6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Just got a used 06 maxima

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 10:49 PM

Congrats on the new MAX!!!! I had the chance to test drive my MAX a whole weekend straight from the Nissan dealership too bad it only took 15 mins and I was sold.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:53 PM

any of you guys have pics of your nissan with stripes
Old 12-18-2008, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by liljr415
any of you guys have pics of your nissan with stripes
what kind of stripes?
Old 12-18-2008, 10:57 PM

well it sounds like you got a good deal and you have some plans for it.. next month we're havting a meet. you should come!
Old 12-18-2008, 11:10 PM

i'm glad you got a 06 max like i did...but dude...DONT put strips on it...get LED tail lights thats someone is selling in the 6th gen classified...get some HID...drop it...even a simple mod of putting white LED where your license plate...but DONT put strips...
Old 12-18-2008, 11:10 PM

i would like to attend where and when and i dont know what kind of stripes some people have suggested racing stripes but i think they are expensive right
Old 12-18-2008, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by blaxima06
i'm glad you got a 06 max like i did...but dude...DONT put strips on it...get LED tail lights thats someone is selling in the 6th gen classified...get some HID...drop it...even a simple mod of putting white LED where your license plate...but DONT put strips...
dont worry i wont i am really interested in LED taillights how much do those retail for and is it something i can do myself and as for HID i know those are expensive and are a bit difficult to install right are they just plug n go
Old 12-18-2008, 11:36 PM

dont worry i wont i am really interested in LED taillights how much do those retail for and is it something i can do myself and as for HID i know those are expensive and are a bit difficult to install right are they just plug n go

for the LED taillights, here's the main website: www.ezkoncepts.com
. Thats where i bought mine, but there's a guy on the 6thgen classified selling it for cheaper, if you want to save a little money. For the HID, talk to operatic from: http://forums.maxima.org/group-deals...og-lights.html he has over 40pages of positive feedbacks, talk to him about HID...there's other HID mods you can do, changing the dome, vanity, and floor lights or even the license plate lights, there's a ton of stuff, just look at other peoples cars. I personally did the interior LED mod, red LED taillights, rotorpro with EBC red brake pads, i have progressive springs with kyb gr2 waiting to be put on, a fujita intake, but there are guys here who has A LOT more than me, check out chernmax, jsmithsole, those guys went all out...but i say just do just surfing around this website...you'll get some good ideas or deals...dont be afraid to ask questions either...
Old 12-18-2008, 11:40 PM

i would say don't but the HID's save the money for the tail lights.. search and wait till a good buy comes along.. nothing like waisting money on an impulse buy.. not that i would know anything about that lol if you ever want anything custom painted hit me up. i paint anything and everything..
Old 12-18-2008, 11:42 PM

for the LED taillights, here's the main website: www.ezkoncepts.com
. Thats where i bought mine, but there's a guy on the 6thgen classified selling it for cheaper, if you want to save a little money. For the HID, talk to operatic from: http://forums.maxima.org/group-deals...og-lights.html he has over 40pages of positive feedbacks, talk to him about HID...there's other HID mods you can do, changing the dome, vanity, and floor lights or even the license plate lights, there's a ton of stuff, just look at other peoples cars. I personally did the interior LED mod, red LED taillights, rotorpro with EBC red brake pads, i have progressive springs with kyb gr2 waiting to be put on, a fujita intake, but there are guys here who has A LOT more than me, check out chernmax, jsmithsole, those guys went all out...but i say just do just surfing around this website...you'll get some good ideas or deals...dont be afraid to ask questions either...
thanks imma get the black cover with red LED tail lights now i can ask someone from my family to buy them for christmas lol thanks man i love my 06 maxima and with those tailights it will be even better
Old 12-19-2008, 12:00 AM

man i wish i could have got a new car around christmas.. i mean sure i bought it but what a nice gift to myself.. you are quite the lucky guy..

Old 12-19-2008, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by NismoVQdet?
man i wish i could have got a new car around christmas.. i mean sure i bought it but what a nice gift to myself.. you are quite the lucky guy..

i know im lucky huh but im sure you will get something like that for christmas maybe not now but i the future
Old 12-19-2008, 12:47 AM

nice buy... i think the 8k HID's would look good!!

i got the same color with the 8k's, and i cant appreciate it enough ...

drop it, some nice rims, fujita (given) and maybe paint the grille?
Old 12-19-2008, 06:51 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Hey you guys im new to the forum but have learned a lot in the past hours. Well i got my used 06 Nissan maxima on saturday. I bought it for 21,000 i gave 2500 down payment an traded my 1992 Saturn. It it a good buy It has 43000 miles it is the SE it is fully loaded except no GPS. i has leather 6 cd changer, bose system, heated steering wheel and seats and sunroof. They also added a 7 year service plus warranty. I love my car and handles great i am a 19 year old student and have to say it is a nice first car. i want to know what i need to know about the car and how to take care of it and if it is a reliable car. Thanks
Congrats on your new car Bud but, that is not a good deal. You could have bought a 2007 with only 18K miles from a local dealer here for only $18,500. Heck you'd still be on the factory warranty.

Furthermore, I know where you can get a cherry white 2007 G35 with only 8K on the speedometer (factory warranty is good to 60K) for only $23,000. Leather, sunroof, ect...

Next time ask this question BEFORE the purchase. Again, congrats...
Old 12-19-2008, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by coolmax05
Congrats on your new car Bud but, that is not a good deal. You could have bought a 2007 with only 18K miles from a local dealer here for only $18,500. Heck you'd still be on the factory warranty.

Furthermore, I know where you can get a cherry white 2007 G35 with only 8K on the speedometer (factory warranty is good to 60K) for only $23,000. Leather, sunroof, ect...

i know but now im stick with it but i did get a 7year bumper to bumper warranty i just hope i got a good max u know but i wont know till i have it for a long time but i got financed at 16600 so i guess i bought it AT that price right
Old 12-19-2008, 11:21 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Dont put racing stripes on a maxima. You will be made fun of forever. The maxima is a Luxury Sedan/Sport Sedan, not a Mustang

300 a month for car insurance is insane
Old 12-19-2008, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by CaTalyst.X
Dont put racing stripes on a maxima. You will be made fun of forever. The maxima is a Luxury Sedan/Sport Sedan, not a Mustang

300 a month for car insurance is insane
+2 on those points. Racing stripes and pin stripes look horrible on this car. I saw one last night with pin stripes and for the first time said that's ugly in reference to a maxima. Most people I know that have pin stipes on their cars remove them and debadge anyway so you might not like it and might end up wasting money. If you are wanting pin stripes go to the store and buy Chart tape. It is somewhat sticky small tape that you can put on the car to get an idea before you make a horrible mistake. good luck with the modding and remember not every mod costs hundreds of dollars. do some research and you will be surprised on what you can afford. Most bang for your buck is allways something that's free.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:05 PM
Newbie just Registered

Congrats. No stripes.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:15 PM

Congrats on your new ride, and if your lookin for tailights a member is sellin them cheap in da classifieds.. good luck on da mods you'll get lots of ideas here of all different types. There are alot of sweet 6genners here...
Old 12-19-2008, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by coolmax05

+1 to this.. actually there is a 5 series with under 30k miles for 19g around here so..you didnt really get a great deal but wat ever.

please dont do stripes but if you want this is what i would do.

8k HID ( i recomend operatic, he is the best!), tint, rims, instake, 07 spoiler, black vinyl, red led tailights smoked,license plate led's, drop.

good luck and enjoy and make sure you park your car in a safe place when in school or at the mall etc. ENJOY!!
Old 12-19-2008, 06:45 PM
KC's FINEST

So is this thread doing any better than the other two in the F/S section?

Hopefully you get what you're looking for.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:40 PM

thanks for all the ideas i know i didnt get the best deal but i love my max and will stick with it i know 300 is a lot for insurance but its because im 19 and have had my license 2 years. the first thing i will do will be the taillights i like the smoke ones anyone have pics so i can get an idea my max is already dropped so i will save on that but spoiler and rims are 4 sure
Old 12-21-2008, 07:05 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Things must be significantly more in Ca. I just bought an 05 SL with 30k miles, it has all the options including the elite package for $13,150. That was a cash deal and I bought it out of state so I have to register it tomorrow in pa, and I will have to pay the tax, and I had to put tires on it so I'm going to have $14,300 in it total!
Old 12-21-2008, 10:40 AM

Yea you really didnt get a good deal. I bought my silver 07 Max SE last year brand new from Boardwalk Nissan in Redwood city for $25k with 4 year free oil change and they also threw in extended warranty. I can understand how hard it is to mod a car at a young age cause im also 19 attending UC Davis with little money to spare for mods but if your patient you can find good deals around the org. So far ive only added the following: 8k HID, CAI, Red L.E.D. from EZKONCEPTS, and all around tint. Just to give you a few ideas my future mods are the Greddy SP2 Catback, Gunmetal Nismo rims, Eibach lowering springs, and a stillen spoiler. But back to the racing stripes, dont make your car look like something its not because you dont wanna blend in with the ricers in SF. Good Luck with all your mods.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by tanman968
Things must be significantly more in Ca. I just bought an 05 SL with 30k miles, it has all the options including the elite package for $13,150. That was a cash deal and I bought it out of state so I have to register it tomorrow in pa, and I will have to pay the tax, and I had to put tires on it so I'm going to have $14,300 in it total!
its expensive in CA we have high taxes for my car it as about 2gs but if i was financed at 16600 why did my total come to 21000 does the finance include the state tax and interest thanks
Old 12-21-2008, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Ryaliu
Yea you really didnt get a good deal. I bought my silver 07 Max SE last year brand new from Boardwalk Nissan in Redwood city for $25k with 4 year free oil change and they also threw in extended warranty. I can understand how hard it is to mod a car at a young age cause im also 19 attending UC Davis with little money to spare for mods but if your patient you can find good deals around the org. So far ive only added the following: 8k HID, CAI, Red L.E.D. from EZKONCEPTS, and all around tint. Just to give you a few ideas my future mods are the Greddy SP2 Catback, Gunmetal Nismo rims, Eibach lowering springs, and a stillen spoiler. But back to the racing stripes, dont make your car look like something its not because you dont wanna blend in with the ricers in SF. Good Luck with all your mods.
is it easy to install the LED tailights i want to get me a pair maybe next month
Old 12-21-2008, 03:02 PM

It took me about an hour to install the LEDs but it was at night time with limited lighting. The hard parts are yanking out the OEM tail lights and matching up the wires but youll figure it out in 2 minutes.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:25 PM

is it easy to install the LED tailights i want to get me a pair maybe next month

its very easy...but like rya said, just pull the OEM taillights out is the tough part, but it only took me 30 to 40minutes because i was being very careful...you should get them...you'll love them...
Old 12-21-2008, 09:17 PM

which ones do you think would look better on a silver 06 maxima im thinking the clear ones
this ones
http://www.ezkoncepts.com/led%20tail%20lights.htm
wat do you think i like the clear ones but the blacks ones look nice too
Old 12-21-2008, 09:46 PM

i say black ones...i have red on my black max, but kind of wish i got black, but over all im happy...so yea...go black LED tails on your silver max...
Old 12-21-2008, 09:53 PM

i say black ones...i have red on my black max, but kind of wish i got black, but over all im happy...so yea...go black LED tails on your silver max...
do you have pics of ur max
Old 12-21-2008, 11:22 PM
Banned

When i was 17 I got the SE-R Altima Pictured above.. and I had a 2000 Max SE 5-spd before that.. whats wrong with young guys gettin a max hehe they are a good all around car and will suit anyone
Old 12-21-2008, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by ser_altima
When i was 17 I got the SE-R Altima Pictured above.. and I had a 2000 Max SE 5-spd before that.. whats wrong with young guys gettin a max hehe they are a good all around car and will suit anyone
i agree i have a nice car and am only 19 i have one of the best rides at school and i love how everyone looks at me when i drive by just want to add rims and led taillights soon maybe after christmas
Old 12-24-2008, 12:29 AM
Go BUCKS!!!

Originally Posted by KCmaxx
So is this thread doing any better than the other two in the F/S section?

Hopefully you get what you're looking for.
Yeah, those two are gone.

$600 a month seems like a lot for a college kid to drive a car to school and back. Not to mention, if you start doing mods (do NOT put any stripes on your car) it's going to add up even more. At least you got a warranty; that will help with maintenance issues (if any occur), but like someone else mentioned, I think I would have gone with a much less expensive car/payment.

FYI...no need for multiple threads on the same topic
Old 12-24-2008, 07:07 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I just got an '07 maxima too and i'm 16, but it was my older brother who's a cop so he passed it down and got himself an A5. The car was almost paid for just like 4K left so i decided to take on the payments and ask my parents to pay insurance for me. So yeah i'm paying about 300 a month, but i have a job making like 215 a week (H&M in Manhattan). Just confused on whether to get a nismo intake or fujita heading towards nismo only because my brother already had nismo headers and exhaust, so not sure.