6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Dropping off car before lease is due

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 01:47 PM

Dropping off car before lease is due

Anyone drop off a lease before it's due and not pay the early termination or anything? I am getting real frustrated with my Nissan and I swear I wish I can just drop it off at the dealership and walk away. Don't really care about the credit risk or **** like that, just worried if they will garnish wages.

I called Nissan Financial and they said, they will sell it at auction and if it sells below the stated contract value I would owe that. Let me know, Thanks.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:20 PM
mwh

Originally Posted by bxsvx
Anyone drop off a lease before it's due and not pay the early termination or anything? I am getting real frustrated with my Nissan and I swear I wish I can just drop it off at the dealership and walk away. Don't really care about the credit risk or **** like that, just worried if they will garnish wages.

I called Nissan Financial and they said, they will sell it at auction and if it sells below the stated contract value I would owe that. Let me know, Thanks.
looks like you have an 06 so how long is your lease and how bad are the problems that you arewilling to f your credit?
Old 01-08-2010, 02:28 PM

Well I have an 08 SE, lease is up April 2011. The problems aren't real bad, nothing mechanical, but just alot of minor problems. For instance, the Alignment, pass mirror, clunking in suspensions, sounds and squeaks all around.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:16 AM
This Space for Rent

why wouldnt you have those issues repaired under warranty?
Old 01-09-2010, 07:40 AM

Are you planning on leasing or financing another vehicle through Nissan? If so, they'll sometimes have deals where you can terminate your lease early with no penalties. I know that Mercedes had a deal like that late last year. If you don't plan on leasing or financing another car through the same company, be prepared to get raped in da butt.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:47 AM

They are being repaired under warranty, its just what really pissed me off and why i'm so mad is the way I was treated at the dealership, like I am making **** up or something. The problems are minor. Right now it is mainly the pass mirror that doesn't tilt properly and the damn alignment, and clunking sound. I'm pretty sure it's a ball joint because they did the alignment twice. Hopefully they fix it properly.

I called Nissan and they said they had no early termination agreement. I tried looking into a G coupe. The Infiniti dealer said he could do a early termination and make a deal with Nissan, but Nissan said there are no deals given out, what you owe is what you owe.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:11 PM

If you lease or buy an Infiniti, Infiniti does their financing through Nissan so they may be able to work out a deal. Of course Nissan Corporate won't tell you anything because it's not their policy but they will make case by case exceptions, especially if you're going to be spending more money with them.
Give it a try, but make sure they don't rip you off on the Infiniti. Treat the infiniti purchase/lease as an independent transaction, don't let the dealer bully you around telling you "how much they're saving you on the Maxima return".
Old 01-09-2010, 04:57 PM

Thanks popcorn. I'll hopefully see how my car is Tuesday.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:09 PM

bsvx, sorry to hear about what you are going through with your lease. Its really unfortunate, but the way the economy is going and knowing these dealerships make a lot of money off leases, they would really not want to work with you. These people want to squeeze as much as they can from us, consumers. Even if you go to Infiniti, whatever they do, they would probably roll-over the balance unto the new lease or loan. Thereby bumping your payments.

Your best bet, is to do what popcorn said. While trying to get as much as you can to pay down the lease as much as you can or just make up your mind to stick with the car till April 2011. Atleast, it is an 08, hopefully you don't end up loosing too much money. These dealerships do not care about us! They want their money!

I wish you the best.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:36 PM

Thank you PetitFrereMaxima for your words of wisdom. I can definitely stick it out with the Maxima, I love it to death, it's just these annoying nuisances. The best part of the Maxima to me is the motor and transmission, so much get up and go! The IS250 compared to my Maxima is different in ride comfort, but has no where near the power compared to the Maxima. I really wanted a 7th gen but with what i'm going through I highly doubt it. Anyone know if Infiniti's quality is better? I really do beleive that the cars Built in Japan is less problematic than the one's here that are glued together with parts from all over the world.

Hopefully I get my car repaired. I am going to test drive it next time before signing the paper and not test driving it. If it's not fixed, i'll just leave it at the dealership and pursure arbitration against Nissan. At minimum I need a financial reimbursement, paying toll wasting gas taking time off out of my spare time to chase a '08 or repairs is unacceptable.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:57 AM
mwh

mine is not a lease but I had a similar experience with my dealer and it is the warranty that is the problem, not the lease. turns out that only the dealerships certifed tech can do warranty work and they do not get paid the same hourly rate as they would doing normal repairs. needless th say, I had some problems they copuld not figure out and they did not get fixed, the tech tried to make me believe I was imagining the problems, but the same problems remain. next time I will be buying a car from a company that honors its warranty program equally and that won't be from Nissan.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:28 AM

Sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing bxsvx. I know exactly what you are going through. I formerly owned an 03 5th gen, much better built in my opinion than my 06. I bought it new, but I had some minor issues with things like sunroof etc and Nissan was not very helpful. Sometimes talking to them was like talking to a tree. Most of the time I just took matters into my own hands and fixed it myself with help from other org members. Vowed never to buy another Nissan, but ended up doing so out of convenience and the fact that I was getting a good deal on the car compared to some of the RAV4's and Outbacks I was looking at with about the same mileage and year. The 06 has been good to me so far, but I have only had it about 6 months so I will see as time goes by. Unless you can get a deal with the Infiniti I would stick it out until April 2011 unless of course more things start breaking especially something major. Good luck.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:16 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I have had minor issues with my 05 Maxima...I still have the clunking noise coming from the front when I hit a rut, small pot hole or a indented manhole. I know that I can trouble shoot the noise since I have done it before. I will be replacing all the top components that hold the shocks and springs...mine is lowered on Eibachs and my shocks are KYB GR2s. But as far as the little annoying minor defects, I'm lucky that I like my dealership and that I get along with all the staff including the Service Techs, Service Manager and the mechanic assigned to my car. This goes a long way to customer satisfaction. I've even done things like paid for pizza lunches as a way of thanking them for working on my car. My dealership has special rates for cars that reach 5 years old...I pay $62 an hour plus I get 10% off of that for being a loyal customer...so just over $55 and hour compared to some private garages that charge between $75 and $85 an hour! Well guess what? My car hasall of the minor issues resolved and now next spring the front noise will be resolved. Meanwhile I maintain my car very carefully. I personally inspect the car everytime it goes in the shop during oil or tire rotations and other work. I keep the car clean inside and out and usually by May its in showroom condition! I also have engine and exhaust mods ....My car is very fast on the highway too so I also upgraded my brake parts...if you guys need any tips please feel free to ask, that's what we're here for. To summarize, I do not plan on changing my car as it rides fantastic and I have yet to see anything out there that can match it for the same amount of $. Nothing comes close! Everything is over priced....especially Audi A4s A5s and BMW 335s. The nicest cars I've seen so far are from Detroit...I like the new Ford Mustang GT (rear seats) compared to 370Z and especially the new Buick Regal (Opel in Europe). A lot of people say that the Nissan Maxima is the Japanese equivalent of a Buick. I wish that Nissan had built that car. It's absolutely stunning and the interior is very cool. The Turbo 4 has a lot of potential and in 2011 there will be a 6 offered. I also like the new Toyota sports coupe with the Subaru Boxster engine...that's going to be a reasonbly priced car to with a beautiful design to boot. I plan on keeping my 05 for at least a couple more years.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:38 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Y wont you just go to another dealer for your repairs? sounds dumb but hey im sure there are good tech out there working with nissan. I havent had any major problems with my 08 but when I ran into small stuff I went to 1 of 3 local dealers and chose the one that treated me best...
Old 01-11-2010, 01:57 PM

Yea i would say find another dealer, I have an 07 and havent had to go to the dealer once. the little squeaks and rattles in the interior i fixed myself. These are good cars and when matched with the right service department makes for a happy driver.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:38 PM

Playa_FL

Yea i would say find another dealer, I have an 07 and havent had to go to the dealer once. the little squeaks and rattles in the interior i fixed myself. These are good cars and when matched with the right service department makes for a happy driver
Playa_FL: I can technically fix my own interior noises, but why? I got a new car to avoid doing any kind of repairs, or pay for repairs excluding maintenance. You my friend have a lot of patience, lol.

Service advisor called me stating my car is ready, hopefully it gets repaired or the car will stay at the dealership!
Old 01-12-2010, 06:02 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by bxsvx
Well I have an 08 SE, lease is up April 2011. The problems aren't real bad, nothing mechanical, but just alot of minor problems. For instance, the Alignment, pass mirror, clunking in suspensions, sounds and squeaks all around.
Dude, you live in the Bronx where some of the ****tyest roads in the nation exist. I'm originally from NYC so I know, you'd probably have those same problems driving a Hummer!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Let's not talk about Quebec roads specifically spring time in Montreal too! LOL!
Old 01-13-2010, 10:02 AM

Ok, so I got my car back today, many of the items on the service work sheet were "could not duplicate issue" which is a bunch of bull crap, because the second I stepped in the car, my brake pedal still made noise, my mirror tilted to the moon again. I then read they only did an alignment, which I knew it wasn't going to work, it literally lasted 15 miles and then back to being off. I know it's the ball joint, I am about 99.9 percent sure, because I still hear a slight clunking on bumps.

The rep from Nissan called me and I stated I got car and its in the same condition, he said we are trying to buy it back, I said good do you want a video or something to prove to you its still not working, he says no I beleive you. So Thursday I should be receiving a call in regards to this. He says if they don't buy it back they will try to honor my request for some of my lease payments to be refunded to me.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:09 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

The Bronx try the hole damn city. New York is the worst with all of these pot holes. but I hope everything works out well with U. I hate when they treat someone like that. U was important when u first went in there to buy your car, now thet the car is sold, u are no longer important. If things dont work out call (Help me howard), channel 9 news....GOOD LUCK....BUT DONT MESS UP YOUR CREDIT FOR A FEW MINOR PROBLEMS
Old 02-04-2010, 09:23 AM

3x-Lol, I should call help me Howard. I thought about it and i'm not going to give it in. But everyday, the squeaks get worse and worse. They said I would receive an answer to my buyback request, so I pray they approve it or I will have to take the next step.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I feel your pain man, I was on the highway and I guess the guy next to me fell a sleep and swerved into my lane I had to move into the shoulder and pass infront of him, since then the car's been making clunking noises which are very anoying and frustrating, I'm planning on taking it to the dealer and see what happens..
Old 02-09-2010, 09:13 AM

Ok, so Nissan called me stating that the car hasn't indured enough technical issues and wasn't there long enough. Such BS!!! Mind you all, my car's not fixed, so I am probably going to take it back on Monday and let it sit there until fixed. I was also thinking of calling arbitration, which I told the Nissan rep was going to do, and he was pretty quick to give me the number, so I am assuming, even if i go that route I will lose anyway. Anyone have a lemon law lawyer?
Old 03-23-2010, 04:36 PM

ahhh 1 more year