7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Winter mats, Weather tech or Nissan?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 10:52 PM

Winter mats, Weather tech or Nissan?

I live in the Northeast and winter is amongst us. I'm curious to what you think of your mats after some use? I'm reading posts from a year ago and am wondering how you feel now?

Not sure which ones to get!!!

Last edited by Muslenutz; 12-01-2009 at 05:31 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Muslenutz
I love in the Northeast and winter is amongst us. I'm curious to what you think of your mats after some use? I'm reading posts from a year ago and am wondering how you feel now?

Not sure which ones to get!!!
I have the Nissan rubber mats, just switched them in the other day. The one thing I notice is that with all this rain we've been having the deep grooves catch water and all sorts of debris off my workboots quite nicely. I can't speak about the weathertech mats as I've never owned them, but so far I'm liking the ones I have. We'll see soon enough how they handle snow.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:25 AM

i also have the nissan weather mats, i havent tested them yet probably will put them in this week, The weathertech ones might be quite more expensive then nissans 90 bucks mats as well
Old 12-01-2009, 05:58 AM

The digital cut weathertechs are fantastic. Highly recommended.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:19 AM

Since the Nissan winter mats only seemed to be available in black, and as I have the Latte interior, I ordered the WeatherTech Digital Fits. Should be delivered today. I'll post after I get them in. My only concern is how slick they might be when wet.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:35 AM

Get the weathertech digital fits. I got the front set and I'm very pleased- perfect fit.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:00 PM

Weathertech all the way!!! They are almost same price as the Nissan ones... Nissan 90? Weathertech from autogeek.com was 99.00 shipped to me!

There is already a thread similar to this. I think it is called All season mat. Will tell you a lot.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:04 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I got the Nissal All Weather Mats for free when I purchased the car. I love them! They work great and have good deep grooves to catch any debris from your shoes, plus they have "Maxima" lettering on them, which gives them a personal feel.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:46 PM
TBA

Very pleased with my Nissan all-weather mats. The tall grooves allow "stuff" to collect in them and stay put.

I hated the Weather Tech "standard" mats (did not fit nicely at all - sent them back).

I did not like the Weather Tech digital fit liners for a relative's Honda CRV. They were too slick for my taste, and the grooves were not deep enough. But the coverage up the sides is better.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:53 PM

Just bought a set of 1st & 2nd row Weather-Tech Digital Fit Floor mats for my car so can't wait to get them and try them out.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:27 AM

i think img gonna go with the weather digital fit floor liners instead of the mats.. i wish cars came with the option of hard floor or carpeted... its a pain to have to vaccum car floors ... opinions?
Old 12-04-2009, 04:57 PM

Need a good site for the Weather Tech Digital Floor Liners .Any suggestions ?? Auto Geek is 159.00 for 2010 Max anywhere cheaper ?? Thanks
Old 12-05-2009, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by 1fast6
Need a good site for the Weather Tech Digital Floor Liners .Any suggestions ?? Auto Geek is 159.00 for 2010 Max anywhere cheaper ?? Thanks
Wow, seems a little pricey. Talk to the autogeek guys. They might have a discount going on. I know WeatherTech is a little more expensive than autogeek, though weathertech are the manufacturers.

Don't know any other person carrying the Digital Floor Liners, but those 2 companies. Maybe some other person will throw in a suggestion.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:35 AM

FEI if you order the floor mats from AutoGeek.com they are going to take 1 to 2 weeks just to get your order so you might not receive them for 3 to 4 weeks possibly. If ik that I would have sprung for the extra $18 shipping with weathertech
Old 12-05-2009, 07:38 PM

i just picked up a full set of all season rubber matts from the dealership. They are great quality, strong but soft rubber. I picked them up for 73 bucks after tax!!!! I called them and asked if they had them, and he said, yes, actually we have 6 sets! i asked how much and he told me they are 85 bucks or so, and he told me he would sell them to me for 70 bucks!!! so i said alrighty ill be there in a few. I just can't justify the money for those other mats. that do the same thing. I mean you could even get 3 or more extra sets of carpeted mats from nissan for that amount of money, and use one set for winter. but that is just me. im really happy with the nissan mats though
Old 12-05-2009, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by 2010BlackMax
i just picked up a full set of all season rubber matts from the dealership. They are great quality, strong but soft rubber. I picked them up for 73 bucks after tax!!!! I called them and asked if they had them, and he said, yes, actually we have 6 sets! i asked how much and he told me they are 85 bucks or so, and he told me he would sell them to me for 70 bucks!!! so i said alrighty ill be there in a few. I just can't justify the money for those other mats. that do the same thing. I mean you could even get 3 or more extra sets of carpeted mats from nissan for that amount of money, and use one set for winter. but that is just me. im really happy with the nissan mats though
To each his own I guess but IMO I like the WeatherTechs Digital Fit Floor Mats only because no water is going to get under neath them because they have the raised edges on the side and trap water unlike the nissan ones they fit in place kinda just like the carpet mats do they just sit up higher and to me water could still get on the carpers on the sides and or underneath somehow.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:05 PM

Now I really dont know what to do!!! LOL
Old 12-06-2009, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by KillaKam
To each his own I guess but IMO I like the WeatherTechs Digital Fit Floor Mats only because no water is going to get under neath them because they have the raised edges on the side and trap water unlike the nissan ones they fit in place kinda just like the carpet mats do they just sit up higher and to me water could still get on the carpers on the sides and or underneath somehow.
i totally agree. if its your money you get what you want!!!! for me i live in kansas, so we dont' get much snow. I just need a small amount of protection. for me the nissan mats will do just fine. it does have ridges and a raised edge to catch water and junk. can't comment on the whether tech ones havent ever scene them but i have heard that they are nice
Old 12-09-2009, 04:40 PM

Snowed in the NE today, flipped the mats over! Im ordering the weather techs, thanks everyone
Old 12-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

http://autogeek.net has the a 15% off coupon going this weekend for anyone interested in purchasing the Weathertech Digital Floor Mats. I picked up a pair for myself!
Old 12-13-2009, 07:51 PM

i suggest weathertechs my brother spilled soda all over that mat all he had to do was take it out pour out the soda and use water to clean it a bit
Old 12-14-2009, 02:39 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

on the website autogeek it says nissan maxima 2009 yr

2005 will fit right? cause on weather tech.com they have 6th gen model
'
but on this website autogeek only posts 2009 maxima any insight on this?
Old 12-14-2009, 06:14 AM
TBA

Originally Posted by NYJOHN

'
Which mats? There are two types of Weather Tech mats.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by NYJOHN

'
It DOES NOT look like they floor liners for 2005.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:41 PM

I have the stock Nissan rubber mats. They are great. Recommend those...

-RR
Old 12-14-2009, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by doubler8
I have the stock Nissan rubber mats. They are great. Recommend those...

-RR

I second that!!! very happy with mine
Old 12-14-2009, 09:59 PM

can someone post pics of the nissan factory all season mats, curious to the look?
Old 12-15-2009, 06:33 AM

can someone post pics of the nissan factory all season mats, curious to the look?
http://forums.maxima.org/7th-generat...athertech.html
Old 12-15-2009, 06:32 PM

nissan mats

http://www.nissanusa.com/maxima/accessories.html

scroll to the bottom on the interior page. click on the picture and it will zoom in for ya. i got mine from the dealer for 75 bucks or so after tax
he said he would sell them to me for that due to the fact that they had like 7 sets in stock and he didn't know why

but i like them. That price is for all 4 by the way!!! Good Rubber
Old 12-18-2009, 07:53 AM

Autogeek does not list all of the Weathertech mats...they drop ship them right from
WeatherTech. If WeatherTech makes them, then Autogeek can get them, you just need to call AutoGeek. I bought the WeatherTech Digital cut mats for my 07, and they fit great.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:46 AM

Just got my weathertech digi fit floor mats the other day and put them in last night and I gotta say that I am very impressed with them.. There are a couple of gaps in some places but I'm sure that they will fit into place once some heat hits them. Been in the Teens in CT so we shall see.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:52 PM

Got the mats today and they look and seem great, especially since we received over a foot of snow yesterday. The only minor flaw appears on the passenger side front, a small curve in the upper side of the plastic. Im sure it will smooth out in time. The box stated 2009, Im sure its the same as 2010. Thanks for everyones help.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by KillaKam
Just got my weathertech digi fit floor mats the other day and put them in last night and I gotta say that I am very impressed with them.. There are a couple of gaps in some places but I'm sure that they will fit into place once some heat hits them. Been in the Teens in CT so we shall see.
Got the mats today and they look and seem great, especially since we received over a foot of snow yesterday. The only minor flaw appears on the passenger side front, a small curve in the upper side of the plastic. Im sure it will smooth out in time. The box stated 2009, Im sure its the same as 2010. Thanks for everyones help.
Ya I gotta say that they are doing there job very well. I noticed that on the drivers side if your looking down when sitting on the left corner kinda where the seat rail is there is a fairly large gap there; not sure if that is going to straighten itself or what but its kinda bothering me now. There is one small one on the passenger side but I think thats a bend and that might go away as soon as it warms up. I'll take a picture tomm to show everyone what I am talking about. CT has been extremely cold and haven't had a chance to really do anything else.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:35 AM

Question

Originally Posted by 1sik4dsc
i also have the nissan weather mats, i havent tested them yet probably will put them in this week, The weathertech ones might be quite more expensive then nissans 90 bucks mats as well

I like the headlight tints; very nice!
Did you buy a kit or ?
Old 08-02-2010, 02:04 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have not had a problem getting the exact color for all my cars with weather tech. just the best mats.

Last edited by litterfisher; 08-16-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I've got a set of the WeatherTech front digital floor liners in black from my 2009. I just turned the car in and will let them go for $60 + shipping and I'll ship em as soon as I receive payment.
These worked awesome! When they came out of the car in Spring, the carpet was spotless.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:14 PM

Nissan brand. Just pull out the factory ones and you get a nice fit. Weather tech mats are great for older cars since they never offered them as an option but today every car makers offer really good complete sets.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:11 PM

Nissan Mats-Be Aware

I am not sure how much expierence folks have with the Nissan mats but I bought them back in 07 with my new altima. They are identical in quality of the ones I bought for my Max with the difference being the model name imprinted on the mats.

I drive an hour + each way to work and home so I have a lot of driving time behind the wheel.
With the Nissan mats, they last around a year and a half before the ribs tend to rip away from the mat and leaves a gap between the rib and the base of the mat which allows water through. It rips where your heel rests while driving.

Not sure that this will be different with the Maxima (it could because the driving position and layout is different or different depending on the drivers shoe size) but I went through 2 sets in 3 years and when I traded it in, the second set (driver mat only) was ripped.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Weather Tech! Have had the liners in all my vehicles...Trucks and cars...Cannot go wrong. Worth every penny !!! Order right from there site. They have the best prices !
I got the complete set 2 fronts, Rear and the trunk liner.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:04 PM

i got the original from nissan there very good quality

Quick Reply: Winter mats, Weather tech or Nissan?