7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Auto Windows Up

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 11:09 AM

Auto Windows Up

Had to disconnect my battery (long, frustrating story), so when I reconnected everything all of my settings were lost. For some reason the front window auto up/down works, but for the back windows only the auto down works. Does anyone know how to re-enable the auto up for the rear windows (or am I just imagining this feature)?
Old 10-13-2009, 11:16 AM

I had the same problem after a dead battery. I had it in the dealer for something else and re-programmed the windows. I believe there is a process in the owners manual on how to fix it - something about holding the switches for 10-15 seconds. I don't have access to my car to look in the manual, but that should help.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:30 AM

Indeed. Roll the window down then hold the button in the up position and continue to hold it once it is all the way up for 10-20 seconds. It should reset after this.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:04 PM

Cool. Thanks for the quick response guys. I was starting to think that all four windows didn't have the same capability. I'll try it when I get home tonight.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:58 PM

So let me get this straight your 2009 Maxima's Windows "ALL FOUR" roll down and UP? REALLY????

With the remote I always knew that my Maxima's "FRONT" windows could only roll DOWN but not up....let alone the back windows going up or dowm. I looked in my manual and read the whole deal and not once did I find any reference to all four windows being able to go up and down or up for that matter just down..........Is this a feature that the PREMIUM maxima comes with??? Because I can tell you it did not come with my SV Sport/Tech MAX.....

I am going to try your method to see if this works.......stay tuned!
Old 10-13-2009, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by choice89
So let me get this straight your 2009 Maxima's Windows "ALL FOUR" roll down and UP? REALLY????

With the remote I always knew that my Maxima's "FRONT" windows could only roll DOWN but not up....let alone the back windows going up or dowm. I looked in my manual and read the whole deal and not once did I find any reference to all four windows being able to go up and down or up for that matter just down..........Is this a feature that the PREMIUM maxima comes with??? Because I can tell you it did not come with my SV Sport/Tech MAX.....

Yep, all four windows only works with us Premium folks.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by choice89

Premium = 4
S & SV = Front 2
Old 10-14-2009, 07:55 AM

Ohhhhhh I got it now! Tried on my max and still a no go.....don't have the premium max. But with my Viper alarm system I can still roll down and UP my two front windows!