6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

08 MAXI RIP

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by twentyeggs
the technical terms used is called skid correction

heres a little video for maxima king

*note* when he says, "DON'T TOUCH THE BRAKE, DONT TOUCH THE GAS"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MT5N9GLkys

here is a good one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJWng...eature=related

now what did i hear??? "DON'T APPLY YOUR BRAKES"
If in the first example, you are on an exit ramp, there isn't enough room for you to just turn into the skid before waiting for the 'pause' because you will have missed the turn and now be either into the wall or the ditch. Yes turn into the skid while applying the brakes and recover control and steer to the right.

For the second example, it was covering rear wheel drive cars, not applicable to the Max, at least not mine.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by BadBlackMaxSL
If in the first example, you are on an exit ramp, there isn't enough room for you to just turn into the skid before waiting for the 'pause' because you will have missed the turn and now be either into the wall or the ditch. Yes turn into the skid while applying the brakes and recover control and steer to the right.

For the second example, it was covering rear wheel drive cars, not applicable to the Max, at least not mine.
it doesn't matter what your doing, or what kind of car you have. if your using your brakes while in a skid you are preventing any chance of recovering any sort of traction. it is a simple concept. if you are out of control you want your wheels to be free to spin so that they can match road speed and regain traction. traction keeps your car from skidding.

this is not a difficult thing to understand. if your in a skid you don't touch your brakes, ever, at all.

when you lose traction and slide on your tires, the road acts like sand paper and tiny little ***** of rubber form under your tires that act like ball bearing. this is the key principal behind why when people lock their brakes up they slide farther. this is why you have antilock brakes. The problem is antilock brakes are not magical multiple directional pieces of machinery. they do their job in a straight line, if you skid in any direction other than straight they are worthless, you must release your brakes, regain traction and straight line trajectory and THEN and ONLY THEN do you use your brakes.

your mission is to stop your tires from forming these little ***** when your sliding over the road as fast as possible, lightly added your brakes slows this process limiting your chance for recovery if not preventing it all together. the goal in any out of control situation is to regain traction and then use your brakes accordingly.

this is basic basic stuff, its even in the dmv written exam for crying out loud.

Last edited by twentyeggs; 01-05-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:00 PM

California Driver Handbook - Important Driving Tips

Driving Hazards

Water on the Road

Slow down when there is a lot of water on the road. In a heavy rain at speeds of 50 mph or more, your tires can lose all contact with the road and then your vehicle will be riding on water or "hydroplaning." A slight change of direction or a gust of wind could throw your vehicle into a skid. If your vehicle starts to hydroplane, slow down gradually–do not apply the brakes.
Slippery Roads

Slow down at the first sign of rain. This is when many roads are the most slippery, because oil and dust have not washed away. A slippery road will not give your tires the grip they need. Drive more slowly than you would on a dry road. Adjust your speed as follows:
  • Wet road–go five–ten miles slower.
  • Packed snow–reduce your speed by half.
  • Ice–slow to a crawl.
Some road surfaces are more slippery than others when wet and usually have warning signs. Here are some clues to help you spot slippery roads:
  • On cold, wet days, shade from trees or buildings can hide spots of ice. These areas freeze first and dry out last.
  • Bridges and overpasses tend to freeze before the rest of the road does. They can hide spots of ice.
  • If it starts to rain on a hot day, the pavement can be very slippery for the first several minutes. Heat causes oil in the asphalt to come to the surface. The oil makes the road slippery until the rain washes the oil off the surface of the road.
Skids On Slippery Surfaces

A road that is normally safe can become dangerous when it is slippery. Ice and packed snow on the road can cause your vehicle to skid, especially if you are driving too fast or going downhill. If you start to skid:
  • Ease off the gas pedal,
  • Stop braking, and
  • Turn the steering wheel in the direction of the skid.
If you cannot control your vehicle on a slippery surface, try to find something to stop the skid. Try to get a wheel on dry pavement or on the shoulder of the road. You may have to edge slowly into a snow bank or some bushes to stop the vehicle.
To prevent skidding on slippery surfaces:
  • Drive slowly and stay farther behind the vehicle ahead of you.
  • Slow down, as you approach curves and intersections.
  • Avoid fast turns.
  • Avoid quick stops. "Pump" the brakes to slow or stop. (Do not pump antilock brakes.)
  • Shift to low gear before going down a steep hill.
  • Avoid especially slippery areas, such as ice patches, wet leaves, oil, or deep puddles.
If the brakes get wet, dry them by lightly pressing the gas pedal and brake pedal at the same time so that the vehicle drives against the pressure of the brakes. Perform this light pressing only until the brakes dry.
Mechanical Tips

Acceleration Skids

An acceleration skid usually happens when the drive wheels lose traction on the road surface. To maintain control of a skidding vehicle, do not apply the brakes. Ease off the gas pedal and straighten the front wheels as the vehicle begins to straighten itself out.
Locked Wheel Skids

This type of skid is usually caused by braking too hard at a high rate of speed and locking the wheels. The vehicle will skid no matter which way the steering wheel is turned. Take your foot off the brake to unlock the wheels. Then straighten the front wheels as the vehicle begins to straighten out. Slow the vehicle gradually until you are at a safe speed to continue driving.

this is exactly what happened to RSprince, and this is exactly the procedure i stated in my first post about regaining control of your car.

in every application the DMV says to get off the brakes. I am amazed at how many of you don't know what to do in a situation like this. braking in a skid is not the proper way to control your car. if you don't believe me, the dmv or any of my sources take your car to an empty parking lot on a rainy day and do it for yourself. it could mean the difference between life and death for you in an actual emergency.

There were nearly 6,420,000 auto accidents in the United States in 2005.

The financial cost of these crashes is more than 230 Billion dollars. 2.9 million people were injured and 42,636 people killed.

About 115 people die every day in vehicle crashes in the United States -- one death every 13 minutes.

i really think this is an important issue here. knowing how to correctly control your car in a situation like RSprinces could save your lives or your cars, applying your brakes in anything other than a straight line skid is making the situation worse and more dangerous.

none of you wanna join those stats up there, get prepared, get smart, drive safe

*this has been a public service announcement unpaid for by twentyeggs*

Last edited by twentyeggs; 01-05-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:07 PM

The Cali Way...
Old 01-06-2012, 12:17 AM
Taking my Maxima to the Max!

Sorry to hear about the accident! I hope you are better now. I am a massage therapist and we see a lot of people with auto accident injuries. Make sure you are getting the right treatment. Massage really helps, especially for whiplash and making sure your hips and shoulders and spine are back in alignment.

As for the car, it is totaled then? I assume the insurance company has it now. By chance is the front end still ok, meaning the bumper, grill...? I am looking at getting a 6th gen and want to convert the front end to the 6.5gen look. Let me know. Thanks.

As for the Hindu comment, not to get into religion, but just to clarify. I was born and raised a Western (American) "Hindu", some of you may know us as the Hare Krishnas. The common understanding of Hinduism is quite misunderstood when it comes to trying to boil it down to one philosophy and theology. (Having been a religion major in College I can say that -) Hinduism is actually a family of philosophies and theologies based on the practices of Dharma coming from the ancient scriptures written in Sanskrit called the Vedas (which literally means Knowledge). These practices were understood and performed differently in the Indian Subcontinent and later beyond for many centuries before the time of the Muslim invasions of the early second millennium CE (common era). It was the invading Muslims that coined the term "Hindu" to make sense of all the multifarious practices that they found themselves faced with upon entering that area, which was beyond the Sindu river (in Persian the "S" is pronounced more like "H"). The actual word "Hindu" is found nowhere in the original Vedic texts.

Later on, under Muslim and then British rule, the various sects and groups having lost their autonomy began to vie for position, whereas previous to such subjugation they all coexisted and cooperated respectfully for the most part. The "sect" that has only recently (within the past few hundred years) become associated with greater "Hinduism" is the Mayavadis or followers of the impersonal Monistic philosophy of Shankara Acharya, which does pretty much follow the line of nihilism, or becoming void or "merged" with the Impersonal Supreme, after liberation. This philosophy though has many times been refuted, and many would say defeated, especially by the Monotheistic Devotional Schools of thought namely the Vaishnava Sampradayas, or lineages of gurus and disciples who pursue perfection through Bhakti Yoga, or devotional service to the One Supreme Personality of Godhead, Whom they primarily worship as Vishnu, Krishna, Rama, etc. He is the same "God the Father" as in the other Monotheistic traditions of Israel and Palestine such as Judaism, Christianity, and Islam but is known by these other Names.

So, actually, the ultimate goal of true (original) "Hinduism", also know as Sanatana Dharma, or the eternal occupation of the Soul, is to simply re-awaken pure love of God within one's own heart and give up false identification with the material body, mind, and it's products and attachments, and thus go back eternally to enjoy blissful life in service to the Supreme Personality of Godhead in His own place, the Spiritual World, even after one life of fully surrendered service. Reincarnation is there, but only to give us the chance to pass through the lower modes of ignorance, passion, and material goodness, so that eventually we graduate to the post-graduate level and earn the purity through love and grace that allows us to go back to our eternal spiritual home.

Anyway, sorry about the religion class. I'm just glad it wasn't your time to go yet. My prayers and best wishes with all of you this new year.

Hare Krsna and may God bless you all:-)

Mrkanda "Mark" Fitch

Last edited by mrkanda; 01-06-2012 at 12:21 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:11 AM

^^ Exactly what he said.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by twentyeggs
getting ready for another ban mr. king?? those pretty little stars you got going on are a first class ticket to the banhammer.. if you didn't notice.. lol
Do you really think I give a rats *** if I get banned again? The ORG does not affect my life in anyway banned or active, I can get help else where. Neither do your responses by the way.

I defended your ban when I was told by DanNY that he banned you because I felt neither of us should have been banned for our argument, but of course he felt otherwise and stated you were banned for attacking another member. Can't beat the law

I completely disagree with Petit, right after he stated that you are "mannering" up, you respond with your typical BS. What a slap in the face

Anyway carry on with your charade, peace
Old 01-06-2012, 10:32 AM

Typical 20.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:58 AM

Went to the autobody shop today. The frame was not damaged . He said there 90% sure they can repair it. All find out Tuesday for the final verdict . Stay tuned...!
Old 01-06-2012, 11:00 AM

PS. He said they can order my Ezconcepts led tail lights for me as long as there safe and meet some type of safety standard? Dose anyone know if those tail lights by Ezconcepts meet those standards he's talking to me about? I'm going for the ruby red ones this time instead of the black Bermuda .
Old 01-07-2012, 01:05 AM

Yeah, their definitely safe and DOT approved. It's good to hear that they're replacing those tails for you though. That's gonna save you some cash.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by 6.5affiliate
Yeah, their definitely safe and DOT approved. It's good to hear that they're replacing those tails for you though. That's gonna save you some cash.
Thanks 6.5! Yeah you telling me there nothing better then saving some cash these days
Old 01-07-2012, 10:40 AM

You were not driving safely thats all. Next time drive safe.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by Rsprince89
Thanks 6.5! Yeah you telling me there nothing better then saving some cash these days
Basically, it's always good to save some money. Then you can use the extra cash for better things.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:41 PM

Well..... she's gone in maxima heaven guys :-(
Old 01-10-2012, 01:46 PM

Well..... she's gone in maxima heaven guys :-(
ah maaan.. that really sucks man.. whats happening compensation/insurance wise? are you out of a car or will you get some money back and how much?
Old 01-10-2012, 01:48 PM

CLOSE THREAD MODERATOR - THANKS
Old 01-10-2012, 06:17 PM

Damn it. Another Max down. Sorry man. Post up when you get your new ride.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:56 PM

Sorry you are getting rid of the Max. Was it finally ruled as a total loss? I thought you said an adjuster said they woudl fix it? I might be wrong. Correct me if I am.

So, you are not willing to share picturs of the totalled car with us here on the org? Would be nice if you post some pics. Can you do that?
Old 01-10-2012, 10:15 PM

Going for a G35 coupe I think. Its not deemed a total loss yet but that's pretty much what the autobody place said
Old 01-10-2012, 10:16 PM

Are coupes more in insurance for youngsters like me? Just wondering if so all get a 4 door
Old 01-11-2012, 08:39 AM

Are coupes more in insurance for youngsters like me? Just wondering if so all get a 4 door
I don't know how it is in the States exactly, but here in CA it's about 10-15% more on the $$ for a coupe over a sedan. I'd stick with a 4 door if you are looking at the G35 as the sedan is actually shorter in length than the coupe and looks better and is more functional IMO....
Old 01-13-2012, 01:48 PM

Yup get yourself a Sick Turbocharged Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

Jokes apart. I am glad you walked after the accident
Old 01-14-2012, 11:04 AM

good bro... i didn't wanna see your grandpops cornering you into the Avalon.. lol what a terrible looking car.. the G i think is better than the maxima. It may not be as fast but the differences in speed are very low and with some modification you can really haul. here is what i would do, call your insurance company and say you want a quote on a 4 door G35 and a coupe G35, they will basically be able to put in writing how much more the 4 door and the 2 door will be. the coup just looks awesome...
Old 01-14-2012, 06:46 PM

It's done and decided. I'm going for a 2006 G35X premium package with navigation tan leather with 40-60k on the engine. ANYHOW, Im trying to figure out if anyone on here knows there G35s. I've done alot alot alot of research on them, someone help me on this.. so for 2006 i know that was the only year G35 had a projector xeon headlights on the COUPE. I did not find anything else on that for a SEDAN. Dose anyone know if the 2006 SEDAN G35 got a projector xeon headlights? Thanks in advance

Last edited by Rsprince89; 01-14-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:30 AM

I joined G35driver.com last night. Felt like I was cheating on my maxima community. Lol
Old 01-15-2012, 10:27 AM

I joined G35driver.com last night. Felt like I was cheating on my maxima community. Lol
hahaha you sleazeball...
Old 01-15-2012, 09:28 PM

Congrats on getting a G35. That new forum you joined will have all the information you need for your new ride.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:00 PM

just wanted to check in and see how everyone has been and there maxis? I just bought a 07 Black G35 coupe with tan leather and nav. I love it so much. bought it this past Friday. 55k on the engine got it for 19,800. It's beautifull
Old 02-18-2012, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by mitrals
Yup get yourself a Sick Turbocharged Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

Jokes apart. I am glad you walked after the accident
Thanks I liked your joke. forget a Pontiac I was just trying to make that kid feel cool in that YouTube video I took lol
Old 02-18-2012, 04:38 PM

Jesus sorry to hear that man. Glad you are ok, and congrats on that G!

Last edited by clintb3astwood; 02-18-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:57 PM

glad you ok.

next time treat bad driver like deer. You can slow down or hit straight. You swerve you die.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:26 PM

I'll bawl a bucket of tears if I lost mine man.Sorry to hear about yours.I'd go for the 7thgen seeing that you already had the 6thgen.Good luck man
Old 02-21-2012, 06:07 AM

I recommend the G35 Infiniti coupe or sedan to any Nissan maxima lover here.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:44 PM

Any pics of the wreck? And if your on the g forums talk to 4DGS he can help on almost any topic an has a ballin sedan.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by SlvrPtrn
Any pics of the wreck? And if your on the g forums talk to 4DGS he can help on almost any topic an has a ballin sedan.
Yes once I get to my laptop I will load them in the next day, I will also show you guys my new car. The 07 G35 coupe with all the goodies. SlvrPtrn thanks all hit him up. I'm on G35driver.com as STLG35Guy
Old 03-24-2012, 02:19 PM

Oh man, that truly sucks...glad you're ok. Go for the new Max, or splurge, and get the G37