6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

08 MAXI RIP

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 09:46 PM

08 MAXI RIP

alright guys, i was on my way home from work and was coming around a weavy rd and some a-hole cut me off and breaked then i breaked and my car lost controll and i slammed into a tree on my drivers side and side door air bags deployed. I was in the hospital for most of the night just bad brusing no broken bones. Thank God that's all it was. Im so soar I can barely move tho and not feeling my best.... Can't decide on wheather to look at 09 -10 maximas or 07-08 again when i start feeling better... hmm
Old 12-23-2011, 09:59 PM

Sucks! Glad you're okay. Go for 7th gen.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:14 PM

99% of the time the cause of losing control of your car is because people slam on their brakes and hold them. when your car loses traction the worst thing you can do is hold down your brakes. if you are sliding in any direction you want to let off your brakes so your wheels can start spinning again, regain traction, and then you have the ability to recover and redirect your car in a safe direction.

people who feel like they lost control of their car usually tend to hit their brakes and hold them down because they think they can stop, but if you noticed, no matter what direction you turned your steering wheel your car kept sliding out of control in the same direction. You can't steer your car while your brakes are being mashed down. you need traction to steer and traction to stop. if you are using all your traction to stop you have no traction to steer. thats why you never brake in a turn. even if you know you are going too hot into a turn its better to keep your foot off that brake peddle and just hold on and slide through it. next time, hit your brakes to avoid the collision, and if your car breaks traction, let off the brakes no matter how scary it is, let your car correct itself, and then either brake again while you have traction if your clear, or steer away from fixed objects. holding down that brake peddle when your out of control is a for sure way of staying out of control and destroying your car.

i am glad your ok man. Its scary being in a car accident. I've been in 4 nasty car wrecks, luckily it was never my car and not the one driving.

i vote you ditch the maxima and get a g37. That is my next car.

Last edited by twentyeggs; 12-23-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:16 PM

Glad you're ok. Have any pics of the wreck?
Old 12-23-2011, 11:36 PM

Glad your okay and GL on your next ride...
Old 12-24-2011, 04:49 AM

Very sorry to hear this. I know you love your 6.5, and it seemed to me you could use it forever. You were contemplating a G35 from an uncle a while ago (I hope I'm not mistaken), maybe it's time then to move to an Infinity. Above all, glad you're in good health and spirits.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by twentyeggs
99% of the time the cause of losing control of your car is because people slam on their brakes and hold them. when your car loses traction the worst thing you can do is hold down your brakes. if you are sliding in any direction you want to let off your brakes so your wheels can start spinning again, regain traction, and then you have the ability to recover and redirect your car in a safe direction.

people who feel like they lost control of their car usually tend to hit their brakes and hold them down because they think they can stop, but if you noticed, no matter what direction you turned your steering wheel your car kept sliding out of control in the same direction. You can't steer your car while your brakes are being mashed down. you need traction to steer and traction to stop. if you are using all your traction to stop you have no traction to steer. thats why you never brake in a turn. even if you know you are going too hot into a turn its better to keep your foot off that brake peddle and just hold on and slide through it. next time, hit your brakes to avoid the collision, and if your car breaks traction, let off the brakes no matter how scary it is, let your car correct itself, and then either brake again while you have traction if your clear, or steer away from fixed objects. holding down that brake peddle when your out of control is a for sure way of staying out of control and destroying your car.
http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/problems/e...kes/page1.html
Isn't that what ABS is for, to prevent wheel lock and to help maintain directional control during panic braking? I live where we get lots of snow and wet weather so after almost 30 years of driving in sh!TTY conditions I have to respectfully disagree with your outline on crash avoidance- maybe you do things a little differently in SoCal where you don't get snow and very little rain? Not saying that road conditions played a part in this crash but the philosophy and road experience still applies.

Rsprince, hope you get back on your feet soon and either fix the Max or get a new one. Do you think it will be totaled out? The Max has been shown to protect it's occupants pretty well in some severe crashes. Take care and happy holidays and happy new year, you should be thankful, it could have been worse and you not see the new year.

Last edited by BadBlackMaxSL; 12-24-2011 at 08:27 AM.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:36 AM

WHAT????????????????????????

I am very sorry to hear about your accident. Glad to know you made it out ok.

Good lecture there from twentyeggs (besides, welcome back from exile, lol, just kidding!). The thing is in that panick situation, I know most people might not remember to do as you say.

Post pics of your wreck or wrecked car. It would be interesting to see. As for what car to get into, I say step up! Or its time to go get that Infiniti from your grandpa. The one that has low miles and is in great condition. You had a thread about deciding. The car that is already paid off!
Old 12-24-2011, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by BadBlackMaxSL
http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/problems/e...kes/page1.html
Isn't that what ABS is for, to prevent wheel lock and to help maintain directional control during panic braking? I live where we get lots of snow and wet weather so after almost 30 years of driving in sh!TTY conditions I have to respectfully disagree with your outline on crash avoidance- maybe you do things a little differently in SoCal where you don't get snow and very little rain? Not saying that road conditions played a part in this crash but the philosophy and road experience still applies.

Rsprince, hope you get back on your feet soon and either fix the Max or get a new one. Do you think it will be totaled out? The Max has been shown to protect it's occupants pretty well in some severe crashes. Take care and happy holidays and happy new year, you should be thankful, it could have been worse and you not see the new year.
you are absolutely correct, if you are still facing foreward, abs does a good job.. i was talking strictly about losing control and your cars back end stepping out. if you lose traction while facing foreward and your continuing to move foreward you should let the abs take control. if your car is out of control in a turn than abs isn't going to help if your sliding into a tree, its better to release the brake get your car right, and steer away from it, THEN brake.

but there is an argument in this too. i've driven some cars with terrible abs. my bro camery has horrible horrible abs. I sincerely believe i could do much better than that abs. the abs in the maxima is pretty darn good. i would say your safe keeping it down.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by PetitFrereMaxima
WHAT????????????????????????

I am very sorry to hear about your accident. Glad to know you made it out ok.

Good lecture there from twentyeggs (besides, welcome back from exile, lol, just kidding!). HAHA thanks just a few more days and maxking gets free too, i feel bad cause he had a longer sentence. The thing is in that panick situation, I know most people might not remember to do as you say!
very true if you don't experience it first hand, which is why i always recommend you take your car to a secluded parking lot and test its limits or take a advanced/defensive driving course and find them there, or a race track. that way you can react like second nature and come out of a sticky situation like a BOSS!! there is a MSF course i went to and the owner said anyone can use their course to practice stunts and roadway avoidance maneuvers ect.. when there is no one there, im sure he wouldn't mind a car! its off bradshaw and 50 in sacramento in case your local.

Last edited by twentyeggs; 12-24-2011 at 09:27 AM.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:19 PM

Glad to hear your ok .... As much as I love my 6.5 gen my vote is go for 7 th gen
Old 12-25-2011, 09:22 AM

Good to hear that you are alright.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:43 AM

Glad to see that you walked away. You can always get another car but you only have one life.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:51 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

damn sorry to hear that , atleast ur ok
Old 12-25-2011, 12:16 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Glad to hear you're OK....I would buy a used car and wait for the 8th Gen Maxima....It's going to be awesome from what I was told. (Engineering Friends). I noticed that you your totaled Max had the EZkoncepts tail lights...do you want to sell these? I would be interested if you can remove them from your car and they still work....as long as they're in good condition. At least the money will get you started on your new ride!

Merry Christmas and have a safe, healthy, prosperous and exciting NEW YEAR!
Old 12-25-2011, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by DAlastDON
Glad to see that you walked away. You can always get another car but you only have one life.
not unless your hindu.. reincarnation and life is a result of "sinning." in a nut shell hindu people believe if your alive your still paying for sins, and you will continue being reincarnated until you get it right, and THEN you can stop existing... kinda #$@%$!n pointless if you ask me. i mean who was the first person and why did they sin. why would they exist in the first place? you need to sin to exist, but how did the first person sin and get brought to life?

hindu's don't believe in a point to live other than to live in harmony and stop the reincarnation cycle, to die and stay dead. but there requires a point and reason to live for the first thing to be created.

better yet. why are there 900 million people in the world that believe this? i actually asked how the first person came to be, at a hindu temple after the service during an assignment for my comparative religions class and you now what the pandit said? "you wonder too much, be at peace"

i think thats code for "im full of $***"

i say get the G. Its definitely an awesome car and it probably would have been able to avoid that accident, its a firmer more planted car on the road and in the bends.

Last edited by twentyeggs; 12-25-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:19 PM

Sorry to hear about what happened bro. Good thing that nothing serious happened. Since you spoke about getting a 7th gen in the past. This might be the perfect time for you to get it.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:52 PM

i am glad your ok man. Its scary being in a car accident. I've been in 4 nasty car wrecks, luckily it was never my car and not the one driving.

i vote you ditch the maxima and get a g37. That is my next car.
I understand what your saying and your right to a point. Actually braking through a corner can aid in traction and cornering. The everyday driver shouldn't attempt it due to the obvious risk of losing traction but in the hands of a good driver, braking can aid in weight transfer and reduce understeer. Have you ever heard of trail-braking? its a common technique used in motorcycle racing and auto racing as well

Last edited by ShocknAwe; 12-25-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:07 PM

I have the 7th Gen, and i agree with the guy that said get the G37!!! Might as well get that rear wheel drive...
Old 12-25-2011, 10:53 PM

not unless your hindu.. reincarnation and life is a result of "sinning." in a nut shell hindu people believe if your alive your still paying for sins, and you will continue being reincarnated until you get it right, and THEN you can stop existing... kinda #$@%$!n pointless if you ask me. i mean who was the first person and why did they sin. why would they exist in the first place? you need to sin to exist, but how did the first person sin and get brought to life?

hindu's don't believe in a point to live other than to live in harmony and stop the reincarnation cycle, to die and stay dead. but there requires a point and reason to live for the first thing to be created.

better yet. why are there 900 million people in the world that believe this? i actually asked how the first person came to be, at a hindu temple after the service during an assignment for my comparative religions class and you now what the pandit said? "you wonder too much, be at peace"

i say get the G. Its definitely an awesome car and it probably would have been able to avoid that accident, its a firmer more planted car on the road and in the bends.
thanks for the lecture but dont talk about religion without getting to the bottom of it.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:37 AM

HMMM, lets stay away from religion on this one, thats a tricky road. Last thing we need is a debate of if Jesus was Jewish or christian?? Please dont answer this question, leave it at that. We all have beliefs and must follow what we choose to follow

Rsprince, glad you are alive brother, thats the important thing, bruised but alive
Old 12-26-2011, 07:45 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

thats to bad. If you want an o6 se with only 50k write me back. I am here in California.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:13 PM

jesus was a jew...everyone knows that. DUH. Happy NEW YR maxi forum. lol
Old 12-27-2011, 10:53 PM

glad you're okay man. i just got into a fender bender myself car is in the shop. gotta remember these are our toys and hobbies nothing more. most important thing is you are here debating between a new Max and G37.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:52 AM

I just got rear ended the other day and I swear I feel like it wil happen again,especially when I pass the intesection of the collision.I think you should go with the 7thgen because you already had the 6th.Out with the old and in with the new

Last edited by mrjasonlyrics; 12-29-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:21 PM

I will post pics after insurance stuff is all delt with. Adjuster still needs to see the car these people are turtles. I really hope they fix mine I loved it.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:33 PM

Be sure to give an update.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:51 PM

Oh my.. to get glad or be sad damages came out to be 11,500. They haven't even torn the car apart yet. They towed it today to the autobody shop. Will find out Tuesday how much more damage there is. DEAR Maxi god, if you hear me pls fix my maxi and let me trade it in so i can get a new one!
Old 12-31-2011, 03:26 AM

glad your ok bro
Old 01-01-2012, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Rsprince89
coming around a weavy rd and some a-hole cut me off and breaked then i breaked and my car lost controll and i slammed into a tree on my drivers side
So you were driving too fast.
If you cannot brake without losing control because of whats happening in front of you, you are driving too fast, and you are dangerous.

I hope you get well soon.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Rsprince89
Oh my.. to get glad or be sad damages came out to be 11,500. They haven't even torn the car apart yet. They towed it today to the autobody shop. Will find out Tuesday how much more damage there is. DEAR Maxi god, if you hear me pls fix my maxi and let me trade it in so i can get a new one!
Damn, that sucks man. Might be a total loss and not be repairable if it costs that much to repair it. Who knows, maybe there is still a possibility that it can be repaired. In for updates.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:58 PM

Damn bro that sucks another IL max bites the dust! We lose so many maxes we can't even have a meet!

P.S. twentyeggs doesn't know wtf he is talking about, please stop making **** up and thinking its true because it sounds good to you, get with the ****in program
Old 01-01-2012, 11:15 PM

hes not as bad as GGenius. Could be worse.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
hes not as bad as GGenius. Could be worse.
true that.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by 2000_MAXIMA_KING
Damn bro that sucks another IL max bites the dust! We lose so many maxes we can't even have a meet!

P.S. twentyeggs doesn't know wtf he is talking about, please stop making **** up and thinking its true because it sounds good to you, get with the ****in program
i didn't make it up, the instructors in my defensive driving course did. half the course was about vehicle recovery in understeer/oversteer and fish tailing scenarios, im just relaying the message you gotta problem what that go cry to the experts that put it as part of their curriculum...

i get an insurance break for taking the course and its useful information as i've recovered my car many times before doing exactly what i stated above.

getting ready for another ban mr. king?? those pretty little stars you got going on are a first class ticket to the banhammer.. if you didn't notice.. lol

Last edited by twentyeggs; 01-03-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:36 AM

twentyeggs, I can see being in exile does make people become better. You should thank the moderators for banning you before. I see now your manners are getting better. Now you are trying to correct someone for using your favorite thing, the stars. I see you are learning other things besided the Maxima. Keep up the good manners, twentyeggs. I like seeing you improve, son.

Besides, do you just take defensive driving course just to be taking it? I save it for wheneever I get all those my yearly speeding tickets. How much insurance money does it save you that it seems you do it like every year? How much have you saved for the many years it seems you have done it so far?
Old 01-04-2012, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Ghozt
glad you're okay man..... ...... gotta remember these are our toys and hobbies nothing more.
Only thing worth reading in this whole thread. Glad youre ok.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:29 PM

twentyeggs, I can see being in exile does make people become better. You should thank the moderators for banning you before. I see now your manners are getting better. Now you are trying to correct someone for using your favorite thing, the stars. I see you are learning other things besided the Maxima. Keep up the good manners, twentyeggs. I like seeing you improve, son.

Besides, do you just take defensive driving course just to be taking it? I save it for wheneever I get all those my yearly speeding tickets. How much insurance money does it save you that it seems you do it like every year? How much have you saved for the many years it seems you have done it so far?
don't call me son, son.

defensive driving is not the same thing as speeding ticket driving school. defensive driving courses are driving schools that teach you advanced techniques to stay safe on the road. oversteer/understeer/fishtailing, and basically how to correct an out of control car are offered in some of these schools. is is just one part of the many other things you learn. many insurance companies give people who take these courses a break. which mine does, and is why i took it. that and you get to have a bunch of fun beating up their cars and skidding around. (i did it mostly for that actually).

mine was taught by a police driving instructor and he said its basically the same information they teach cops.

they are pretty expensive tho, so i won't see an money back in insurance brakes for quit a few years.

Last edited by twentyeggs; 01-04-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:34 PM

the technical terms used is called skid correction

heres a little video for maxima king

*note* when he says, "DON'T TOUCH THE BRAKE, DONT TOUCH THE GAS"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MT5N9GLkys

here is a good one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJWng...eature=related

now what did i hear??? "DON'T APPLY YOUR BRAKES"

Last edited by twentyeggs; 01-04-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:13 PM

what is your first name? is it Thalia?

Quick Reply: 08 MAXI RIP