7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

2009 Nissan Maxima pics/videos

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 10:00 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I see same old boring Nissan colors, except for one called Tuscan Sun. What do you think that color is? Yellowish-Orange? Just Yellow?
Old 03-19-2008, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by toucansma
I see same old boring Nissan colors, except for one called Tuscan Sun. What do you think that color is? Yellowish-Orange? Just Yellow?
Reddish, it can be seen at nissanusa.com
Old 03-19-2008, 02:13 PM

Introducing the new Altimacameryg35

Old 03-19-2008, 02:47 PM

Do you guys think nissan will stay true to its past and give the 2011/12 a face lift and maybe a new engine?
Old 03-19-2008, 06:33 PM

Boooo, make some exciting add on colors if you are listening Nissan. Give us Burnt Orange back or yellow
Old 03-19-2008, 06:39 PM

i wish Nissan did stay true to their past, the Zs and Maximas are the only nissan cars worth really giving 2 ***** about, the Altima is a maybe but not really it still needs time, im still trying to get over its Stanza roots

when the GTR finally arrives we can add it to the list too
Old 03-19-2008, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by clayman88
My biggest disappointment with Nissan is why they make the Infinitis look so much like the the Nissan's?!?! The interior is almost an exact copy of the G35/G37's new design.

Because its basically the same CAR...Just like Ford and Mercury...Taurus/sable
Old 03-19-2008, 08:57 PM

I actually like the 7th gen

It kind of looks like a 4 door Jaguar coupe.

I think I might get one when it comes out.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Crusher103
i wish Nissan did stay true to their past, the Zs and Maximas are the only nissan cars worth really giving 2 ***** about, the Altima is a maybe but not really it still needs time, im still trying to get over its Stanza roots

when the GTR finally arrives we can add it to the list too
Our Maxima's have Stanza roots more than what you think they do. The 2nd gen 85-88 are similar in design to the U11's (Stanza's aka bluebirds) in Japan. They call their Altima's the Bluebird. Take a look at some of the old U11 designs, they looked very much like 2nd gen Maxima's back then.The Altima's really didnt carry the same design as the bluebirds until they first introduced the Altima to the U.S. So, technically we have roots back to the Stanza's as well.

Anyway to keep this on subject. The 7th gen is growing on me. I just dont like the front lights. Everything else is a keeper though. So, because I know Ill eventually want one in the future, I give it a thumbs up. It reminds me of the Infiniti designs a lot, especially the interior.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:34 PM

Well. No manual tranny. But maybe there is still hope that it can be yet. I like the idea of them possibly holding back on an SE model with the manual tranny to tuly market this car as a 4DSC. Autos just aren't sport.

No manual means no maxima for me.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:57 PM
Nightmare = Reality

SoundMike; Care to Pshop that Lovely Yellow onto the pic with the notches removed? I need a Wallpaper to pretend they did a better job with :P
Old 03-19-2008, 10:45 PM

dont forget a little bit of the Accord from the back
Old 03-19-2008, 11:18 PM

ITS AWESOME!
Old 03-20-2008, 01:17 AM

Lots of discussion about tranny....how about this....I read recently that in the near future, automatic transmissions will outperform manuals on the strip largly due to the ability of a computer to shift quicker and more precisely than a person. Plus lighter/more intelligent design. Oh yeah, I love my CVT.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:52 AM
aka The Doom Ship

Yeah, maybe a dual clutch type. CVTs still use fluid coupling torque converters=more losses through the drivetrain. Plus CVTs can't handle high HP applications(so they say).

Originally Posted by PhotoGus
Lots of discussion about tranny....how about this....I read recently that in the near future, automatic transmissions will outperform manuals on the strip largly due to the ability of a computer to shift quicker and more precisely than a person. Plus lighter/more intelligent design. Oh yeah, I love my CVT.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by max95q
Our Maxima's have Stanza roots more than what you think they do. The 2nd gen 85-88 are similar in design to the U11's (Stanza's aka bluebirds) in Japan. They call their Altima's the Bluebird. Take a look at some of the old U11 designs, they looked very much like 2nd gen Maxima's back then.The Altima's really didnt carry the same design as the bluebirds until they first introduced the Altima to the U.S. So, technically we have roots back to the Stanza's as well.

Anyway to keep this on subject. The 7th gen is growing on me. I just dont like the front lights. Everything else is a keeper though. So, because I know Ill eventually want one in the future, I give it a thumbs up. It reminds me of the Infiniti designs a lot, especially the interior.
thats true but the Altima is the direct replacement for the Stanza, thats more what i meant, lol i hated those cars

and that interior is def. a step in the right direction, but we might see a base price of over 30k
Old 03-20-2008, 11:38 AM

The Stanza (which I think means 'room' in Italian) was derived from the boxy Datsun 510, which did very well in world rallies back in the 1970s. The 1st generation Maxima descended from the Datsun 810, which was my favorite car in the late 1970s.

I couldn't afford an 810 at that time, so settled for a Datsun 200SX, a sporty little 1800cc engine 2 door based on the Datsun 210. Eighteen months later, a new 200SX went belly-up on the downtown connector in Arlanta. As the new 200SX had 14 inch wheels (the ones in the late '70s had 13 inch wheels), I noted the name of the wrecker company removing the overturned 200SX (while watching the news), went to their junkyard and bought the wheels and tires off the wreck for $20 each and put them on my 200SX and drove happily for well over 100K miles.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:52 AM

I love it, and I can't wait until dealers start to get them
Old 03-20-2008, 12:33 PM

Personally i think it's ugly, i had hoped they would make the intima instead but this is does not look good to me. It just looks like the merge different cars together and slapped on a weird looking front.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Morpheus2010
Personally i think it's ugly, i had hoped they would make the intima instead but this is does not look good to me. It just looks like the merge different cars together and slapped on a weird looking front.
I don't know how you can think this car is ugly. I think it looks great. That "Intima" is a big boat luxury car with ugly lines.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:22 PM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

Originally Posted by hacim105
I don't know how you can think this car is ugly. I think it looks great. That "Intima" is a big boat luxury car with ugly lines.
Yep... looking like the Intima would have been the disappointment to me... and we would be having everybody ***** that the back looks just like an Avalon instead of a Camry, lol.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:35 PM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

Originally Posted by AllBlackMax
Yeah, maybe a dual clutch type. CVTs still use fluid coupling torque converters=more losses through the drivetrain. Plus CVTs can't handle high HP applications(so they say).
Torque capacity is definitely a limitation on the CVT, but I have a feeling that gas prices will be the ultimate limiting factor - even as CVT torque capacity inevitably increase.

Loss due to TC is not much of an issue... initial launch is actually enhanced by the TC. Ever driven an Audi DSG or CVT? Off the line performance sucks due to the way the electronic clutch engages.

Plus, the TCs in the Nissan CVT's lock up so early there is virtually no efficiency penalty.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:52 PM

I think the problem is every is hoping to be blown away by some completely new design of car. They keep hoping that they are going to get a sedan that looks like an exotic supercar. But it will turn out the same way it did with the 6th gens. All these people will hate it and then after about a year they will all come on here and confess that they actually like the car. Because it incorporate different aspects of different cars that we all like into one. How can you go wrong with that?

In all honest opinion I think they took aspects from the GTR (like the wider fenders, and the flat front) and then took some from the altima (like the overall side profile) and then some from the 6th gen (profile also, taillights) and tweaked it to be exactly what they wanted. Which is the all new 4DSC that we've all come to know as the maxima.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:59 PM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

Been thinking... (I know, that can be dangerous):

Until Acura comes out with the next TL, the closest direct competition I see for the 7G might be the '09 Passat. Those are the two highest on my mental list in preperation for '07 lease running out. 3.6 liter Passat comes with AWD and DSG (Europe only ) or 6 speed Tiptronic auto (USA). Not a bad looker, either (REALLY looks like a CLS):

http://www.leftlanenews.com/volkswagen-passat-cc.html
Old 03-20-2008, 02:15 PM
Very sound, Mike

Originally Posted by jcalabria
Been thinking... (I know, that can be dangerous):

http://www.leftlanenews.com/volkswagen-passat-cc.html
I believe that's more of a premium Passat (the Passat CC, that is). The regular Passat will probably be less-equipped or have slightly different dimensions.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:15 PM

Well, apparently the sunroof just rolls up because I don't see where it could go.

Last edited by MorpheusZero; 03-20-2008 at 02:18 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:22 PM
Very sound, Mike

Originally Posted by MorpheusZero

Well, apparently the sunroof just rolls up because I don't see where it could go.
You take it off and put it back on manually.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:25 PM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

Maybe they hired Criss Angel to design the sunshade!
Old 03-20-2008, 02:29 PM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

Originally Posted by soundmike
I believe that's more of a premium Passat (the Passat CC, that is). The regular Passat will probably be less-equipped or have slightly different dimensions.
Passats can be pricey anyway... but there will be a 4 cyl available in this bodystyle - I don't think there will be 2 different body styles.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:36 PM

This is the information from Nissan in regards to the dual sun roof.

"Another new styling feature is the available Dual Panel Moonroof, which is traditionally offered only in luxury segments. The Dual Panel Moonroof includes a front section that moves like a normal moonroof (positioned farther forward than typical), with a very wide opening to provide an open-air motoring feeling. There is also a fixed translucent rear section that provides light to rear seat passengers. The overall design gives the appearance that the entire roof is composed of black glass. The Dual Panel Moonroof includes dual power sunshades for both the front and rear glass sections, adding a level of convenience."

I am really getting excited about the car. The only thing I was feeling funny about was the headlights but after each day if feel better about them and see how much they help the car in the aggresive stance and in seperating it from others.

I think Nissan did a fantasic job with the car. It is a total new design, more power, less weight, beutiful lines, tail lights look amazing, projector headlights with HID and then just mod the fogs with some 3000K HID's and an aftermarket grill and this is going to be one of the best looking cars on the road for aprox. 30-32K depending on options.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:46 PM
-Devi0uz-

The overall design gives the appearance that the entire roof is composed of black glass
why didnt they just do a glass roof...instead of trying to give it that apperance.....that would of looked real nice from the inside...and out...
Old 03-20-2008, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Devious 02 max
why didnt they just do a glass roof...instead of trying to give it that apperance.....that would of looked real nice from the inside...and out...
Probably both structural and cost issues. Plus, with one pane of glass you couldn't have a sunroof/moonroof, but obviously you could circumvent that by using two panes.

Think the Scion tC and the 996 Carrera Targa both did something like the latter option though, so I dunno.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:22 PM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

Probably both structural and cost issues. Plus, with one pane of glass you couldn't have a sunroof/moonroof, but obviously you could circumvent that by using two panes.

Think the Scion tC and the 996 Carrera Targa both did something like the latter option though, so I dunno.
I think the larger size of the Max roof versus those two would definitely create structural issues and rollover hazards with a similar all glass design.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:29 PM
Very sound, Mike

The article you linked so says it right there..

"Volkswagen today unveiled the "four-door coupe" version of its Passat sedan, called the Passat CC."

Passat Sedan and a Passat 4-door coupe (a.k.a CC)
Old 03-20-2008, 05:30 PM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

Originally Posted by soundmike
The article you linked so says it right there..

"Volkswagen today unveiled the "four-door coupe" version of its Passat sedan, called the Passat CC."

Passat Sedan and a Passat 4-door coupe (a.k.a CC)
Just like Nissan unveiled the 4DSC version of the Maxima this week, lol.

I didn't and wouldn't take that wording to mean that, but I have looked elswhere and it seems you are correct about carrying two Passat lines, at least for a while. Still doesn't mean it won't be a consideration, as the "standard" Passat I always considered more of an Altima competitor (steep price aside).

All thos pipe-dreaming of a V8 Maxima should look at how well the V8 Passat "experiment" went... not too goooood!

Last edited by jcalabria; 03-20-2008 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by PhotoGus
It really does not matter to me "which is faster", I just prefer real driver involvement and something for my left foot to do. I just really enjoy manuals.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:03 PM

i dont care about no-manual option, maxima sells so few manuals anyways, i feel screwed in the hp department, this car needed at least 320 to keep up with cars like wrx-sti-type-s-accord v6 coupe-audi a6-350z-mazda speed3-....

Carlos-G did his thing again, made the car appealing to older and richer crowd.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:11 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Man, you guys know how to sell a CVT.

I'm starting to think the CVT may in fact be better than the 5AT? Some say yes. I know my car with the 5AT is a torque monster(compared to other NA Maxes of course) at 258 lb/ft at the wheels. I guess I would have to drive the car like everyone else.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:38 PM
Very sound, Mike

Originally Posted by BluFlame
i dont care about no-manual option, maxima sells so few manuals anyways, i feel screwed in the hp department, this car needed at least 320 to keep up with cars like wrx-sti-type-s-accord v6 coupe-audi a6-350z-mazda speed3-....

If the "gearing" is good enough, it may not need more power. I'd rather have real performance versus playing with the number game.

Not to mention, a good number of cars in your list isn't even in the same category as the Maxima.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by BluFlame

320hp through the front wheels, umm...no, if U want that kind of power mod Ur car, but thats a little much, torque steer would be a b1tch to handle, especially if its already a problem in the 5.5gens and 6th gen with the LSD now imagine the people without LSDs.

the max can already keep up with the Accord&Audi, cmon thou the type S isnt even a good joke, but STi and 350z, i dont mean to be so rude about it but did U think alittle before U wrote this. The 350z is the maximas stable mate it would be pointless for the max to "keep up" with it, then what would be the point of buying a Z.

The maxima is not a sports car, the 3rd gen may have had an 4DSC sticker on its window but by no means was it a sports car, it had sports car like performace and that was it, it was mainly a family sedan that added a little fun to drive to it.

I dont mean to be so rude like i said but that was alittle obvious

Quick Reply: 2009 Nissan Maxima pics/videos