6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Opinion on Springs..

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 01:22 PM

Opinion on Springs..

I want to lower my car asap. I was either looking at D2 springs, Progress, eibach, or dropzone. Which do you think is best. Im looking for a even look , I dont want the rear to sagg. Thanks
Old 02-03-2011, 01:58 PM

Before people chime in with "use the search button", I'm going to tell you two things dude ->

#1 - you really should check the search button for the consensus on what most of us here are using as spring/strut combo.

#2 - I spent a good chunk of my time doing research here and thanks to the help of the .org family, I decided on going the Progress/KYB GR-2 route. I love the stance, handling is increased (I have other suspension mods as well) and I think it looks the best IMO.

If you want to see some pics, check my garage buddy.

Hope this helps you
Old 02-03-2011, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by the macedonian
Before people chime in with "use the search button", I'm going to tell you two things dude ->

#1 - you really should check the search button for the consensus on what most of us here are using as spring/strut combo.

#2 - I spent a good chunk of my time doing research here and thanks to the help of the .org family, I decided on going the Progress/KYB GR-2 route. I love the stance, handling is increased (I have other suspension mods as well) and I think it looks the best IMO.

Hope this helps you
I did try to search up on this but nothing really helped. And thank you!
Old 02-03-2011, 03:37 PM

Hope this helps you
How much did it cost you for parts and install?
Old 02-03-2011, 07:04 PM

Ive been looking to complete the same process.. After looking around here and the my6thgen Ive found the best/most popular combo is the Progress springs with KYB-GR2 so thats what I will be ordering. It has the least rear sag and is the best for everyday drivability. If yours is more of a show car and youre not worried about daily driving, there are other options out there that drop lower.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by dpeles1
How much did it cost you for parts and install?

install was a few coronas and some peking duck (the usual that my tech guy charges).

The cost was not bad, got them from Justin from importcarpartsplus.com, great guy, fast shipping. I just got killed on the import duties which was almost as much as the set of KYB's.

I assume the charge for install would be like $80-$100, unless you wanna come to Toronto and we can get it done
Old 02-04-2011, 08:19 AM

install was a few coronas and some peking duck (the usual that my tech guy charges).

The cost was not bad, got them from Justin from importcarpartsplus.com, great guy, fast shipping. I just got killed on the import duties which was almost as much as the set of KYB's.

I assume the charge for install would be like $80-$100, unless you wanna come to Toronto and we can get it done
Adult beverages are always the best way to pay.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:43 AM

Depending on where you live and how well the roads are maintained, then Progress will be a good alternative. If the roads are as bad as they are here in Cleveland, Ohio then Progress springs may shake your molars loose. I had the Progress and switched back to OEM because of the bad roads here, on smooth highways they were great. I am hoping that sometime in my future I will go with HNR or Teins.

As for install, easy, I could do the front end in about an hour with hand tools, floor jack and stands.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:04 AM

Progress or Tein, that's all.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:22 AM
KC's FINEST

Originally Posted by RAZ76
Progress, that's all.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:47 PM

I have Eibachs with factory shocks/struts on 20's. Looks good but it's ride quality from 1-10 is a 3. I have had Eibachs new on 4 new cars. Always poor results