Tires and Wheels Rubber, and lots of rubber in all kinds of sizes. What do you use when it's freezing? What do you use when it's hot? You want sticky rubbers? How about rubbers that will last a long time? Find your perfect rubber in here.

225/35 on my 18 x 9.5 rims with D2 Coilovers!

Old 01-30-2010, 06:43 PM

225/35 on my 18 x 9.5 rims with D2 Coilovers!

i put on the D2 Coilovers tha i got off TMEC.... Im running a 225/35 on 18 x 9.5 with a +30 offset...
this is a picture showing the strech difference between my old and new setup.... the smaller one is a 225/35 on a 18 x 7 and the other is 225/35 with the 9.5

it is just the right amount of strech and the sidewall comes nowhere near the road surface....

with the streched tires i dont have cut or roll the front or rear fenders

i think this the wheel gap i will be running....

these wheels are Sport Bronze but really do change ALOT depending on the angle you are at.... but i cant wait to see them on a summer day
Old 01-30-2010, 06:48 PM

*faints* those p45s are vicious..love teh tire stretch...good look man
Old 01-30-2010, 07:49 PM

stretch is sick with the drop. looks great
Old 01-30-2010, 07:57 PM

those r sick..
Old 01-30-2010, 08:27 PM

suchhh a nice setup, congrats
Old 02-01-2010, 03:17 PM

Not bad at all.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:27 PM

That looks great. More shots of the entire car please.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:49 PM
You embarrass me.

Looks nice. More pics of the car please.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:05 PM

Nice wheels, but it's a bit silly to put those skinny tires with such low profile on 9.5" wheels.
Be careful.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:04 AM
My axles cry for mercy...

Originally Posted by digitalbow
Nice wheels, but it's a bit silly to put those skinny tires with such low profile on 9.5" wheels.
Be careful.
Not in this case. This is just another example of stretching for clearance purposes

Now if one were to stretch just to say "hey everyone! look at my uber stretched tires!" Thats a different story.

Stretching to promote better wheel fitment = good
Stretching to try and look uber cool = bad
Old 02-02-2010, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by essential1
Not in this case. This is just another example of stretching for clearance purposes

Now if one were to stretch just to say "hey everyone! look at my uber stretched tires!" Thats a different story.

i have another scenario

stretching because you are on a budget and the tires are cheaper = good lol

i was suppose to put 245s on my 8" wheel but i put 235s

jus sayin lol I'M BROKE lol. i cant wait for some official pics of this car, i absolutely love the p45s
Old 02-02-2010, 08:43 AM

I hear you, but at the end of the day, an unexpected blowout or other tire failure pays no mind to the owner's intended purpose when they deliberately or unknowingly sacrifice the integrity and safety of the wheel/tire setup. Where I live, a majority of the highly reputable shops will not even do some of the more extreme 'stretch' setups because of the liability.

Originally Posted by phatboislim
I think you should still be in spec with 235mm tires, given you did the math on the profile to get a similar diameter to whatever else you had previously.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by phatboislim
i have another scenario

stretching because you are on a budget and the tires are cheaper = good lol

jus sayin lol I'M BROKE lol. i cant wait for some official pics of this car, i absolutely love the p45s
I feel you bro. lol
Old 02-02-2010, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by digitalbow
I hear you, but at the end of the day, an unexpected blowout or other tire failure pays no mind to the owner's intended purpose when they deliberately or unknowingly sacrifice the integrity and safety of the wheel/tire setup. Where I live, a majority of the highly reputable shops will not even do some of the more extreme 'stretch' setups because of the liability.

I think you should still be in spec with 235mm tires, given you did the math on the profile to get a similar diameter to whatever else you had previously.
yea its no super stretch by any means...just looks like a shorter profile since the width is slightly smaller of course. but other than that...i'm satisfied...a set of dunlop sport tires for $185 w/ at least 90% tread...yea i'm not mad lol
Old 02-02-2010, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by zero2sixtyZ
Looks nice. More pics of the car please.
Before we lowered the car in the rear.....

I love the Flush wheel look!!!!

Old 02-02-2010, 10:04 PM

that looks pretty good man
Old 02-02-2010, 10:17 PM

its looks great, I wanna see moar
Old 02-04-2010, 10:26 AM

This makes me miss owning a 4th gen. (all 3 of them)
Old 02-04-2010, 03:07 PM

ok so i definatly need to do this with my setup.. hate how it looks in the front so i'm definatly changing my tires!!

i love the color scheme you have going on to!!
Old 02-06-2010, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Keem

I like that 'stretch'. Otherwise, this looks like something from a VW forum.

IMHO (not an attack), 'stretch'ing for clearance means you have the wrong size (width or offset) wheels or need some body work (roll, flare, etc...). This becomes regretable as the wheels can be easily curbed.

My fitment: 245mm tires on 9in, +35mm wheels.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:38 PM

wow, those sit flush, nice wheels!

looking good, keep the pics coming...
Old 02-06-2010, 03:43 PM

Pure Hotness.!! Those strethced tires are soo sick.! Nice choice of wheels too.!
Old 02-06-2010, 06:19 PM

Looks good. FYI 245s fit fine with just rolled fenders. If I were running a 225 I would just be tempted to space it out more
Old 02-06-2010, 07:55 PM
retired moderator

Please....let's not try to act like he didn't do it for looks. He certainly didn't do it for performance.

Look, there's nothing at all wrong doing things for looks, but damn...just admit it is for looks and not for some magical "correct fitament" - because neither those wheels nor those tires are "correct" fitament for a maxima

And pairing that with D2's must make for some terrible handling and ride...

btw, OP - I do like the wheels. Just not the size.

Last edited by irish44j; 02-06-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by irish44j
Please....let's not try to act like he didn't do it for looks. He certainly didn't do it for performance.

Look, there's nothing at all wrong doing things for looks, but damn...just admit it is for looks and not for some magical "correct fitament" - because neither those wheels nor those tires are "correct" fitament for a maxima

I understand what your saying. And no disrespect to you at all but I dont think you understand what I meant by looks.

I agree that people run aggressive or "flush" wheels for looks. Thats what I do. And thats what the OP is doing. The stretch on the tire is just there to help get the wheel closer to the fender. That is it's only purpose.

And there is no wrong or right fitment for a maxima. People build their car for many different reasons. When we bought our maximas, Nissan didnt tell us that we can only use our cars for only auto-x, drag racing, time attack, as show cars, etc. And even though the car was never meant for any off that, it can perform just as good, if not better than a good amount of the feild in all of the above categories.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:28 AM

I'll add another opinion to counter to the hella flush proponents.

I understand what your saying. And no disrespect to you at all but I dont think you understand what I meant by looks.

I agree that people run aggressive or "flush" wheels for looks. Thats what I do. And thats what the OP is doing. The stretch on the tire is just there to help get the wheel closer to the fender. That is it's only purpose.
Stretching a tire doesn't bring the rim closer to the fender, it simply allows the use of an improperly sized wheel (width or offset).

And there is no wrong or right fitment for a maxima. People build their car for many different reasons. When we bought our maximas, Nissan didnt tell us that we can only use our cars for only auto-x, drag racing, time attack, as show cars, etc. And even though the car was never meant for any off that, it can perform just as good, if not better than a good amount of the feild in all of the above categories.
Actually, there are correct and incorrect wheel and tire fitments for every vehicle; I'm not implying places like tire rack give definitive answers (overly conservative). For a given fender to suspension clearance with a target tire diameter, there is an optimal tire size. If using a wheel restricts tire size to less than the optimal solution, it is a marginal (incorrect) fitment. The trend towards to 'stretched' tires for clearance is the perfect example of force fitting improper wheel sizes.

Please note there is a difference between aggressive and hella flush fitment; aggressive uses all available space.

Also note the Maxima doesn't do many of the things you listed (auto-x, drag, show, time attack, cure cancer, etc...) better than the 'field', OMGBBQWTF Hater. It is a quick front drive (wrong wheel drive) family sedan, of which there are many.

Although, these guys will like it: http://fatlace.com/hellaflush/theflu...ellaflush.html

EDIT: added note that FWD=wrong wheel drive, yes, I am one of those people.

Last edited by 2slow; 02-07-2010 at 08:49 AM.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:03 AM

thats nice, wish I could lower mine but is a DD on dubs
Old 02-07-2010, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by irish44j

It is correct (ish, see my opinion below) fitment in this context though. It's just a style. You have already stated many times that you don't like it; doesn't mean it's "incorrect".

In regards to the wheel size, you can run 9.5 +30-40 no problem with a good size tire if you don't have a vagina. I ran 18x9.5 +35 with 245/40s when I was dumped before my current wheels without issues. If you raise the car a bit, roll and do a slight pull one can easily run 255+ tires on that size.

+40 offset should allow for 275s...

My opinion: Too much of a stretch for that size. If the OP wasn't a lazy *** he could have easily rolled the fenders and ran 245s, which is hardly a stretch at all. If you haven't noticed, I'm not a big fan of massive stretches. Stretch only as much as you need to. If you need to expose the barrel, then your wheels are too wide or you didn't do enough fender work.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:28 PM

i put on the D2 Coilovers tha i got off TMEC.... Im running a 225/35 on 18 x 9.5 with a +30 offset...
this is a picture showing the strech difference between my old and new setup.... the smaller one is a 225/35 on a 18 x 7 and the other is 225/35 with the 9.5

it is just the right amount of strech and the sidewall comes nowhere near the road surface....

with the streched tires i dont have cut or roll the front or rear fenders

i think this the wheel gap i will be running....

these wheels are Sport Bronze but really do change ALOT depending on the angle you are at.... but i cant wait to see them on a summer day
thats sex!!
Old 02-08-2010, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Fast1one
It is correct (ish, see my opinion below) fitment in this context though. It's just a style. You have already stated many times that you don't like it; doesn't mean it's "incorrect".

In regards to the wheel size, you can run 9.5 +30-40 no problem with a good size tire if you don't have a vagina. I ran 18x9.5 +35 with 245/40s when I was dumped before my current wheels without issues. If you raise the car a bit, roll and do a slight pull one can easily run 255+ tires on that size.

+40 offset should allow for 275s...

My opinion: Too much of a stretch for that size. If the OP wasn't a lazy *** he could have easily rolled the fenders and ran 245s, which is hardly a stretch at all. If you haven't noticed, I'm not a big fan of massive stretches. Stretch only as much as you need to. If you need to expose the barrel, then your wheels are too wide or you didn't do enough fender work.
Well put. "stretch only as much as you need to" is what i've been trying to get at. I'm not big into exposing the barrel at all either. But there are a few cases where (In my opinion) certain cars just dont look right with too much fender work. And then thats when you throw some camber into the picture. And again, like everthing else... you cant go over board with it. If all that fails, bring the width/offset down.

Bottom line, the OP loves this setup, he's happy with it. So it's all good in my eyes.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:45 PM

You can achieve the flush look with fat tires too. I do agree that a mild stretch is a nice touch, but too much is nasty. I had 225/45 on 9j and I kinda like it but I love fat tires more. 245/45 on 9j = win
Old 02-08-2010, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by IHAVEA2KMAXIMA
You can achieve the flush look with fat tires too. I do agree that a mild stretch is a nice touch, but too much is nasty. I had 225/45 on 9j and I kinda like it but I love fat tires more. 245/45 on 9j = win
Define "flush"? If you are slammed, you can't achieve wheel flush with fender look without stretching on our cars, period. You will need at least a slight stretch.

It's much easier on other cars since they actually have camber curves in the rear + adjustable control arms. Otherwise, you are going to run right into the fender under compression.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:01 PM

I setup will still need to adjusted, more rear camber will be put in. But i might still mess around with the fenders. im might be painting my car.. if i do then i might as well do the work on the fenders.

I also just picked up 4 piston calipers......

Old 02-09-2010, 11:45 PM

You do realize that you can't adjust the rear camber on our cars, right?
Old 02-10-2010, 12:34 AM

I think a lot of you don't understant to get the flush look with the wheels he has is pretty hard to do. The offset starts at 30 then goes down fron there. I have th same setup but lowered on springs. I'm running a 245/45 and even though the tire is bigger it still doesn't look as nice as his setup is. To each and thier own.

Last edited by NismoVQdet?; 02-10-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:24 AM
a.k.a. STuNtMAN

Looks sick keep up the great work
Old 02-10-2010, 05:33 AM

more rear camber will be put in.

And my favorite part about wide/low offset wheels on our cars is how much tire is exposed from this angle. It gives the car that fat look.

Get ready for the "Wait, your car isnt RWD?" comments.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Fast1one
Define "flush"? If you are slammed, you can't achieve wheel flush with fender look without stretching on our cars, period. You will need at least a slight stretch.

It's much easier on other cars since they actually have camber curves in the rear + adjustable control arms. Otherwise, you are going to run right into the fender under compression.
Obviously I dont mean the HellaFlush kind of flush, but just close enough with just a tiny bit of room to play with. But if you must be slammed, then yes stretch is a 100% must.
This was with 245/40 but I now have 245/45 (sorry no picture yet)
Old 02-11-2010, 04:34 PM

Just wait a few weeks.... Rear Camber on the way.....
Old 02-11-2010, 04:40 PM

Just wait a few weeks.... Rear Camber on the way.....
How do you plan on adjusting rear camber?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 225/35 on my 18 x 9.5 rims with D2 Coilovers!