7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
View Poll Results: What is your color?
Winter Frost QX3
26.14%
Radiant Silver K12
14.21%
Mystic Jade DAD
6.60%
Navy Blue RAB
9.14%
Tuscan Sun NAD
6.09%
Super Black KH3
18.02%
Precision Gray W40
5.84%
Dark Slate K50
13.96%
Voters: 394. You may not vote on this poll

What is the color of your 2009+ Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 09:04 AM

What is the color of your 2009+ Maxima

Just to get an idea of the demographics here on all of us with the new 2009+ Maxima.

Please vote in the poll.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:28 AM

Look like Winter Frost is winning the color race.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:05 PM

Nice to see the dark colors making a comeback!
Old 07-17-2009, 01:15 PM

cmon we all know winter frost attracts the most girls lolll
Old 07-17-2009, 03:31 PM

I'm a gal and my car is black. My sister even has a black 2008 Infiniti G35X. Love black. I got brave and went for it. The best looking cars on the road are the black ones. This car had to be black or I wasn't buying it.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Maxgal
I'm a gal and my car is black. My sister even has a black 2008 Infiniti G35X. Love black. I got brave and went for it. The best looking cars on the road are the black ones. This car had to be black or I wasn't buying it.

Just like my daughter. Gotta have a black car. Black is definitely eye-catching, but you can't let it go unwashed. A dirty black car is more of a turnoff than dirty cars of other colors. And black cars tend to show dirt quicker than other colors.

I have also noticed that the dramatic effect of the black double panel roof is lost on dark cars, but stands out sharply on the white Maximas.

I still think a few summers down here in the muggy, never-ending blistering heat of south Georgia would lessen most folk's enthusiasm for dark colored cars.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:46 PM

Sorry Black doesn't work for me. Perpetually dirty, always shows every darn scratch and is hot as hell.... But does look nice when new and clean. Great for the showroom floor not so great in real life. Just my personal observations... Cheers
Old 07-19-2009, 01:09 PM

Nothing like that Radiant Silver to bring the bling into the streets, plus this is a car that hardly ever looks dirty, the only drawback about this color is that somehow ppl tend to not be able to see you when you're on the road.

I always use my headlights even in the daytime.

The curves, countours and edges show up better on the Radiant Silver far more than any color
Old 07-19-2009, 05:13 PM

Love my car, I see it and think "Uuuhhh." Love it, one of my guy friends says that I want to have that car, if you know what I mean. Love that car, and the color is G.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:03 PM

I almost bought a dark slate but decided on Precision Gray with Charcoal interior.

I made the right choice!
Old 07-19-2009, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by TooTawl
I almost bought a dark slate but decided on Precision Gray with Charcoal interior.

I made the right choice!

The Precision Gray is a conservative and tasteful choice that will fit easily into any social situation. You will look good at Burger King, the country club, or at a White House reception.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
The Precision Gray is a conservative and tasteful choice that will fit easily into any social situation. You will look good at Burger King, the country club, or at a White House reception.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
I'll buy that.

http://forums.maxima.org/album.php?a...pictureid=8110
Old 07-20-2009, 06:10 AM

i was either gonna get black or white... Black looked good but ive known people with black cars and thats all they complained about was how many scratches they have on their cars, and im a picky person if i saw one scratch on my car id probably wouldnt want the car anymore lol...thats why i choose white.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by TooTawl

I made the right choice!
I got the Precision Gray as well. I was skeptical at first and thought I shoulda gone black, but now I LOVE It. Especially when it's cloudy (which it has been ALOT lately) the gray comes alive I think. I also think the color 'reacts' very well with black. The tinted windows look awesome as will my blacked out T-Rex grille when I'm done painting it...
Old 07-23-2009, 04:01 PM

I've had dark color cars in my life, I had black and had darkblue cars so I know was up with does colors, you could see scratches, dirt,swirls etc. I got RADIANT SILVER trust me I made the right choice even when I know is dirty people always say damn you're car looks good & clean also you could see the details of the car, no Offense maxima looks good in any color,But the best color straight up is Radiant silver, white is nice but personaly I never was a white car guy........ thats my opinion.....
}
Old 07-23-2009, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by fate167
I've had dark color cars in my life, I had black and had darkblue cars so I know was up with does colors, you could see scratches, dirt,swirls etc. I got RADIANT SILVER trust me I made the right choice even when I know is dirty people always say damn you're car looks good & clean also you could see the details of the car, no Offense maxima looks good in any color,But the best color straight up is Radiant silver, white is nice but personaly I never was a white car guy........ thats my opinion.....}

Agreed. Long ago, I drove lots of dark cars (beginning with a black Studebaker in 1949), but I gradually became tired of washing my car every weekend. I switched to silver in 1966, and, except for a powder blue 2000SE and my current white '09 SV, have owned nothing but silver cars ever since.

I chose white this time because the white contrasted so dramatically with my black double-panel roof and trim, and because every summer seems to get a little hotter down here south of Hotlanta. But it was a very tough call over Radiant Silver, which is just as nice with the black double roof and/or trim. Precision Gray also compliments the black roof and/or trim in a conservatively pleasing manner.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:09 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by Maxgal
I agree with u Maxgal black is a lovely color harder to keep it clean worth it...
Old 07-29-2009, 05:33 PM

dark slate is the best color!
Old 07-30-2009, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by bmanbmv
dark slate is the best color!
x2
Old 07-30-2009, 12:29 PM

Everybody in the world (besides those here with a different color) knows that Radiant Silver is the best .

Why else did Nissan use the Radiant Silver in nearly every Ad/Commercial or Picture you see???

It's all about Radiant Silver baby!

Hi-Ho Silver AWaaayyyy!! LOL
Old 07-30-2009, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by bk2k3max
Everybody in the world (besides those here with a different color) knows that Radiant Silver is the best .

Why else did Nissan use the Radiant Silver in nearly every Ad/Commercial or Picture you see???

It's all about Radiant Silver baby!

Hi-Ho Silver AWaaayyyy!! LOL
Dude!!! Black is the way to go!!!!! Nissan also used Black in most of their commercials!!

LOL!! But seriously, every man to himself!
Old 07-30-2009, 01:33 PM

I still say a Pearl Black would have been killer on this car. But otherwise BLACK FTW!!!
Old 08-03-2009, 01:10 PM

I have had 3 black maxs, but went with tuscan sun...great color for it.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:58 PM

Lobster Claw

I think the lobster claw stands out way too much in black. I went with Radiant Silver because it blends in and becomes less of distraction from the otherwise perfect lines of the car. White has the 2nd best blend, but black just doesn't do it for me.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Radsil09
I think the lobster claw stands out way too much in black. I went with Radiant Silver because it blends in and becomes less of distraction from the otherwise perfect lines of the car. White has the 2nd best blend, but black just doesn't do it for me.
Amen to that, if you look at most of the Nissan commercials and Ads they are using the Radiant Silver, that isn't by accident-that is by reason.

You can see the curves better.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:21 PM

Where you live in south Florida (and where I live south of Hotlanta), black would be an abomination for any practical person. Where you and I live, we could fry an egg on a black car in minutes on almost any day from May to October. And black need frequent cleaning, which is no fun in humid, 95 or 100 degree sun.

Silver and white not only hide dirt better than black, but, as you said, mask out the lobster claw and, more importantly, reveal all the nice sculpture lives we have in these '09s.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:13 AM

I think the lobster claw stands out way too much in black....
What is the lobster claw?
Old 08-04-2009, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by 09Maxima_Sam
What is the lobster claw?

That is the name some folks have given the little thing that sticks out to the rear near the bottom of the headlight assembly. Had I been asked, I would probably have named it the 'sore thumb.' At first, I was unsure as to how much I liked it, but now I think it adds to the aggressive styling.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:08 AM

Bump Up.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:20 AM

Ive got the Navy Blue and I get tons of complements on it. But the dark slate is very attractive. There were not many in my area to chose from, but I thought the blue stood out more than the white and silver. I think silver cars like company cars. Something they just give you... like a work truck, most of them are white.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

We were torn between the Winter Frost and the Radiant Silver. My wife ended up picked the Radiant Silver. It is her car so she had the final decision.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:22 PM

white on black bk ny style lol
Old 09-19-2009, 10:38 PM

I saw rims on a tuscan red max today...I am not usually go for aftermarket rims, but they were looking good. I don't who makes them but they were 5 spoke rims where the spokes were either painted red or had a part that was attached to the rim. Anyone know what I am talking about?

Manoj
Old 09-20-2009, 10:46 AM

Looking at the cars on the lot I didn't like the black, but MaxDout has changed my mind about it, he's done an amazing job with his. I originally planned on getting the silver until I saw the jade. This color gets plenty of attention, I often sit in the car while my wife does her girly-store shopping and almost everyone that drives or walks by, stares at this car until they notice me staring back, LOL.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:48 AM
You gon' pay what you owe

Crimson Black w/ Charcoal interior
Old 09-20-2009, 03:16 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have a 2009 Precision Gray w/Charcoal Interior. When I picked up the car in August, I was not overly impressed by the finish. That is, it just did not "pop" like other new cars. It was a cloudy day, so I attributed the lackluster finish to the weather. Since then I have seen Maximas of other colors and they seem to have the finish that I expect. Unfortunately, they were not Precision Gray, so I did not have another car for comparison.

Don't get me wrong, my car has a shiny finish and all, but it just doesn't seem to have the deep color that I was expecting. I even polished and waxed the vehicle resulting in a slight improvement, but still not quite there. Has anyone noticed the same observations about the Precision Gray? I was just wondering if it was the nature of the Precision Gray, if my car has a substandard paint job, or if I was just being too ****.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:31 PM

My 06 was black, weekends of washing and waxing only to have a sprinkler hit it within 5 minutes of driving, I could change weather patterns with that car.

I loved it and enjoyed it but by the end I felt worn out and decided on Dark Slate for my 09
Old 09-20-2009, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by STARR
My 06 was black, weekends of washing and waxing only to have a sprinkler hit it within 5 minutes of driving, I could change weather patterns with that car.

I loved it and enjoyed it but by the end I felt worn out and decided on Dark Slate for my 09
My '04 Pontiac Grand Prix was black, and now I have the Dark Slate. I was so used to washing a black car 3 times a week, that now I even still do it on the Maxima.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by nissan_wannabe
I have a 2009 Precision Gray w/Charcoal Interior. When I picked up the car in August, I was not overly impressed by the finish. That is, it just did not "pop" like other new cars. It was a cloudy day, so I attributed the lackluster finish to the weather. Since then I have seen Maximas of other colors and they seem to have the finish that I expect. Unfortunately, they were not Precision Gray, so I did not have another car for comparison.

Don't get me wrong, my car has a shiny finish and all, but it just doesn't seem to have the deep color that I was expecting. I even polished and waxed the vehicle resulting in a slight improvement, but still not quite there. Has anyone noticed the same observations about the Precision Gray? I was just wondering if it was the nature of the Precision Gray, if my car has a substandard paint job, or if I was just being too ****.
Well, we ended up choosing the Gray and we love it. The Dark Slate is very nice when it's clean, but it shows almost as much dirt and dings as Black. The Silver looks good too, but Silver cars are a dime a dozen these days. We actually lined up a Silver, Slate and Gray to help us make our decision and it was easy seeing them all together. We thought the Gray provided the perfect contrast for the chrome trim and it's gorgeous in the sun. All metallic colors lose their depth on a cloudy day. The Gray is an understated neutral color that shows a surprising depth and complexity in the sun and it has to be the most forgiving color in terms on dust, dirt, and water spots. I'm sure it's not for everyone, but we've had nothing but compliments on it.

Quick Reply: What is the color of your 2009+ Maxima