7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Driver seat comfort in 09 Premium package

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 04:28 AM

Let me second DCLawyer's advice and add...

Whenever you sense a potentially serious issue rising, it is always better to submit your issue/complaint IN WRITING to the responsible party - in Maxud's case, the Nissan consumer affairs office given by bk2k3max above, AND with COPIES TO the dealership your having problems with and your state's consumer protection office - every state has one.

I know it's a pain in the **** and it's not quite as scary to them as getting a complaint under a lawyer's letterhead, but its the next best thing to the latter. When people are cutting corners, the thing they fear most is documentation of their doings in a public office that, they know, will haunt them for months to come and require their management to take time out of their day to draft letters of response (when they'd rather be out scamming more loyal customers for more bucks). The one thing they do understand is bad publicity. Just be honest, don't overstate (or understate) your case, and your probability of getting satisfaction will be greatly increased.

Good luck and thanks for taking the time to tell your tale.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by willg
Do you have any extended warranty on your car ("gold preferred" I think its called)? They told me that I get preferred service with it at any dealer. If you have it, I would use that as leverage
This thread was hijacked for a short while and I see one of my responses got deleted.
In terms of extended warranty, I don't have extended warranty, but this issue has nothing to do with extended warranty. The car is covered under Nissan's standard 3/36k miles warranty and as soon as the dealer hears the magic wards "warranty" they have all excuses in the world to not take in the car.

DCLawyer68 and Oldnewbie, thanks for your advise. I will research AG route. I am afraid I will run into a similar attitude at AG office (it is government after all) as I had at Nissan Consumer affairs. I called Nissan CA again Friday to find out whats going on with my case, and the file said they called me and left VM, while I am pretty sure I had no messages from them.

I will definitely follow up with this, though my goals do not include having my car serviced at this dealer ever. I know they are crooks and will not trust my car to them. I also looked up dealer feedback and found that there are comments going back to 2007 saying the dealer refused warranty service on same pretenses as me.
wish me luck
Max