6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

A dare at last!!! Grand Sport Stripes on my 6thgen

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 03:50 PM
SmokinMaxSE

Its your Max so do what you like. Everyone started with something. Back in 2006 I filled in the hood lines with Chrome vinyl. When I got ready it just peeled right off. Negative response is good too. Don't laugh at me......

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 06-08-2010, 05:39 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

To each their own.... Now, if you get yourself a custom fiberglass hood.. the right one... those stripes could be totally kick a$$, otherwise they look "orphaned" without something for them to compliment.. just my own small, humble, opinion.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:06 PM

really aggressive looking, esp with the 7th gen rims mate... blacking out heads/tails anytime soon? Im confused as to some who think its horrible, yet have even worse looking mods on their cars.... Or are bone stock for that matter.... LMTO
Old 06-08-2010, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by SmokinMaxSE
Its your Max so do what you like. Everyone started with something. Back in 2006 I filled in the hood lines with Chrome vinyl. When I got ready it just peeled right off. Negative response is good too. Don't laugh at me......

just when i thought this couldnt get any worse

glad to see you came back to the light man car looks awesome now
Old 06-12-2010, 01:58 AM

hmmm ?

Not crazy about it because they kinda look like they are just "there" without some accents to tie it all together ... if that makes sense lol ? Although it gives me a idea of how to black out my roof trim so thank you : )
Old 06-29-2010, 04:03 PM

Thanks for all the reviews. My car has really been different driving around. And I do enjoy the puzzled looks I have been getting. I do enjoy it.

I recently found a vinyl shop that is cheaper than the guy I have been going to. So, I know I might change my car's look quite a bit.

Well, this is the recent update on my car. As much as I think the stripes complete the number "23", I have plans on taking the GS stripes off next moonth when I do something else. So, GS stripes coming off next month!

Before you wonder why I choosed "23", it is because that is Nissan's Nismo GT-R racing number. Here is a link and a pic for you guys to read about the number.

http://nissannews.com/newsrelease.do...&mid=1&id=1303

Go to paragraph 4, line 3, to see the number "23". And here is the pic of the GT-R

Old 06-29-2010, 04:04 PM

Old 06-29-2010, 04:08 PM

If you like this setup, let me know. Or if you have a better idea, share with me. If you feel different about this, it is ok. Just enjoy seeing something different and accept we all are unique. As for the rest, I will accept anything said. Just enjoy the viewing. They are all stickers and would come off ANY DAY.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:35 PM

Old 06-29-2010, 06:46 PM
oem ftw!

Originally Posted by 1997MAXZ
could be worse

Originally Posted by PetitFrereMaxima

How about now?
Old 06-30-2010, 02:45 AM
Turbo'd Saab

Originally Posted by 2000_MAXIMA_KING
and your LED with HID lights in halogen housings are any better?
Old 06-30-2010, 10:45 AM
SuPeRmOd

it will likely come off as though you are a nascar fan than anyone thinking of nismo.

and doesn't look like #23 has ever won a race...
http://www.nascar.com/kyn/nbtn/cup/d...number_23.html

but once again, your car man.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:57 AM

Old 06-30-2010, 11:31 AM
Advocatus Diaboli

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
it will likely come off as though you are a nascar fan than anyone thinking of nismo.

Or a Michael Jordan fan.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:21 PM
Turbo'd Saab

I remember when Jimmy Spencer drove the Camel 23...he use to light a cigerette up when they were under caution LOL
Old 06-30-2010, 05:24 PM

oh em gee

Old 06-30-2010, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by DrunkieTheBear
and your LED with HID lights in halogen housings are any better?
actually dont have the leds or hids i went back to a stockish as far as lighting and im more into perfromance rite now, but no they weren't ricey but this is definitely and you have the leds to smart *** all across ur headlights
Old 06-30-2010, 07:15 PM

lol@ gorilla tape..
Old 06-30-2010, 10:51 PM

I've never seen that before on a Maxima. Good job, it looks good.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:55 AM

Oh no! Yeah #23 has won and created history been the 3rd to achieve what it did. And it won the first year the GT-R took part in the race. Even after a weight penalty!

Here is the link. I would not choose a losing number! Go under Motorsport/ Super GT. Read the whole 3rd paragraph. This is about in the middle of the page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_GT-R

If I find a more famous number, I might change this. But I like #23 for the Nismo GT-R. I want to stay in the family. I wouldn't like it if someone mistakes it for Jordan. But I can't dictate what anybody thinks or does. So, its all good.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by 6.5affiliate
I've never seen that before on a Maxima. Good job, it looks good.
Thanks for the compliment. If anything, I just wanted to do something different. I really hope to do more. And I feel comfortable doing this really because they are stickers and I found a shop that does it even cheaper. So, stay tuned.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:22 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Great look!
Old 07-01-2010, 09:34 AM
SHIFT_my stick

wat are u doing??
Old 07-01-2010, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by PetitFrereMaxima
Thanks for the compliment. If anything, I just wanted to do something different. I really hope to do more. And I feel comfortable doing this really because they are stickers and I found a shop that does it even cheaper. So, stay tuned.
Ay, no problem man. Too many people are going for the same look with their rides. Any thoughts about either painting or putting vinyl on your trim, it would make the stripes stand out more. Honestly, the 23 in the back is going a little too far, it's just some constructive criticism. Anyways, looking forward to seeing your future mods.

Last edited by 6.5affiliate; 07-01-2010 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:05 PM
SHIFT_my stick

i think u have the wrong car. u need a pontiac or a chevy. IMO. not tryna be mean but hey its ur car - just my opinion. u started off great with the 2010s which no1 else has (except me). u need spacers for those cuz trust me i know how much they suck in the fenders. lower it. and take off the vinyls and u got a sick maxima! AT LEAST lose the 23. whats it stand for anyways?
Old 07-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Advocatus Diaboli

Originally Posted by lblackonblackl
i think u have the wrong car. u need a pontiac or a chevy. IMO. not tryna be mean but hey its ur car - just my opinion. u started off great with the 2010s which no1 else has (except me). u need spacers for those cuz trust me i know how much they suck in the fenders. lower it. and take off the vinyls and u got a sick maxima! AT LEAST lose the 23. whats it stand for anyways?
It stands for not reading or paying attention.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:46 PM

I do appreciate your comments. Yes, the 2010 are a little too tuck into the fenders.

Man, I wanted to do the spacers very much. But did not get to pursue it because Discount Tire told me they would not work on any car with spacers on. I buy my tires from them and it comes with lifetime balance and rotation. But they say they would not balance or rotate my tires if I have spacers on.

Anyway since you talked about it, do you happen to know anybody currently selling spacers? If I find an excellent deal, I might just buy it and try it out.

As for my number "23", check out post #86. It is Nissan's Nismo GT-R racing number.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:49 PM

at least the wheels are nice
Old 07-01-2010, 02:12 PM

idk what other people are smoking, but it looks really good. just because it was on an american car at one point doent mean u cant put it on ur maxima. Ive seen it on acuras, a few mitsubishi's and once on an infiniti. as long as it looks good, who cares what type of car it is from. now im also +1 on more black to accent it. Dont take it off cuz other people dont like it. But if they dont like it, then cool... They dont have to do it to their car. But i like the fact that u were bold enough to try it on ur car. looks really cool.. and for the 23, i jus got done making my own version of the nismo gtr on forza motorsports 3.. (couldnt afford the real one so i bought the stock one lol)...
But yea that makes me wanna put some stipes on my 4th gen. (after i fix my fender)
Old 07-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

What matters most is you're happy, minus the 23 sticker!
Old 07-01-2010, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by kyle_wise07
idk what other people are smoking, but it looks really good. just because it was on an american car at one point doent mean u cant put it on ur maxima. Ive seen it on acuras, a few mitsubishi's and once on an infiniti. as long as it looks good, who cares what type of car it is from. now im also +1 on more black to accent it. Dont take it off cuz other people dont like it. But if they dont like it, then cool... They dont have to do it to their car. But i like the fact that u were bold enough to try it on ur car. looks really cool.. and for the 23, i jus got done making my own version of the nismo gtr on forza motorsports 3.. (couldnt afford the real one so i bought the stock one lol)...
But yea that makes me wanna put some stipes on my 4th gen. (after i fix my fender)
we don't like it because its has nothing to do with if it's an american car or not. it doesn't even match the look of the car. the 6th gen is to rounded in front to have stripes going down like that and the black is out of nowhere. but i can tell by your comment about video game fantasies that you don't know any better.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:58 PM

wat are u doing??
Old 07-02-2010, 12:04 AM

its always gonna be hard to tell on pics. i personally have seen one 6th gen in person, but it was bone stock. now i know what youre sayin with the body lines and watever. but i mean yea it was random, but it has potential. im not sayin imma go put the gran sport stipes on my maximus prime, but i like the fact that he had the ***** 2 do it. and ya no wat? if u dont like it then w/e dont do it 2 ur car.. dont go bashin on him cuz he tried somethin new.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:29 AM

Definitely agree with that, people are spending too much time talking smack about this car.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:21 AM
KC's FINEST

Old 07-02-2010, 06:52 AM
SHIFT_my stick

Originally Posted by 6.5affiliate
Definitely agree with that, people are spending too much time talking smack about this car.
well then maybe he shouldnt post pics and ask people what they think about what he's done. cuz its a forum. lets see ur car im sure ppl will like it and some ppl will bash on it. but like i said its constructive critisism. but whatever. maybe ppl are just being nice. if they "like it so much" why dont they do it?

and no its really hard to find spacers. as for ur place balancing tires - take them off when u go there. not that hard.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:40 PM

This is the org and if you start a thread or even say anything in a thread people can always praise you or bash at you. Its all good. Overall, I like it a lot here because everyone is very friendly and what some people say can help you a lot.

The vinyl mod I am doing is something new and different to a lot of us and so the reviews I am getting is exactly what I expected. Mixed reviews. Some good, some different. Even when we went to the poll to vote for the a new president, not all voted for the current president. So, there would always be people who like something, and others who feel different about it. I think some people call people that do not agree with them "HATERS". I don't like to use that word.

lblackonblackl, I agree with you; people are nice. But that is in our nature, I believe. Many have said they like your car. That doesn't mean they should go do what you did. You might just have inspired them or made them think up something better to do. I might have done the same thing too. They might not go do vinyl, but might think up something close or even better. The first person that produced the first engine inspired the others that produced the first 4 cylinder engine and they in turn inspired those that produced the first V6 engines.

Soon, I plan to take off the stripes and keep the "23". But on the day I take off the stripes, I will be doing something else. So, stay tuned and keep on giving your reviews. I think the reviews are very helpful, no matter how they sound.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:25 PM

could this get any worse.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:12 PM

Man perk, i thought it couldn't get worse then the "23" came
Old 07-02-2010, 04:04 PM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by perkman87
could this get any worse.
i've seen quite a few worse 5th gens... just saying.

Quick Reply: A dare at last!!! Grand Sport Stripes on my 6thgen