6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Seamless Ventshades, 4-Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 10:05 PM

Seamless Ventshades, 4-Maxima

Hey Guys, Im looking for some opinions about ventvisors. I dont care much for the typical ones that look like bubbles and stick on, I found several that I like, The in-channel ventshades that slide and lock into the weatherstripping on the door frame. But cant help to wonder if they tear the seal a little. The ones I really like are the AVS seamless ventshades,they look real low profile, they even come with a chrome strip for some models that have chrome trim. They sit real flush and look like they came stock on the car.Here is the problem I have found them for everything but the maxima, Infinity,Honda,Toyota and even the Nissan Altima but none for maxima. Does anyone know if they make em? or if the ones for the Altima will fit ours? If ya havnt seen these buggers Ya gotta check em, they would look real good painted to match car. Maybe if they dont make for maxima we could send AVS some email and persuade them to. I know your thinking why? but if Ya seen how slick and still functional these seamless ones are Ya might see what I mean. I know My max isnt the only one that fogs up so easy when raining, Where I work there is no shade to park in and it is a woodworking factory so I already have a hell of a time keeping the fine saw dust out of interior and vents. One other employee had his back window blow out lasy summer cuz he had all his windows up in 95 degree temp. the pressure builds and blows out windows. I really need some ventshades of somekind so I can leave windows open about a half inch and not have an inch of saw dust on my dash. Well anyway try to let me know if any you maxima experts have any info regarding the AVS seamless Ventshades or any other good designs that isnt an EYESORE. As usual thanks for the help,Maxman7
Old 04-26-2009, 10:16 PM

http://www.autoventshade.com/PartDet...81&catcode=AUT
Old 04-26-2009, 11:22 PM

i think those are the wrong ones... hes looking for
They almost look flush with the car.. I have been trying to find some for a while now too. Good luck, if you do make sure you post it up!
Old 04-27-2009, 04:49 AM

weather tech makes them

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp...=503&Year=2008
Old 04-27-2009, 02:24 PM

Ventshades

Hey guys,Thanks for the info, but I know the ones I am seeking are made by AVS, Maybe weathertech makes some too? Anyway, wouldnt the ones for Altima fit ours too,maybe not but damn close gaurantee ya. I found some for Altima,They sale many more of the less expensive Altima. If you guys want we can get AVS website and hound them to make em for maxima if they dont already. Im gonna check round some more.maxman7
Old 04-27-2009, 02:28 PM

ventshades

Hey guys, Im sure the ones I am seeking are made by AVS brand. I appreciate the help. I say we need to contact support for AVS and see if they make em for maxima and if not try to get them too. I know they make em for Altima,and some Infinity so maybe they have a uni one or something. We will find em one way or another.maxman7
Old 04-27-2009, 02:38 PM

you could always buy the altima ones.. and if they dont fit its not a total loss.. throw them on ebay...
Old 04-27-2009, 04:06 PM

dont see whats wrong with the weathertech ones... they make great stuff.

and i wouldnt even try the altima ones. i dont see that working out well at all.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by maxman7
Hey guys, Im sure the ones I am seeking are made by AVS brand. I appreciate the help. I say we need to contact support for AVS and see if they make em for maxima and if not try to get them too. I know they make em for Altima,and some Infinity so maybe they have a uni one or something. We will find em one way or another.maxman7
Go for it... you lead the way!

Make a poll asking who would be interested.

find out AVS contact info.

If enough people respond to the forum post, write AVS an email or letter and direct them to the Poll........... easy stuff!
Old 04-27-2009, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by 2LEET4U
Go for it... you lead the way!
I think the problem is that he doesnt know the way
Old 04-28-2009, 09:42 AM

Vent Visors

NEWBIEEE. go with the weathertech brand, i had that same brand in my 98 pathfinder and they are still on there (i say had b/c ex wife has it now) I also had it on my 02 sentra ser (i say had b/c traded car in, new owner has it now). The only reason i do not have it on my 08 YET is because i want to spend the money on other mods, but will get very soon. Weathertech makes a quality product. You wont be dissapointed, DO NOT BUY THE ONES THAT STICK ON, i hate to see cars wiht the stick-on ones, just my two cents. Good luck
Old 04-30-2009, 03:01 PM

vent shades

Problem is Newbie here is picky,and I like the seamless ventshades , Im sure the weather tech are good but when I go to buy something I get what I want not whats in stock or the cheapest,what is gonna justify spending hard earned money. I sent AVS a email yesterday to ask if they do make a seamless vent for maxima,s, so if they do Im sure they will let Me know if not probably wont here from them and that would be a good time to send them a email of a so to speak petition to get them in production. And by the way for the guy who said " I dont think He knows the way to post a poll to vote" He is exactly right. But to be a smart a-- right back why didnt He include the procedure for posting a poll? Anyway, I will figure it out and try it,I have seen polls on here before to vote on types of tires. I just need to start a poll that asks, Would you love to buy some AVS seamless ventshades for your Nissan,Maxima? If so vote yes and list make and model of automobile. maxman7
Old 04-30-2009, 06:02 PM

AVS ventvisor

In the long run go with what you like, its all about personal preference at the end

Last edited by HMAX08; 04-30-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:44 PM

Ventshades

Hey, I have sent severeal E-mails to AVS about the seamless vents for 04-08 maxima,There response was they dont make them and wont make them even if I can show a million people would buy them. I guess they have their reasons.However she said they have just released some for the 09 model. Lot of good that does My broke ***. Well I did try,looks like Im just gonna go with the in-channel they make. maxman7
Old 05-11-2009, 03:36 PM

Heres mine when I had them ,