7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

2010 Maxima On Sale Now

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 05:34 PM

2010 Maxima On Sale Now

Ok so I was on the Nissan News website and the '10 Maxima is on sale at Nissan retailers nationwide. I'm a bit dissapointed with the pictures because they they look "recycled" from last years pics, especially since the wheel colors look the same.

The MSRP info is as follows:

l= S ll= SV

Monitor Package $ 700 l
Cold Package $ 400 l
Premium Package $ 3 ,230 l
Sport Package $ 2 ,030 l
Rear Spoiler $ 370 l
High Intensity Discharge (HID) Xenon Headlights $ 400 l
Tech Package (3.5 SV) $ 1 ,850 l
Tech Package (3.5 SV w/ Premium) $ 1 ,850 l
Tech Package (3.5 SV w/ Sport) $ 1 ,850 l
19" Summer Tires N/C l
Climate-controlled Driver's Seat N/C l
PORT INSTALLED ACCESSORIES S SV
Splash Guards $ 170 l l
Floor Mats + Trunk Mats (5-piece set) $ 180 l l
Trunk Sub-Floor Organizer w/ First Aid Kit and Emergency Kit $ 140 l l

I also would like to know from the current '09 owners whether the Navigation graphics have changed. I cant really tell because I don't have one.

Thanks

http://www.nissannews.com/newsrelease.do?id=803&mid=1

Last edited by dauntlessmax; 08-12-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:51 PM

I wondering If i can get the monitor package installed on my car now for somewhere around 1K
Old 08-12-2009, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by KillaKam
I wondering If i can get the monitor package installed on my car now for somewhere around 1K
I would strongly consider the same procedure being that its surprisingly cheap!
Old 08-12-2009, 07:37 PM

love the montitor package
Old 08-12-2009, 08:10 PM
You gon' pay what you owe

Yeah, those are the pics from 2009. The wheels are definitely wrong.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by boone
Yeah, those are the pics from 2009. The wheels are definitely wrong.
Phew! Thanks for the reassurance man!
Old 08-12-2009, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by KillaKam
whats in the monitor package?
Old 08-13-2009, 04:49 AM

i want the dvd playback in my car, thats b.s they added it in the 2010s but not the 09s
Old 08-13-2009, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by 1sik4dsc
i want the dvd playback in my car, thats b.s they added it in the 2010s but not the 09s
Well supposedly chelle2nines got DVDs to play in their car. I've pm'd them 2x tho and they wont respond. I'm dying to know what the heck the dealer did to get that to work.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:14 AM

NissanUSA website still has the '09 on the "build your own" link.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:28 AM
TBA

From the smallish pics in the link, the navi graphics appear to be the same.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by ANNINO
Well supposedly chelle2nines got DVDs to play in their car. I've pm'd them 2x tho and they wont respond. I'm dying to know what the heck the dealer did to get that to work.
Ditto, I think he was lying just to post something. There is no way he would get something like that done and not share with the rest of us. He should be banned until further notice ( Okay that was a little extreme) But it does suck. I do wonder if you could just switch out the CD driver itself????
Old 08-14-2009, 11:47 AM

NissanUSA.com is still featuring the 09's
Old 08-14-2009, 12:38 PM

I want the DVD playback also...bummer!
Old 08-19-2009, 02:56 AM

Anyone see one yet?
Old 08-19-2009, 11:09 AM

None seen around here yet. Very few '09s on the road. We were thinking of waiting to see if there was in fact going to be a diesel option as rumoured for the 2010 Maxima but our expiring G1 Acura Legend required action before then. If Nissan goes ahead and brings the Patrol here in 2010 as promised, I would not be surprised to see a diesel Maxima soon after. That could have some serious grunt if the Patrols are anything to go by.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by jc53
NissanUSA website still has the '09 on the "build your own" link.
Now showing 2010. Crimson black is nice!
Old 09-02-2009, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by CanMaxima
None seen around here yet. Very few '09s on the road. We were thinking of waiting to see if there was in fact going to be a diesel option as rumoured for the 2010 Maxima but our expiring G1 Acura Legend required action before then. If Nissan goes ahead and brings the Patrol here in 2010 as promised, I would not be surprised to see a diesel Maxima soon after. That could have some serious grunt if the Patrols are anything to go by.
Honestly, I must say I don't see many 09 Maximas in the DC area as well (one of the few I saw had Diplomatic plates). There's a fair amount of the previous generation, though.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by CanMaxima
None seen around here yet. Very few '09s on the road. We were thinking of waiting to see if there was in fact going to be a diesel option as rumoured for the 2010.

The diesel option was not a rumor. In February of 2008, Ghosn announced that Nissan planned to have a diesel Maxima option with the 2010 model year. But the total collapse of the auto market eight months later resulted in most auto companies cancelling or deferring many of their plans. We knew last October the Maxima diesel would probably be a victim of the recession, and Nissan made that official last December.

Nissan was very careful to word the announcement in a way that did not close the door on a diesel Maxima later on. The earliest window I could see a diesel Maxima would be as part of the 7 1/2 generation 2011 model year arriving sometime next summer. The 2011 will have the first significant changes since the release of the 7th gen.

But I would think a diesel Maxima option would probably be more likely as part of the introduction of the 8th generation Maxima, arriving in late spring of 2013 as model year 2014.

I am sorry you don't get to see many '09 Maximas in Canada. I see them ever day. Of course there are 23 Nissan dealers within a 90 minute drive of my home, with a large one just four miles away. In a way, we could envy you. Why? Because, should you purchase an '09 Maxima, you will get a lot of attention, as you will have one of the few anywhere close to where you live.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:28 PM

A friend of mine was looking a new homes last weekend and the Real Estate Agent had a 2009.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by MaxLoverAz
A friend of mine was looking a new homes last weekend and the Real Estate Agent had a 2009.

Ah! A realtor who knows there is more to life than location, location, location.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:22 PM

ill tell u one thing u know we are in a recession when you see 50times more altimas then maximas....i remember when the 6th gen came out ..... they were flooded in NY within the 1st 6 months....and i could honestly say i dont see many 7th gens
Old 09-02-2009, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by IFuXwiTuZ
ill tell u one thing u know we are in a recession when you see 50times more altimas then maximas....i remember when the 6th gen came out ..... they were flooded in NY within the 1st 6 months....and i could honestly say i dont see many 7th gens

That is right. Another factor is that the cost of a fully equipped 7th gen, even with negotiating a good price, is decidedly 'steeper' than a good price on the 6th gen was.

Yet one more factor was the 7th gen definitely looks better in person than in photos, and the photos Nissan released at introduction of the 7th gen on March 19, 2008 were used by many folks here on the ORG to pan the '09 Maxima as ugly. Since few folks here actually saw one in person until the cars began arriving at dealers over three months later (even four months later for many dealers), the 'ugly' impression resulted in very slow initial sales. Dealers adding a $3,600 'Market Adjustment' on the first '09s to arrive on their lots did not help, either. And then the recession hit. In many ways, the 7th gen had a rather unfortunate beginning.

I had not been overly impressed with the photos released at the 7th gen intro either. Had I not gone to the assembly plant a few days later (late March of '08) and seen the first-built '09s in person, then gone to the Atlanta Auto Show the following week and spent two hours circling the '09 and examining it from every angle, I would have tended to agree this '09 was not overly attractive. But seeing it in person made all the difference for me. I immediately knew I would be buying this car.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:05 PM

BTW Gents:

With the premium/Tech package, there is a composite AUX input in the console. Therefore, you can just plug an Ipod/PS3/****TY DVD player in and play whatever you want.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:23 PM

I hardly ever see any 7th gen's here in Chicagoland. If and when I do, they all seem to be fully loaded too.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:32 PM

I just saw the nav package in the 2010 Maxima. The Nissan salesperson was looking at the 2010 for the first time and when I told him the 2010 has a VGA display he gave me a demo. His first comment was that the dislpay was much improved over the 2009.

It also has a USB connector in the console instaed of the flash drive in the dash and can play DVDs. Other differences include the ability to stream music vis Bluetooth, a Zagat Restaurant guide interface and an XM weather add on.

I wanted a 2010 but the color selections are very limited with so few in stock so far. I have also seen very few Maxima's on the road 2009 or 2010.

Does anyone know how you update the Nav software? I've been told it is a dealer install. It would be nice if one could upgrade the software via the USB and save the dealer markup.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:02 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

At the dealership I work at, we only have 2 09s left, the rest are all 2010s. We have about 20 or so in stock. Only 2 Sports both with the Tech package, one being ocean gray, and the other the light blue color. I'm eyeballing the first winter frost/charcoal leather interior with sport tech that comes in for myself!
Old 09-13-2009, 09:35 AM

I live in the NY Metro area and have a dealer looking for a Slate Grey/Cafe Latte combination for a 2010. I want the Premium/Tech package. So far there is no inventory for that combination in my area.

Has anyone seen that color scheme out there yet?
Old 09-14-2009, 06:05 AM
TBA

Originally Posted by baker714
I live in the NY Metro area and have a dealer looking for a Slate Grey/Cafe Latte combination for a 2010. I want the Premium/Tech package. So far there is no inventory for that combination in my area.

Has anyone seen that color scheme out there yet?
I was also looking for the dark slate/tan combination in the NY area. It was extremely difficult to find. For all trim levels, there were only three of them in the NY area my dealer could find. One was an S. The other two didn't have the options I wanted and had been on the dealer lots for nine months or so. My dealer said in his experience, they would be demo models with fairly high miles at that point. It seems there just aren't many of the Slate Gray/tan models produced and shipped to the North East.

My options turned out to be: 1) Take a demo model with a sub-optimal package; 2) order at 2010 from the factory for an unknown price with unknown options AND pass on the then-current rebate; or 3) pick a different color. I went with black.

If you really want that combo, you might just have to order it and wait. There aren't any incentives for the 2010's anyway, so nothing lost there.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by TBA
I was also looking for the dark slate/tan combination in the NY area. It was extremely difficult to find. For all trim levels, there were only three of them in the NY area my dealer could find. One was an S. The other two didn't have the options I wanted and had been on the dealer lots for nine months or so. My dealer said in his experience, they would be demo models with fairly high miles at that point. It seems there just aren't many of the Slate Gray/tan models produced and shipped to the North East.

My options turned out to be: 1) Take a demo model with a sub-optimal package; 2) order at 2010 from the factory for an unknown price with unknown options AND pass on the then-current rebate; or 3) pick a different color. I went with black.

If you really want that combo, you might just have to order it and wait. There aren't any incentives for the 2010's anyway, so nothing lost there.
Speaking of color combos, I wonder how easy it is for people around Smyrna, Tenesseee(spelling?) to locate the type of combos they want. Food for thought....
Old 09-14-2009, 06:13 PM

I am still looking for the Slate/Cafe Latte combination in the NY area. I want one fully equipped (Premium/Tech). I've got a dealer looking but am not sure how long I will have to wait.

I realize that Nissan doesn't make it easy for one to find what you need. You can't just type in the color scheme and options and have the website find where one is in your area. You have to pick every dealership within a specified mile radius and type the description in each time.

Nissan USA was totally useless. I asked them to help me locate one and they said they could/would not. They told me to ask the dealer ( the dealer didn't see any availability). Nissan USA would not even tell me if the Slate/Cafe Latte combination was even being sold in the Northeast nor give me a phone number to call someone else that might answer that question. I don't know why an auto manufacturer would be so unhelpful with the economy like it is.

Maybe I should consider another color. Has anyone seen the Crimson Black/Cafe Latte combination? I believe there are some around in that color.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:17 PM

Does anyone know how you update the Nav software? I've been told it is a dealer install. It would be nice if one could upgrade the software via the USB and save the dealer markup.
http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INT...gationMenu=YES
Old 09-14-2009, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by dauntlessmax
Speaking of color combos, I wonder how easy it is for people around Smyrna, Tenesseee(spelling?) to locate the type of combos they want. Food for thought....

I guess it is a little surprising, but, over the years, I have found that most of those folks living near Smyrna who post here usually end up just like us - digging through dealer inventories looking for exactly what they want. I would think those of us somewhat near Atlanta have the best situation. There are at least 23 (TWENTY-THREE!) Nissan dealers within a 90 minute drive of my home.

For instance, several here are looking for a new Maxima with Dark Slate exterior and Cafe Latte interior. I know of three like that not too far from me:

Team Nissan of Marietta - VIN #801354, SV-Premium, Dark Slate, Cafe Latte (no Tech)
Town center Nissan of Kennesaw - VIN #804221, SV-Premium, Dark Slate, Cafe Latte+Tech
Sutherlin Nissan of Buford - VIN #805676, SV-Premium, Dark Slate, Cafe Latte+Tech

In case anyone may wonder why the Dark Slate is difficult to find with Cafe Latte, it is because designers consider Dark Slate and Charcoal as complimentary colors, but consider Dark Slate and Cafe Latte as NOT being complimentary colors. This same logic results in most Radiant Silver Maximas having Charcoal interiors instead of Cafe Latte, while many Tuscan Red and Navy Blue Maximas DO have cafe Latte interiors.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:59 AM
TBA

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
In case anyone may wonder why the Dark Slate is difficult to find with Cafe Latte, it is because designers consider Dark Slate and Charcoal as complimentary colors, but consider Dark Slate and Cafe Latte as NOT being complimentary colors. This same logic results in most Radiant Silver Maximas having Charcoal interiors instead of Cafe Latte, while many Tuscan Red and Navy Blue Maximas DO have cafe Latte interiors.
I can see that. But sometimes design considerations are secondary to issues such as the temperature of black leather in the summer, and visual appearance of crumbs.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by TBA
I can see that. But sometimes design considerations are secondary to issues such as the temperature of black leather in the summer, and visual appearance of crumbs.

TBA - Don't try to be a maverick like me; I can assure you that will lead to a life of frustration.

I was delayed in getting my '00 because I had to have exactly the options I wanted AND a Frost interior.

I was delayed in getting my '04 because I had to have exactly the options I wanted (including VDC) AND a Frost interior.

I was delayed in getting my '09 because I had to have exactly the options I wanted, AND a Frost interior. But the Frost interior was not available with the Premium package, so I held out for a Cafe Latte, which had to be trucked in from a dealer about 'ten dealers distant' from my dealer. Took us two months to fine exactly what I wanted. As my sales person commented, I surely can be stubborn.

Because of heat considerations, I will NEVER own a car with dark interior. I will CHANGE MY EXTERIOR COLOR before 'settling' for a dark interior.

I sympathize with your situation, and agree that folks that are trained as designers and color coordinators are probably not the best folks to be saying what goes with what when it comes to automobiles. After all, my Maxima will not be sitting in an art gallery or appearing on a ballroom floor.

A light interior option should ALWAYS be available, and often in stock, for EVERY exterior color. As long as that is not the case, I will continue to be a maverick.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:45 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I made my dealer order me a blk/blk combo, fully loaded, just because they had 65 test drive miles on it. I'm not with that crap! They gave me hell for it, but in the end, cash is king.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by excluesiveonez
I made my dealer order me a blk/blk combo, fully loaded, just because they had 65 test drive miles on it. I'm not with that crap! They gave me hell for it, but in the end, cash is king.

Like you, I love to have my new car with very low miles. But what your dealer was doing wasn't exactly 'crap'. It only stands to reason that cars that have been on the dealer's lot for a few weeks (or more) will almost always have test miles on them. If you insist on having little or no miles on a car, you must either order one built (like you did) or catch one you like just as it arrives at the dealer.

When ready to buy my Maximas I check www.nissanusa.com every day, looking for EXACTLY the Maxima I want to appear in my dealer's inventory. When a car equipped as I want first appears in nissanusa's inventory for my dealer, I know it has left Smyrna, and will arrive in just days. I immediately call my salesperson, tell her a car I want is coming, and tell her what I will pay for it. There is little negotiating, because we both know what the dealer is paying for the car. She then has a 'hold/sold' put on the car in the dealer's data base before it even arrives, so I am the first one to drive it off the dealer lot.

That system worked for many years, but when I bought my '09, I was so particular in what I wanted that it took both her efforts and my efforts over a period of months brfore we found one that was so far away it had to be trucked in. It had ostensibly been sold months earlier, so had been removed from that dealer's inventory. But the buyer was never able to get the needed loan, and the dealer forgot to add the car back into his inventory for two months.

When he did add the car back to his inventory, we spotted it immediately, and called that dealer and bought it. It had 157 miles (not bad for a car assembled several months earlier). It was built the last week before Nissan raised Maxima prices over $800 across the board, so I saved $800 right off the top. And over eight months later, I have had no problems whatsoever, and absolutely love this car.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:09 PM

I am still looking for the Slate/Cafe Latte combination in the NY area. I want one fully equipped (Premium/Tech). I've got a dealer looking but am not sure how long I will have to wait.
It's funny you mention that particular color combination. It certainly doesn't seem to be too popular. We had two '09s like that in the Chicago area that were Premium/Techs and they both sat there forever. The sales manager for one dealership told us to come in and see it because "it's really not as bad as you'd think." Well, it is. It doesn't look anything like the standard combo of black and tan. Anyway, just be sure to see that color combination in person before deciding to order one so you can decide if it's for you.