6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

New Leather Interior Install Part 1

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 07:05 PM

New Leather Interior Install Part 1

Well as some of you know I purchased this kit about a year ago from Leatherseats.com. Anyway I inquired about the cost of an install from a local shop and they quoted me about $600.00. Needless to say I balked at the cost and it sat in my garage. Well today I decided to install the kit myself. I have never done this before but what the hey. Armed with a ratchet. tin snips, canvas stretcher and hog ring plier I went to work. Not an easy install for a newb, never took the rear seats apart either so that was a learning experience. Well 5 hours later and 2 very cramped hands and aching fingers I finished the rear. I have to say for a first time install they came out great. Tuesday I will install the fronts, I'm anticipating a much easier install. Here are some quick pics, let me know what you think. By the way I think they go great with the door inserts that I painted recently.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:54 PM

honestly very good install expecially 4 the 1st time! i just dont like the color scheme yea it goes with your car but i just think black interior with the red would look hawt! but still looks good +1!
Old 11-01-2008, 10:57 PM

nice now do some door inserts and clean the crapet
Old 11-01-2008, 11:09 PM

nice.... finally some CLEAN seats....

why didnt you get the whole mid section red? including the head rest?

either way, looks good.

Last edited by 2LEET4U; 11-01-2008 at 11:11 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by 90max
honestly very good install expecially 4 the 1st time! i just dont like the color scheme yea it goes with your car but i just think black interior with the red would look hawt! but still looks good +1!
I went with tan because that is what was origional to the car. The black would not match the dash and floor carpet as well as headliner.

Last edited by JoesRedMax; 11-02-2008 at 05:53 AM.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by mrjamaica98mx
LOL,I will after winter, I have the rubber mats in there now.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:40 AM
Master Will

very nice install good job, now you can pay yourself the $600.00 for all your hard work!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-02-2008, 05:03 AM

not really bad for a first timer...............looks good man
Old 11-02-2008, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by 2LEET4U
nice.... finally some CLEAN seats....

why didnt you get the whole mid section red? including the head rest?

either way, looks good.
I was modeling the interior after that of an SER, understated but sporty. Honestly it looks much better in person than in pics. Even my wife thought it looked great and she could give a crap when it comes to cars.
SER FRonts

My Fronts
Old 11-02-2008, 06:21 AM

good luck Joe. becareful with the air bags in the front...
Old 11-02-2008, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by MaxJ04
good luck Joe. becareful with the air bags in the front...
Ty, going to disconnect the battery before removing them, that should solve that problem.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:50 AM
Where is my shirt?

Originally Posted by mrjamaica98mx
whats a crapet? lol

just playing bro...

Yeah it looks hot and matches very well. Good luck with the project brotha!
Old 11-02-2008, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by JoesRedMax
I went with tan because that is what was origional to the car. The black would not match the dash and floor carpet as well as headliner.

yea i know your came tan interior alota money to go to black! but looks good reguardless
Old 11-02-2008, 01:10 PM

nice job for your first time always feels good when you acomplish on your own,like someone said remember the bags on the front installment GL with that.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:50 PM

Looks good much better than stock, man the time it takes to install it may just be worth paying a professional...lol.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:56 PM
GrandPa

Very nice now you can do mine. lol
Old 11-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Banned

not liking them bro sorry.

#1 your car isn't an SE-R so why have it on the seats? your perpin a lower model car...might as well have put GTR on em. or just bought SE-R seats and installed them probably would have been cheaper/easier.

#2 the color scheme doesn't work well i don't think. i would have done black and red and have the red go all the way up not stop 1/2 way through. look odd.

#3 custom interiors are nice i love mine. but i think it 'flows' with the interior and whole look of the ride.

#4 good job on the install looks good.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:11 PM
aka The Doom Ship

A for effort. The factory leather looks alot cleaner though.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by AllBlackMax
A for effort. The factory leather looks alot cleaner though.
i dont think he had leather at all to begin with. just cloth... and if he did, sorry for my big mouth.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by GrimMax
whats a crapet? lol

just playing bro..
It's that crap that gets dirty on the flloor of the car CRAPET! If you clean it then it becomes carpet again.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Torgus

#1 your car isn't an SE-R so why have it on the seats? your perpin a lower model car...might as well have put GTR on em. or just bought SE-R seats and installed them probably would have been cheaper/easier.

#2 the color scheme doesn't work well i don't think. i would have done black and red and have the red go all the way up not stop 1/2 way through. look odd.

#3 custom interiors are nice i love mine. but i think it 'flows' with the interior and whole look of the ride.

#1 I'm not perpin the Altima, if that was the case I would put Altima on my car. I like the SER badge because to me it means performance. Like the Type S Acura. Wanted to seperate myself from stock Maximas that old ladies drive. My car is far from stock and this is how I seperate myself from the crowd. Nissan dropped the ball and eventually I think there will be a SER Maxima to compete with Acura Type S for those of us who love the car but would like to see a more performance oriented one. Hell they do it for the Sentra and Altima, both inferior cars.

#2 To each his own the color scheme, as far as going with black I think that would have looked horrible with the tan dash, steering wheel, carpets and headliner.

#4 Thanks for the props.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:21 PM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

This guy doesnt like ANY 6th gen mods... Always ripping... if its not ricey then its not for him IE: his car.. .
Old 11-03-2008, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by JoesRedMax
#1 I'm not perpin the Altima, if that was the case I would put Altima on my car. I like the SER badge because to me it means performance. Like the Type S Acura. Wanted to seperate myself from stock Maximas that old ladies drive. My car is far from stock and this is how I seperate myself from the crowd. Nissan dropped the ball and eventually I think there will be a SER Maxima to compete with Acura Type S for those of us who love the car but would like to see a more performance oriented one. Hell they do it for the Sentra and Altima, both inferior cars.

#2 To each his own the color scheme, as far as going with black I think that would have looked horrible with the tan dash, steering wheel, carpets and headliner.

#4 Thanks for the props.
Iwas goin to respond but you responded . He's always knockin someone, hey is your car your mod and like I said looks good. I myself think the same way SER is performance or modified on a Nissan

Originally Posted by Fastmax05
This guy doesnt like ANY 6th gen mods... Always ripping... if its not ricey then its not for him IE: his car.. .
LOL..You right as we say out here he just hatin...
Old 11-03-2008, 04:51 PM
Banned

hey guys get off my nuts. seriously. off now.

he did a great job on the install. i just think his color choice was off, as well as the SE-R logo. It's from an altima. period. It's just as bad as a GTR emblem it has NOTHING to do with his make, performance package, or model IN MY OPINION. sorry i call em like i see em.

Nissan isn't going to make an Maxima SE-R. sorry to dash your dreams. they make SE-R sentras and altimas, which incase you've all missed it are lower end models. period. if you wanted SE-R seats a swap would have been cheaper and easier IMO. but the op responded to that which i respect to a degree.

if you want to see a custom color scheme that works well with an interior peep mine. or other members.

i don't hate on all 6th gens. i hate on ones that don't look good and in no way am i hattin on this guy. he modded his interior and installation wise did a great job. i'm sure it was very hard to do. i just disapprove with the emblem and the color scheme. again look at mine or other members who have custom interiors. i feel they flow much better IN MY OPINION.

again op grats on the mod and the hard work. it's not what i would have done or think looks good but you don't mod your car for me. you mod it for you. I'm VERY happy you like it.

the rest of you get off em!

just to get this straight 6 genners SE-R emblems are ok but GTRs arn't??? either way it's perpin somethin you arn't nor can/will ever be WHICH IS NOTHING TO BE MAD ABOUT.

2theMaX05: SE-R and GTR mean the same thing to you then i am sorry for you.

Last edited by Torgus; 11-03-2008 at 04:59 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:41 PM

he did a great job on the install. i just think his color choice was off, as well as the SE-R logo. It's from an altima. period. It's just as bad as a GTR emblem it has NOTHING to do with his make, performance package, or model IN MY OPINION. sorry i call em like i see em.

Nissan isn't going to make an Maxima SE-R. sorry to dash your dreams. they make SE-R sentras and altimas, which incase you've all missed it are lower end models. period. if you wanted SE-R seats a swap would have been cheaper and easier IMO. but the op responded to that which i respect to a degree.

if you want to see a custom color scheme that works well with an interior peep mine. or other members.

i don't hate on all 6th gens. i hate on ones that don't look good and in no way am i hattin on this guy. he modded his interior and installation wise did a great job. i'm sure it was very hard to do. i just disapprove with the emblem and the color scheme. again look at mine or other members who have custom interiors. i feel they flow much better IN MY OPINION.

again op grats on the mod and the hard work. it's not what i would have done or think looks good but you don't mod your car for me. you mod it for you. I'm VERY happy you like it.

just to get this straight 6 genners SE-R emblems are ok but GTRs arn't??? either way it's perpin somethin you arn't nor can/will ever be WHICH IS NOTHING TO BE MAD ABOUT.

Did I hit a soft spot LOL....relax dont take it personal is all good....
Old 11-03-2008, 11:10 PM

Not bad at all man esp for your first try...
Old 11-03-2008, 11:30 PM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

Joe, I thought you were going to sell the car...

Either way... Its looking great..

do you still have those Black chrome Stock SE's rims?

remember if you ever sell let me know.. LOL.. ill steal them in a heartbeat!

Last edited by Fastmax05; 11-04-2008 at 12:55 AM.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:21 AM
Master Will

it still amazes me after all these years how Maxima.org is the only site that a hey look at my new mod on my Maxima!(we are all here cause of the love of driving and modding Maxima's) turns into post after post of bashing on someone's ride................
Old 11-04-2008, 03:33 AM
Go BUCKS!!!

It's definitely not the only site that does that.

On that note...I think it looks kinda like

Old 11-04-2008, 05:18 AM

Joe, I thought you were going to sell the car...

Either way... Its looking great..

do you still have those Black chrome Stock SE's rims?

remember if you ever sell let me know.. LOL.. ill steal them in a heartbeat!
I was, but when the economy tanked I decided not to. The car is paid off and now is not the time for a new car payment. Going to wait till 2010 and buy a new Camaro SS. I have a thing for them, first car was a 77 Camaro and 3rd car was an 88 Iroc-Z.

I still do have the rims, going to be taking them off soon for winter. They held up great all summer, not one nick or scratch. I will keep you in mind if I ever want to unload them.

Thanks for the props. Going to tackle the front seats today. Then maybe next week I might try to fix the back a little better now that I know what I am doing.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:59 AM

Calling your car a GTR is a different animal all together. Its like calling a Cavalair a Corvette. SE-R in the Nissan world as well as Type S in the Acura world is just a performance upgrade from a stock model. Slight modifications to the engine, brakes, wheels, suspension...etc, etc. I see my car as a performance upgrade from a stock Maxima, ie, wheels, suspension, engine, brakes. I'm not trying to be another car just a sport modified Maxima. Its all in the interpratation. No harm, no foul everybody has there own opnion. As far as I'm concerned my car is better and has more power than an Altima or Sentra SE-R. They could never be me.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:48 PM

not feelin the colors.

but looks like you did a good job. and props for taking on a project like that. its nice to see there are some people out there that arent afraid to try things!
Old 11-04-2008, 04:42 PM

Just Finished The Fronts

Here is a pic of the fronts, they were just as hard to install. Bu all in all I'm happy with the outcome and proud of myself for doing the job. My hands look and feel like ground up meat though. LOL
Old 11-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The whole job is an excellent one for someone's first effort. I have tried my hand at this and done far less successfully than you did. Of course, you are probably aware by now that some of us lack social skills (and/or have a surplus of testosterone), so don't take criticism too seriously. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:25 PM

nice, but +1 for the 6MT ser max
Old 11-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Black Lion

Fantastic job .. once your all done you feel very good about the good job you did and so will your pockets. Im eventually going to do my own .
Old 11-07-2008, 01:46 PM
KC's FINEST

LOL

Careful guys, this hater means business...

Last edited by KCMAXX; 11-07-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:26 PM

Looks good finished congrats man....
Old 11-08-2008, 06:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by KCmaxx
LOL

1st of all your making a mountain out of a molehill. at the end of the day i gave my opinion and you didn't like it. sorry if i think the seats don't look good regarding the colors and logos. and sorry if i called him out on the SYMBOL from another CAR. i understand none of you have the ***** to do it. an SE-R is performance wise superior to a maxima so putting that logo on the car when NISSAN will never release a 6th gen SE-R or 7th gen SE-R is kinda :gay: as i said it's the same as a gtr logo neither have ANYPLACE to be on a maxima. period. end of discussion. if you want to believe it does have fun. your wrong.

again op you did a GREAT job installing it. congrats on the mod. i'm glad you accepted my opinion as opposed to other members on here.

OMG you found a picture of me from 3 years ago!!! right after that i put in dreads in and went to a pimp n hoes kegger. you know one of those themed parties with hot *****es all around dressed like hoes that you never get invited to. i'm sure you've heard of them.

do you have sand in your va jay jay again? is this what this is all about? do you think i'm embarrassed because you found a picture of me? go look on my facebook/myspace i have plenty. the fact you took time to find it is hilarious, and shows exactly the kind of person you are

also Altima SE-R > 6th gen Maxima stock for stock, better looking, performance, price, AVAILABLE MODS, 6 SPEED NOT A Gizzay CVT etc. the list goes on.

sorry but your post = fail

thanks for coming in today! fail again soon!

Last edited by Torgus; 11-08-2008 at 06:55 AM.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:54 AM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by KCmaxx
LOL

EMO HATCH?

Quick Reply: New Leather Interior Install Part 1