7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Nissan Maxima Police Car

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 01:33 PM

2010 Nissan Maxima Police Car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bjtT...eature=related

lol @ "nission"

anyone ever see a 6th gen cop car? my roommate said he saw one but I cant find anything on one.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:26 PM

Background voice: 'Looks awesome, man; 2010 Nissan undercover unit.'

The little sticker in the lower corner of the driver's side of the windshield has the shape of the state of Texas on it.

This car was probably taken in a drug bust. The Tuscan Sun (red) exterior color only adds to the chances this vehicle would not be suspected as being an undercover unit.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:44 PM

That looks sick. Such a good looking undercover police car
Old 02-10-2010, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by rock_drummer
[url]anyone ever see a 6th gen cop car? my roommate said he saw one but I cant find anything on one.
your roommate probly mistook the altima hybrid cruiser for a 6th gen.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:07 PM

p.s. if i saw that light up behind me, id run for it. stock 7th gen couldnt keep up with a tuned max of any gen.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:29 PM

there is in fact at least one 6th gen undercover in nashville. ive seen it at night, it is a dark color. unsure exactly
Old 02-10-2010, 05:21 PM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by anomaly117
p.s. if i saw that light up behind me, id run for it. stock 7th gen couldnt keep up with a tuned max of any gen.
ya know because police vehicles are all stock
Old 02-10-2010, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
ya know because police vehicles are all stock
There not always all stock it depends on how the people that they took the car from had it. But if your talking about tuning wise from after the police get the car I do doubt that they spend the time and money to do so plus their fords and chargers that they have are chipped at the factory and designed to be what they are.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:33 PM

What mods do you have?
Old 02-10-2010, 05:53 PM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by KillaKam
There not always all stock it depends on how the people that they took the car from had it. But if your talking about tuning wise from after the police get the car I do doubt that they spend the time and money to do so plus their fords and chargers that they have are chipped at the factory and designed to be what they are.
that smilie = sarcasm.
thought it was common knowledge that cruisers are ordered with higher specs from the factory. do you really think the police go to a dealer and pick off the lot????

all are somewhat modified at least interior wise for police work. kinda sure the station doesnt do the mods inside. unless they for some reason let officers use their own cars?
Old 02-10-2010, 05:55 PM
Love my '09

And your tuned max of any gen isn't going to outrun the radio. Don't be asking ME for bailout money....
Old 02-10-2010, 05:56 PM

Sounds like someone is upset they can't own a 7th gen... Tissue?
Old 02-10-2010, 06:29 PM

i have seen a 6th gen maxima under cover cop in Sac town. car was silver, had lights in front and rear windows. pretty dope looking and it pulled over a camero ss haha
Old 02-10-2010, 06:35 PM

Cool car! I would never suspect that to be a cop car if it was behind me!

Originally Posted by Flip2cho
Who would be upset they couldn't own a "four door sports car" in only a CVT? Seriously
Old 02-10-2010, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by viperboy
Cool car! I would never suspect that to be a cop car if it was behind me!

Who would be upset they couldn't own a "four door sports car" in only a CVT? Seriously
I'm not going to get into a CVT argument on this thread but I have a whole box of tissues if you need one too I'd be happy to give ya one. But a good question is if you aren't sniffling b/c you don't own a 7th gen why are you pokin around in this section? Bored or just lonely? Here... take the whole box

Be careful... if you eat too many sour grapes you will spoil your dinner

Last edited by Flip2cho; 02-11-2010 at 03:45 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:16 PM

Maybe. But it could also be argued that no stock Maxima of any generation could keep up with a 'tuned' 7th gen (max speed limiter removed, etc). All depends on one's point of view.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:13 AM

I believe the popular term for this sort of post is "baiting". Beyond that, I doubt you'll find many Bo and Luke Dukes on any of the maxima.org boards.

Bottom line: My brother is bigger than your brother!!11!
Old 02-11-2010, 06:54 AM

I'm not going to get into a CVT argument on this thread but I have a whole box of tissues if you need one too I'd be happy to give ya one. But a good question is if you aren't sniffling b/c you don't own a 7th gen why are you pokin around in this section? Bored or just lonely?

Here... take the whole box

I have some tissues too if you need them!
Old 02-11-2010, 07:05 AM

I'm not going to get into a CVT argument on this thread but I have a whole box of tissues if you need one too I'd be happy to give ya one. But a good question is if you aren't sniffling b/c you don't own a 7th gen why are you pokin around in this section? Bored or just lonely? Here... take the whole box

It's called clicking on New Posts and reading threads. Just cause I don't own the awesome 7th gen 4DSC with the fantastic CVT transmission doesn't mean I don't read things in the 7th gen forum.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:22 AM

It's called clicking on New Posts and reading threads. Just cause I don't own the awesome 7th gen 4DSC with the fantastic CVT transmission doesn't mean I don't read things in the 7th gen forum.
Here is the CVT thread, knock yourself out I think Norm is getting lonely: http://forums.maxima.org/7th-generat...on-thread.html
Old 02-11-2010, 08:43 AM

You probably only read the 7th gen threads in hopes to see a post by someone who actually owns one talking about a problem or somthing they don't like about it, that way your sour grapes can taste a little bit more sour. To each his own... What ever makes you feel better..

Other than that, what other reason would you read the 7th gen threads if you dislike it so? I don't like gay **** so I don't go around reading forums about it. I guess maybe your different though.

Like I said, to each his own I guess. Read away...
Old 02-11-2010, 09:13 AM
Don't you know who I am?

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
that smilie = sarcasm.
thought it was common knowledge that cruisers are ordered with higher specs from the factory. do you really think the police go to a dealer and pick off the lot????

all are somewhat modified at least interior wise for police work. kinda sure the station doesnt do the mods inside. unless they for some reason let officers use their own cars?
While I agree you couldn't really call the cruisers "stock", the common misconception that police cruisers are more powerful or faster than their civilian prepared counterparts is generally misguided. In all actuality, a car that has been converted for police use generally accelerates slower than its civilian counterpart.

Allow me to explain. Just exactly how important is it for a law enforcement vehicle to accelerate faster than other cars on the road? Actually, not very at all. Obviously, you can't catch an M5 in a mack truck... but still, the cruiser only needs to be quick enough to catch up with the majority of cars on the road. And catching up to them does NOT mean out-accelerating them. It just means going faster than them.

If you have a fast car that goes from 30-70 in 10 seconds, and a police cruiser does it in 14 seconds... you have a 4 second jump on him. You certainly haven't gotten away. One may argue that the faster car doesn't need to stop accelerating and will eventually get away... but if the speed limit is 30... chances are you can't go much faster than 70 without losing control (whereas the police cruiser can... more on this later). Either way, you haven't escaped, you probably have 4-5 cruisers looking for you by now, and your "faster car" has gotten you no where but in more trouble.

On highway runs where the speeds can get much higher, to 100+ or so, there is also a lot fewer places for you to go. You can never outrun the radio, and in 99% of cars on the road, any speed advantage you may have in accelerating will not be enough for you to get out of the sight of the police cruiser with nothing to block his vision of you. Again, your toasted.

So now that we have established that police departments and municipalities don't need to spend much needed budget dollars on speeding their cruiser's acceleration up... just how do they modify them, and why are they slower?

Well, the modifications they do make are why the cars are slower. They're a lot heavier than their stock counterparts. This is because police cruisers have lights, computers, electric generators, radios, speed dectecting equipment, first aid/medical response equipment, emergency fire equipment, seperation cages, firearms and ammunition, ram-guards, and last but certainly not least, suspension upgrades.

The primary modifications made for running down cars are suspension related. It is much more important for the cruiser to be superior with high speed driving than actually getting to those high speeds quicker. Because the maximum speed a car can go is ruled more by the road its driving on than the engine it's powered by, it is more helpful for the police cruiser to have the ability of travelling faster on a given road than the car it's chasing, even if it takes it a few seconds longer to get to that speed. A police interceptor can easily travel 75 mph on a road where 99% of cars out there begin to struggle at 65. This also keeps the officer safer during high-speed pursuit.

As for the "chipped" or "tuned" cruisers you hear about... I have to admit that I am not well researched on the new chargers some departments are running... most of what I know is relative to the crown victoria. It is indeed possible that different computer settings may give a small boost to these cars, however, I can't find it likely that this would be advantageous at all. The cars are NOT turbocharged or supercharged, so the gains from a tune are limited to the point where their impact would be hardly noticeable, especially given the increased weight.

It's much more likely that the alternative computer software is aimed at allowing the cars to safely idle for much longer periods of time than standard cars do, seeing as your standard police cruiser will probably spend 3+ hours a day at idle. The "chips" and "tunes" are also going to be necessary for the car to properly handle all the additional electronics a police car will utilize.

Just some food for thought. A car running a 13.5 second quarter mile is considered A WHOLE EFFIN LOT FASTER than a car that runs a 16 second quarter. But that 2.5 second advantage is still 2.5 seconds... it's relatively fast, but it isn't going to get you away from the police. Not when you're already at 100+ mph and you can't go any faster... but he sure can.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Rydicule
While I agree you couldn't really call the cruisers "stock", the common misconception that police cruisers are more powerful or faster than their civilian prepared counterparts is generally misguided. In all actuality, a car that has been converted for police use generally accelerates slower than its civilian counterpart.

Allow me to explain. Just exactly how important is it for a law enforcement vehicle to accelerate faster than other cars on the road? Actually, not very at all. Obviously, you can't catch an M5 in a mack truck... but still, the cruiser only needs to be quick enough to catch up with the majority of cars on the road. And catching up to them does NOT mean out-accelerating them. It just means going faster than them.

If you have a fast car that goes from 30-70 in 10 seconds, and a police cruiser does it in 14 seconds... you have a 4 second jump on him. You certainly haven't gotten away. One may argue that the faster car doesn't need to stop accelerating and will eventually get away... but if the speed limit is 30... chances are you can't go much faster than 70 without losing control (whereas the police cruiser can... more on this later). Either way, you haven't escaped, you probably have 4-5 cruisers looking for you by now, and your "faster car" has gotten you no where but in more trouble.

On highway runs where the speeds can get much higher, to 100+ or so, there is also a lot fewer places for you to go. You can never outrun the radio, and in 99% of cars on the road, any speed advantage you may have in accelerating will not be enough for you to get out of the sight of the police cruiser with nothing to block his vision of you. Again, your toasted.

So now that we have established that police departments and municipalities don't need to spend much needed budget dollars on speeding their cruiser's acceleration up... just how do they modify them, and why are they slower?

Well, the modifications they do make are why the cars are slower. They're a lot heavier than their stock counterparts. This is because police cruisers have lights, computers, electric generators, radios, speed dectecting equipment, first aid/medical response equipment, emergency fire equipment, seperation cages, firearms and ammunition, ram-guards, and last but certainly not least, suspension upgrades.

The primary modifications made for running down cars are suspension related. It is much more important for the cruiser to be superior with high speed driving than actually getting to those high speeds quicker. Because the maximum speed a car can go is ruled more by the road its driving on than the engine it's powered by, it is more helpful for the police cruiser to have the ability of travelling faster on a given road than the car it's chasing, even if it takes it a few seconds longer to get to that speed. A police interceptor can easily travel 75 mph on a road where 99% of cars out there begin to struggle at 65. This also keeps the officer safer during high-speed pursuit.

As for the "chipped" or "tuned" cruisers you hear about... I have to admit that I am not well researched on the new chargers some departments are running... most of what I know is relative to the crown victoria. It is indeed possible that different computer settings may give a small boost to these cars, however, I can't find it likely that this would be advantageous at all. The cars are NOT turbocharged or supercharged, so the gains from a tune are limited to the point where their impact would be hardly noticeable, especially given the increased weight.

It's much more likely that the alternative computer software is aimed at allowing the cars to safely idle for much longer periods of time than standard cars do, seeing as your standard police cruiser will probably spend 3+ hours a day at idle. The "chips" and "tunes" are also going to be necessary for the car to properly handle all the additional electronics a police car will utilize.

Just some food for thought. A car running a 13.5 second quarter mile is considered A WHOLE EFFIN LOT FASTER than a car that runs a 16 second quarter. But that 2.5 second advantage is still 2.5 seconds... it's relatively fast, but it isn't going to get you away from the police. Not when you're already at 100+ mph and you can't go any faster... but he sure can.

Everybody please take your seats. Class is now in session.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Maybe. But it could also be argued that no stock Maxima of any generation could keep up with a 'tuned' 7th gen (max speed limiter removed, etc). All depends on one's point of view.
Lol, who cares really. None of these cars with the 3.5 eng. 5.5 gen through 7th gen have a enough power to weight to walk each other, they all put down very similiar times. All short of a turbo and hecka mods no one is pulling no one like that, I have owned several Maximas and Z's and have respect for every gen. of Max and Z as I know you do as well! To some of the new comers, no one is jealous about not owning a 7th gen, around here we tend to visit other gens forums to learn and share.

Last edited by MONTE 01&97 SE; 02-11-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:49 PM

You probably only read the 7th gen threads in hopes to see a post by someone who actually owns one talking about a problem or somthing they don't like about it, that way your sour grapes can taste a little bit more sour. To each his own... What ever makes you feel better..

Other than that, what other reason would you read the 7th gen threads if you dislike it so? I don't like gay **** so I don't go around reading forums about it. I guess maybe your different though.

Like I said, to each his own I guess. Read away...
Yeah... that's probably what I do

God, with the whole "sour grapes" and "tissue" ****, you talk like my mom. WTF is wrong with you?
Old 02-11-2010, 12:55 PM

God, with the whole "sour grapes" and "tissue" ****, you talk like my mom. WTF is wrong with you?

This thread wins.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:10 PM

Hey now, temper temper.... No need to curse, don't get too worked up. On second thought, maybe it's a Midol and a tampon you need more than a tissue. And it's not my fault I'm starting to talk like you mother, she hangs around me too much... She thinks my 7th gen is SEXY!

But anyway, isn't this thread about a maxima undercover anyway? Back to the subject now...
Old 02-11-2010, 02:27 PM

Someone is Flippin2mucho
Old 02-11-2010, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by MONTE 01&97 SE
Lol, who cares really. None of these cars with the 3.5 eng. 5.5 gen through 7th gen have a enough power to weight to walk each other, they all put down very similiar times. All short of a turbo and hecka mods no one is pulling no one like that, I have owned several Maximas and Z's and have respect for every gen. of Max and Z as I know you do as well! To some of the new comers, no one is jealous about not owning a 7th gen, around here we tend to visit other gens forums to learn and share.
Of course nobody cares. I have owned nothing but Maximas for 25 1/2 years, and have never raced a single one of them. I love all Maxima generations. I was merely pointing out the utter vacuousness of anomaly117's totally meaningless post, just in case a newby here might tend to give it undeserved cred.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Of course nobody cares. I have owned nothing but Maximas for 25 1/2 years, and have never raced a single one of them. I love all Maxima generations. I was merely pointing out the utter vacuousness of anomaly117's totally meaningless post, just in case a newby here might tend to give it undeserved cred.
I know light, you are like me. I guess my wording came across harsh, its all good!
Old 02-11-2010, 10:02 PM

Hey now, temper temper.... No need to curse, don't get too worked up. On second thought, maybe it's a Midol and a tampon you need more than a tissue. And it's not my fault I'm starting to talk like you mother, she hangs around me too much... She thinks my 7th gen is SEXY!

But anyway, isn't this thread about a maxima undercover anyway? Back to the subject now...
And atleast she can drive it cause its a ChitVT!! I remember her making a comment about some guys compensating for something. Must have been you...
Old 02-12-2010, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by MONTE 01&97 SE
I know light, you are like me. I guess my wording came across harsh, its all good!
In actuality, your statement in response to my earlier post is the exact truth. Power-to-weight ratios would indicate most Maximas are essentially somewhat even in many respects. Most stock Maximas will have fairly similar elapsed times, etc.

If there was an edge in my response, I apologize. That edge would have been because my mind was still thinking of the laugh anomaly117 was probably getting over the stir his remark had created here. We all know that is exactly what he wanted. I should never have given him the pleasure of a response.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:23 AM

Yeah well the Canadian hockey team is going to destroy the US hockey team in the olympics. Also, Karl Marx was a genius.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Love my '09

The CVT VS MT bash thread is stickied so folks can bash away at each other and their cars. it's 'mostly' left alone and not over moderated by any mods of the forum. It's about the only thread in the 7th gen area that I won't really lock down/delete posts unless it gets too out of hand or personal.

Please refrain from regular posts (like this one) turning into an insult-fest and bash-fest.

Thanks!!!!
Old 02-12-2010, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by MaxLoverAz
Here is the CVT thread, knock yourself out I think Norm is getting lonely: http://forums.maxima.org/7th-generat...on-thread.html
LMFAO!!
Old 02-12-2010, 06:14 PM
Turbo'd Saab

Originally Posted by FrankA33
Someone is Flippin2mucho
^This.

He needs that box of tissues for spending $40k on a FWD car.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by DrunkieTheBear
^This.

He needs that box of tissues for spending $40k on a FWD car.
and getting a car a GTP can walk! Haha
Old 03-07-2010, 07:42 PM

Most cop cars are American cars?!
Old 03-08-2010, 12:51 PM

nope never seen any in Cleveland Ohio... a lot of impalas, hummers h2, charger, ford explorer, and crown Victoria.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:03 PM

Looks good, but I'd never spend that much money on an undercover car.

Pointless post.

Pointless reply bashing said post(s). You sound like you came in here looking for any argument. Sounds to me like you're more upset you wasted all that money on a torque-steering FWD beast.

Quick Reply: 2010 Nissan Maxima Police Car