7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

2009 Maxima 7th Gen info 5/07

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Wink. I'll do the rest.

2009 Maxima 7th Gen info 5/07

What?!

Nissan, to whom should I make the check payable to?

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2009-nis...cedes-cls.html
Old 05-01-2007, 05:57 PM

More on the same type of news:

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/05/01/n...rts-car-roots/
Old 05-01-2007, 06:26 PM
aka The Doom Ship

If it ain't RWD I ain't buyin' it. The aftermarket clearly does not support FWD V6s.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:41 PM

Do a custom RWD conversion...a guy with a RSX was quoted at about $17,000 for the job!
Old 05-01-2007, 08:23 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

or get a CLS
Old 05-01-2007, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by xoomer.com
or get a CLS
Nissan Maxima Starting Price: $28,050
Mercedes CLS Starting Price: $67,675
Mercedes CLS63 AMG Starting Price: $92,975
Old 05-01-2007, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by D@ActiveTuning
Nissan Maxima Starting Price: $28,050
Mercedes CLS Starting Price: $67,675
Mercedes CLS63 AMG Starting Price: $92,975
That is still crazy shiet! The CLS is a little obnoxious if you ask me, but the E63 AMG... For about $95,000 you have a car that keeps up if not slightly takes Lambos and Ferraris... (or just add a chip and some Brabus tuning for it and it'll be no match for the Lambo or Ferrari! ) That's just my theory though
Old 05-01-2007, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by !PrjctMax!
That is still crazy shiet! The CLS is a little obnoxious if you ask me, but the E63 AMG... For about $95,000 you have a car that keeps up if not slightly takes Lambos and Ferraris... (or just add a chip and some Brabus tuning for it and it'll be no match for the Lambo or Ferrari! ) That's just my theory though
Dodge Viper 600hp on next years model coming out. Although, not quite as practical...but hey, neither is a Lambo or Ferrari
Old 05-01-2007, 09:39 PM

F sales on the g35, i want a rwd maxima!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 09:45 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I don't understand why everyone compares the Maxima to the G. They are completely different cars. The G is much smaller and less practical. The Maxima is more in line with and M for size but not price. Two very different cars with two very different principals.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Nietzsche
I don't understand why everyone compares the Maxima to the G. They are completely different cars. The G is much smaller and less practical. The Maxima is more in line with and M for size but not price. Two very different cars with two very different principals.
They just are saying they don't want to put it in the territory where it can compete. It is more comparable to the M, but it's still in the same territory as the G. Same with the Altima and Maxima, they are still in the same territory (and have been getting closer and closer over the past few years).
Old 05-01-2007, 09:54 PM
SHIFT_In2D

Hmmmm I may stay in the Max family then ... unless I get the new GTR. Depends on which one is best in price/looks.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:57 PM

This is exactly what several of us here on the ORG have been hinting at for several years.

When the 6th gen concept was firmed up in 2002, it was clear the Maxima was moving toward being a much plusher vehicle.

A year or two later, when the Altima actually became the size and acquired the power of the Maxima, it was obvious Maxima would have to surpass the Altima, which meant it would be a larger, heavier, more powerful vehicle than would fit the normal '4DSC' concept.

So we could see this coming for years. The only niche left for the Maxima was to be slightly larger, slightly more powerful, slightly more luxurious, have slightly better interior and exterior finish and more goodies standard than the 3.5 Altima.

And that is exactly what we will get.

There are those who prefer rear wheel drive, as they feel RWD is more performance-oriented and is more amenable to aftermarket modding.

But FWD is better for normal driving, especially in inclimate weather. The 7th gen Maxima will be a vehicle Nissan does not see as a 'modding base', or even a 'track-oriented' vehicle. It will be very powerful, very complete, even in base version, a little too heavy to do very well in the 1/4 mile, but an outstanding road car with excellent performance for all normal driving situations. A flagship.

Nissan might as well have erected a sign: 'all modders exit here'.

But I am one who is looking forward to the upscale Maxima. My only decision is whether to buy next spring when the '09 arrives at dealers, or wait for the gen 7.5 diesel Maxima about two years later. I feel I can't lose either way. Life is good!
Old 05-01-2007, 10:18 PM

hmmmm.... maybe the design will be similar to this?

to bad it will be FWD.... you know what that means guys.... No 300hp for us max lovers...

Old 05-02-2007, 12:12 AM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
This is exactly what several of us here on the ORG have been hinting at for several years.

When the 6th gen concept was firmed up in 2002, it was clear the Maxima was moving toward being a much plusher vehicle.

A year or two later, when the Altima actually became the size and acquired the power of the Maxima, it was obvious Maxima would have to surpass the Altima, which meant it would be a larger, heavier, more powerful vehicle than would fit the normal '4DSC' concept.

So we could see this coming for years. The only niche left for the Maxima was to be slightly larger, slightly more powerful, slightly more luxurious, have slightly better interior and exterior finish and more goodies standard than the 3.5 Altima.

And that is exactly what we will get.

There are those who prefer rear wheel drive, as they feel RWD is more performance-oriented and is more amenable to aftermarket modding.

But FWD is better for normal driving, especially in inclimate weather. The 7th gen Maxima will be a vehicle Nissan does not see as a 'modding base', or even a 'track-oriented' vehicle. It will be very powerful, very complete, even in base version, a little too heavy to do very well in the 1/4 mile, but an outstanding road car with excellent performance for all normal driving situations. A flagship.

Nissan might as well have erected a sign: 'all modders exit here'.

But I am one who is looking forward to the upscale Maxima. My only decision is whether to buy next spring when the '09 arrives at dealers, or wait for the gen 7.5 diesel Maxima about two years later. I feel I can't lose either way. Life is good!
I agree. The 7th gen will be a performance luxury sedan, and AWD is most likely an option. It also could be $40K fully optioned, which would point those looking to heavily mod one turn to the less expensive or sportier siblings.

Then again, if the car is really great, some tuners may turn out a sample or two and have a good aftermarket support.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:55 AM
Wink. I'll do the rest.

I agree with the ^^^^^^.
It was so obvious Nissan was moving the Maxima to new heights......
Old 05-02-2007, 06:23 AM

To prevent any damage it might do to sales of the G35 sedan, Nissan will likely keep the vehicle front-wheel-drive, the report said.

man screw the G35 make it RWD.. i think this will be hottt and i will be a maxima lover once again
Old 05-02-2007, 06:37 AM

Dodge Viper 600hp on next years model coming out. Although, not quite as practical...but hey, neither is a Lambo or Ferrari
I'll stick with my imports...
Old 05-02-2007, 07:09 AM
dla

I must have turned off the "Hey man, someone stole your battery" message in all my previous max’s. Hum, how to turn it back on? I, like others have stated, am not overly surprised at where the max is at, and think it has lost some of its sporty appeal while gaining more room. At the same time it is very hard to overlook the capability of the VQ.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by 2LEET4U

to bad it will be FWD.... you know what that means guys.... No 300hp for us max lovers...

idk.... i think if they are trying to really "BREAK" grounds...

They'd keep the FWD, give an AWD option....

and get it over the 300HP hump WITH FWD

Now that would be impressive! Worth it.... mmm maybe not, prob would b easier to go RWD, but VERY impressive!

I'm game.... maybe 2010-11 i'll upgrade.

But to be honest, the CLS was my car I wanted to upgrade to in a few years if the money was right! i LOVE that car!
Old 05-02-2007, 07:57 AM
Banned

RWD is what they need to do, but they won't...even though 300hp at the front wheels is a bad idea. So they basically say they are going to make this great looking car but give it an achilles heel on purpose to avoid hurting the G. I hope it bombs.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Nietzsche
No kidding. I think I'd be repeating what everyne already knows...but

M35/45=Maxima
G35=Altima

The G comparison is as frustrating to me as when people call my Maxima an Altima...and when they called my Grand Prix a Grand Am.

Old 05-02-2007, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by DRod
M35/45=Maxima
G35=Altima
Where in God's name did you come up with that idea?
Old 05-02-2007, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by LA02MAX
Where in God's name did you come up with that idea?
sarcasm?
Old 05-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Newbie just Registered

I still don't get that these "Automobile Journalists" still compare Maximas to Camry's and Accords, when Maximas always had 6 cylinders and larger since 1st gen. Remember the Stanzas? I guess that's why they don't write for car mags.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by RHMax
I still don't get that these "Automobile Journalists" still compare Maximas to Camry's and Accords, when Maximas always had 6 cylinders and larger since 1st gen. Remember the Stanzas? I guess that's why they don't write for car mags.
The original article was from Automobile Magazine...
Old 05-02-2007, 01:15 PM

the g35 is rwd the sedan included! they just need to make themax a rwd car!!! and that settles it!!
Old 05-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Newbie just Registered

The original article was from Automobile Magazine...

That's even worse, no wonder I don't subscribe to that one.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:22 PM

WTF the owner of that CLS needs to be drawn and quartered...ol school style.

But anyway I kinda had the feeling that was the way the 7th gen was going to go because the 6th gen has a little bit of a four door coupe profile if you think about it.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:16 AM

RHMax - I agree with you that AWD will probably be an option on the '09 Maxima. If not at first, certainly by the 2011 model year mid-gen revamp.

I also agree that an AWD and or diesel version would probably run near or over $40. That sounds like a lot of money, but then most other quality vehicles are going up in price also.

I disagree with several others, who feel the '09 Maxima will not have/could not use 300 HP. The '09 Maxima will be a larger, heavier vehicle than the 6th gen, will have larger tires with more rubber gripping the road, and will easily handle (even need) 300HP.

I can also see where DRoD is coming from with the 7th gen Maxima/M comparison. The Maxima will be the 'poor man's M'. The Altima will be the 'poor man's G.' And, in either case, not that much poorer.

Those who feel that comparison to be a ridiculous one might consider waiting until they see the '09 Maxima (and it's window sticker) before saying too much. Market positioning of the '09 Maxima will be considerably different that that of the 6th gen Maxima, and totally different than that of the 5th gen.

The times they are a changin.'
Old 05-03-2007, 12:32 AM

ill just stick with my lamborgotti!
Old 05-03-2007, 01:49 AM

lamborgotti?????
Old 05-03-2007, 02:53 AM

hmmm makes you think about the infinity G.... wonder what it will look like in 2009??? G39 maybe????

I prefer keeping up with the car market when it comes to horsepower. I would rather trade my max in when 2009 comes around and get a used g37 sedan around that time...

300+ HP.... here i come.... sorry maxima!
Old 05-03-2007, 12:55 PM

hmmm makes you think about the infinity G.... wonder what it will look like in 2009??? G39 maybe????

I prefer keeping up with the car market when it comes to horsepower. I would rather trade my max in when 2009 comes around and get a used g37 sedan around that time...

300+ HP.... here i come.... sorry maxima!
The max will be 300+...... u wait.... u see!
Old 05-03-2007, 01:09 PM

people lets not forget the current oil crisis, it could really make or brake new designs, hp gains, for the upcoming years, they could make it vegetarian though, long live the corn.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:21 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

hehe, something of this flavor is expected from you

hint: I visited your blog recently
Old 05-03-2007, 07:52 PM

The higher gas prices go, the more oil company stock I buy. I guarantee their profit reports will be gilt-edged.

I am just thankful I get good gas mileage with my Maxima. Think about those folks driving Hummer-like tanks, and how it must hurt to pay nearly $100 for a tank of gas.

The change in the Maxima from the 6th to the 7th gen will be one that changes the world of Maxima drivers. It will complete the metamorphosis from 'hot, sporty affordable modder' to 'high performance luxmobile'.

It will be very interesting to see the tidbits and hints we will soon be seeing as Nissan begins to finalize the 2009 for release about one year from now.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:57 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
The higher gas prices go, the more oil company stock I buy. I guarantee their profit reports will be gilt-edged.

I am just thankful I get good gas mileage with my Maxima. Think about those folks driving Hummer-like tanks, and how it must hurt to pay nearly $100 for a tank of gas.
I hear you light, exact reason I went from Grand Cherokee Limited to a maxima. The JEEP was "drinking" gas like it was free. It was designed when gas was cheap and nobody expected the hike. In the 10 years I've been to US the gass more then quadrupled in price, yet the salaries overall are lower.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by RHMax
Anyway, I enjoy driving my gas guzzling cars. I just don't cruise around for no reasons. Govt don't do much in oil prices except taxing you for it, no matter which party is in charge. Didn't you learn this in high school?
Government, no matter what nation, can come down on a company, as easily, even easier as they do other nations.... and impact change...

ESPECIALLY when they are recording this RECORD breaking profits...

I'm not saying they can do it directly, but they can indirectly. REGARDless of party.

We pay taxes..... they SUPPOSE to work for us.... we DEPEND on gas....

But i'm sure the big oil has them in the pcket.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by Omarvelous
Government, no matter what nation, can come down on a company, as easily, even easier as they do other nations.... and impact change...

ESPECIALLY when they are recording this RECORD breaking profits...

I'm not saying they can do it directly, but they can indirectly. REGARDless of party.

We pay taxes..... they SUPPOSE to work for us.... we DEPEND on gas....

But i'm sure the big oil has them in the pcket.
Free enterprise, look it up! Record breaking profit is in dollar amount not percentage to each dollar make. In other words, $10 profit from $1000 sales is not the same as $5 from $100 sales. We bought more gasoline at higher price, so the profit in dollar is higher because of volume, simple math. Please do yourself a favor and look a little deeper than just at the headlines.

Quick Reply: 2009 Maxima 7th Gen info 5/07