6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

'04 Maxima factory alarm

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 01:03 PM

'04 Maxima factory alarm

I purchased my Maxima from a dealership and the chirp and light flash don't work and I was told the factory alarm was "disabled." If this is true then how do I re-enable the alarm? I have issues with the lights flash when it's being locked but, nothing else not even chirps. I have tried doing the settings over and over with no luck. Can I get some help or maybe a push in the right direction?
Old 12-23-2013, 03:54 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Default How to Set Your Horn Chirp (ON/OFF) With Remote
There may be times where you are wondering these two things:

Why doesn't my car beep when I lock the doors?

How do I get rid of that annoying horn beep when I lock my doors. Well below are your answers.

These are the two modes that you can set through your remote:

1) Hazard mode where only your hazards flash when you lock the car with the remote. (No Horn Honks)

2) Hazard and horn mode where the horn honks.

To switch between modes:
Push the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for more than 2 seconds to switch from one mode to the other. When pushing the buttons to set hazard indicator only mode, the hazard indicator flashes 3 times. When pushing the buttons to set hazard indicator and horn mode, the hazard indicator flashes once and the horn chirps once.

In Simple Terms:
You press lock and unlock simultaneously on the fob, until you see the indicator lights on the car flash 3 times. This indicates the horn mode is now switched off. If you do it again it will switch horn mode on.

Please Note: If you change the horn beep or the lamp flash feature with the keyfob, the mode will not be changed with the in dash display settings. Use the keyfob to return to the previous mode and re-enable with the in dash display settings control.

Read more: http://my6thgen.org/f105/how-set-you...#ixzz2oLSZkhZc < lots of 6gen info her, good idea to join

Last edited by Machinist; 12-23-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:35 PM

Metoo??

I too posted a similar question -

HOW do I enable, set, arm; whatever youd like to call it.. my FACTORY ALARM?

And what the limitations of it?
My last vehicle had a python which was beyond words almost in terms of features, yet simple to arm & disarm!?!