7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Lets Put the Pressure on Some Companies

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 07:01 PM

Lets Put the Pressure on Some Companies

Ok guys it seems that many companies have come to a pause on producing after-market products for our car. Things that are missing are coilovers, body kits, hoods/trunks CF, Y-Pipe's, more Exhausts, ECT.

-Personally I have emailed Stillen asking weather or not they were coming out with a Y-Pipe and they said they have no plans to. Then I asked if they were coming out with headers and they said they had no plans to as well.

-I've also emailed Tein and they said that they also have no plans to develop anything for our cars either. really wanted there coilovers for my car.

I'm still waiting on Megan Racing as well as Eibach to reply back to me on weather they have plans to release Coilovers for our car.

For body kits I would email AITRacing at http://www.aitracing.com/shop/index....age=contact_us I mean come on they have a body kit out for the Hyundai Elantra 07+

I THINK THAT ITS TIME THAT EVERYONE JUST MASS EMAILS THEM ASKING THEM TO MAKE A PRODUCT FOR OUR CAR THAT WAY THE MORE PEOPLE THAT THEY SEE THAT WANT THE PRODUCT THE MORE APP THEY WILL BE TO DEVELOP AND PRODUCT IT.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:11 PM

Don't forget Nismo!!! It's high time they made something for the Max other than rims and license plate covers!
Old 09-02-2009, 08:41 PM

BORLA EXHAUST!!! i called them they said they need 50 maxima's to be "considering" the product.... a poll for borla maybe!!!! ??????

i cant deal with the stillen exhaust it sounds like a rice burner from the youtube video...i want more of a muscle car tone...

hmm i guess i should of gotten a V6 altima from seeing that body kit they made for it =X
Old 09-02-2009, 09:53 PM

I would say that most of this reluctance can be blamed on the economy, your asking companies to spend precious dollars on R&D, fabrication, and then production runs for a very limited customer audience. Some items aren't that much of a liability i.e. CAI which is why we now have what 3 maybe 4 if R2C comes on-board to choose from.

Exhaust well that is risky because most people purchase first by looks(sound), price, and finally performance, all very subjective since our car is more about looks than performance. Look at Cattman who practically caters to the Nissan crowd 100% and I was able to get overwhelming response for a full cat back exhaust, donor cars, etc and still no interest... You could spend thousands bringing a product to market and you end up selling 3 in the first month! Ouch makes you want to shoot yourself I'm sure.

Vendors don't see the risk over the reward yet for this car.... It's very unfortunate.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:25 PM

Yeah; what MaxLoverAz said. Thanks in a large way to this recession, there are not all that many 7th gen Maximas on the road. By around 2012 or so, when there are lots of 7th gens on the road, aftermarket things will become more numerous. But by then, we will all be excited about what the 8th generation Maxima will look like.

Almost a 'catch-22.'
Old 09-03-2009, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by IFuXwiTuZ
BORLA EXHAUST!!! i called them they said they need 50 maxima's to be "considering" the product.... a poll for borla maybe!!!! ??????

i cant deal with the stillen exhaust it sounds like a rice burner from the youtube video...i want more of a muscle car tone...

hmm i guess i should of gotten a V6 altima from seeing that body kit they made for it =X
Start a poll then... I don't think that there are 50 people on this site with a 7th gen but its worth a shot... Anything to get the after-market for our cars boombing.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by MaxLoverAz
I would say that most of this reluctance can be blamed on the economy, your asking companies to spend precious dollars on R&D, fabrication, and then production runs for a very limited customer audience. Some items aren't that much of a liability i.e. CAI which is why we now have what 3 maybe 4 if R2C comes on-board to choose from.

Exhaust well that is risky because most people purchase first by looks(sound), price, and finally performance, all very subjective since our car is more about looks than performance. Look at Cattman who practically caters to the Nissan crowd 100% and I was able to get overwhelming response for a full cat back exhaust, donor cars, etc and still no interest... You could spend thousands bringing a product to market and you end up selling 3 in the first month! Ouch makes you want to shoot yourself I'm sure.

Vendors don't see the risk over the reward yet for this car.... It's very unfortunate.
Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Yeah; what MaxLoverAz said. Thanks in a large way to this recession, there are not all that many 7th gen Maximas on the road. By around 2012 or so, when there are lots of 7th gens on the road, aftermarket things will become more numerous. But by then, we will all be excited about what the 8th generation Maxima will look like.

Almost a 'catch-22.'
I agree with both of you on this but if there is an interested in certain products and companies are willing to go through with the R&D then it is worth it.. Thats what i'm trying to get at. There may be some companies out there that are just waiting for more people to be interested in the product before they go through with it and only need low numbers.. You just never know.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by dauntlessmax
Don't forget Nismo!!! It's high time they made something for the Max other than rims and license plate covers!
dont expect nismo to make anything for the 7th gen for a longgg time, they dont even make any parts for the 6th gen

yea i agree 100 perecent ...............................So wait, cattman isnt gonna make anything for our car? I thought cattman was?? Especially an exhaust?
Old 09-04-2009, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by KillaKam
I agree with both of you on this but if there is an interested in certain products and companies are willing to go through with the R&D then it is worth it.. Thats what i'm trying to get at. There may be some companies out there that are just waiting for more people to be interested in the product before they go through with it and only need low numbers.. You just never know.
I have been hounding HKS, Greddy, Tein, basically anybody I used on my 300 even Jim Wolf. Everyone keeps saying no.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by 1sik4dsc
dont expect nismo to make anything for the 7th gen for a longgg time, they dont even make any parts for the 6th gen

yea i agree 100 perecent ...............................So wait, cattman isnt gonna make anything for our car? I thought cattman was?? Especially an exhaust?
I emailed Cattman this morning I'll let you everyone know the response.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:23 AM

When no one offers the part, you'll have to get it made yourself. Exhaust is easy to make once u get under the car and take measurements, order parts as needed and find someone to weld it up. Headers r done the same way but keep in mind a custom set of SS long tube headers with special merge collectors runs $2500+. They can be made cheaper but you'd have to discuss with the fabricator. Also you will probably have to front the cost of said fab work up from as well. The best way to put pressure on a company is with a deposit.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Mreim769
I have been hounding HKS, Greddy, Tein, basically anybody I used on my 300 even Jim Wolf. Everyone keeps saying no.
Show them you have people lined up with deposits and I bet production will start.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Nismo87SE
Show them you have people lined up with deposits and I bet production will start.
i thought greddy was coming out with an exhaust as well for our cars, what happened with that?
Old 09-04-2009, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Nismo87SE
When no one offers the part, you'll have to get it made yourself. Exhaust is easy to make once u get under the car and take measurements, order parts as needed and find someone to weld it up. Headers r done the same way but keep in mind a custom set of SS long tube headers with special merge collectors runs $2500+. They can be made cheaper but you'd have to discuss with the fabricator. Also you will probably have to front the cost of said fab work up from as well. The best way to put pressure on a company is with a deposit.
I'm sorry but I don't want any home made garage engineered parts on my car. If I was building a Frankenstein Senta VQ conversion ok but a new modern car I expect to be as reliable as stock or better I'll leave the engineering to actual engineers.

Although some of these companies I wonder if I couldn't do as good or better job myself.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:33 AM

I'm sorry but I don't want any home made garage engineered parts on my car. If I was building a Frankenstein Senta VQ conversion ok but a new modern car I expect to be as reliable as stock or better I'll leave the engineering to actual engineers.

Although some of these companies I wonder if I couldn't do as good or better job myself.
if no other companies can come out with another exhaust besides stillen, i was thinking about getting a custom job done. I know a good shop by me that does all that. Probably alot less than stillens 700+ cat back, and i can choose my own mufflers, probably magnaflows or something
Old 09-04-2009, 11:13 AM

if no other companies can come out with another exhaust besides stillen, i was thinking about getting a custom job done. I know a good shop by me that does all that. Probably alot less than stillens 700+ cat back, and i can choose my own mufflers, probably magnaflows or something
I suppose if performance wasn't your main concern that would be the best way to go.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:23 PM

Somethings aren't that hard to design, for example a catback exhaust is way easy. The trick is what material to use, normally aftermarket stuff is made with 304 or 409SS. Now after measuring the stock system you can order the mandrel bends and straights along with the muffler and resonator of your choice. The rest is left to the fabricator to weld together. Now headers are a totally different animal, normally one would consult an engineer to find what they what the header to do. Places like Burns would be able to make a great custom header, but it will cost you and you'll need to provide a lot of info on your setup to optimize it.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:09 PM

You will not really see alot of attention with our cars quite yet... as our car is only about 1 yr old!! hopefully by middle of 2010 we will see a few more major equipments for us..... recession is a **** right now.... companies are not spending to make new products if the return its going to be great!!! people are hanging on to their cars a little longer so they are just focusing on older model cars !! for now just relax and enjoy your 7th gen!!!!
Old 09-07-2009, 02:18 PM

I suppose if performance wasn't your main concern that would be the best way to go.
i doubt stillens catback will make more hp/tq gains than a custom 3in exhaust
Old 09-07-2009, 04:37 PM

Maybe but typically they do use the dyno they have out back on every component they make for the engine however the CVT really fouls the results and they have admitted that every run no matter how careful comes back with different results.

Just expanding the ID does not guarantee positive results.

I want more low end torque not a massive amount but a little more would be nice, not doing the R&D development for a new exhaust would be just guess work and you could spend a lot of time/money and actually make it worse although very few if any will admit it.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:15 PM

i would leave stock tips just remove the cat and or resig ....mmmm would sound serious
Old 09-08-2009, 07:42 AM

Maybe but typically they do use the dyno they have out back on every component they make for the engine however the CVT really fouls the results and they have admitted that every run no matter how careful comes back with different results.

Just expanding the ID does not guarantee positive results.

I want more low end torque not a massive amount but a little more would be nice, not doing the R&D development for a new exhaust would be just guess work and you could spend a lot of time/money and actually make it worse although very few if any will admit it.
Agreed. Slapping a 3in pipe on a NA engine might hurt it in the long run. Sometimes, not all time mind you, NA engines actually benefit from having a smaller diameter. Also, it is all in the bends. If Bubba at Bubba's Exhaust and Fish Bait Emporium bends the pipes with his eyes and hands chances are that bend isn't as good as it could be resulting in a not so free flowing exhaust. We are talking pretty petty numbers here but even still if performance is your main goal with an aftermarket exhaust then a manufactured brand name computer bent exhaust is the way to go unless you have the time and money to invest in a custom exhaust. In which case it will be way more then a Greddy exhaust for example.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:00 PM

Agreed. Slapping a 3in pipe on a NA engine might hurt it in the long run. Sometimes, not all time mind you, NA engines actually benefit from having a smaller diameter. Also, it is all in the bends. If Bubba at Bubba's Exhaust and Fish Bait Emporium bends the pipes with his eyes and hands chances are that bend isn't as good as it could be resulting in a not so free flowing exhaust. We are talking pretty petty numbers here but even still if performance is your main goal with an aftermarket exhaust then a manufactured brand name computer bent exhaust is the way to go unless you have the time and money to invest in a custom exhaust. In which case it will be way more then a Greddy exhaust for example.
whats the diameter of stillens piping?
Old 09-09-2009, 02:23 PM

Thumbs up

I want to see that Racingline Y Pipe become available again... Only welded correctly this time. Haha!
Old 09-09-2009, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Alpha
I want to see that Racingline Y Pipe become available again... Only welded correctly this time. Haha!
i checked their website recently and its still currently still unavailable.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:12 AM

i checked their website recently and its still currently still unavailable.
I know... I emailed them twice about it in the last month and still no response.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:07 AM

I know... I emailed them twice about it in the last month and still no response.
i wonder if something else could be wrong with y pipe it shouldnt take that long to correct the flange problem.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:33 AM

i wonder if something else could be wrong with y pipe it shouldnt take that long to correct the flange problem.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:43 AM

My thoughts exactly.
Sounds shifty to me
Old 09-11-2009, 12:00 PM

Sounds shifty to me
when i got my racingline y pipe it looked like a well made product, until i found out the flange was welded on wrong, and here i was thinking maybe theyll fix the product and ill buy it again, i guess not cause it has me wondering why havent they released the y pipe again
Old 09-11-2009, 12:43 PM
TAZ
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The pipe is in the works still. The reason for the delay is that we are not simply re-welding a new flange on to them but having an entire new batch made up. The old maxima bath went out to the altima guys and sold out quick.

Right now new pipes for both application are out at the benders getting made up from scratch. have patience they are coming.

For now here is a quick vid that was made showing what the New Ypie sounds like on an otherwise stock 2009 maxima

Last edited by TAZ; 09-11-2009 at 12:46 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:28 PM

^^ok well that explains it, nice sound clip
Old 09-11-2009, 01:36 PM

when would it be available btw?
Old 09-11-2009, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Racingline
The pipe is in the works still. The reason for the delay is that we are not simply re-welding a new flange on to them but having an entire new batch made up. The old maxima bath went out to the altima guys and sold out quick.

Right now new pipes for both application are out at the benders getting made up from scratch. have patience they are coming.

For now here is a quick vid that was made showing what the New Ypie sounds like on an otherwise stock 2009 maxima

Is that the stock catback with the Y pipe?
Old 09-11-2009, 06:22 PM
TAZ
Supporting Maxima.org Member

yes, The car is 100% stock (aside from the y pipe), not even an intake.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Racingline
yes, The car is 100% stock (aside from the y pipe), not even an intake.
Cool thanks. Where do you feel any additional power (RPM) in the powerband? Is it all high RPM or do you feel anything down low?
Old 09-11-2009, 07:17 PM

mmm sounds yummy....cant wait =)
Old 09-12-2009, 02:24 PM

car sounds great
Old 09-13-2009, 09:28 AM

Sounds awsome... I just might have to set aside some money to pick this one up, lol.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:04 AM

Thumbs up

Is that the stock catback with the Y pipe?
EXCELLENT! (Mr. Burns voice)

Sign me up!

Quick Reply: Lets Put the Pressure on Some Companies