you can use means that you can find something that you'll really like. Just needs some Ideas on the backup lights. By the way to get the 24 bulb LED in the floor lights you need to twist the socket out, then put the bulb connection end thru the hole, push the connector on then retwist the connector back on. You can't get the 24 LED bulb all the way through the the hole left by the connector, only the end of the bulb, just enough to push it onto the socket!
Old 07-11-2010, 06:37 PM

wow,I just bought this kit off ebay yesterday and was going to post on it but now i see there is a thread on it already.lol. I also see there is a 3 day sale from this seller and the full kit is $89 now.I cant wait for it to come in.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:27 PM

Glad to find this post! Looks easy to do with these great instructions. Great job! I am waiting for my 2010 maxima sv premium to be delivered to me in just a few days. Was reading about this stock so called mood lighting included but nothing to be drooling for it seems.. I have a 2008 dodge avenger r/t that came with the blue leds, lighting whole interior bright and loved it. It is a must to have in the maxima to me and for $40 on ebay ledbulbz. they are perfect for just the inside minus the mirror/sun shades.... Great info here and look foward to having these in my new max~
Old 07-11-2010, 08:48 PM

Yeah it is a great kit and good seller . I had a few bulbs that were defective and lighting on and off but the seller sent me replacement ones at no charge. The rear backup light is a pain. You have to pull the carpet lining to reveal the 2 bottom screws that you have to use a socket wrench or wrench to unscrew the screw nuts. There are tabs that are towards the lower and upper rear of the taillight that I used pliers to pinch so it will release the taillight when removing it. I used a hammer to lightly tap the screws on the taillight until it was loosened enough to pull out the taillights.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:05 PM

What is needed now to do the fronat and rear blinkers in led? is there a flasher that needs to be replaced?
Old 07-19-2010, 02:27 PM

I guess I pulled a little too hard on the plugs for the trunk and now the pieces won't pop back in. Any one know where to get replacements
Old 07-19-2010, 03:36 PM

Local Nissan dealership parts dept or courtesyNissan.com
Old 07-21-2010, 08:27 AM

I installed this kit from ebay and I like it very much.My interior is very bright now.I just dont like the rear map light led boards that just sit there.I want to mount then somehow cause when the bass hits they rattle around in there.

I also still want to figure out whats needed to do the front and rear parking light/turn/brake lights.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:13 AM

I just installed a kit from this seller as well and am very satisfied....Thanks Maxima.org.

Eric
Old 08-07-2010, 10:52 AM

After I seen another member say this i did it today and love it. I switched the board leds from rear to the floor lights and it all looks well balanced now.very even light.and might i add the door lights are enough to see when exiting at night.

! poor effect is all the dome lights look cheap due to the frosted lenses.and the hot glue used for the inserts of the board melts off and drips.
NOW I just need to find all the proper blinker leds and digital flasher if needed.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:38 PM

great job !
Old 08-10-2010, 07:06 AM

Has anyone switched to the 180-LED kit from this seller? Wondering if the pics in the auction are real or enhanced. They seem very bright.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:31 AM

^ I will post mine up today.They are just right.not to bright and the color is ok.the 180 kit is a nice kit.the onlything I would have changed is the better reverse bulbs.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:00 AM

Here is a few pics i took with my phone.the footwell looks great with the led boards i swapped from rear map lights. it all looks great.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:02 AM

Please if anyone can confirm this on any led kit you may have: in the total darkness do your rear map lights have a tiny glow?I noticed my rear map lights stay on just a tiny bit.ifyou switch the dome light switch to off and not the door they will go out totally.its not very noticable but they do indeed stay on.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Juggernaut23
Please if anyone can confirm this on any led kit you may have: in the total darkness do your rear map lights have a tiny glow?I noticed my rear map lights stay on just a tiny bit.ifyou switch the dome light switch to off and not the door they will go out totally.its not very noticable but they do indeed stay on.
I really appreciate the pics. Could you tell me if the brightness inside the car is better, or worse, compared to stock? I'm talking as far as say, being able to read a map or something. I know the white LOOKS better than OEM, but was wondering how much visibility I'd lose. I guess the main concern I have is for the front map lights, since they provide the most light inside.

Also, which lights did you use for reverse lights, and are those also brighter than stock?

Last question, are the provided license plate lights bright enough? Do they look like OEM Lexus, etc?

Thanks again.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:13 PM

the rev lights came withthe ebay 180 kit. not bad looking but i would get the next step up led bulb they offer.
the plate lights are very nice and yes like lexus.they fit niceley as other led tower 194 style bulbs wont fit like other cars so these they have are perfect.
the map lights are about the same. the mirror lights are real bright. open the visor mirror if you need to read anyhting.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:03 PM

Has anyone put in the Blue LEDs from ledbulbz yet? I'm looking at both his sets, Im thinking of getting the blue LEDs for the interior lighting and a pair of whites for the visors.

Any feedback on non-white LEDs?
Old 08-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Question LED bulbs set

I have my trunk completely torn apart right now, I have installed the entire set except for the reverse lights. I have removed the liner and the two nuts that are securing the tail light there is a brong sticking into the trunk close to the tip of the tail light that points towards the front. I would like to finish but I can't seem to get the light assembly out without feeling like I am going to crack it!!! please help
Old 08-13-2010, 06:26 PM

Just recieved my set of ledbulbz. I must say i am impressed with the look!!! I know they arent the most bright but they sure look dam good over the stock and all the chrome parts around the dash gleam real nice. I got them for $35 for the 72 led kit,I made a best offer to the seller and he accepted that rather then buy it now price... It should have came with 13 led's total but im missing 2 and only have 11... He was supposed to give me the free license plate ones which i have, But still missing 2. I emailed seller waiting for reply. No biggie i didnt put the plate ones and instead used them under dashboard. Thanks for the great instructions here and information on this thread for the LED's..
Old 08-13-2010, 11:16 PM

Just ordered the 180-led set in white. How hard is it to do the reverse lights?
Old 08-14-2010, 06:51 AM

Got an email last night from him confirmign my order. Blue LED Interiors and then whites for the visors.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:45 AM

Do these dim when you close the doors like the stock bulbs or do they just shut off?
Old 08-14-2010, 12:23 PM

It's funny because right after I installed everything and came back in, I had the same concern, will they dim. I'm not sure I will check later tonight if no one else posts.

Also, I just did the 180 LED kit. I didn't do the reverse lights because I am going to be replacing the signals also so I want to do it all at once. Everything else went pretty much as noted here in this great write-up. I just wanted to add some very simple pics of the visor install which are not part of the original write-up. I also decided to use the LED panel for the front map lights instead of the rear. That's where I wanted more light.

Remove the plastic cover by pushing down from the top and pulling away

I just used the screwdriver to pry off the bulbs. They came out easy and would hang from one clamp and not fall down so easy to remove after that.

Here are the LED visor lights

After install. Nice and bright even in complete daylight.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:42 PM

If I do end up buying these...(waiting for your reply to see if they dim or not)......I'll probably buy them in 2 separate colors. One set in blue for the "under dash" lights and white for everything else.

Kinda like this guy.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/464988

I wonder if his bulbs would fit our 7th gen. I trust Japanese products a little more than Chinese products.

Last edited by molibya; 08-14-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by molibya
Do these dim when you close the doors like the stock bulbs or do they just shut off?
After i installed mine i see that now they just turn off instead of dimming like before... Kinda weird but still looks good. Here are some pics taken during the day today~

Old 08-14-2010, 03:43 PM

That's weird because I noticed that they dimmed a little bit but when the current gets to a certain point (low) they turn off. So its not a full fade out but not a straight on/off for me.

Quick Reply: How To for the DIY'er: "ledbulbz" Bright White LED Bulb Install