7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Where are the 2010 Sport Packages?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 09:06 PM

Where are the 2010 Sport Packages?

For a month plus, the only Maximas that I've seen on my dealer inventory are Premium+Techs with Spoilers(all in every color with spoiler). What do you guys think could be the delay?
Old 09-18-2009, 09:41 PM

I bought a sport+tech 3 weeks ago, still waiting???
Old 09-18-2009, 10:08 PM

When I bought my 09, I drove a Sports package then a Prem package. The Prem package had a smoother ride. The Sports package.. you could feel every rock in the road. I'm glad I bought my Prem/Tech package.

Since you're in DC, Did you try Sheehy Nissan in Waldorf, MD?
Old 09-19-2009, 12:26 AM
You gon' pay what you owe

Hop on Autotrader.com. Many dealers list their cars there. Once you get the MSRP for the exact car you want from the Nissanusa.com site and use it as a search parameter, it should be easy to find the car you want.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by dauntlessmax
For a month plus, the only Maximas that I've seen on my dealer inventory are Premium+Techs with Spoilers(all in every color with spoiler). What do you guys think could be the delay?

The dealers do have some say-so in what arrives from the assembly plant. Dealers know the Premium and Premium + Tech were much better '09 sellers than the Sport, so probably are waiting until they have a supply of the best-sellers on hand before bringing in the slower-selling Sport. Of course there will be other dealers who like the Sport, and will have them on hand from day one.

Premiums with spoilers are a dealer concoction. Spoilers are not part of any Maxima option package but the Sport, so when we see them on any non-Sport Maxima on the dealer's lot, either the car was custom ordered, or the dealer added the spoiler after the car arrived.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:41 AM

Ok guys. Thanks for all of your advice. And

Muslenutz, Yes! Still looking!

TooTawl, Guess what??? More Premium+Tech's with and without Spoilers!!!

boone, I just now tried Autotrader. It honestly seems more accurate than Nissan's website. It just didn't find the exact Max I was looking for. Thanks though!

light, Yeah! I figured that was the case with Premiums selling more than the Sports, especially White premiums. I guess I'll have to be more patient and wait for the Sport models to start showing up. Thanks guys.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:43 AM

sport is a sportier ride, it handles the twisties much better and those 19" rims r nice!
Old 09-29-2009, 09:06 AM

If you talk them down buy the 19" rims I'm just saving up for the rims i already have the spoiler. forget about the sport suspension the premium bends the curve just as well as the sport. Plus you would have a higher resale value then the sport.

Premium- you can upgrade to have the sport options
Sport- You cant have cooled seats or rear audio/ a/C controls. you cant have dual panel roof or power rear sunshade.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by BMWHIGH1
Sport- You cant have cooled seats or rear audio/ a/C controls. you cant have dual panel roof or power rear sunshade.

The main reason I got the sport was because the premium had that glass roof and wood trim, hated it.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:37 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by nemesis04
The main reason I got the sport was because the premium had that glass roof and wood trim, hated it.
Wow, that is the exact opposite of how I felt. i got the prem because I could always add the 19's (or bigger), add a spoiler and change the suspension. But I could not redo all the wood, get the better monitor and get the dual glass roof without parting with a ton of money. Different strokes...
Old 09-29-2009, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by BMWHIGH1
If you talk them down buy the 19" rims I'm just saving up for the rims i already have the spoiler. forget about the sport suspension the premium bends the curve just as well as the sport. Plus you would have a higher resale value then the sport.

They should offer an option on the S and premium SV as follows (rear spoiler and 19 inch rims for $$$). Alot of guys just want the look but want the slightly mushier suspension of the non sport. That would be a good compromise IMO (we know it won't happen), also my dealership here says that when he gets a sport in it sells much quicker than the S or Premium's. I know he sold 2 10 sports last week that were on the lot last week!
Old 09-29-2009, 05:54 PM

Of course I see lots of '09 and '10 Maximas at several local dealers I tend to visit, but I had never seen more than three 7th gen Maximas on the road in one day until today, when I saw 4 in only about 30 minutes of driving. Actually, I saw three while driving, and the 4th (very shiny black Sport with 19" wheels and spoiler) rolled by as I was mowing alongside the road. I stopped the mower, so as to not toss clippings on that shiny beauty. The other three were a dark slate Sport in Union City, a Precision Gray S or SV in Fairburn, and a Winter Frost Premium in Fayetteville.

My days of being somewhat 'unique' with my ride are coming to an end. Pretty soon, the roads will be filled with 7th gen Maximas.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Of course I see lots of '09 and '10 Maximas at several local dealers I tend to visit, but I had never seen more than three 7th gen Maximas on the road in one day until today, when I saw 4 in only about 30 minutes of driving. Actually, I saw three while driving, and the 4th (very shiny black Sport with 19" wheels and spoiler) rolled by as I was mowing alongside the road. I stopped the mower, so as to not toss clippings on that shiny beauty. The other three were a dark slate Sport in Union City, a Precision Gray S or SV in Fairburn, and a Winter Frost Premium in Fayetteville.

My days of being somewhat 'unique' with my ride are coming to an end. Pretty soon, the roads will be filled with 7th gen Maximas.
I think you will be unique for quite some time to come, here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area (4th largest metro area now) I hardly ever see 7th gen's except for my co workers White Sport (we always park next to each other ; as she is very **** about her cars as I am). As a mater of fact it has been a few days since I seen one roaming in the wild here, same way with the 370 here!
Old 09-30-2009, 08:24 AM

They are really pushing the Maxima now on their TV spots- especially during football games. I think when people realize what a great value they are, we will see a lot of them on the roads. In terms of leasing, Nissan has offered very agressive rates but I think shoppers immediately get turned off by the sticker and go into the whole "For that price, I would buy a G37" talk.. There is almost no lease support on the G and back when I signed, a BASE G would've cost significantly more than my Premium Max.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:37 AM

The Sport + Tech Maxima's are harder to find then the S, SV or Premium. I just got my Sport + Tech last week. My dealer didn't have one and could not find one in my general area Dayton and Cincinnati. He had to do a dealer trade with a dealer in Chicago to get one in the color that I wanted, which was any shade of gray.

On my dealers lot he only had 4 Maxima's, 1 SV Premium, 1 SV sport without tech, and 2 S models. Of the 4 he had 3 of them were blue. If you find a SV sport + tech you better grab it because it won't be on the lot for long.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by iscripter
The Sport + Tech Maxima's are harder to find then the S, SV or Premium. I just got my Sport + Tech last week. My dealer didn't have one and could not find one in my general area Dayton and Cincinnati. He had to do a dealer trade with a dealer in Chicago to get one in the color that I wanted, which was any shade of gray.

On my dealers lot he only had 4 Maxima's, 1 SV Premium, 1 SV sport without tech, and 2 S models. Of the 4 he had 3 of them were blue. If you find a SV sport + tech you better grab it because it won't be on the lot for long.
That's basically what happened with us and our '09. We never considered a Sport/Tech because there weren't any around (and we naively figured the more expensive Premium must be "better"). While we were looking for a Premium/Tech in a color we liked one of the dealers we were in contact with got a Sport/Tech in. We test drove his Premium and the Sport back to back, took the Sport home with us and never looked back.

I agree - if you find a Sport/Tech on a lot, you'd better move fast.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:30 PM

I had a different experience. Finding a Sport/Tech was easy. The hard part was getting the color I wanted. In the end, I found one in NC and had my dealer get it for me. If I was not stuck on the Crimson Black color, I could have gone to either of the dealers in town.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:56 PM

I held out for a few weeks to find my White Sport + Tech Max.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by boone
I had a different experience. Finding a Sport/Tech was easy. The hard part was getting the color I wanted. In the end, I found one in NC and had my dealer get it for me. If I was not stuck on the Crimson Black color, I could have gone to either of the dealers in town.
Hey can you post pics of your Crimson Black SV Sport Maxima. I have yet to see one that color other than the pics on the Nissan website. I can't tell if it looks more burgundy or black from the nissan website.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:05 PM

Hey can you post pics of your Crimson Black SV Sport Maxima. I have yet to see one that color other than the pics on the Nissan website. I can't tell if it looks more burgundy or black from the nissan website.
I don't have any pictures but I've seen it in person a few times. More often than not I thought it looked crimson.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:10 PM

Saw one the other day and the word that came to mind was "brown". Admittedly, it was cloudy, but it does not seem to be a good color for a car.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:42 PM

Here you go. It looks almost black in these pictures. This color will change on you in a heartbeat depending on viewing angle, position of the sun, and the Dow Jones Industrial Average.

Last edited by boone; 10-21-2009 at 07:31 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:47 PM

In Chicagoland the 7th Gens are still very rare to see around town. I will easily see a good 20-30 Infinity's (sedans and coupes) before I see one 7th gen. I also see more 4th gens than any other model Max.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:32 PM

7th gens are also rare here too. The most common thing you'll see are 6th gens.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:05 PM

Thanks for your help Boone. I should be looking to purchase a Super Black Sport+Tech around the first week of November.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by dauntlessmax
Thanks for your help Boone. I should be looking to purchase a Super Black Sport+Tech around the first week of November.
No problem. Super Black would have been my second choice. I just wanted a different color since my 6th gen was Super Black. I am partial to dark colored cars though. You just have to love the way they shine when cared for.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:17 PM

Special Ordered mine Sept 24th - Cant wait!!!!
Old 10-22-2009, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Muslenutz
Yeah! When are you expecting it?
Old 10-22-2009, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Muslenutz
wow uve been waiting about a month....i could never be that patient
Old 10-22-2009, 05:10 PM

I'm just curious to know how many of the 09/10 sales are to National.......On 2 recent business trips National had lots of Maxima's in Phoenix and Ft.Lauderdale of which I grabbed 1 in each city. I was had pressed to see much of a difference in the handling/ride vs the sport package now after spending some good time in the S.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by MONTE 01&97 SE
I was had pressed to see much of a difference in the handling/ride vs the sport package now after spending some good time in the S.

Makes sense when we consider how surprised the magazine testers were over a year ago when they found the SV with Premium package actually had slalom times comparable with the SV with Sport package.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:37 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hello everyone....newbie here..... I have had my 2010 Winter Frost Sport for over a month now and I love it.... Purchased it after it sat on the lot for less then 24 hours... Dealer did a search while we were there and at the beginning of Sept it was the only one of the east coast..... I am sure that's not the case now.... but it was not easy to fine just a 2010 sport max..... Sales manager said they actually produce the least amount of that model as most want all the tech stuff more then the sport stuff.... ME.... I'll take the look and feel over the gadgets anyday The new paint on the 2010 wheels are much better makes the car stand out.....
Old 10-24-2009, 09:55 PM

mikep923 - Congrats on getting exactly what you wanted! Patience is truly a virtue. Enjoy!
Old 10-25-2009, 10:46 AM

For Real it is!^^
Old 10-26-2009, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by boone
Here you go. It looks almost black in these pictures. This color will change on you in a heartbeat depending on viewing angle, position of the sun, and the Dow Jones Industrial Average.

Wow that crismon black color is sweet!!!
It almost looks black and like you said it changes color with the sun light.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:56 PM

Wow that crismon black color is sweet!!!
It almost looks black and like you said it changes color with the sun light.
I really appreciate what Nissan has done with the 19's for 2010!
Old 10-27-2009, 04:34 PM

Love that Crimson black....

Where is there is thread on getting the sport over the top of the line premium model? I'm still trying to figure the two out.

Last edited by 1SICKLEX; 10-27-2009 at 04:41 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Love that Crimson black....

Where is there is thread on getting the sport over the top of the line premium model? I'm still trying to figure the two out.

The Sport package and the Premium package take this car in two different directions (sport or luxury), and are mutually exclusive. You can have either package, but there is no way to have both.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:39 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Having the sport and Premium packages seperate made the decision for me.... Sport all the way.... plus my other half likes the look of the wheels and the spoiler.... so it made the decision even easier
Old 05-28-2010, 04:41 PM

Picking one up in slate, w/ monitor tomorrow! will post pics in this thread...
Post more pics people!

Quick Reply: Where are the 2010 Sport Packages?