6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

TOP SPEED

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by the macedonian
dude, i'm agreeing with you. i have a 6th gen and am saying that i have beaten many 5th as well as 5.5 gens "with a coffee in my hand" as he was taking sht about auto etc etc. re-read my reply

oh sorry man, the second part of that reply wasn't toward you but to the person you were talking to also lol

love the coffee thing... because thats exactly how i feel, i see all these people hunched over, like their taking a big sweaty ****, with those eyes of pure vengeance, hurling their body into each gear change, while im reclined in my seat with a smile, passing them up... so funny...
Old 06-29-2011, 01:39 PM

LOL 6 gens the winner lol I like that one.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:54 PM

Lol, this thread is funny.......lol.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:59 PM

Lols were had
Old 06-29-2011, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by twentyeggs
everywhere im reading says the 6.5 gen is faster.. and drive train wise, the 6th gen and 6.5 are the same..

1989 Nissan Maxima SE 0-60 mph 8.7 Quarter mile 16.6
1997 Nissan Maxima SE 0-60 mph 7.0 Quarter mile 15.3
2000 Nissan Maxima SE (Manual) 0-60 mph 6.6 Quarter mile 14.9
2004 Nissan Maxima 3.5SE 0-60 mph 6.3 Quarter Mile 14.8
2011 Nissan Maxima SV 0-60 mph 5.7

i know these are just numbers but stock for stock, the newer gens show they are faster than the last, as they should be
You forgot this one showing the opposite:

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 0-60mph 6.0 Quarter Mile 14.7

Was in Oct 2002 C/D.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by MONTE 01&97 SE

Was in Oct 2002 C/D.

i omitted that one because its complete crap..

when all the years below it show a different number with the same generation, and nothing has changed in the wight, engine, look, style, that number was obviously bogus.. ALL THESE NUMBERS ARE BOGUS.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by MONTE 01&97 SE

Was in Oct 2002 C/D.

when all the years below it show a different number with the same generation, and nothing has changed in the wight, engine, look, style, that number was obviously bogus.. ALL THESE NUMBERS ARE BOGUS. I don't believe any of them, not the 6th gen, not the 5th gen, 4th gen ect.. i used it to prove a point, that point being there is a trend. the younger the generation the faster the number...

PAH!
Old 06-29-2011, 03:57 PM

when all the years below it show a different number with the same generation, and nothing has changed in the wight, engine, look, style, that number was obviously bogus.. ALL THESE NUMBERS ARE BOGUS. I don't believe any of them, not the 6th gen, not the 5th gen, 4th gen ect.. i used it to prove a point, that point being there is a trend. the younger the generation the faster the number...

PAH!
Lol,lol,lol!
Old 06-29-2011, 05:58 PM

is that straight forward enough...

i really find it sad that on a maxima's enthusiast web site, we can't even agree and something as big as the performance of its generations...

thats really sad guys..

maybe the 5.5 genners are just a little envious of our luxury, and have beaten too many civics its starting to mess with their heads, and being the underdog, they are letting their imaginations run wild....
bye 5th gens, come mess with bigga papa Maxi
Old 06-29-2011, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Rsprince89
I have heard this before. I am glad to hear this from another person. You would just think Nissan would make the next generation faster . Kind of upsetting to me in a way.
I wouldn't think that.

It's a family sedan. Priorities are dif than say, the Z.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Silverwolf
I wouldn't think that.

It's a family sedan. Priorities are dif than say, the Z.
I think you just want a Z. Don't ya?
Old 06-30-2011, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by the macedonian
agree, 2nd video posted with the 6th gen being the clear winner and still people with the 5th gens are disagreeing.

I don't think it clears up anything. We don't know that these cars were both bone stock from that video. Both showed up at a track, chances are there are modifications.

Not to mention, that's a 2000 in the video, didn't it only have 220 HP?

Hell the driver might have fell asleep, or had 87 octane in...

All I'm saying, I don't think that video clears up anything. I'm interested in a real race, that we can confirm stock for stock...and with a 5.5 gen, not a 5.0.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:12 PM

That's still fast...
Old 06-30-2011, 01:29 PM

I agree with you madmax
Old 06-30-2011, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Rsprince89
I agree with you madmax

well then, i am one willing participant (6th gen).. im even willing to throw all my stuff back on my car to make it 100% bone stock.

were is the daring 5.5 gen? lets settle this like men..
Old 06-30-2011, 01:41 PM

alright guys, i just posted the challenge with my LA crew, hopefully we have the second condendent, and we squash this..
Old 06-30-2011, 03:47 PM

Alright gentelman and maxima owners...just to set the record straight..yes a 5th gen is going to be SLOWER then a 6th gen because its underpowered. If you throw a 5.5gen maxima in the mix..years 02-03 I promise you it will either be faster or keep right up with a 6th gen. This is not a debate..these are facts..look at the numbers and power to weight ratios. Also you have to include the driver aspect into the whole scenario..whether or not the driver is good or bad. But IMO and on paper the 5.5gen is faster then a 6th gen everytime..done and done.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by 2kmaxseblack2k
Alright gentelman and maxima owners...just to set the record straight..yes a 5th gen is going to be SLOWER then a 6th gen because its underpowered. If you throw a 5.5gen maxima in the mix..years 02-03 I promise you it will either be faster or keep right up with a 6th gen. This is not a debate..these are facts..look at the numbers and power to weight ratios. Also you have to include the driver aspect into the whole scenario..whether or not the driver is good or bad. But IMO and on paper the 5.5gen is faster then a 6th gen everytime..done and done.

there we go again with power to weight figures... there alot more to cars than an engine and its weight!!! hello??????
Old 06-30-2011, 04:01 PM

wtf dude.. your going to get this thread locked, we are talking about which nissan generation performs better on close course/track roads. stop talking about illegal street racing. we have a legitimate topic here that should concern most of us here.

Yo Andrew, i'll help u settle ur despute with my 4th gen...i just wanna run it, i ran it against my cousins G35 and i was beat by only like half a car or something...that was on a ****ed up launch too...lets do it!

BTW: on my 4th gen 5spd, i did 140+ in 5th gear n the rpm was in 5600
Old 06-30-2011, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by kid_grave
Yo Andrew, i'll help u settle ur despute with my 4th gen...i just wanna run it, i ran it against my cousins G35 and i was beat by only like half a car or something...that was on a ****ed up launch too...lets do it!

BTW: on my 4th gen 5spd, i did 140+ in 5th gear n the rpm was in 5600
sounds good bro, at the next meet?

and damn dude that is way better than my top speed in my 4th gen... RIP =[
Old 06-30-2011, 04:06 PM

well i have no idea if i'll be going to the next meet...got an $830 ticket to pay and i just got another ticket like 2 days ago...its going to be anywhere from 300-600.

on another note...my max is lightly modded. OBX headers, Megan Exhaust...thats it...i'll be running DB's DE-K after i pay the tickets n i'll also be running a piggyback n i might run a shot of NOS...lol. we'll see how that goes...
Old 06-30-2011, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by kid_grave
well i have no idea if i'll be going to the next meet...got an $830 ticket to pay and i just got another ticket like 2 days ago...its going to be anywhere from 300-600.

on another note...my max is lightly modded. OBX headers, Megan Exhaust...thats it...i'll be running DB's DE-K after i pay the tickets n i'll also be running a piggyback n i might run a shot of NOS...lol. we'll see how that goes...

haha awesome! and that sucks with the tickets. i think if i added up all the tickets i have gotten it would total something like 3-4 grand. FTP!!
Old 06-30-2011, 04:30 PM

Damn...idk what to say man...I would love to go but I'm short on funds...
Old 06-30-2011, 05:32 PM

5.5 gen 6 speed is the faster period end of story. 6th gen 6 speed is just a touch slower than the 5.5 gen 6 speed. A 5.5 gen automatic probably isn't as quick as a 6th gen automatic because the 6th gen has a 5 speed auto vs the 5.5 gen's 4 speed auto. Yes I know some 2004 models came with a 4 speed auto but most didn't.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by jasoneon
5.5 gen 6 speed is the faster period end of story. 6th gen 6 speed is just a touch slower than the 5.5 gen 6 speed. A 5.5 gen automatic probably isn't as quick as a 6th gen automatic because the 6th gen has a 5 speed auto vs the 5.5 gen's 4 speed auto. Yes I know some 2004 models came with a 4 speed auto but most didn't.

could'nt have said it better myself. If the maximas are 6 speeds thats a whole another topic or question. But a auto 6th gen and a auto 5.5gen...I say the 5.5 gen would win. And if they were both manual 6spds then the 5.5 would still win.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:59 PM

there we go again with power to weight figures... there alot more to cars than an engine and its weight!!! hello??????

hello???? I said also if the driver was good or bad....hello??? do you know how to read?..or are you hooked on phonics?
Old 06-30-2011, 06:27 PM

man...my 4th gen will win...idk why, but running on hopes and dreams will do alot more than arguing!

Old 06-30-2011, 06:32 PM

ugh this thread is pointless everyone just says whatever year they have is faster, without any kind of research... then when research is brought up everyone says its bogus.... come on guys
Old 06-30-2011, 06:40 PM

i got NOS...what can i say
NUFF SAID...
Old 06-30-2011, 08:02 PM

lol you are all stupid.. my goal is to get a video of a 6th gen and a 5.5, do a few runs, and post it up. until that happen how about we ALL STFU!!

agreed?
Old 06-30-2011, 08:58 PM

WTF? are you guys kidding me? is this really even a question? how does a Maxima forum have this many members and a question as basic as this is unknown...

Nissan makes every newer generation of their cars faster then that last. what car company doesn't?! it would hurt sales especially with the Maxima being Nissans flag ship car.

Look, i really hate to admit this, but I OWN A 6 speed 5.5 gen. My lil bro has a 2006 5 speed A/T. We race all the time, and he kills me every time. at a roll, he destroys me. from a stop, i take him in first, he stops falling behind and hangs a little behind me all the way through 2nd, and the very second i have to stomp on the clutch, tack the RPM and slam it into 3rd the race is over, he passes me up and keeps on walking me. I ****ing hate it, lil bastard has a faster car than me, and i've raced him every way possible. and NO i don't suck at driving, i can shift faster then a pair of fleas can f*** on a hot day.

so get over yourselves 5th genners and stop dreaming, your stuck with a slower car. yeah, the numbers on paper seem to show we have a SLIGHT edge, but my only guess is our drive train is not as efficient as the 6th gens. something im surprised to see so many of you don't comprehend. its not about how big the engine is to the weight of the car, it how the car is geared and how efficient the drive train is. for a car enthusiast forum, not many of you actually now anything about cars...

if numbers on paper in regards to power to weight ratios was always correct then a 2 ton turbo Cummings diesel that's pushing 500 HP would rape a corvette when we all know it would be lucky to hit 14 on the quarter mile.

even tho a 6 gen is faster i still love my 5.5 better, it can out handle a 6th gen anyday of the week.

BTW, we both have CAI, he has cat back, i have headers and cat back and a bunch of suspension upgrades.

Last edited by revvinMAXto11; 06-30-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by revvinMAXto11
WTF? are you guys kidding me? is this really even a question? how does a Maxima forum have this many members and a question as basic as this is unknown...

Nissan makes every newer generation of their cars faster then that last. what car company doesn't ?!

Look, i really hate to admit this, but I OWN A 6 speed 5.5 gen. My lil bro has a 2006 5 speed A/T. We race all the time, and he kills me every time. at a roll, he destroys me. from a stop, i take him in first, he catches up and hangs with me all the way through 2nd, and the very second i have to stomp on the clutch, tack the RPM and slam it into 3rd the race is over, he passes me up and keeps on walking me. I ****ing hate it, lil bastard has a faster car than me, and i've raced him every way possible. and NO i don't suck at driving, i can shift faster then a pair of fleas can f*** on a hot day.
so get over yourselves 5th genners and stop dreaming, your stuck with a slower car.

even tho he is faster i still love my 5.5 better tho, it can out handle his 6th gen anyday of the week.

we both have CAI, he has cat back, i have headers and cat back and a bunch of suspension upgrades.
Hmm interesting, I have a 6th gen and I always thought the 5.5 was faster.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by hero782
Hmm interesting, I have a 6th gen and I always thought the 5.5 was faster.
yeah... i wish!
Old 06-30-2011, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by revvinMAXto11

Nissan makes every newer generation of their cars faster then that last. what car company doesn't?! it would hurt sales especially with the Maxima being Nissans flag ship car.

Look, i really hate to admit this, but I OWN A 6 speed 5.5 gen. My lil bro has a 2006 5 speed A/T. We race all the time, and he kills me every time. at a roll, he destroys me. from a stop, i take him in first, he stops falling behind and hangs a little behind me all the way through 2nd, and the very second i have to stomp on the clutch, tack the RPM and slam it into 3rd the race is over, he passes me up and keeps on walking me. I ****ing hate it, lil bastard has a faster car than me, and i've raced him every way possible. and NO i don't suck at driving, i can shift faster then a pair of fleas can f*** on a hot day.

so get over yourselves 5th genners and stop dreaming, your stuck with a slower car. yeah, the numbers on paper seem to show we have a SLIGHT edge, but my only guess is our drive train is not as efficient as the 6th gens. something im surprised to see so many of you don't comprehend. its not about how big the engine is to the weight of the car, it how the car is geared and how efficient the drive train is. for a car enthusiast forum, not many of you actually now anything about cars...

if numbers on paper in regards to power to weight ratios was always correct then a 2 ton turbo Cummings diesel that's pushing 500 HP would rape a corvette when we all know it would be lucky to hit 14 on the quarter mile.

even tho a 6 gen is faster i still love my 5.5 better, it can out handle a 6th gen anyday of the week.

BTW, we both have CAI, he has cat back, i have headers and cat back and a bunch of suspension upgrades.

Thank you!!! Jesus Christ Mary and Joseph!! Exactly what i was trying to say about the drive train.
i agree its sad people are so clueless about how cars actually work..

even tho, i think your comment should lay this to rest, i want hard evidence in the form of a video to settle this. I'm still looking for a 5.5 gen to accept the challenge.. still have no takers.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:40 PM

The only 5.5 gen that goes to our meets is frogman, ask him
Old 06-30-2011, 10:01 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJhvSeNTBQ0

5.5 wins by .20 seconds.... i think its coming down to a drivers race.. its the same engine and both of these cars were stick judging by the chirp from both in 2nd gear... btw both had light bolt ons.... so for all those who say they run 5.5s by a couple of car lengths its probably because the 5.5 driver sucks
Old 06-30-2011, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by bgawad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJhvSeNTBQ0

5.5 wins by .20 seconds.... i think its coming down to a drivers race.. its the same engine and both of these cars were stick judging by the chirp from both in 2nd gear... btw both had light bolt ons.... so for all those who say they run 5.5s by a couple of car lengths its probably because the 5.5 driver sucks
few bolts on.. could you be any more vague than that?

ill stick to what revvin said for now because from his experience, it wasn't just one race, and he knows exactly whats on both cars.

a 5.5 with headers, cat back, CAI, intake manifold spacers, and a piggy back, would definitely beat a 6th gen with just a CAI and cat back, how do you know what each car has, and how do you know if the guy recording it knows anything other than what he can hear?

cool video, but not useful in solving this debate.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by hero782
The only 5.5 gen that goes to our meets is frogman, ask him

i did a members search on him and nothing came up? how do i contact him?
Old 06-30-2011, 11:50 PM

He's always on post on the West Coast section, you can find him there
Old 07-01-2011, 12:46 AM

so drew, lests run it when i get my CAI and my piggyback.
BTW closed course...aka 10 freeway east at 2am...lol jk.

Quick Reply: TOP SPEED