7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Stillen Bodykit

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 08:04 PM

Stillen Bodykit

has anyone here installed the stillen bodykit?
if so can I have some feedback? I am considering getting this kit but know a great deal bout them.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Turbo'd Saab

Stillen makes some the best products for our cars, Top notch company.

IIRC it adheres using double sided tape and is made of a polyurthane mold plastic, which some say is the more "flexible" product versus a hard plastic.

When you paint it, have it painted with flex undercoating, it helps the paint adhere and flex and not crack under pressure.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by DrunkieTheBear

IIRC it adheres using double sided tape and is made of a polyurthane mold plastic, which some say is the more "flexible" product versus a hard plastic.

When you paint it, have it painted with flex undercoating, it helps the paint adhere and flex and not crack under pressure.
And make sure the body shop that paints the pieces does NOT 'bake' them... if they do you will have some seriously deformed and unusable parts.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by G9Max
has anyone here installed the stillen bodykit?
if so can I have some feedback? I am considering getting this kit but know a great deal bout them.
i have the stillen front lip and im not soooo happy about how that 3m is sticking, eventually im gonna have to take it off and retape the whole thing up with new tape
Old 08-26-2009, 05:50 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Thumbs up stillen lip

did you try putting some small stainless screws on the inner fender well to secure the lip to the front end. Thats what I did to keep it more secure.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by jerome johnson
did you try putting some small stainless screws on the inner fender well to secure the lip to the front end. Thats what I did to keep it more secure.
yea but i could tell the taping looks weak, and it seems like its not sticking too good
Old 08-26-2009, 06:47 AM

Stillen bodykit is the best kits that u can get for the max.. they are made from ployurathane material... so it makes it more flexible and duruable ......believe when it come to kits .. always try to go with stillen.....
Old 08-26-2009, 06:59 AM

i wouldnt go that far, i'd say they are ok at best. fitment is spot on. i have the stillen kit on my car, and its not suppose to crack, but it did, and they wont replace it, they say its not the product, and they cant control how cold it gets. but they told me when i was paying almost $600 that it wouldnt crack, i didnt know i was suppose to take it off in the winter time. their exhaust system is over priced, you can find better on ebay. i spent a lotta money with stillen, wont do it again, but thats IMO
Old 08-26-2009, 07:10 AM

i agree some of stillens stuff is way overpriced
Old 08-26-2009, 09:45 AM
Turbo'd Saab

Originally Posted by JAMAICANLOVRBOY
i wouldnt go that far, i'd say they are ok at best. fitment is spot on. i have the stillen kit on my car, and its not suppose to crack, but it did, and they wont replace it, they say its not the product, and they cant control how cold it gets. but they told me when i was paying almost $600 that it wouldnt crack, i didnt know i was suppose to take it off in the winter time. their exhaust system is over priced, you can find better on ebay. i spent a lotta money with stillen, wont do it again, but thats IMO
Which is why I said that "some Say"...they all shatter when a tire from a truck hits it

And once you start buying ebay stuff, you take another risk with it being made as cheap as humanly possible, which says alot about the quality. Ebay these days is no longer the cheapest

Last edited by DrunkieTheBear; 08-26-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:49 AM
Turbo'd Saab

Originally Posted by 1sik4dsc
i agree some of stillens stuff is way overpriced
Sometimes you gotta pay to play.

Some say the cosworth 3.5 heads are overpriced at $4,500 but grey99max doesn't think so

Some say that the AEBs 4.3 Stroker kit is overpriced, yet I plan on buying it for my project.

Stillen has a major advantage and can list there prices need be, they tend to be the first on the market with stuff for new cars, because they can afford the Research and Development, its other companies that come in and copycat their stuff to make it even cheaper. Just food for thought.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:31 AM

for most to all body kits the 3m tape is great to use but self tapping screws or some type of bolts are needed. the tape can only hold up to so much pressure/stress. Use screws to help secure them in and at least double the life and placement of the kit
Old 08-26-2009, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by MDeezy
for most to all body kits the 3m tape is great to use but self tapping screws or some type of bolts are needed. the tape can only hold up to so much pressure/stress. Use screws to help secure them in and at least double the life and placement of the kit

HTML Code:
Use screws to help secure them in and at least double the life and placement of the kit[/QUOTE
I used Permatex Clear RTV Silicone Adhesive Sealant, this stuff is much stronger than the 3M double-sided tape and it is transparent.

It is long lasting, just use a plastic putty knife to apply it and once whatever you put it on, then it's on.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by bk2k3max
HTML Code:
Use screws to help secure them in and at least double the life and placement of the kit[/QUOTE
I used Permatex Clear RTV Silicone Adhesive Sealant, this stuff is much stronger than the 3M double-sided tape and it is transparent.

It is long lasting, just use a plastic putty knife to apply it and once whatever you put it on, then it's on.

You put the permatex on instead of the 3m tape?
Old 08-26-2009, 10:57 PM

does anyone have pics of their stillen bodykit?
Old 08-27-2009, 08:13 AM

does anyone have pics of their stillen bodykit?
i have the front lip, for pics just go to my photo album
Old 08-27-2009, 10:36 AM

You put the permatex on instead of the 3m tape?
I should've made myself clear, I still use the 3M tape but the Permatex is applied to the 3M Tape and then I just ensure that I compress the kit/parts being applied for a super strong hold.

Thanks, hope this clears up my post.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:25 AM

i have the stillen front lip and im not soooo happy about how that 3m is sticking, eventually im gonna have to take it off and retape the whole thing up with new tape

ha you and me both man....wanna redo them @ the meet on saterday? lolololol not only did the fvkin body guy do a pretty bad job in matching my front lip....but whatever its good enough as is....and to be honest i wanted to paint mine black .....dont ask me why but i really wanted to because it looked phat when i just put it on without painting it......

and did your front lip come with some small screws? because mine did i just didnt put them on yet....the tape it holding up pretty well considering the fact that its been raining almost everyother day for the past 3 months.....

see you @ the meet i cant wait to see your car...you gonna go to bx meet on friday right? @ bay plaza
Old 08-27-2009, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by bk2k3max
HTML Code:

let me ask u a question about that silicone....its not easy to take it off right? and where do you get it????
Old 08-27-2009, 06:52 PM

has anyone tried construction adhesive?
Old 08-27-2009, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by IFuXwiTuZ
let me ask u a question about that silicone....its not easy to take it off right? and where do you get it????
I think I bought it at Auto Zone or one of those auto parts stores. If you mean if it comes off easy as in if someone pulled on it to try to remove it then the answer is no.

This stuff is extremely strong, so once it's on and you compress it and then it dries then it is on.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by IFuXwiTuZ
ha you and me both man....wanna redo them @ the meet on saterday? lolololol not only did the fvkin body guy do a pretty bad job in matching my front lip....but whatever its good enough as is....and to be honest i wanted to paint mine black .....dont ask me why but i really wanted to because it looked phat when i just put it on without painting it......

and did your front lip come with some small screws? because mine did i just didnt put them on yet....the tape it holding up pretty well considering the fact that its been raining almost everyother day for the past 3 months.....

see you @ the meet i cant wait to see your car...you gonna go to bx meet on friday right? @ bay plaza
yooooo hahaha same here i kinda wanted to keep it black after putting it on the car when i first got it, and yea mine doesnt even match perfect either, i was kinda upset alittle .....I got the screws but man i dont wanna screw holes in the bumper of my brand new car lol
.... im not to sure about the meet the weather looks terrible out right now
Old 09-20-2009, 10:17 AM

for the front lip, apply adhesion promoter such as 3M part # 06396 to were tape will be used, it will hold very strong. also look under the bumper(middle) and you will see three screws on the left and right. remove it and screw the lip with it and you good to go with no problem whatsoever.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:21 AM

by the way, my car color is super black so i didnt need to paint my front lip cuz it came black. haha
Old 09-20-2009, 08:03 PM

Anyone got pix of the rear trunk spoiler from stillen? Was debating wheather I should get a spoiler without the brake light or fo oem with the light.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Hayanxpocho69
Anyone got pix of the rear trunk spoiler from stillen? Was debating wheather I should get a spoiler without the brake light or fo oem with the light.

This is a pic of one of the 2 days that the spoilers were on before they fell off. Search for "Stillen spoiler shananigans" and you will find my whole story. In the end I am very glad that I went with the stock spoiler. If you do get the STILLEN stuff, make sure the paint shop doesn't bake the parts after painting them.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:12 PM

Do u have better pics of the spoiler? Like back view or on top? Thanks
Old 09-21-2009, 02:47 PM

Do u have better pics of the spoiler? Like back view or on top? Thanks
http://forums.maxima.org/album.php?albumid=1059 you can browse my other albums too to compare it with OEM. Personally, I like the OEM one better. It is a little bigger and more aggressive looking.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:43 PM

yeah i know but its the type of look im going for and it looks closer than the oem one.

not really the exact rims etc but u get the picture, deep dish rim ect ect. it called the VIP look
http://lexusenthusiast.com/images/we...xus-gs-400.jpg
Old 09-21-2009, 06:28 PM

yeah i know but its the type of look im going for and it looks closer than the oem one.

not really the exact rims etc but u get the picture, deep dish rim ect ect. it called the VIP look
http://lexusenthusiast.com/images/we...xus-gs-400.jpg
I hear ya, at first I was going for the two STILLEN spoilers. I got bitter from all the crap I went thru and the body shop paid to just do the OEM spoiler. In the end I like the look better, but to each his own. Your car will look good with the STILLEN stuff.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:30 PM

what problems are you having with the tape?
Old 09-22-2009, 07:53 AM

[QUOTE=DrunkieTheBear; Your Sig. Quote is disturbing. It sounds like a quote from a rapist. I sugjest you remove it.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:33 PM
Turbo'd Saab

Originally Posted by 67whitegoat
DrunkieTheBear; Your Sig. Quote is disturbing. It sounds like a quote from a rapist. I sugjest you remove it.
Says the person that has had there sig fixed by mods...nice job
Old 09-24-2009, 07:49 AM

Says the person that has had there sig fixed by mods...nice job
The sig pic of my Maxima was to big, Jackass, it wasn't offensive. Don't try to bring me down to make yourself look better. We are here to talk about cars, primarily Maximas. Anything else, go somewhere else.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:54 AM
Turbo'd Saab

Originally Posted by 67whitegoat
The sig pic of my Maxima was to big, Jackass, it wasn't offensive. Don't try to bring me down to make yourself look better. We are here to talk about cars, primarily Maximas. Anything else, go somewhere else.
Your the one who took it off topic and called me out first...wow

I've been in this thread and gave my opinion on stillen products as well as some incite on how I feel about the prices of it all.