6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Headrest Monitor Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 01:53 PM

Headrest Monitor Question

I Have The Navigation System And I Was Wondering If One Can Attach Headrest Monitors To The Dvd Navigation System?

Can Anyone Help Me? Thanks

Ps. I Am Not Talking Loud, Just Got Lasy And Kept Typing In Caps.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by REVOLUTIONZ
I Have The Navigation System And I Was Wondering If One Can Attach Headrest Monitors To The Dvd Navigation System?

Can Anyone Help Me? Thanks

Ps. I Am Not Talking Loud, Just Got Lasy And Kept Typing In Caps.
I imagine you could tap into it and split the signal.....but since it does not play DVD video....are you doing it to see the NAV unit for the rear passengers....in that case, would not want someone hacking up the rear wiring to put NAV units for people to see in the rear seats.

Now, they do make a NAV to DVD kit, just like in the BMW for the Nissan, cant remember the site and I imagine they can split the signal easy to the rear headrest monitors.

What are you looking for is the question, DVD video for the rear seat guys? I got a cheap solution, call it ghetto, but I have a 9 year old son and pardon the big picture, but this was cheap and removable, plus watching DVD in the front will distract me while driving, but this is what I did.

Hey, works for me, guy doing the tint job melted my trim a bit and was going to get me a new door panel...or settle for cash.....I got these for it, and they work well. Not the cleanest looking, but easy to remove and easy to use cross country with kids in a hotel. Hope this helps but need to really know what you are looking for. With a NAV/TV switch, you can have your dash NAV and switch to DVD, and can split that in the back with a clean headrest install. Again, need to know what you need and $$$$$ you want to spend.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:53 AM

carcus... we have the same set up..
cool.. this is the cheaper way of doing in...

the other thing is the nav wont play regular dvd's. You can buy an aftermarket dvd's like some people have but they are costly..
Old 10-15-2004, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by carcus
I imagine you could tap into it and split the signal.....but since it does not play DVD video....are you doing it to see the NAV unit for the rear passengers....in that case, would not want someone hacking up the rear wiring to put NAV units for people to see in the rear seats.

Now, they do make a NAV to DVD kit, just like in the BMW for the Nissan, cant remember the site and I imagine they can split the signal easy to the rear headrest monitors.

What are you looking for is the question, DVD video for the rear seat guys? I got a cheap solution, call it ghetto, but I have a 9 year old son and pardon the big picture, but this was cheap and removable, plus watching DVD in the front will distract me while driving, but this is what I did.

Hey, works for me, guy doing the tint job melted my trim a bit and was going to get me a new door panel...or settle for cash.....I got these for it, and they work well. Not the cleanest looking, but easy to remove and easy to use cross country with kids in a hotel. Hope this helps but need to really know what you are looking for. With a NAV/TV switch, you can have your dash NAV and switch to DVD, and can split that in the back with a clean headrest install. Again, need to know what you need and $$$$$ you want to spend.
Thanks for the info. All I want to do is have my navigation display in the rear of the headrests,perhaps even putting a sony playstation in and I can just play DVD,s from there. I have the ELITE package so I could just place the playstaion in the center compartment and run the playstaion to the headrest.
Would that be possible and more cost effective?
Old 10-15-2004, 03:13 PM

I am sure it could be done.....but also sure that if someone tried splicing into the stock NAV unit.....Nissan would void the hell out of the nice expensive NAV unit if it ever had a problem. For just monitors, you can get removable ones like mine, or cleaner installed ones into the headrests, than mount a PS2 under the passenger seat....BAM, DVD and PS2, or better yet, and XBOX. A few monitors for the seats will cost you a couple hundred, the XBOX or PS2 is free if you own one. Really depends on what you want to do. With the Elite package, sure you want the install to look nice. Mine works for me just for the kid in the back, and if I want to throw the PS2 or XBOX in, just plug it in to a cheap power inverter under the seat.....BAM....video games. Personally, with a NAV unit, and I know they have some problems in all cars, they can be expensive to fix so under warranty, would not want to hack and splice anything in your new car and then get hosed my the dealer. Keep it seperate. Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:21 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

2012 nissan maxima

hey, can anybody help me im trying make the navigation and back up camera work on headrest unit i have right above my double dinon my 2012 nissan maxima can anybody help..thanks