7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Passenger side (Heated Seats)?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 06:21 PM

Question Passenger side (Heated Seats)?

Hey guys, I am back in a Maxima, have not had one since 2005. Traded in my Infiniti FX for the 2010 Maxima SV Premium, w/ Premium + Tech, picked it up today and took my wife for a ride, and we could not fine her favorite part the heated passenger seat. I have the one climate control for the driver seat, any idea where, if I even have it, is the heated seat for the passenger?

If they don't have this in a fully loaded car I would be shocked.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:40 PM

I have it as part of the Cold Package.There are two toggle switches,one for driver one for passenger seat.Located on the center panel near the shift.

Last edited by mrgooch42; 01-26-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:54 PM

your wife is about to be unhappy..... the passenger side doesn't heat anywhere near as warm as the drivers side. why? it has to do with the weight sensor for the air bag. They are afraid that the high heat will break the sensor in the seat and then the airbag might not go off when needed.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by k757
your wife is about to be unhappy..... the passenger side doesn't heat anywhere near as warm as the drivers side. why? it has to do with the weight sensor for the air bag. They are afraid that the high heat will break the sensor in the seat and then the airbag might not go off when needed.

i did not know that about the seat for the passenger.. i know my seat gets HOT!! not complaining but just very noticeable. speaking of passenger seats, how come Nissan shafted the passengers with the a/c seats? i know they were saying something bout this car being the "DRIVERS" car but sometimes main driver is the passenger.. you know
Old 01-27-2010, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by k757

That sort of surprises me. My wife loves the heat in the passenger seat in our '09 Maxima. It definitely gets warm enough that she has to keep it on the low setting.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:52 AM

My girlfriend loves her heated seat too so I know it gets nice and toasty. It sounds like you couldn't even find the button for it which is odd b/c they are right next to each other
Old 01-27-2010, 04:17 AM

In mine there is only one button, and a **** to turn it low to high, hot or cold, I don't see a switch for the passenger side.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by jnp1
In mine there is only one button, and a **** to turn it low to high, hot or cold, I don't see a switch for the passenger side.
The button is the control for the passenger seat and the **** is the control for the driver's.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by ratdoc
The button is the control for the passenger seat and the **** is the control for the driver's.
Now that may make some sense, thanks ratdoc
Old 01-27-2010, 06:13 PM

What about Flip2cho.... He helped a little bit too right??
Old 01-29-2010, 07:00 AM

i really never understood the heated seats... i would much rather have it heated on my lumbar support. that where i really need it.. who cares about my bottom. It kinda reminds me of getting on a warm toilet seat...
Old 01-29-2010, 12:27 PM

I have both driven the car and sat as a front passenger in the car and the heated seats felt the same to me in regards to time they came on and intensity of heat at the high and low settings but I have a SV with the cold and tech package only

I know on the premium package the front driver seat is cooled and heated while the front passenger is only heated; you'd think on an almost 40k dollar car they have the front passenger seat cooled and heated if you got the premium package!
Old 01-29-2010, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by s-one
i really never understood the heated seats... i would much rather have it heated on my lumbar support. that where i really need it.. who cares about my bottom. It kinda reminds me of getting on a warm toilet seat...

Have I been imagining things (I sometimes do)? I was under the impression the lumbar (lower) part of my seat back WAS heated whenever the seat bottom was heated? Anyone know for sure, or will I have to check this tomorrow when I drive my car?
Old 01-29-2010, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Have I been imagining things (I sometimes do)? I was under the impression the lumbar (lower) part of my seat back WAS heated whenever the seat bottom was heated? Anyone know for sure, or will I have to check this tomorrow when I drive my car?
you are quite correct, both the front driver and passenger seats heat both the bottom cushion and the back cushion (mid to low back levels); I'm very aware of this because I have another car that only heats the bottom cushion which is of no use to me because I have a lumbar spinal fusion so I need heat on my back when I sit in the car - any car I test drive, I make sure the lumbar cushion heats up because that is a must for me now

What my question is, how does the heater system work? r u suppose to put it on high first till it gets really hot and then switch it to low so that the heat continually stays on or does it matter? does the heater automatically switch off and on, whether its on high or low, to keep the temp constant?

my other car works on the basis that the hi setting is put on first to get the seat heated up really warm pretty quickly but then your suppose to switch it to low because only on the low setting does the heater stay on all the time so I don't know if that is how the Max's work or if it doesn't matter whether it is kept on hi or low
Old 01-29-2010, 01:50 PM

Yep, I concur. The lower back is also heated.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:56 PM

Not sure if its me but I feel like the drivers seat doesnt get hot enough and the steering wheel takes a while to get warm.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by 2010MaximaSV
Not sure if its me but I feel like the drivers seat doesnt get hot enough and the steering wheel takes a while to get warm.

My driver's seat has the multi-level rotating individual seat **** that enables low or high heat or low or high cooling, and every setting works very well. My steering wheel usually loses its coldness within ten to twenty seconds after I turn the steering wheel heater on. Within one minute, the wheel is warm, and usually within two or three minutes, the wheel is hot, almost uncomfortably so.

But more than one poster on the ORG has not been totally happy with the heating of the driver's seat. Others say the passenger seat does not heat properly. i don't understand these variances. We would think all Maximas of the same model year would behave similarly, but they don't.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:42 AM

My steering wheel usually loses its coldness within ten to twenty seconds after I turn the steering wheel heater on. Within one minute, the wheel is warm, and usually within two or three minutes, the wheel is hot, almost uncomfortably so.
I feel that there should have been a high and low selection on the steering wheel heating system. It does get too hot to handle and then cools off quickly when you do turn it off.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:05 PM

My steering wheel usually loses its coldness within ten to twenty seconds after I turn the steering wheel heater on. Within one minute, the wheel is warm, and usually within two or three minutes, the wheel is hot, almost uncomfortably so.

When I posted the above statement, I was recalling the way my heated steering wheel performed last fall. I decided to check this thing again. Today was a colder day, and it took the wheel thirty seconds to lose the cold feel, and almost two minutes to feel warm. It was four minutes before it was toasty, but never did get too hot, as it tends to do in spring and fall. When we consider how this heat is created, I feel those are reasonable times.

I would prefer to have either a controllable rheostat switch on this thing, or, as 09Maxima_Sam suggested, a two-setting switch. Either one would make this feature more useful and more enjoyable.

But no matter how well or 'unwell' this feature may work, I will NEVER again own a vehicle without it. The extremely poor circulation in my hands requires this heat. Gloves do not keep my old, gnarly, skinny fingers from freezing to numbness, so in vehicles without a heated steering wheel, my wife drives unless the temp is above 70 degrees.