6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Tried searching head hurts Noob :( Audio Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 04:29 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Tried searching head hurts Noob :( Audio Question

I have only just purchased an old 2005 Maxima, it has this stereo set up, it sounds aweful, I have found heaps of info on other units just not this particular one, am I just looking wrong, I feel very frustrated hate having to ask amd annoy people, but basically I want to connect a phone to it and be able to drive better speakers cause the 4 factory ones arent cutting it, other than that the cars pretty sensational for a 12yr old
Old 05-21-2017, 10:03 AM

Ummm..not sure what you purchased but it is definitely not a 2005 maxima
Old 05-21-2017, 11:07 AM

Anyone can correct me if im wrong, but 2005 is the same as 04-06 and this is not like any in those years. I have a 2006, btw.
Old 05-21-2017, 11:48 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Its australian delivered 2005 maxima same engines same trans, try and find info on this radio nothing
Old 05-21-2017, 02:53 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Do I just assume you guys only know stuff about the American specified Maximas call it quits and look elsewhere?? The hesd unit is similar in the Japenese Teana but all their forums I cant read :/
Old 05-21-2017, 05:03 PM
Banned

Thats not the audio system I had in my 6th gen. Whatever it is, Id replace it as it was a Bose piece of **** to begin with from new sounded like ****.
Old 05-21-2017, 06:26 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Would love to replace hence why I am here asking, this is the original factory intergrated piece of garbage it was released with over here, will just have to find out whether I can replace the while centre with another arrangement from another model
Old 05-22-2017, 02:16 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Ok so here it is, 6th gen released in Australia has this crap rubbish intergrated rubbish, the best I have found is I can get usb/bluetooth/aux attachments that connect into the cd changer port in the rear of the unit, in addition to this to improve sound quality delivered from this unit an aftermarket amplifier/equaliser/optimiser etc depending on your $$$$ can also be fitted, it just uses the output from original speaker wires works its magic and presto better end result, I havent priced them yet though but the ones I found and will be looking more into are supplied by Stinger Australia and distibutors are listed on their website as I said no idea of price or quality have no idea but at least of anyone reads this from Aussie Land they have somewhere to go start searching.