7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Bluetooth/Nav to the '09 S

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 12:51 PM

Bluetooth/Nav to the '09 S

So, coming out of the dealer with my '09 S, I was given the impression that I could add the stock bluetooth and navi system. Low-and-behold I call the service department the next day and of course, they can't simply add in the bluetooth or navi without changing out most/all of the dash electronics?

Any suggestions on the best way of adding stock or as close to stock bluetooth/navi to my '09S for a reasonable cost?
Old 11-11-2009, 01:38 PM
TBA

I think you'll find that once the car has left the factory, it will be a very expensive proposition to add in the Navi / bluetooth.

Honestly, you might be better served going with a Garmin that has bluetooth.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by CKphilly
So, coming out of the dealer with my '09 S, I was given the impression that I could add the stock bluetooth and navi system. Low-and-behold I call the service department the next day and of course, they can't simply add in the bluetooth or navi without changing out most/all of the dash electronics?

Any suggestions on the best way of adding stock or as close to stock bluetooth/navi to my '09S for a reasonable cost?
Salesmens are scumm...They no nothing about the cars, only that they need you to buy them...and they will say anthing to get you to buy, then deny that they told you something and ask if you got in on paper...
Old 11-12-2009, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by tpinsocal
Salesmens are scumm...They no nothing about the cars, only that they need you to buy them...and they will say anthing to get you to buy, then deny that they told you something and ask if you got in on paper...
Amen brother, one of the reasons I trolled this forum for info prior a few months before purchasing my car.

Last edited by 09Maxima_Sam; 11-12-2009 at 09:57 AM.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:17 AM

You should never leave the dealership without the EXACT car that you want (and can afford of course). Adding any factory options short of spoilers and mud flaps after the fact will likely not ever be cost effective. It’s seems that you are/were willing to pay extra for the Navi/Bluetooth. Why didn’t you just have the dealer find you the exact car you wanted? At this point it makes more sense to just get a portable Navi.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by madstylez
You should never leave the dealership without the EXACT car that you want (and can afford of course). Adding any factory options short of spoilers and mud flaps after the fact will likely not ever be cost effective. It’s seems that you are/were willing to pay extra for the Navi/Bluetooth. Why didn’t you just have the dealer find you the exact car you wanted? At this point it makes more sense to just get a portable Navi.
Those are some more wise words. :
Old 11-12-2009, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by madstylez
I can only blame myself. When I asked the sales agent about it, I clearly asked if I could add Nissan's stock BT/Navi to my '09 and he said to me, "I have a guy that can do it for you, he does the electronics for our dealership." I call up "his guy" to find out that he doesn't do stock installations (not only doesn't, but can't on the '09 S because of the different dash electronics). Then, I call up the sales guy again and he suddenly forgot about our conversation.

Part of me wasn't surprised to be honest because he didn't seem very all together as a sales person (looked like he might have had a stroke in the past few years). But in the end, I got the price I wanted, and I love the car with or without the BT/Navi =P
Old 11-12-2009, 12:18 PM

I can only blame myself. When I asked the sales agent about it, I clearly asked if I could add Nissan's stock BT/Navi to my '09 and he said to me, "I have a guy that can do it for you, he does the electronics for our dealership." I call up "his guy" to find out that he doesn't do stock installations (not only doesn't, but can't on the '09 S because of the different dash electronics). Then, I call up the sales guy again and he suddenly forgot about our conversation.

Part of me wasn't surprised to be honest because he didn't seem very all together as a sales person (looked like he might have had a stroke in the past few years). But in the end, I got the price I wanted, and I love the car with or without the BT/Navi =P
Yeah, just take it as a learning experience. Sorry it didn’t work out the way you wanted but the Max is a sweet ride without the BT/Navi. And it sounds like you got a good deal on it so just enjoy it.

Remember when making any purchase that you are in control. Salespeople are trained to convince you that they are doing you a favor in the transaction. And it bugs me when people say stuff like “they put me in X car” as if the salesperson really “worked” with them to get the car. They don’t “put” you in anything, they take your money and hopefully you get a decent deal out of it. Salespeople in general are not looking out for your best interest and will say damn near anything to get a sale.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:03 PM

Yeah, installing the stock Navi/BT into an S model is extremely expensive.
But the main reason they won't/can't do it at the dealership is supposedly the harnesses are competely different between a S and SV models.

I am pricing up a an aftermarket setup now, gonna run me around $2000 but that is cause I am going with the Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT. As well as having the XM/Sirius tuner, the receiver and a couple other bells and whistles. Several companies are finally getting out the kits for this, so they atleast match the interior. Guy I was talking was saying it seems Nissan is always last to get these aftermarket items done.

Besides aftermarket rules...

Good Luck on whatever you decide to do
Old 11-12-2009, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by MaxSleeper
But the main reason they won't/can't do it at the dealership is supposedly the harnesses are competely different between a S and SV models.

I am pricing up a an aftermarket setup now, gonna run me around $2000 but that is cause I am going with the Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT. As well as having the XM/Sirius tuner, the receiver and a couple other bells and whistles. Several companies are finally getting out the kits for this, so they atleast match the interior. Guy I was talking was saying it seems Nissan is always last to get these aftermarket items done.

Hi MaxSleeper,

I am interested in Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT as well. I just checked to see if it is compatible with 09 Max S. According to Crutchfield it is compatible. Whereas, Amazon says it is not compatible. In any case, the unit itself is like $1000. I am just curious why it is costing you around 2k.

Also, Can you please give me an idea of how much you are paying for labor? Thanks man.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:46 PM

Unfortunately, the pioneer website does not have installation pics for the '09/'10 Max.

Pics and price for labor if you get this done would be amazing. This looks perfectly in line with what I'm looking for.
Old 11-14-2009, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by slvr_4dsc
Hi MaxSleeper,

I am interested in Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT as well. I just checked to see if it is compatible with 09 Max S. According to Crutchfield it is compatible. Whereas, Amazon says it is not compatible. In any case, the unit itself is like $1000. I am just curious why it is costing you around 2k.

Also, Can you please give me an idea of how much you are paying for labor? Thanks man.

Ya sure you were looking at the right one and a brand new one? Everwhere I looked has it priced from $1700-1400 and they have a $200 rebate special going on as well. Im gonna get XM/Sirius, so that is another $75-125 for the tuner. Plus the antenna receiver and you know that price range can be wide depending on what you want and where exactly you want to put it. Plus any additional cables for the antenna and tuner, depending on where I have everything put. I haven't decided whether or not to put the iPod cable in yet or not. (probably will) Then you have the mounting and facia (which im assuming you want to match), that will run ya $30-50 or so. And im thinking there are a couple other odds and ends I am forgetting about, which will probably include cabling kits of one sort or another. Plus I haven't decided on the MSN direct or not and that will also add another "tuner" to buy.

Labor in this area is avg. about $75 an hour, dont' forget taxes on everthing as well. Overall this will push the $2k mark and I'm sure the price will change depending on what all needs to be done exactly in the end and how long it will take, but not by much. Most places are quoting 3 hrs or so on avg.

Pics will definitely be posted when its all said and done. Which will be 2 or so mths from now. Need to watch those pennies and not over extend myself financially, especially in this day and age. I might bite the bullet and pick up the unit right away to take advantage of the rebate. (it ends Dec 31, 09) Though, Xmas is right around the corner...hmmmmm

Anyways, if anyone has done this aftermarket change. Feel free to post some pics of the work.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:12 AM

Ya sure you were looking at the right one and a brand new one? Everwhere I looked has it priced from $1700-1400 and they have a $200 rebate special going on as well. Im gonna get XM/Sirius, so that is another $75-125 for the tuner. Plus the antenna receiver and you know that price range can be wide depending on what you want and where exactly you want to put it. Plus any additional cables for the antenna and tuner, depending on where I have everything put. I haven't decided whether or not to put the iPod cable in yet or not. (probably will) Then you have the mounting and facia (which im assuming you want to match), that will run ya $30-50 or so. And im thinking there are a couple other odds and ends I am forgetting about, which will probably include cabling kits of one sort or another. Plus I haven't decided on the MSN direct or not and that will also add another "tuner" to buy.

Labor in this area is avg. about $75 an hour, dont' forget taxes on everthing as well. Overall this will push the $2k mark and I'm sure the price will change depending on what all needs to be done exactly in the end and how long it will take, but not by much. Most places are quoting 3 hrs or so on avg.

Pics will definitely be posted when its all said and done. Which will be 2 or so mths from now. Need to watch those pennies and not over extend myself financially, especially in this day and age. I might bite the bullet and pick up the unit right away to take advantage of the rebate. (it ends Dec 31, 09) Though, Xmas is right around the corner...hmmmmm

Anyways, if anyone has done this aftermarket change. Feel free to post some pics of the work.
Hi Maxsleeper,

Please click here for a link to the pioneer unit you mentioned. Above link is to Amazon Market place, it is going for $1,002.00 + $4.99 in shipping.

Please click here for a link to Crutchfield. This website is selling the same unit for $1399.00 + free shipping + free ipod cable. Please correct me if I am missing something. Are we talking about the same unit (Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT)?
Old 11-15-2009, 03:42 PM

Hi Maxsleeper,

Please click here for a link to the pioneer unit you mentioned. Above link is to Amazon Market place, it is going for $1,002.00 + $4.99 in shipping.

Please click here for a link to Crutchfield. This website is selling the same unit for $1399.00 + free shipping + free ipod cable. Please correct me if I am missing something. Are we talking about the same unit (Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT)?
Yep, that is it. Looks like you just saved me about $300. Most places around here have it up from 1300-1500 before the rebate.

Starts Mantra, "Amazon is great, amazon has low prices"

Though, as I was browsing around a bit more. They have it for sale at Newegg and I have an acct with them. So I have a bit of thinking to do. Thanks again for info.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:05 PM

And are we sure that this fits the '09 Max? Can't find any documentation saying that it does...
Old 11-16-2009, 08:24 AM

Yep, that is it. Looks like you just saved me about $300. Most places around here have it up from 1300-1500 before the rebate.

Starts Mantra, "Amazon is great, amazon has low prices"

Though, as I was browsing around a bit more. They have it for sale at Newegg and I have an acct with them. So I have a bit of thinking to do. Thanks again for info.
Yea sure, no problem. Just make sure it fits the 09 Max. If I were you, I would call the seller before paying like 1000 bucks. In any case, Amazon is a pretty safe place to shop. They have like a 90 day return policy. Let us know how it goes and how much you actually end up paying for labor and all.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:36 PM

sounds like a typical sales guy
Old 11-22-2009, 02:37 PM

Hi Maxsleeper,

The more I look, the more I get convinced that this won't fit the Max. And if it does, I don't think it can successfully integrate in the spot where you would hope the screen/navi would be unless the Pioneer system is capable of reading and outputting commands to the temperature control system.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:54 AM

The more I look, the more I get convinced that this won't fit the Max. And if it does, I don't think it can successfully integrate in the spot where you would hope the screen/navi would be unless the Pioneer system is capable of reading and outputting commands to the temperature control system.
According to Crutchfield, this unit fits the 2009 Max. I am not sure how it would integrate with the dash but I think you should be able to fit it using Nissan adapters thety are proving for free. BTW, price dropped on Crutchfield to like $1200 and it comes with self installing kit!
Old 11-24-2009, 08:54 AM

I'll hold off on this until I see pictures of it in an '09-10 Max with full integration into the climate control system.

Who wants to go GPS shopping on Friday?
Old 11-24-2009, 09:44 AM

Cool

www.mp3car.com is your friend. You could add any system in your car that will blow any OEM system out of the water for a lot cheaper also.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:13 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

DVD/GPS

I am looking at this unit http://www.lightinthebox.com/7-inch-...0-_p57148.html
I have seen one and it has all the controls and half the price and also its easy to instal.
Just plug and play .
Thks
Harri
Old 11-30-2009, 04:55 PM

So guys, heres the latest on Pioneer Avic-Z110BT. This unit works and it is apparently as good as it gets. According to sales guy at Crutchfield, this unit fits like a glove in 2009 Maxima. Crutchfield is offering it for like $1200.00 after $200 mail in rebate (Crutchfield do not charge sales tax for NY customers). They are throwing in a free rear view camera, ipod cable and some other good stuff. I contacted my local car hook shop and they are willing to install all of this for $100 flat.

So far so good but there is a catch. Only way you can get live traffic on this "awesome" , "top of the line" and not to mention almost $1300 unit is MSN direct and guess what they are closing their shop after Jan 2012. As of now, there is no other way to get live traffic on this unit. I read on some forums that Pioneer might actually replace this unit within a year or so. Some users feel that Z110BT will be upgraded to receive live traffic via other means. Pioneer's official stand on this is UNKNOWN.

In any case, I dont think I amma go for this unit. I might not use MSN direct but think about the resale value. Its just gonna tank if pioneer replaces it with something else and this becomes obsolete because of live traffic. Pioneer might just provide a fix for this but I am not gonna gamble $1300 just yet. I am just gonna wait some more before I hear from Pioneer see what they plan on doing about this mess. I just thought I should share this with you guys since some of you showed interest in this unit.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:43 PM

So guys, heres the latest on Pioneer Avic-Z110BT. This unit works and it is apparently as good as it gets. According to sales guy at Crutchfield, this unit fits like a glove in 2009 Maxima. Crutchfield is offering it for like $1200.00 after $200 mail in rebate (Crutchfield do not charge sales tax for NY customers). They are throwing in a free rear view camera, ipod cable and some other good stuff. I contacted my local car hook shop and they are willing to install all of this for $100 flat.

So far so good but there is a catch. Only way you can get live traffic on this "awesome" , "top of the line" and not to mention almost $1300 unit is MSN direct and guess what they are closing their shop after Jan 2012. As of now, there is no other way to get live traffic on this unit. I read on some forums that Pioneer might actually replace this unit within a year or so. Some users feel that Z110BT will be upgraded to receive live traffic via other means. Pioneer's official stand on this is UNKNOWN.

In any case, I dont think I amma go for this unit. I might not use MSN direct but think about the resale value. Its just gonna tank if pioneer replaces it with something else and this becomes obsolete because of live traffic. Pioneer might just provide a fix for this but I am not gonna gamble $1300 just yet. I am just gonna wait some more before I hear from Pioneer see what they plan on doing about this mess. I just thought I should share this with you guys since some of you showed interest in this unit.
So it would fit in the main console replacing the current display screen? Does it fit above the section of the screen for the climate control display? Or does it replace that entire section? If so, does the unit fully integrate the climate controls into its interface?
Old 12-01-2009, 07:02 AM

So it would fit in the main console replacing the current display screen? Does it fit above the section of the screen for the climate control display? Or does it replace that entire section? If so, does the unit fully integrate the climate controls into its interface?
It does not replace the current display screen. It replaces the factory stereo (Bose or whatever you have). The display screen stays there. You can double check with a local dealer if you are still interested.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:48 AM

It does not replace the current display screen. It replaces the factory stereo (Bose or whatever you have). The display screen stays there. You can double check with a local dealer if you are still interested.
That's exactly what I was afraid of. That's 1) too low for a navi and 2) makes that entire top half of the current display unit useless since all audio controls would be on the Pioneer screen.

It would have been nice if it fit in place of the
current screen and had climate control functionality.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:08 AM

That's exactly what I was afraid of. That's 1) too low for a navi and 2) makes that entire top half of the current display unit useless since all audio controls would be on the Pioneer screen.

It would have been nice if it fit in place of the
current screen and had climate control functionality.
I know exactly what you mean. I felt the same exact way. But I dont think any aftermarket unit can do what you mentioned. At least not that I know of. I guess its just the way Nissan decided to build their interior. You cannot replace that display screen with a nav unit. you are just stuck with it regardless.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:51 PM

install the gps rearview mirror. i have one installed on my max and it looks awsome. it looks just like factory and know know it there.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by airwolf09
install the gps rearview mirror. i have one installed on my max and it looks awsome. it looks just like factory and know know it there.
Pics please?
Old 12-07-2009, 06:43 PM

Pics please?
here are some pics. my camera is not that good of quality and night time so it may be blur and not that sharp..

Old 12-07-2009, 06:44 PM

here are a few more

Old 12-07-2009, 06:55 PM

That looks huge is your visibility good?
Old 12-07-2009, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by MaxLoverAz
That looks huge is your visibility good?
that pic look huge but reality the mirror is the same size as the stock mirror.

visibility is the same since it's the same size as the stock mirror. the gps screen is a little bigger than 3.5" inches wide.
it spokes street name, 2D and 3D maps with build/land 3D, lane assist, etc...
overs peed warning by voice

there are 3 video input for it too. so you can have 3 different source of video.
Bluetooth, MP3, FM transmitter, super accurate. I love it
Old 12-08-2009, 10:50 AM

that pic look huge but reality the mirror is the same size as the stock mirror.

visibility is the same since it's the same size as the stock mirror. the gps screen is a little bigger than 3.5" inches wide.
it spokes street name, 2D and 3D maps with build/land 3D, lane assist, etc...
overs peed warning by voice

there are 3 video input for it too. so you can have 3 different source of video.
Bluetooth, MP3, FM transmitter, super accurate. I love it
Where did you get it from? How much did it cost and how long or was the installation complicated to install??

Sorry about all the questions.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:02 AM

I like it..Where did it come from and Cost?? Awesome just Awesome..
Old 12-08-2009, 05:51 PM

The installation is so simple. There are 4 or 5 wires. 1 black, 1 accessory power, 1- 12volts power, and 1 reverse camera engage.

for my installation, I only use 3 wires. black, accessory and 12volts.

I install it myself, it takes about 15 minutes. unscrew the factory mirror slide in the new mirror and tuck the wire in the roof vinyl and side molding then connect the power. last step, is find a vacation spot and drive there and enjoy....

It costs me around 300 buck for everything.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:16 PM

...I love it. I mean, that would be perfect to have. What's the model number? Do you have a link to a site where you purchased it?
Old 12-08-2009, 06:34 PM

here are a few more

Thanks for the pics airwolf09. Do you have a link to this product?
Old 12-09-2009, 09:16 AM

oops forgot to give you guy the link

this is the one that i have

http://www.rearviewgps.com/pro_show.asp?id=393

contact Selina @ selina@globalcarmedia.com and tell them James send you.

Last edited by airwolf09; 12-09-2009 at 09:19 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:15 AM

Found this on autotrader. Thought you guys might find this of interest.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/img_po...&isStock=false