6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Alarm System For 6.5 Gen??

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 10:36 PM

Alarm System For 6.5 Gen??

Guyz is it possible to get an after market alarm system with the 6.5 gen max [keyless/push button entry]?? not sure how it would work.. if the push button would still work?

what about just adding a pager.. would the same thingz apply... [wonderz].. lemme know thnx
Old 09-07-2008, 09:06 AM

I don't know where you live brother, but I can help you out. If yoingu really want a good answer and you are serious about it you need to call the shop I work for. I am currently stuck in a **** hole in Afghanistan but I can still hook you up. I am NOT trying to sell anything, just trying to get you an answer. Call (260) 373-0591. Ask for either Jared or my brother Chris Norris. Ask for Chris first. Tell them Jesse (Kelley) referred you. Clifford has what you need for your car. Good Luck brother,

J
Old 09-09-2008, 09:51 AM

thanks.. im in queens ny.. not sure where 260 is lol.. anyone else have any idea??
Old 03-30-2009, 08:41 PM

So has anyone had one installed? I'm about to install mine and kinda curious how it works with the proximity key...
Old 03-30-2009, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Levissan
Ask for either Jared or my brother Chris Norris

Do you go by the name Chuck? I sure hope sooo... we need some Chuck Norris *** kickin in Afghanistan..............

Anyways, back to the topic.

I believe there have been a few Viper remote start alarm systems installed in our Maximas.

Last edited by 2LEET4U; 03-30-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:59 PM

Anyone do their own? Wondering how it went, how it works with prox key? Been installing for years but haven't done a newer Max yet.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:46 AM

well ill update you... i went with the clifford 2way alarm sys [2 way pager]... i was able to keep both of my key fobs & all that was needed was a i-link module...i didnt do the install on my own i got it done @ a auto shop..with the auto start part of the alarm it works fine but once you get in the car you have to press the brake to turn the car off and then turn the **** to start the car... not a problem 4 me..so thats the way it goes...so basically our car 07-08 maximas need a i link module.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by I3LaZeN
you have to press the brake to turn the car off and then turn the **** to start the car... not a problem 4 me..so thats the way it goes...so basically our car 07-08 maximas need a i link module.
Do you mean, press the break and turn the **** in order for the car to start?
That seems like the same precedure as the 09 max. Cool!

Can you start the car without having a key fob in your pocket?
Do your door sensors still work?
Can you unlock and lock your car with the key fob still?
Old 03-31-2009, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by 2LEET4U
Do you mean, press the break and turn the **** in order for the car to start?
That seems like the same precedure as the 09 max. Cool!

Can you start the car without having a key fob in your pocket?
Do your door sensors still work?
Can you unlock and lock your car with the key fob still?
1... if you use the remote start feature... once you get in the car, if the car is still running, you 1st gotta press the brake which turns the car off. Then you have to turn the car back on via the ****... you dont have to press the brake to turn it on. Its not like the push button feature that you gotta press the brake & then push the button 2 start. Basically im saying usually with a auto start feature.. when you use the auto start when you get in the car you just turn the ignition to on & press the brake & drive but now you gotta make the car turn off 1st (by pressing the brake) & then starting it back up with the **** & drive.

2... the car can start with auto start when your like in your house or where ever but once in the car you must have the key fob just like how you regularly have it.

3... door sensors still work but i dont use it due to the fact that if i activate the after market alarm & then use the door sensor to open the doors.. my after market alarm will go off. I don't use it though because with the aftermarket remote I just press unlock or lock while walkin to or away frm the car.

4... yes you can still use the key fob to lock & unlock but once again.. you just use the after market remote & that does the trick.

My factory alarm is still active... I just have an after market for real protection for my car & mods that I've done. Even if I forget to press the lock button on the remote.. after 30 seconds of leaving the car.. the alarm activates on its own. If someone is in the car and say I turn the car off & step out to go buy gas.. 30 seconds the alarm activates... both of them... if the person trys to open the door both of the alarms go off... after market & factory..

Basically with a after market alarm... you won't be using the door sensors any more & you'll only need to keep the nissan key fob with you in order for the car to start.

I hope this answers all the questions... let me know if you need 2 know anything else..
Old 03-31-2009, 01:10 PM

Did they tell u why u have to turn the car off then start back up again? Doesn't seem right. U should just be able to turn on ignition...
Old 03-31-2009, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by BOOTZ
Did they tell u why u have to turn the car off then start back up again? Doesn't seem right. U should just be able to turn on ignition...
not exactly 2 sure why... it took like 3 separate trips each of which i spent like 6 hrs @ the shop just to get all of this wrking... 1st he couldnt get the auto start to wrk all the time. only sometimes it would wrk & other times the ignition would turn over. then he tried it again using all the trouble shooting available.. then finally with the module. they didnt know why it wouldnt just turn & they would have to try to see how they can fix that but i said no thanks because they said they can TRY.. lol.. its not a problem to me though.. heres a pic of my remotes.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:46 PM

Hmmmm. Like I said I've been doin installs for a long time, just haven't done the newer Maxima yet. I guess I'll just have to figure it out and let u know how it goes. Never had a car defeat me yet!
Old 03-31-2009, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by BOOTZ
Hmmmm. Like I said I've been doin installs for a long time, just haven't done the newer Maxima yet. I guess I'll just have to figure it out and let u know how it goes. Never had a car defeat me yet!
Yea i hear you... this shop i went to been around doing installs for a really long time & have done auto starts w/ alarm for a long time as well. I even asked the installer which was the owner of the shop how long he been doing these things and he said 2 long 2 remember. he said he has done infiniti fx35's & other cars that have the same **** turning start like my maxima & never had this problem. my car was the 1st he has ever done that needed the I-LINK module ... & once again not sure if there was a way to just turn the **** to on & go but if you ever get to it let me & the others know. i could tell you when the car is auto started and you try to turn the ****... its locked.. **** wouldnt turn.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:18 PM

I3LaZen,
For alarm follow this link to the "other" maxima org. They have a prety nice write-up about adding shock/tilt sensors to the stock alarm.

http://www.6thgenmaxima.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8452
Old 04-01-2009, 08:26 PM

Wow! Really cool idea! But I need remote start and paging alarm. I want to be able to catch someone that tries to f*** with my ride!