6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Cold Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by miguel90802
Look what the UPS man just left me

What a great guy. I had to pay for mine lol
Old 03-18-2009, 03:49 PM

Look what the UPS man just left me

congrads Miguel...you going to love it...and your face is going to be like this: , when you hear it roar...
Old 03-18-2009, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Nismo4life07
did it come with a hat or duffle bag?
I wish mine did. All that came with it was the NOS drink.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:02 PM

yeah all i got is the nos drink also can wait to install ima do it this weekend do you get any engine codes with install this what would be a good next mod im getting the modding bug now
Old 03-18-2009, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by trackstarz04
I wish mine did. All that came with it was the NOS drink.
mine too.. i've been offering to buy the duffle bag off of anyone who will sell it to me. lol.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:16 PM

yeah all i got is the nos drink also can wait to install ima do it this weekend do you get any engine codes with install this what would be a good next mod im getting the modding bug now
if u install it corrcectly it will throw no codes.. i made a write up on how to install it on 6thgenmaxima.org

next mod, drop. or a FSTB
Old 03-19-2009, 05:00 PM

I just received my Fujita CAI!!!! I am still waiting for my spacers (Which are scheduled to be here Saturday! My FSB and battery tie down from Racingline will be here tommorow (Unfortunately he was out of the VIAS plates, however he should have them in soon.) I am pumped to get all of these mods on, I am ordering the Y and B pipe on Monday to complete my first round of MODS. Where can I find your instructions on how to install the CAI properly? I tried the search and was unsuccessful, anyway you can direct me there? I want to make sure I do this right the first time!! Any suggestions on installing the spacers would be greatly appreciated! Does anyone know what the torque should be on the intake? I know this is hijacking however I am still unable to post, Sorry!!

Thanks
Old 03-19-2009, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by cmccort
I just received my Fujita CAI!!!! I am still waiting for my spacers (Which are scheduled to be here Saturday! My FSB and battery tie down from Racingline will be here tommorow (Unfortunately he was out of the VIAS plates, however he should have them in soon.) I am pumped to get all of these mods on, I am ordering the Y and B pipe on Monday to complete my first round of MODS. Where can I find your instructions on how to install the CAI properly? I tried the search and was unsuccessful, anyway you can direct me there? I want to make sure I do this right the first time!! Any suggestions on installing the spacers would be greatly appreciated! Does anyone know what the torque should be on the intake? I know this is hijacking however I am still unable to post, Sorry!!

Thanks
wow... mod bug really bit you goood didnt it. lol!!! great work bud.. anyways, here is the link to my write up.

http://www.6thgenmaxima.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6285

let me know if you have ANY questions!!!!
Old 03-19-2009, 06:51 PM

Much appreciated!! I will definitaly post my results over the next couple of days. Can't wait to experience the increased HP, I am interested to see how the CVT handles the change???

Thanks
Old 03-19-2009, 06:53 PM

Fujita all the way, the ones on a G37 sound and perform great
Old 03-19-2009, 07:01 PM

Thanks

Damn noobie, what bug bit you??? ...well i hope you show pictures when you get everything installed...
Old 03-19-2009, 07:38 PM

Much appreciated!! I will definitaly post my results over the next couple of days. Can't wait to experience the increased HP, I am interested to see how the CVT handles the change???

Thanks
Haha. Glad I could help! Good luck!

The CVT enjoys the jita. It likes mine anyway. Haha.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:22 PM

Sorry for my ignorance but I have a couple of questions:

1. Is the filter that comes with the Fujita the best filter to use? I took a quik look at it but did not determine wether or not it is an oil filter or a dry filter?

2. What is the proper torque on the intake manifold after installing the spacers?

Thanks
Old 03-19-2009, 11:14 PM

1. Dry filter... only need to wash with soapy water when it's dirty

2. Instructions should be on NWP's site:

http://www.nwpengineering.com/VQ35DE...structions.pdf
Old 03-20-2009, 04:14 AM

Im ordering mine today
Old 03-20-2009, 06:19 AM

Fujita all the way...have never had a problem with it and drive all the time in the rain...if your driving normal there wont be any problems but if your driving through lakes and sh*t your asking for a problem lol.....FUJITA= The Best
Old 03-21-2009, 01:51 PM

wow wow wow thats all i can say im very pleased with jita installed it last night and it sound great felt the difference right away. It was worth the buy i had picked up my girlfriend from worked and she asked what that noise she was talking about the jita
Old 03-22-2009, 12:07 AM

CMCCORT

Finished the spacers, FSB and Fujita. I can't wait to hear the Fujita, I wanted to let the permatex set up for 24 hours before starting. I will not get my exaust until the end of April it looks like, Brian has the B-Pipe but will not have the Y for a few weeks and that is really the mod I want on the car ASAP! I should have my sway bae earlt next week, I really need the VIAS plate but they are back ordered, hopefully in a couple of weeks. I will let you know what I think of the Fujita tommorow.

Thanks
Old 03-22-2009, 12:30 AM

Love my Fujita!!!
Old 03-22-2009, 08:50 AM

CMCCORT Question

Has anyone had any issues taking their car through the car wash with the Fujita? Will this pose any problems if their is an undercarriage wash?

Thanks
Old 03-22-2009, 01:08 PM

Fujita Intake

Man, now I see why everyone loves the Fujita!!!!!!!!!!!! I do have a question, is it normal to hear a high pitched whislte sound when excelerating? It appears to be coming from the filter area but I am not sure. I am praying that it is not an intake leak?? How would I know if the intake were leaking?

Thanks
Old 03-23-2009, 01:45 PM

Jim wolf seems like it is a rip of paying that much for a pop charger. Is there any way to install just a filter on the stock intake? Im guessing one would need a bracket of some sort?
Old 03-23-2009, 08:42 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Installed the fujita last week. Its awesome just buy it.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:12 PM

i just installed my cai yesterday and the service engine light went on...i have started it like 4 or 5 times and driven it probably like 50 or 60 miles, does neone have ne ideas?
thanx
Old 03-25-2009, 09:53 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by Hammer13
i just installed my cai yesterday and the service engine light went on...i have started it like 4 or 5 times and driven it probably like 50 or 60 miles, does neone have ne ideas?
thanx
Fixes:
- Disconnect the battery terminal for about 10 minutes, reconnect
- Anyone with an OBD-II code reader can erase the code. Autozone, Advanced Auto, Pep Boyz, friend etc
- Keep driving it, it will clear itself!!!

PS, don't thread Jack!!!
Old 03-25-2009, 10:28 PM

OK For those that are worried about water and your CAI. You have to be in a several foot puddle, just sitting there and revving your engine for water to affect you. Your CAI does not go all the way down to the ground for the average puddle/rainy day driving to affect it.

My Fujita ROCK btw ;-)
Old 03-26-2009, 06:05 AM

^^^ true in a way.

Water can be sneaky. If it is a heavy downpour, I recommend you wait it out. Just to be on the safe side. We don't need amy of our beautiful maxes getting hydrolocked!!!
Old 03-26-2009, 09:24 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

anyone know where i can get a fujita intake?..and also would the intake affect my warrenty?
Old 03-26-2009, 09:36 AM

wwoooowww......

have you read any of this thread? lol.

no the CAI will not affect your warrAnty.

and as for buying one. follow this link.
http://www.6thgenmaxima.org/forums/v...2875&start=200
Old 03-26-2009, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by chernmax
Fixes:
- Disconnect the battery terminal for about 10 minutes, reconnect
- Anyone with an OBD-II code reader can erase the code. Autozone, Advanced Auto, Pep Boyz, friend etc
- Keep driving it, it will clear itself!!!

PS, don't thread Jack!!!
thanx bro, didnt mean to thread jack sorry, i just dont have my 15 posts to start my own thread(an i dont wana just spam it up to get them either) so i didnt know of ne other way to ask it, no disrespect intended
Old 03-26-2009, 05:46 PM

Help???????????????

I installed my Fujita intake, Spacers, VIAS and Grounding kit on my 08 SL. I am concerned that my low end dropped drastically, when you mash the pedal from a stop it seems to stall almost like it is flooded. Once the RPM's get up it seems to be fine, could this be because I still have the factory exaust on it??? Any ideas? I runs fine no idle issues. Could it be that it's an 08 and I need something additional? Any help is appreciated.

Thansk
Old 03-27-2009, 03:07 PM

I installed my Fujita intake, Spacers, VIAS and Grounding kit on my 08 SL. I am concerned that my low end dropped drastically, when you mash the pedal from a stop it seems to stall almost like it is flooded. Once the RPM's get up it seems to be fine, could this be because I still have the factory exaust on it??? Any ideas? I runs fine no idle issues. Could it be that it's an 08 and I need something additional? Any help is appreciated.

Thansk
Possibly your ECU has not learned to adjust for the intake yet.. just keep driving hard (don't break the law) and it may work itself out.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:15 PM

Thansk
well the CAI raises your high end power and decreases your low end power just a little. i believe everything you added actually helps your high end power and not your low end. so nothing is wrong with the car and it doesnt matter that you are running with your stock exhaust.. now, once you change out your exhaust you will feel the low end again. but you dont have to. you should be running pretty well with all those mods u put on.

hope this helps.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:27 PM

Thanks All

You were right, it did work itself out and ran much better this morning! I am really happy with the performance especially the mid to high range gains!!!!!!! I can't wait to get my Y and B pipe, Brian has the B-Pipe waiting (I have already paid for it) and the Y pipe should be ready middle to the end of April. Once those are on I am excited to drive it.

On another note, I called Bully Dog today to inquire about their Bully Pup for the MAX, I clarified their 30 Day money back guarantee. I think I am going to buy and give it a try, worst case I return it and cancel the credit card transaction. I am going to find a place here in NorCal to get it a Dyno before and after so that I can post the result's since to my knowledge no one else has done so. Does anyone have any experience with it? I really do not want to have my ECU flashed so this would be a nice alternative if I can get some additional HP?????
Old 03-27-2009, 06:36 PM

Fujitsu LOL
Old 03-27-2009, 06:39 PM

Pictures Coming

I will Take some really nice pictures tommorow with my wifes digital camera to post!!! I think you will like my setup, the steel braided grounding wires with the intake and FSB look reallt nice. I also added some much nicer chrome fastners to secure the racingline battery bracket and the main plastic engine cover. I will research tonight how to post pictures.

Thanks
Old 03-28-2009, 05:51 AM

Hey does jita get quiet after a while I had mine for a week and now it's not as loud as before
Old 03-28-2009, 08:10 AM

Hey does jita get quiet after a while I had mine for a week and now it's not as loud as before

I think it's more a matter of you getting used to the sound verse the sound changing...
Old 03-28-2009, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Hammer13
thanx bro, didnt mean to thread jack sorry, i just dont have my 15 posts to start my own thread(an i dont wana just spam it up to get them either) so i didnt know of ne other way to ask it, no disrespect intended

Give us an update if you cleared the light and what worked?
Old 03-28-2009, 10:54 AM

http://www.dashzracing.com/Intake-Co...-p6770795.html

I'm going to pick one of these up soon. A few guys on the other org has it and they say its good quality. Cant beat the cost.

Last edited by Playa_FL; 03-28-2009 at 02:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Cold Air Intake