7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

*2009 Maxima At Cerritos Nissan CA*

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 09:14 PM

Thumbs up *2009 Maxima At Cerritos Nissan CA*

I was picking up some parts we needed from Cerritos Nissan and as I pull into the dealership I see the almighty 09 Maxima parked next to the parts dept. Here are the pics, It belonged to some district manager who was there. I dont think I've seen it in this dark grey color in any other pic's on the Org. It looked great in person...

Pics were taken with my Cell...

Old 05-22-2008, 09:35 PM

Not sure if I'm really feelin this car yet.I think I still like my 03 better.Guess I'll just have to wait till it hits the dealership to see and test drive it first.Btw,nice pics man.......

Last edited by 95 Maxnout; 05-22-2008 at 09:38 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:08 PM

thats just sad...... i dunno wut else to say everytime i see a pic of those "things" lol

front end looks like a scion and the rear a camry. i think nissan's 6th gen set the pace for what the vehicles like lexus and toyota, etc look like today, and they needed to raise the playing feild again by coming out with something completely different...

but on a better note, good pics!

Last edited by happy4444; 05-22-2008 at 10:12 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:10 PM

Yeah it takes a little getting used to, but like I said once you see it in person it looks ten times better... just my opinion.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:22 PM

disappointment imo
Old 05-22-2008, 10:39 PM
Turbo'd Saab

Its great looking car I think

with a better cvt to give that pull feel without any lag
Old 05-22-2008, 10:53 PM

Nice pictures VQ, what camera phone you have that take pictures like that?
Old 05-23-2008, 12:09 AM

Very nice pics for a cell, CQ. I had the same experience as you, in that I wasn't sure about this car when I first saw the photos, but was really knocked out by how much better it looked when standing beside the car. I'm not sure why this car looks so much better in person than it does in photos.

This '09 will sell itself as soon as folks see it in person. After initial doubts, I now love this styling. The redesigned chassi, more athletic look and 5.8 zero to sixty aren't bad, either.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:01 AM

Nice pics VQA32..Im loving thoe grey color in your pics.
Originally Posted by DConrad2007
I have a nokia N95 with whats supposed to be a 5mp camera..here's 2 of many of my pics that i've taken with it. Not bad for a camera phone IMO.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:13 AM

I have to agree. The car looks great in that color, can't say that I have seen it before but will now be one of my choices. Im thinking blue, white, or the dark grey. Can't wait to see it and test drive at the dealership. I would agree that pictures do not do this car any justice. I would say many people here will change their minds at least on the apperance once they get a chance to see it up close and personal.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by DConrad2007
Its just a SideKick LX it does take decent pics, No video though

The car does look better in person guys, I can't wait to see it in Black or White, with a little bit of mods like smoked tail lights, shaved trunk, window tint, a nice mild drop, maybe some wheels, the car is going to look like a beast!! Cant wait to drive one as soon as we get one at our dealership. I saw the one at stillen and we were aloud to step inside the Max the interior looks awsome, heres a link to some pics that a few members took of it at the Stillen show in Costa Mesa CA.

Scroll down to post #8 for 09 Maxima Pic's..

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=562288
Old 05-23-2008, 06:27 PM
Infiniti 35 Double G's

meh...not ready to throw it under the bus just yet; maybe a different color would help. i dig the smooth sides/doors (i.e. no door guards a la my 4th gen), but the smallish grill and bulbous (sp?) rear end (like the Altima ) just don't give me wood.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:45 AM

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Damn it Gina... Thanks VQA......... thanks........

The Picture of the red tuscan is the best I've seen........... I will probably have to eat my words...and make this purchase. That red is wispering "Kobra....Kobra....

OMG that ***** is clean.... and the dark slate...but the Tuscan Red can get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
Old 05-24-2008, 12:53 PM
I can has?

Hmmm, I saw a big semi with an 09' Maxima advertisement on it at the dealer around 2am last night... makes me wonder if they got one in.

Nice pics too, I actually think this car has a classy look to it the 6th gens lacked.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:56 PM

Kobra - In almost 59 years or driving, I have never owned a red car, and never had a desire to buy one. But this tuscan red (I think Nissan calls it 'sunset' something or other) on the '09 Maxima is truly beautiful. Every time I see a photo of this car in this color, I simply stop and stare at it. Breathtaking.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:04 PM

Light, after seeing these pics I had to check my vitals, take a shower, and then a power nap. For me, the picture with the Max and the GT-R facing us showed how aggressive and muscular the front end is. This red color is awesome. I originally wanted my 04 Max in this color but when I saw it in person I thought nah, too much red for this car. On this version the red looks very sharp. It would fit me to a T. Decisions decisions.... to be continued.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:54 PM
retired moderator

the lines of the car are a major step-up from the 6th gen, but the Camry tail lights and the goofy/stupid headlights just kill the whole thing.....
Old 05-25-2008, 11:00 AM
Z

How are those Camry taillights? If anything, they're closer to a Yaris and Civic - nothing like a Camry.
Old 05-25-2008, 01:44 PM

Tail lights are not bad at all... If u were to just lightly smoke the red part of the tails and leave the clear part as is i think it would look good. On top of that thier LED. In person the rear of the car looks really good, its a nice wide look very well put together i think.

* Can somebody photo shop smoked tails on this car just to get an idea? *
Old 05-25-2008, 06:54 PM

I like it... but that rear looks just like the new altimas to me.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:46 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Kobra - In almost 59 years or driving, I have never owned a red car, and never had a desire to buy one. But this tuscan red (I think Nissan calls it 'sunset' something or other) on the '09 Maxima is truly beautiful. Every time I see a photo of this car in this color, I simply stop and stare at it. Breathtaking.
In 30 years of driving, I have owned red cars. I was at Stillen's Open house and personally saw the "red" 2009 Maxima, and sat in it, etc. I find the color very bland and ordinary.

Now if you want red, here is real red!!!
Old 05-26-2008, 02:36 AM

Deus - Loud colors such as fire engine red, electric blue, Halloween orange and sunlight yellow do not belong on a large near-luxury four door sedan. Those colors belong on either true sports cars (preferably two door) or smaller cars. The fact some auto companies show bad artristic judgement in violating that mantra doesn't mean it is good taste. That is exactly why I really like this subtle red Nissan is using on the '09 Maxima.

Of course red in any shade means a little higher premium on most insurance policies. Insurance companies found out decades ago that red cars are more likely to have claims. Seems drivers who prefer red cars are also more aggressive on the road. Add that aggressiveness to the fact law enforcement seems to notice red cars more quickly than subtle colors, and the likelihood of a ticket is greater with a red car.

But all that would not stop me from opting for this red on the '09 Maxima if I lived in a cooler climate. Living south of Atlanta, however, and with every summer here seemingly more blisteringly hot than the previous one, I must stick with white or silver.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:29 AM

Not to argue or counter, I just think the red looks really sharp and rich on this Maxima. I do like the precision gray and the dark slate. I wouldn't get another black car even though it has the best street presence. I just visualized the red Maxima with a bra on the front with some nice chrome wheels that will make it look even sharper and bring out the aggressive stance and profile even more. The spoiler on the back looks sharp too. I don't know if I'll get this car or not, it may come down to actually buying this car for my wife to drive then getting the Camaro later on and have the best of both worlds. She drives faster than I do, go figure. I'm diggin the red and that's final.

Now I must figure out how to back track and tell my wife that we should no longer get the Altima despite its better gas mileage and -$10K sticker price (Altimas S). I'll hit her with the "we need to live a little" line. Actually my wife likes the Maxima too and she wants to test drive it when it comes out. My thing is I bought the Armada so she could drive it but I know she's going to want to drive the Maxima more... and then I'll be on some Dr. Phil shsh. To be continued........
Old 05-26-2008, 08:18 AM

I actually like the red one in the pic too although I probably would still not get one. The Dark Slate was my favorite color when I was looking at the 2008 Maxima. I guess I'd have to see this one in person before passing judgment on any color.

As far as the 2009 Maxima in general though, I think it is an awesome looking car overall. There is never going to be a perfect car. Every year there has been something I did not like about certain cars - both Maxima and other brands. On the 2009 Maxima it is the very square and plain-looking front grill. However, I do think the curves of the hood and the headlights make up for it and give the car an aggressive and strong look. I can't wait for them to arrive. I just hope it is actually June when they are available. I have a 1996 Maxima and as much as I love that car, I'm ready to get a new car. This 2009 Max could be the one!
Old 05-26-2008, 01:49 PM

Deus - Loud colors such as fire engine red, electric blue, Halloween orange and sunlight yellow do not belong on a large near-luxury four door sedan. Those colors belong on either true sports cars (preferably two door) or smaller cars. The fact some auto companies show bad artristic judgement in violating that mantra doesn't mean it is good taste. That is exactly why I really like this subtle red Nissan is using on the '09 Maxima.

Of course red in any shade means a little higher premium on most insurance policies. Insurance companies found out decades ago that red cars are more likely to have claims. Seems drivers who prefer red cars are also more aggressive on the road. Add that aggressiveness to the fact law enforcement seems to notice red cars more quickly than subtle colors, and the likelihood of a ticket is greater with a red car.

But all that would not stop me from opting for this red on the '09 Maxima if I lived in a cooler climate. Living south of Atlanta, however, and with every summer here seemingly more blisteringly hot than the previous one, I must stick with white or silver.
Light: Color is irrelevant with repect to auto insurance premiums. In fact it is illegal in California, probably most if not all states, to consider color in determining premiums. There is no evidence to support the notion that red cars attract the attention of police. To wit --> http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/redcars.asp

Both are urban legends. In fact, I would say that red and other bright colors may have a tendency to avoid accidents since they are more visible. At dusk or dawn, when light it low, Id rather be in a bright car (never mind that I drive a black car now!!!).

Regarding temperature and color of car, I live in LA area where temps last week were over 101F. It gets up to 114F+ here. Thats what AC, window tint and windshield shades are for.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:59 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

not too sure about the new max either (yet). there are clear resemblances to the altima in the rear, and the front i'm not sure about.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:49 PM

Deus - great references! I have heard all my life that red cars were more likely to attract law enforcement. That may be true, but doesn't appear to result in more tickets these days.

Many of my 'experiences' on what happens on the highway were developed in the 1940s and 1950s, when tickets were given out primarily based on law enforcement picking out a vehicle that seemed to be going by too fast, and then tailing it to check the speed 'manually.' In that type of situation, it may have been that red attracted more attention.

But these days, the normal method is to simply use any of several speed checking devices by simply pointing it at whatever car amidst the fairly distant oncoming traffic seems to be moving slightly faster than the traffic flow, and this can take place before the officer even has a good enough look at the car to know what color it is.

So I think you have shown that in today's world, red cars are generally not more likely to generate tickets.

Of course, lost in all this is the fact different colors attract different types of drivers. The referenced test was run in Florida, which probably has the oldest age population in the country. Old folks (and even less-old folks) living in hot climates tend to buy white cars because they are easier to keep cool, and although their driving faculties may not be sharp, they tend to not speed. That might explain the lack of tickets to white cars in that study.

The higher insurance rate for red cars thingie was told to me by my insurance agent in Montgomery AL in the early 1960s. I didn't bother to check the fact. I am sure there were no laws in any state preventing companies from doing that at the time if they were so inclined. It appears that this practice no longer takes place, and is even illegal in some states. If so, then I see no reason to avoid buying red cars because of insurance rates.

All we have left is the 'heat' thing. I have lived in Los Angeles twice, New York City twice, New Jersey, the desert of southern Arizona for several years, etc. I have learned that, no matter the air conditioning or window tint or sun screens, when a dark-colored car sits out in the sun, it gets far hotter inside than a light-colored car. Just walk through a parking lot on a hot sunny day, and place your hand on top of a white car - never feels hot. Then try a black car. But be careful with the black, or you will actually burn your hand if you leave it for several seconds.

I still carry sun screens in my car, but all they do is keep the seats and dash from frying. The temp in a dark car can still reach 130 to 140 degrees. I do lots of 'in/outs' and usually make from 5 to 10 stops on each trip into town, and unless a particular stop will be more than a half hour, I don't fool with the sun screens. Unless I drive for more than two or three minutes between stops, the AC doesn't have time to bring the temp down. Through years of experience, I have found that, for me, a light colored car is FAR easier to keep comfortably cool when parked in the sun than a dark car. And I think you will find many folks who have found that to be true.

So I give you the nod on red tickets and red insurance, but not on the dark vs light heat situation.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:11 PM

I saw a red one in Chantilly today at the dealership, the VP of NNA was driving it and I got to chat with him for a minute. It's a nice looking car in person and needs only tint and a slight drop, great improvement over the 6th gen(Sorry Chern )
Old 05-27-2008, 05:43 PM

I personally like the new 09 Maxima. It looks more upscale and sporty at the same time. It's almost like Nissan is trying to go for a new image like Hyundai is with the new Genesis. The Genesis is suppose to be a luxury sedan though. Probably the only thing I would change about the 09 Maxima is the grill. It's too plain for the new look. Maybe they should've put an Infiniti grill on it. Can the 09 Maxima be bought with a different grill?
Old 05-27-2008, 06:53 PM

gopack504 - Only one grille is available on the '09. Having seen the '09 grille several times close up last month, I found I liked it much better in person than in the pics.

But if you still don't like it when you see it in person, grilles are one of the easier things to alter. I often do a little sanding and slop a little black paint around when something on a new car doesn't look quite right to me. I would bet there will be aftermarket grilles available for the '09 by this coming winter; next spring at the latest.

The thing I think I like best about the '09 is the moving out of the wheels and fenders and sculpting of the body sides, giving an overall look of lean athleticism that befits a car like the Maxima.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Cutler
I saw a red one in Chantilly today at the dealership, the VP of NNA was driving it and I got to chat with him for a minute. It's a nice looking car in person and needs only tint and a slight drop, great improvement over the 6th gen(Sorry Chern )

Chantilly, VA? What did he say about it?
Old 05-27-2008, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by drakutis
Chantilly, VA? What did he say about it?
He was talking about all the new features, blah blah. I intervened and gave an opinion that it needed to be lowered, one of the techs laughed.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:03 PM

Yes Chantilly, VA. I was at Chantilly Nissan picking up some radio tabs. I then was proceeded to be bothered by a joke of an offer from one of the salesmen, he noticed my Titan for sale....
Old 05-28-2008, 06:15 AM

gopack504 - Only one grille is available on the '09. Having seen the '09 grille several times close up last month, I found I liked it much better in person than in the pics.

But if you still don't like it when you see it in person, grilles are one of the easier things to alter. I often do a little sanding and slop a little black paint around when something on a new car doesn't look quite right to me. I would bet there will be aftermarket grilles available for the '09 by this coming winter; next spring at the latest.

The thing I think I like best about the '09 is the moving out of the wheels and fenders and sculpting of the body sides, giving an overall look of lean athleticism that befits a car like the Maxima.
That's cool that you liked the grill, and sounds like the whole car, much better in person. That's a true test. Often I see the look of a new car online, but once I see it in person it doesn't hold the "wow" factor. I'm a good year to 18 moths from getting a new car, so I'm waiting for the diesel Maxima to see how good the MPG will be.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:34 PM

the whole thing looks like a toyota to me
Old 05-28-2008, 11:23 PM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by VQA32SE_L
Tail lights are not bad at all... If u were to just lightly smoke the red part of the tails and leave the clear part as is i think it would look good. On top of that thier LED. In person the rear of the car looks really good, its a nice wide look very well put together i think.

* Can somebody photo shop smoked tails on this car just to get an idea? *
Here you go:
Old 05-28-2008, 11:24 PM
*moderator*

me and Deus also had an idea when we were there for overlays for the rear to make them less "wrap around"
Something like this (just a quickie but you get the idea, Bluebat to the rescue!)
Old 05-29-2008, 12:01 PM

Deus - great references! I have heard all my life that red cars were more likely to attract law enforcement. That may be true, but doesn't appear to result in more tickets these days.

Many of my 'experiences' on what happens on the highway were developed in the 1940s and 1950s, when tickets were given out primarily based on law enforcement picking out a vehicle that seemed to be going by too fast, and then tailing it to check the speed 'manually.' In that type of situation, it may have been that red attracted more attention.

But these days, the normal method is to simply use any of several speed checking devices by simply pointing it at whatever car amidst the fairly distant oncoming traffic seems to be moving slightly faster than the traffic flow, and this can take place before the officer even has a good enough look at the car to know what color it is.

So I think you have shown that in today's world, red cars are generally not more likely to generate tickets.

Of course, lost in all this is the fact different colors attract different types of drivers. The referenced test was run in Florida, which probably has the oldest age population in the country. Old folks (and even less-old folks) living in hot climates tend to buy white cars because they are easier to keep cool, and although their driving faculties may not be sharp, they tend to not speed. That might explain the lack of tickets to white cars in that study.

The higher insurance rate for red cars thingie was told to me by my insurance agent in Montgomery AL in the early 1960s. I didn't bother to check the fact. I am sure there were no laws in any state preventing companies from doing that at the time if they were so inclined. It appears that this practice no longer takes place, and is even illegal in some states. If so, then I see no reason to avoid buying red cars because of insurance rates.

All we have left is the 'heat' thing. I have lived in Los Angeles twice, New York City twice, New Jersey, the desert of southern Arizona for several years, etc. I have learned that, no matter the air conditioning or window tint or sun screens, when a dark-colored car sits out in the sun, it gets far hotter inside than a light-colored car. Just walk through a parking lot on a hot sunny day, and place your hand on top of a white car - never feels hot. Then try a black car. But be careful with the black, or you will actually burn your hand if you leave it for several seconds.

I still carry sun screens in my car, but all they do is keep the seats and dash from frying. The temp in a dark car can still reach 130 to 140 degrees. I do lots of 'in/outs' and usually make from 5 to 10 stops on each trip into town, and unless a particular stop will be more than a half hour, I don't fool with the sun screens. Unless I drive for more than two or three minutes between stops, the AC doesn't have time to bring the temp down. Through years of experience, I have found that, for me, a light colored car is FAR easier to keep comfortably cool when parked in the sun than a dark car. And I think you will find many folks who have found that to be true.

So I give you the nod on red tickets and red insurance, but not on the dark vs light heat situation.
I appreciate it light. Things do change after 40 or 50 yrs. Regarding black vs. white, although its true that the surface of the car is CLEARLY hotter on a dark car versus a white car, the critical temp is the interior temp. I take several steps to ensure that the interior temp of my car remains as low as possible when ambient temps reach 80+. I have dark tint on all rear windows, and slightly lighter tint on two front windows for safety sake. I use the aforementioned windshield screen. I park in the shade (if possible). I also crack BOTH my windows and sunroof to allow airflow. I also do all of that so car cools down faster when AC is on. Once AC is on, I dont think a black car is much warmer than white car.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
me and Deus also had an idea when we were there for overlays for the rear to make them less "wrap around"
Something like this (just a quickie but you get the idea, Bluebat to the rescue!)
I also think that on a black car, blackening the red part completely would look really good. I saw a new black civic like that which has similar lights and it looked great.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:35 PM

Here is the tailights tinted and Maxima badge removed on a black car:

Quick Reply: *2009 Maxima At Cerritos Nissan CA*