7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Weather-Tech In-Channel Vent-Visors

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 12:46 AM

Weather-Tech In-Channel Vent-Visors

Ok guys so I have been interested in purchasing a set of ventvisors for a while now and while AVS does have a pair out I never liked how the black looked on the outside to me it messes up the chrome around the outer part of the window and the chrome strip that they offer on one of their product ventvisors for the maxima just doesn't look right IMO. I did some looking around on the WeatherTech web site and they do have a product request forum so for those of you interested and even if your not would you be able to take about 4 min of your time and request them to produce this product? It will help me as-well as others in the community.

If you take the time to fill this out please post below and I thank you for those that took the time to do so in advance and I appreciate you helping out the 7th Gen. Maxima Community.

UPDATE: (12/12/09) I gave WeatherTech a call today just to possibly get a quicker response and I talked to some guy over there and I asked him if they planned on releasing a the In Channel Visors for the 09/10 and he said that they actually tried testing a few times and they couldn't come up with one that actually stayed inside the window channel so he said that the don't think that they are going to be coming out with one. Not very happy at all about that, Nissan should have made it alittle easier for them.

Last edited by KillaKam; 12-12-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:52 AM

I filled it out back in May when I got my car, but I went ahead and did it again today. Hope to see them. All the others I have seen suck, WeatherTech for the WIN.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:19 AM

Request has been made. I would like to see these for the Maxima. From what I can tell, they look better than anything else I have seen. Very low profile.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by 09Maxima_Sam
I filled it out back in May when I got my car, but I went ahead and did it again today. Hope to see them. All the others I have seen suck, WeatherTech for the WIN.
Originally Posted by 67whitegoat
Request has been made. I would like to see these for the Maxima. From what I can tell, they look better than anything else I have seen. Very low profile.
Thanx for helping out guys. Ya compared to everything else that I have seen these look the best by far and look to be very well made. Hopefully they get the ball rolling on them. I see that the 08' Maxima's had them so I don't see why they would skip a generation and y they didn't just make the product when they designed all of their other products for the 09.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:51 PM

BUMP BUMP BUMP!!!!

Just spoke to WeatherTech again today about something else and asked them about the In Channels again and they said that it is in development and should be ready in about 6 to 9 weeks better than nothing guys. Keep it up and keep on sending them product requests though that way they might get it done quicker than they are.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:06 AM

niceee been wanting visors since i got my car.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:04 PM

Hey guys just wanted to give everyone and update on what is going on with the in channel vent visors from weather-tech. I finally got a response email from them and it is extremely good news. It looks like all of the product requests that you all sent in helped out and they are pushing the production forward. Here is them email that Del from McNeil Automotive sent to me:

Hi Kamber,

The New Nissans have been challenging to say the least. As you many already know our deflectors slide up inside the window channel and the channels in the Nissan are very tight. I spoke with an Engineer and he seems confident that we may have something by Spring.

Thank you and have a great weekend
Old 11-02-2013, 06:08 PM

I brought this one back for informative purposes, so here we go. The front ones fit in the channel but the window hits the deflector and is very annoying. The fit is terrable because the glass and the deflector are too thick. The rear deflectors DO NOT FIT WHAT SO EVER. The contour of the deflector does not fit to the contour of the window at all. And to top it off, the window does not roll up all the way. So either they do not fit at all or I received a dud set. Anyone have any issues with these? I'd like to hear some feedback.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:18 AM

I had this same problem with my weathertec's on my 2003 Maxima, at that time I vowed not to get another set again.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:48 PM

Living in a hot climate where I don't want to leave my car sitting in the blistering sun with the windows rolled up (results in more rapid deterioration/dry rot of upholstery, parcel shelf, ceiling lining, etc, as well as anything I may have in the car), I insist on rain visors on any car I own.

So I called around concerning rain guards for the 7th gen around five years ago, and was told by three companies that Nissan had tightened the glass fitment for windows on the 7th gen Maxima as part of their effort at shutting outside noise from the cabin. This tightening made the cabin quieter, but also meant it would be very difficult to have in-channel visors. So, having no choice, I put on the ones that mount on the outside.

For an **** person like me, I was not thrilled about the looks. Surprisingly, nobody has ever seemed to notice, and folks I have asked said they loved the looks of my car, and had not even noticed the fact the rain visors were attached on the outside until I mentioned it. Folks thought they looked fine. Of course the reaction would be far different at events such as a car show.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:44 AM

I wouldn't mind the outer mounting, but the chrome trim and black visors look horrible.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:52 PM

To each their own. Some may like it or not, but in all honesty who really cares? If you really are going on what looks good and not, it come down to if you want them or not

If you want to have ventilation in the summer or when it is raining, without getting your interior soaked you have to bit the bullet and get them.

I have the AVS with the chrome trim, last time I checked they only make them one way. At first i didn't like it, but it grew on my, as I rather not put ones on that stick out to an 1 1/2 ( small bubble) like other vendors. The AVS one is flat and contours to the car windows.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:55 PM

I have the AVS in-channel ones and they look pretty good. I had to add some 3m tape to a few areas to keep the windows from hitting them.

I think all the manufacturers dropped the ball on the design for these on the 7th gen Maxima