7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
View Poll Results: What is your color?
Winter Frost QX3
26.14%
Radiant Silver K12
14.21%
Mystic Jade DAD
6.60%
Navy Blue RAB
9.14%
Tuscan Sun NAD
6.09%
Super Black KH3
18.02%
Precision Gray W40
5.84%
Dark Slate K50
13.96%
Voters: 394. You may not vote on this poll

What is the color of your 2009+ Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 06:21 PM

i want a 09
Old 09-21-2009, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by nissan_wannabe
I have a 2009 Precision Gray w/Charcoal Interior. When I picked up the car in August, I was not overly impressed by the finish. That is, it just did not "pop" like other new cars. It was a cloudy day, so I attributed the lackluster finish to the weather. Since then I have seen Maximas of other colors and they seem to have the finish that I expect. Unfortunately, they were not Precision Gray, so I did not have another car for comparison.

Don't get me wrong, my car has a shiny finish and all, but it just doesn't seem to have the deep color that I was expecting. I even polished and waxed the vehicle resulting in a slight improvement, but still not quite there. Has anyone noticed the same observations about the Precision Gray? I was just wondering if it was the nature of the Precision Gray, if my car has a substandard paint job, or if I was just being too ****.

Precision Gray is the most conservative, understated, tasteful, and business-like color available on the Maxima. It is not flashy or showy, so is not for everyone. But it will always look good in any professional or social setting. If you frequent country clubs, Precision Gray will be the Maxima color you would probably see most often. Anyone who has good taste, but is undecided as to what color Maxima to buy, will not go wrong with Precision Gray.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:43 AM

I have a 2009 Precision Gray w/Charcoal Interior. When I picked up the car in August, I was not overly impressed by the finish. That is, it just did not "pop" like other new cars. It was a cloudy day, so I attributed the lackluster finish to the weather. Since then I have seen Maximas of other colors and they seem to have the finish that I expect. Unfortunately, they were not Precision Gray, so I did not have another car for comparison.

Don't get me wrong, my car has a shiny finish and all, but it just doesn't seem to have the deep color that I was expecting. I even polished and waxed the vehicle resulting in a slight improvement, but still not quite there. Has anyone noticed the same observations about the Precision Gray? I was just wondering if it was the nature of the Precision Gray, if my car has a substandard paint job, or if I was just being too ****.
I have a Precision Gray too, and at first I questioned if I made the right decision. I love it now. I love how it darkens up alot when its cloudy, and it becomes brilliant on a clear sunny day. It really brings the lines of the car to life too. I just washed/clayed/waxed with Zymol Carbon Wax and all I gotta say is Wow. The paint looks amazing. There IS alot of depth to the paint. Love it.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:35 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Navy is the new black, its super dark with an attitude.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:48 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by ANNINO
I have a Precision Gray too, and at first I questioned if I made the right decision. I love it now. I love how it darkens up alot when its cloudy, and it becomes brilliant on a clear sunny day. It really brings the lines of the car to life too. I just washed/clayed/waxed with Zymol Carbon Wax and all I gotta say is Wow. The paint looks amazing. There IS alot of depth to the paint. Love it.
Thanks to ratdoc, lightonthehill and ANNINO for your comments.

I do like the color, but on my vehicle, it just seems to lack depth, even in the sun. I just need to find another Precision Gray to compare it to. I thought about posting pictures, but I don't believe that they will illustrate my concern.

I still am somewhat concerned that the paint job on my vehicle is not up to par, since other posters have commented that their Precision Gray vehicles DO have depth.

The finish isn't terrible per se. My wife thinks it's just fine. It just doesn't seem to have the depth that I expected. It just may be that my expectation is too high. Unfortunately, I don't believe I have any practical options at this point.

Anyway, sorry for rambling and thanks again for your comments!
Old 09-21-2009, 06:17 PM

Thanks to ratdoc, lightonthehill and ANNINO for your comments.

I do like the color, but on my vehicle, it just seems to lack depth, even in the sun. I just need to find another Precision Gray to compare it to. I thought about posting pictures, but I don't believe that they will illustrate my concern.

I still am somewhat concerned that the paint job on my vehicle is not up to par, since other posters have commented that their Precision Gray vehicles DO have depth.

The finish isn't terrible per se. My wife thinks it's just fine. It just doesn't seem to have the depth that I expected. It just may be that my expectation is too high. Unfortunately, I don't believe I have any practical options at this point.

Anyway, sorry for rambling and thanks again for your comments!
Sorry to hear that, it is horrible when you have something bothering you, everytime you go to your car you think about it. I know. Without seeing it in person I don't know what to tell ya. I have found the gray to be very 'layered' and depending on the lighting it will be a different shade. Very impressive in my opinion. My suggestion is to maybe clay the car and put a high quality wax on it, something like the Zymol Carbon ($50) or if you want to splurge, MaxloverAZ can help with higher end waxes. After doing the clay and the Carbon, its like the paint is in HD. I can see every detail and it is rediculously smooth. Its like silk, no lie. And the depth and contrast between angles on the panels is amazing. I love the black, coming from all black cars in the past, I love the white too, but I have to say that gray is by far my favorite now. Sorry to ramble, but thats my 10 cents.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:25 PM

Sorry to hear that, it is horrible when you have something bothering you, everytime you go to your car you think about it. I know. Without seeing it in person I don't know what to tell ya. I have found the gray to be very 'layered' and depending on the lighting it will be a different shade. Very impressive in my opinion. My suggestion is to maybe clay the car and put a high quality wax on it, something like the Zymol Carbon ($50) or if you want to splurge, MaxloverAZ can help with higher end waxes. After doing the clay and the Carbon, its like the paint is in HD. I can see every detail and it is rediculously smooth. Its like silk, no lie. And the depth and contrast between angles on the panels is amazing. I love the black, coming from all black cars in the past, I love the white too, but I have to say that gray is by far my favorite now. Sorry to ramble, but thats my 10 cents.
My first '09 was a Precision Grey. I had it for a week but did not put any miles on it because from the time I got home, I started having second thoughts about it. It never looked the same as it did under the lights at the dealership. Everyday I looked like it was a different color. Finally I couldn't take it anymore, so I exchanged it for a Radiant Silver one (even exchange since I only put 35 miles on it). I love this one and have absolutely no regrets about this color.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:28 AM

Super Black. I live in South Florida, but I have a garage at home, and I park in a garage at work...so no complaints!
Old 09-23-2009, 09:27 AM

Is it just me or does Mystic Jade sometimes look gray when seen in person in the right light???

My Dark Slate 09 Sport + Tech is do to arrive soon! I can't wait until it gets here.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:28 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I did clay the hood, polish with Meguiar's Show Car Glaze, and top off with 1Z Einszett Glanz Wax. Not as high end as Zymol, it did improve it somewhat, but still not up to snuff. I didn't expect Zymol levels of depth, but for a new car with a lower end wax, I just expected more. I do like the color, but the depth just keeps nagging me. The best description I can provide is that it looks like they skimped on the clear coat. I can see that there is a clear coat and it is uniform, but it just looks like they put on a thin layer vs. a thicker layer. I am convinced (or have convinced myself ) that the paint job on this car is substandard.

Originally Posted by Radsil09
My first '09 was a Precision Grey. I had it for a week but did not put any miles on it because from the time I got home, I started having second thoughts about it. It never looked the same as it did under the lights at the dealership. Everyday I looked like it was a different color. Finally I couldn't take it anymore, so I exchanged it for a Radiant Silver one (even exchange since I only put 35 miles on it). I love this one and have absolutely no regrets about this color.
I'm jealous. If I had the opportunity to exchange it without any financial loss, I would do it without any hesitation. Unfortunately, I have already put over 1400 miles on it and I don't believe that I can convince Nissan that the paint is defective. I do love the car otherwise (except for the sharp cutoff on the headlight beam pattern, but that's another story).

Anyway, I'm just going to have to hope that I'll get over it. Just drive it and stop looking at it. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and letting me vent.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:35 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by iscripter
Is it just me or does Mystic Jade sometimes look gray when seen in person in the right light???
No, it's just not you. when I was shopping for my 2009, I came across a Mystic Jade vehicle and it looked more gray than green. It is supposed to be somewhat green, right?

When the salesman and I looked at the sticker to verify that it was Mystic Jade, we both scratched our heads and agreed that it looked gray.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:38 AM

New Precision Gray frost interior owner here. How's everyone?
Old 09-24-2009, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Radsil09
My first '09 was a Precision Grey. I had it for a week but did not put any miles on it because from the time I got home, I started having second thoughts about it. It never looked the same as it did under the lights at the dealership. Everyday I looked like it was a different color.
Yeah, the Precision Gray can look almost as light as silver in the bright sun, yet like a medium-dark gray on overcast days and every shade in between, always with a lot of depth. That quality is what helps this color set off the lines of the car so well.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by ratdoc
Yeah, the Precision Gray can look almost as light as silver in the bright sun, yet like a medium-dark gray on overcast days and every shade in between, always with a lot of depth. That quality is what helps this color set off the lines of the car so well.
I agree, and I LOVE it. Especially now with the Zymol wax on it, I'm amazed at how great it looks.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:30 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Would have gone for the Dark Slate, but that is what my Altima was, and it was time for a change. I went with the Tuscan Sun, and love it. (But I seriously haven't seen a single color on this car that I would not be happy with, they are all really good looking).
Old 09-24-2009, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by iscripter

Mystic Jade changes color with every lick of your lollypop. The first time I saw one, I thought it was a Precision Gray Maxima. Then I stepped over to the next Maxima, which turned out to be Precision Gray, but was clearly a different color than the first Maxima. So I looked back at the first Maxima, and from that angle and lighting, it now appeared lavender. I felt a cold chill run down my spine.

I went back to the first Maxima, looked at the window sticker, and it said Mystic Jade. I went on to the third Maxima, and when I peered back at that Mystic Jade Maxima out of the corner of my eye, it suddenly looked like a Smoke color. When I reached the fourth Maxima, I looked back, and that Mystic Jade had a greenish hue.

I knew at that moment I would not be buying a Mystic Jade Maxima. At my age, I have enough trouble finding my car in a large parking lot. The last thing I need is a car that changes color every twenty seconds. Besides, although I am not supersticious, there is something spooky about that Mystic Jade.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:51 PM
You gon' pay what you owe

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Mystic Jade changes color with every lick of your lollypop. The first time I saw one, I thought it was a Precision Gray Maxima. Then I stepped over to the next Maxima, which turned out to be Precision Gray, but was clearly a different color than the first Maxima. So I looked back at the first Maxima, and from that angle and lighting, it now appeared lavender. I felt a cold chill run down my spine.

I went back to the first Maxima, looked at the window sticker, and it said Mystic Jade. I went on to the third Maxima, and when I peered back at that Mystic Jade Maxima out of the corner of my eye, it suddenly looked like a Smoke color. When I reached the fourth Maxima, I looked back, and that Mystic Jade had a greenish hue.

I knew at that moment I would not be buying a Mystic Jade Maxima. At my age, I have enough trouble finding my car in a large parking lot. The last thing I need is a car that changes color every twenty seconds. Besides, although I am not supersticious, there is something spooky about that Mystic Jade.
Wow, I thought my black/burgundy/purple (Crimson Black) car was bad. I guess they don't call it Mystic for nothing.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:56 AM

Can we make this a sticky?
Old 11-12-2009, 02:51 PM

Why is Precision Gray listed in italics? The one thing I hate about my color is that the washington flyer taxi's are all the same color lol
Old 11-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My color is not in the pole. Crimson Black
Old 11-13-2009, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by s-one
Why is Precision Gray listed in italics? The one thing I hate about my color is that the washington flyer taxi's are all the same color lol
The polls make it italic to indicate the item you voted on.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by goldmaxNYC
Thats because Crimson Black was not available when the Poll was created. I am unable to find a place to edit the Poll to add the color.

Perhaps a Mod could perform some magic and add it for us. Also can this thread become a sticky?
Old 11-13-2009, 09:35 PM

QX3 > all

Winter Frost is pulling away
Old 11-14-2009, 09:28 AM

I was looking at grey, but I saw a winter frost with the all black top. Decision made.
JP
Old 11-18-2009, 01:05 PM

I wanted White with Frost interior on the 09. But by them time i got to buying one pickin's was slim
Old 11-19-2009, 08:00 PM

I just picked up a 09 tuscan sun!!
Old 12-01-2009, 11:31 AM

I just got an 09 Tuscan sun too. Very sharp IMO
Old 12-01-2009, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill

As the owner of a 2010 Mystic Jade ... I HAVE to agree! This car literally looks like it's a different color every time I walk up to it! Definitely SPOOKY! But, I was hoping for it to be more of a 'greenish' color, and it really does look GREY most of the time - strange. Funny story about when you saw it at the dealer with other cars!

My favorite green was my old 2003 Infiniti M45 - it was called Emerald Mist ... and in the 3 years that I had it, I may have seen 4 of them!!! It was definitely cool and definitely UNIQUE!

I do like my Mystic Jade - but only when it LOOKS green!
Old 12-01-2009, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by goldmaxNYC
Crimson Black here as well
Old 12-04-2009, 10:23 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Broken Window and Frame

First i would like to say sorry for posting here, but for some reason i can not open a new thread.

last weekend i got my car broken into at a hotel in San francisco while i was on vacation and stole my navigation. the a hole that did this used some sort of jack to break the window in my brand new car and messed up my aluminum frame. i called nissan and they said this frame is part of the door, and a new door costs like 500 bucks. my deductible for insurance is 1000 dollars, so i have to fix this out of my pocket, thing is i cant afford this crap. I first had in mind like 200 to fix with the new window, sigh. so anyways, i go to a body shop to see how much to fix just the frame and he told me 600 dollars. i dont know what to do, i a attaching the picture of my bent frame on here for you guys to see, maybe nissan is lying to me and i can actually replace this piece without just fixing it.

any advice would be appreciated, i live in tustin california if you guys know any good shops to fix this around here.

thank you very much.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:27 AM

I was very surprised when Nissan pulled Precision Grey... but also very happy. I now have a 'limited edition' color! I love it...
Old 12-04-2009, 10:36 AM

Crimson black for me as well!
Old 12-06-2009, 07:01 PM

2010 Ocean Gray For me !!!!
Old 12-08-2009, 04:32 AM

2010 Winter Frost with black interior. Love it.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by 1fast6
2010 Ocean Gray For me !!!!
Can you post pics? No offense but the Ocean Gray that I saw at my dealer was fugly IMO. It was soooo blue in the sun. Im interested to see how yours looks.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:59 AM

Everybody has there opinion..Not Fugly in my book..
Old 12-08-2009, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by 1fast6
Everybody has there opinion..Not Fugly in my book..
Fugly is def. an exaggeration- I don't think any color of this car looks bad. I just dont care for the blue-gray I guess. It does look alot better in your picture than the one I saw did. In any case, nice ride!
Old 12-08-2009, 10:04 AM

Old 12-08-2009, 10:06 AM

Thanks Annino..Yea it could have no paint at all and I would like it..Sweet ride yourself.Mine is still a work in progress.But Def.. GET YOUR ROLL ON......

Last edited by 1fast6; 12-08-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:11 AM

Crimson Black here.

Quick Reply: What is the color of your 2009+ Maxima