6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

6th gen vs altima se-r

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by VQMagic
Well said. 6 speed se-r trap right around 99-101 with a good driver Stock. Average driver around 96 or so. They're a drivers race between 5.5 6 speeds though. I'm pretty sure most Altima 3.5's edge out the 6th gens especially the 5 speed manual SE's.
ya know I am willing to meet anyone out at the track (irwindale) who is local and wants to put this all to the test. I would love to meet up, put in some runs, shoot the shi* and talk shop! I always have a lot of fun when I am there racing equally matched cars. It sucks going up against a turbo, nos, drag radial civic running 7 second 1/8 miles... makes me mad lol
Old 03-01-2013, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by twentyeggs
dude, when i say 4 years younger I am saying the car is younger, his was made in 2008 making his car 4 years younger than mine, not 4 years older. get it? And yes there are 2008 altima coups even though in the sentence I wrote that in, i wasn't specifically talking about coups made in 2008 but rather any year.

Let me tell you something about magazine drag times. They are 100% wrong, and if they happen to be right every once in a while, the author made a mistake lol they say the dodge charger can do 0-60 in high 4's seconds, when that is bull. Our cars can give a dodge charger a HUGE run for the money. So tell me, how can a 4 second 0-60 car have difficulty with 6th gens? because the mag times are crap and they built the car too heavy srt8 or not. They say a Camero SS (auto) can do 0-60 in under 5 seconds, 4.2 (manual) . I drove around a auto SS for a week and a half and never got better than 6.4 ect...

All i can attest to is what I have seen and experienced in person. I have no problem with the SER being faster, because it should be faster IMO. But if you didn't know they come tuned DOWN from the factory. So the power coming from the crank is lower in the altima than the maxima (not by much) The power and torque reach peak power at lower RPM and doesn't drop off too much at redline which explains why the acceleration is more efficient. So when you look at it, the specs tell all, and they explain why the maxima stock for stock is faster than the SER. i don't know whether or not the max and alti have different drive trains, I would bet they do, so there is another factor in the case the alti's drive train is less efficient.

There is something car manufactorers term (i can't remember the word) but basically they don't make their cheaper cars faster than their flagships. The maxima is the flagship, the altima is the downgrade. They would never make the altima faster for business purposes. when porche made the Boxter, their first prototype was too fast and didn't leave much difference between that and the carrera. So they tuned it down. Business my friend. Nissan would rather sell a maxima than an altima any day.
Well you certainly cleared one thing up didn't you.. what you cleared up is that you have no idea what you're talking about. They only made the SER in 2005 and 2006. Hence the reason I said the SER could only be a year or two younger than your car and also the reason why there is no SER coupe. I don't know what transmission you have in your 2004 but the 6MT and 5AT for both cars are exactly the same right down to the FD. I'm not even going to touch your "less efficient" comment. I'm well aware of the tuned down engine differences to the insurmountable difference of 5 (five) whopping horsepower. One thing you'll never be able to tune is the nearly 200 additional pounds the Max carries around. Anybody who knows what they're talking about will tell you that they would take that much less weight over 5hp at the strip or on the track any day. While I agree with your comment about Nissan wanting to sell more Maxima's and how brands essentially won't make a better/faster product for less i will remind you that the base SER stickered for $3k more than a base Maxima.

I'm not going to argue what you've experienced (already touched on that) and I'm not going to argue how you just unravelled the credibility of a billion dollar industry with your claims that they lie. I think I've made my point.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by DrewSER
Well you certainly cleared one thing up didn't you.. what you cleared up is that you have no idea what you're talking about. They only made the SER in 2005 and 2006. Hence the reason I said the SER could only be a year or two younger than your car and also the reason why there is no SER coupe. I don't know what transmission you have in your 2004 but the 6MT and 5AT for both cars are exactly the same right down to the FD. I'm not even going to touch your "less efficient" comment. I'm well aware of the tuned down engine differences to the insurmountable difference of 5 (five) whopping horsepower. One thing you'll never be able to tune is the nearly 200 additional pounds the Max carries around. Anybody who knows what they're talking about will tell you that they would take that much less weight over 5hp at the strip or on the track any day. While I agree with your comment about Nissan wanting to sell more Maxima's and how brands essentially won't mke a better/faster product for less i will remind you that the base SER stickered for $3k more than a base Maxima.

I'm not going to argue what you've experienced (already touched on that) and I'm not going to argue how you just unravelled the credibility of a billion dollar industry with your claims that they lie. I think I've made my point.
The only point you made was I didn't understand the difference between the SER and the 3.5 model. Truthfully, i just don't give a **** about the altima. Its not a car I would ever consider buying. And with the tone in which you replied.. twice.. I am going to congratulate you on letting the wedged panties in your *** raise your voice an octave. Look bro, this **** doesn't mean a damn thing to me, I was just trying to make conversation about the 3.5 maxima vs 3.5 altima and because of my lack of interest in the history of the Altima thought the upgraded 3.5 alti was the SER. should I expect a lawsuit?

But take a step back, Its a joke you get so mad about these town cars. I've got a caged, race built corvette that does 0-60 in mid 4's. If you wanna get emotional about race talk give me a car worth talking about. I bough my maxima because its comfortable, respectable to drive and its faster than most cars in this class. random and curious question here: why is it 9 times out of 10 when i see an altima at a street light, it has some sort of body damage?

This is kinda why I fell off this .org since I bought my vette. You guys cry about any injustice when it comes to something insignificant, attacking my background knowledge on **** I've never cared about like its a big deal. I am down for a debate, but when i see obvious signs of distress coming from someone who eats breaths and lives ****ty quality cars, I laugh. You have nothing to talk about that is of any importance.

You guys want to debate something, than debate, don't throw your passive aggressive tone and insults into the end of every sentence of a reply. Be a d*** up front, or behave like an adult i can deal with either of those. I can't deal with smug jerk who drives a car i can buy for around 10k.

Last edited by twentyeggs; 03-02-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:20 PM

The only point you made was I didn't understand the difference between the SER and the 3.5 model. Truthfully, i just don't give a **** about the altima. Its not a car I would ever consider buying. And with the tone in which you replied.. twice.. I am going to congratulate you on letting the wedged panties in your *** raise your voice an octave. Look bro, this **** doesn't mean a damn thing to me, I was just trying to make conversation about the 3.5 maxima vs 3.5 altima and because of my lack of interest in the history of the Altima thought the upgraded 3.5 alti was the SER. should I expect a lawsuit?

But take a step back, Its a joke you get so mad about these town cars. I've got a caged, race built corvette that does 0-60 in mid 4's. If you wanna get emotional about race talk give me a car worth talking about. I bough my maxima because its comfortable, respectable to drive and its faster than most cars in this class. random and curious question here: why is it 9 times out of 10 when i see an altima at a street light, it has some sort of body damage?

This is kinda why I fell off this .org since I bought my vette. You guys cry about any injustice when it comes to something insignificant, attacking my background knowledge on **** I've never cared about like its a big deal. I am down for a debate, but when i see obvious signs of distress coming from someone who eats breaths and lives ****ty quality cars, I laugh. You have nothing to talk about that is of any importance.

You guys want to debate something, than debate, don't throw your passive aggressive tone and insults into the end of every sentence of a reply. Be a d*** up front, or behave like an adult i can deal with either of those. I can't deal with smug jerk who drives a car i can buy for around 10k.
For someone who doesn't give a *** you sure sound mad as *** cuzzz

Last edited by VQMagic; 03-02-2013 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:59 PM

Hahaha, you're a bitter i***t but at least you're entertaining. The point(s) I made is that you don't know what you're talking about and those who don't shouldn't talk like they do. That's the bottom line homeslice so stick to whatever you actually do know and be merry.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:01 PM

I'm so late to this party. I'd say if you want sportiness definitely go for SER...that is stock for stock comparison. We know you can do "work" on a Maxima to turn it into somewhat of a beast. But I've owned all Nissans since 1997. Grant it only 3 (2 Altima's and my current 2008 maxima). Maxima beats the Altima in ride quality which is what's important to me. I live only 10 minutes from a Nissan dealership and honestly test drove every iteration of Altimas (Yes SER version included) and Maximas that come out...even the updates between generations. Theres just something about the ride quality of a Maxima that the Altima can never or has ever replicated. However, the SER is a beautiful car too. I fell in love with my 02 Altima the day I saw it and purchased it based on the looks. After a little while I started criticising the cheap interior materials and cost cutting that 2nd gen (2002) had. It was very poor and cheap. The SER was that same generation but updated interior cause it was 2005-2006 I believe. If you can find Red, please get Red. So rare. I can't remember the last time I've seen an SER...OMG...just realized this!!!

Last edited by Maxima2008; 03-02-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:55 AM

Hahaha, you're a bitter i***t but at least you're entertaining. The point(s) I made is that you don't know what you're talking about and those who don't shouldn't talk like they do. That's the bottom line homeslice so stick to whatever you actually do know and be merry.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:59 AM

mad as *** cuzzz..cuzz...cuzzz...cuzz...

I aint yo cuzzzsin yo!

***? ***? ***? ***? ***? fuk?

Last edited by twentyeggs; 03-03-2013 at 01:03 AM.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:14 AM

WTF Happened in Here more Nissan vs Nissan, Altima vs Maxima, Damn....
Old 03-03-2013, 05:50 AM

mad as *** cuzzz..cuzz...cuzzz...cuzz...

I aint yo cuzzzsin yo!

***? ***? ***? ***? ***? fuk?
You're obviously unaware
Old 03-03-2013, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Rods03Max619
WTF Happened in Here more Nissan vs Nissan, Altima vs Maxima, Damn....
Not exactly. Somebody posts misinformation and gets corrected, he comes back in with his little man syndrome and makes an *** of himself once again.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:12 AM

WTF Happened in Here
Eggs happened in here... He must have burned his eyeball with a splatter of molten metal again. (see my sig quote)
Old 03-03-2013, 07:13 AM

I just came across this one

Old 03-03-2013, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by T_Behr904
I just came across this one

I raise you
Old 03-03-2013, 07:23 AM

I raise you
Call

Old 03-03-2013, 07:26 AM

Call

OK I'm done.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by ivorton23
wow that looks really good! got any pics of it in the light??
I havent taken any yet.Im working on my dash and door panels again.Once im done ill post some pics
Old 03-04-2013, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by po8pimp
Can you please tell me how you got the shift lights and the cup holder lights? where to buy and how to install would be awesome. Would go great with my leds. Thanks
Sure.Ebay sells it.Search it under EL WIRE or Neon Rope (and the color that you want).
It comes as one long rope/wire.One end has the "connection".It plugs on this driver/adapter that comes with it.They have the driver/adapter that runs with 2 AA batteries,one that plugs in the cigarette lighter(12V),and another one (12V also) that has 2 wires(+ & -) that can be hooked up wherever you want.I have mine hooked up with the lights switch.Once lights on,they turn on.
Also another thing you're ought to know...You have to be capable cut,splice,solder,figure out the + and - INSIDE the neon rope.
The eBay guy warned me that the job has to e done by a "professional" if i wanna cut the wire.If you have experience with soldering and tiny stuff,you'll get it going after a few tries.
Oh i also used HeatShrink rubbers to isolate the solder(as wires inside the neon rope are REALLY thin and tend to break)
Hope this helps.Good luck
Old 03-04-2013, 03:51 PM

whoa...this is startin to get outta hand man...didn't think it woulda gotten like this...ppl arguing and sh**....dammnnn! lol
Old 03-05-2013, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by ivorton23
whoa...this is startin to get outta hand man...didn't think it woulda gotten like this...ppl arguing and sh**....dammnnn! lol
lol when the abbreviation vs. is used in the subject line, it means there are two opposing sides. That makes for a perfect out of hand situation if you ask me

Old 03-05-2013, 11:47 PM

Not exactly. Somebody posts misinformation and gets corrected, he comes back in with his little man syndrome and makes an *** of himself once again.
Eggs happened in here... He must have burned his eyeball with a splatter of molten metal again. (see my sig quote)
Yeah no need to get all pissed about it Facts is Facts, sometimes your right sometimes your not.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:31 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by po8pimp
Can you please tell me how you got the shift lights and the cup holder lights? where to buy and how to install would be awesome. Would go great with my leds. Thanks
yes please respond,, that looks sick
Old 03-06-2013, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by adzy
yes please respond,, that looks sick

Lol I already did...and thanks.Check a few posts above
Old 03-06-2013, 08:12 AM

Yeah no need to get all pissed about it Facts is Facts, sometimes your right sometimes your not.

Last edited by twentyeggs; 03-06-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:23 AM

Hey Egghead,

Well you certainly cleared one thing up didn't you.. what you cleared up is that you have no idea what you're talking about. They only made the SER in 2005 and 2006. Hence the reason I said the SER could only be a year or two younger than your car and also the reason why there is no SER coupe. I don't know what transmission you have in your 2004 but the 6MT and 5AT for both cars are exactly the same right down to the FD. I'm not even going to touch your "less efficient" comment. I'm well aware of the tuned down engine differences to the insurmountable difference of 5 (five) whopping horsepower. One thing you'll never be able to tune is the nearly 200 additional pounds the Max carries around. Anybody who knows what they're talking about will tell you that they would take that much less weight over 5hp at the strip or on the track any day. While I agree with your comment about Nissan wanting to sell more Maxima's and how brands essentially won't make a better/faster product for less i will remind you that the base SER stickered for $3k more than a base Maxima.

^^+1

To the OP;

Buy the SE-R. Dont get one with an autotragic.

Ive owned two. My first was a black on black 2005. Got totaled in NC about a year ago.

Second is a 2006 Smoke on black. No red interior inserts.....with the exception of SE-R stitched into the seat backs. Both had the 6mt. It is tragic they came with an auto option.

I could easily smoke my buddie's 02 6mt max. He had I/H/E and Emanage.

On the other hand, my 01 boosted de-k on 10ish psi will walk the SE-R everytime. Bottom line. Reality. From a dig, from a roll, doesnt matter.

SE-R vs. a 6th gen (spaceboat, like the one 20 eggs drives) will be like watching a black shirt fade in a washer full of bleach.

Performance>ride quality any day.

/thread.

DrewSER knows his chit main. Good on him.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by 4thGenTuner
Hey Egghead,

^^+1

To the OP;

Buy the SE-R. Dont get one with an autotragic.

Ive owned two. My first was a black on black 2005. Got totaled in NC about a year ago.

Second is a 2006 Smoke on black. No red interior inserts.....with the exception of SE-R stitched into the seat backs. Both had the 6mt. It is tragic they came with an auto option.

I could easily smoke my buddie's 02 6mt max. He had I/H/E and Emanage.

On the other hand, my 01 boosted de-k on 10ish psi will walk the SE-R everytime. Bottom line. Reality. From a dig, from a roll, doesnt matter.

SE-R vs. a 6th gen (spaceboat, like the one 20 eggs drives) will be like watching a black shirt fade in a washer full of bleach.

Performance>ride quality any day.

/thread.

DrewSER knows his chit main. Good on him.
Do you few really think its a big deal someone doesn't know everything about a topic they have never once been interested in until about 2-3 days ago? You can say I am entertaining because I am, but so are y'all, I like to laugh at pathetic people. Maybe I've been watching too much tosh.0 lol
Old 03-08-2013, 12:26 AM

Old 03-08-2013, 12:28 AM

Do you few really think its a big deal someone doesn't know everything about a topic they have never once been interested in until about 2-3 days ago? You can say I am entertaining because I am, but so are y'all, I like to laugh at pathetic people. Maybe I've been watching too much tosh.0 lol
Just let it go Man.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:56 AM

i would go silver - but I may have simply owned too many red cars in my life.