6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

THIS IS BULL****!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 07:05 PM

yeah man you cant drive the same way as with your factory's on.. dont sweat it..it could be worse ..it is annoying though....
http://fixrim.com/

better prices than wheels america turn around time is usually 48 hrs..
Old 07-21-2009, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by xoomer.com
Everybody complains about their roads, wait till you see what we got in NY.

All the stuff that's marked for off-road use only can be used in here. After all we are all off-roading even when on the highway.
IS BROOKLYN IN THE HOUSE? without a doubt..LOL.. i have bent so many wheels in BK, that the local shop on Clarendon and King Hwy knew to expect me at least once a month..lol

I love these roads in Georgia though.. i can spot a pothole with enough distance to swerve...

Last edited by Staggered357; 07-22-2009 at 05:23 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:48 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Hey man, I feel your pain....So far since this spring I have replace One set of Eibach PRO Kit 1 lowering springs, 1 FR KYB GR2 Shock and now just last week a FL KYB GR2 Shock. The parts were exchanged free due to lifetime warranty however the installation at my garage was not. Thankfully my wheels are still OK.
My front top bearing plates were both replaced in May and now the RHS top is making a bit of noise again.Those were replaced by my dealer under extended warranty and so was my front strut with the endlinks. For you information...my front Eibach spring was cracked in half! And I hardly drive my car....thankfully the road crews have repaired all the pot holes in my area - west island Montreal.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:42 PM

All the stuff that's marked for off-road use only can be used in here. After all we are all off-roading even when on the highway.
All cold weather states that see snow have horrible roads. Boston roads suck all so. I lived in Florida for 1 year and man those are some smooth roads
Old 07-22-2009, 06:50 PM

All cold weather states that see snow have horrible roads. Boston roads suck all so. I lived in Florida for 1 year and man those are some smooth roads
Old 07-23-2009, 03:53 PM

Ouch!!!!

I would be crying, that's gotta hurt.
I feel for you.
How much will that cost to replace?
Old 07-23-2009, 03:55 PM

$120.00 to repair.
$320.00 to replace.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:14 PM

[QUOTE=eminemdpc;7119310]Just look at the pic.

[/. Sux man just fix and careful nextime

Last edited by bandulu; 07-23-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:19 PM

That true man NYC roads are badd!!!! Even on long island I hate some roads..
Old 07-24-2009, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by xorbitman
Hey man, I feel your pain....So far since this spring I have replace One set of Eibach PRO Kit 1 lowering springs, 1 FR KYB GR2 Shock and now just last week a FL KYB GR2 Shock. The parts were exchanged free due to lifetime warranty however the installation at my garage was not. Thankfully my wheels are still OK.
My front top bearing plates were both replaced in May and now the RHS top is making a bit of noise again.Those were replaced by my dealer under extended warranty and so was my front strut with the endlinks. For you information...my front Eibach spring was cracked in half! And I hardly drive my car....thankfully the road crews have repaired all the pot holes in my area - west island Montreal.

\
Hey off topic, but I like the look of those rims. What and how much are they?
Old 07-24-2009, 04:31 PM

TSW Vairano 20x8.5
I paid $1773.00 (rims,tires,mounting/balancing,shipping)
Old 07-24-2009, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by eminemdpc
$120.00 to repair.
$320.00 to replace.
I'd shop around more that's a minor bend. Over here I can get that fixed for $30-45... for $120 they'll refinish the entire wheel. I been on 20's in NYC for a while now so I feel your pain, have spent quite a bit keeping them "maintained".
Old 07-24-2009, 04:34 PM

f**k a pot hole. Sorry man thats just terrible.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:47 PM

OOO thats pretty poopy...sorry bro
Old 08-06-2009, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by addicted2pain
\
Hey off topic, but I like the look of those rims. What and how much are they?

Thanks for the compliments!
Last summer I paid aprox $1k Cdn for them just before the Canadian Dollar and the markets crumbled. The are Konig Again 5's 18" x 8" and fit perfectly.
The tires are off Michelin's BF Goodrich line (2nd Line) and they were $700 for all 4...amazing! Tax in CDN (Quebec tax is 15.5%; provincial and GST (Canadian Sales Tax). They are Riken Raptors.
They are 245/45/18 ZR rated 4 star.

I get a lot of compliments on the Rims....Especially when they're clean! LOL! And with all the rain this summer, it's been tough!

Last edited by xorbitman; 08-06-2009 at 08:15 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:45 PM

just a suggestion, and someone correct me if im wrong too, but i know i read this somewhere on this forum but once u get the rim fixed or get a new one send the bill to ur county and they could refund u the money
Old 08-09-2009, 09:36 AM

that sucks man, those are one of my favorite sets of wheels on your max too
Old 08-11-2009, 05:08 PM

Pain in the tit, dude. Same thing happened to me. How much do you get charged for that repair?
Old 08-12-2009, 02:24 PM

damn dude... i feel ya pain man. i went into a pot hole like a month ago and my right front tsw snetterton bent, but very slightly. my toyo tire was done! freakn $200 to replace one tire! the bend on the edge was so slight the guy said it's not worth fixing because you can hardly see it. plus it balanced fine... I can see the bend though because there's a bit of rash on the spot where it bent slightly
Old 08-12-2009, 04:45 PM

Man. I finally took my rim to WheelsAmerica yesterday. I go to pick it up today and the bend is gone but... I noticed ALOT of bubble looking stains all over the inside of my rim. You know the part where they stick the weights. Well I told the guy WTF??? What happened there? He said thats how I brought the wheel to him. I said HELL KNOW!!! So we got into it and then he told me he's going to fix it. I was pissed off because if the wheel really was like that and he knew it he would never agree to fixing it. He knew someone F'ed UP and hoped I would not notice it. So watch out guys! If you plan on taking a wheel to them make sure you have a before pic.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:11 PM

wow.... that sucks but im glad he is fixing it...

most of the time they are just fine to deal with. it may have just been your local one that was not the best... I had one of my wheels fixed from them and it came out flawless... then the body shop tried to clean it with acid (not really, but i wouldnt doubt it) and it completely discolored the rim and the shop had wheelsofamerica fix the wheel in 1 and a half days for free.

all-in-all, just be cautious... taking before and after pics would be very good to do.

glad everything is getting fixed.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:50 PM

Went to WheelsAmerica today AGAIN to pick up the wheel they messed up. And they messed it up even more. The bleached spots were touched up "totally visible" AND they re-machined my face and lip and it doesn't even match the other 3 wheels. So I still don't have my rim back. So much for their 24hr turnaround service. This is the LAST time I ever go to them!!! I might as well buy a new rim.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:36 PM

wheels

Originally Posted by maxed_out_saloon
just a suggestion, and someone correct me if im wrong too, but i know i read this somewhere on this forum but once u get the rim fixed or get a new one send the bill to ur county and they could refund u the money
no thats a pain in the a** to get them to pay for it, you come out cheaper just getting a new one or getting it repaired