6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Bose issues, 07 maxima.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 02:33 PM

Bose issues, 07 maxima.

Can we leave this hear just till I get some responds, cause honestly I don't think many will know the answer to this.

When I first got my car I would always use mp3 cd's or audio cd's, and they would bump like hell..I mean I would only have to turn it up to 15, and I would be happy with it..But then one day I noticed the cd's don't sound as loud as they used to..As in now the system doesn't knock..I have to turn it up to like 23, and for some reason it sounds like crap..But this only happens when playing it through a cd..For example when I play it through the ipod it plays perfectly at 15, then I play the same song off a cd and it just sounds horrible..And I know for a fact its not the way I burn the cd's, the cd itself, because I've tried store bought, burned copies, and orginals that I used to play when I first got the car..It seems as if the audio isn't amplyfiying? Sorry I really don't know how to explain this..Anyhow its a concern now because my video ipod doesn't seem to work anymore..So I'm wondering could it be a faulty headunit? Is that why the cd's never seem to play as loud as they should?

I know this is long and a bit confusing sorry. I'm just positve if I listen to this cd in another 07 it would knock differently then how it does in my car..I have 15k miles on the car, would the headunit be covered it if its faulty?

Thanks
Old 07-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Love my '09

sounds like you do have issues. I can play cd's so loud, it hurts my ears.

About the bumping? I assume you mean skipping?

Without hitting speed bumps at excessive speed, I've not had ANY issues in my 07.

Of course if "bump" means something else, ignore that rambling. I don't keep up with all the latest "slang" terminology. LOL
Old 07-20-2008, 04:02 AM

I recommend that you buy a cd cleaner that also acts as a demagnitizer. It sounds like it needs to be demagnitized. I think once you do that double check your burning software settings and make sure you have Normalize audio for all tracks selected then cut a new cd and see if that works. If it doesn't take it in and complain. And complain about it everytime you get an oil change from this day forward till they fix it. honestly more complaints in writing more ammunition when out of warrenty. ohh the bose system is rediculous in price so get it fixed while it's free.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:57 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yes, I think that he means "bump" in the sense of "hard hitting" or "Sounds really good". Sorry my head unit is working fine. Just check that you don't have the level adjuster on in the options. That could be messing you up.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:17 PM
Love my '09

Originally Posted by po8pimp
I recommend that you buy a cd cleaner that also acts as a demagnitizer. It sounds like it needs to be demagnitized. I think once you do that double check your burning software settings and make sure you have Normalize audio for all tracks selected then cut a new cd and see if that works. If it doesn't take it in and complain. And complain about it everytime you get an oil change from this day forward till they fix it. honestly more complaints in writing more ammunition when out of warrenty. ohh the bose system is rediculous in price so get it fixed while it's free.
Um, demagnetized? It's a laser. I doubt that an demagnetizer would help in this situation. It's possible that the amplification circuit is toast for the CD reading piece of his radio.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:22 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

You dont demagnatize a CD player, they either work or they dont. Mine plays crappy CDs without a problem, if yours skips it needs replaced.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:17 AM

my bose has some issues too, and only while playin CD's...

radio works fine.... since ure under warrentee, i say u go check it out
Old 07-22-2008, 06:09 AM

If you're not playing scratched CDs, there's absolutely no reason for a CD player to skip these days. If it skips, it's got an issue.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:14 AM

It doesn't skip! I don't think I ever posted anything about skipping.....I said the volume and quality sucks on the cd..As if its not getting enough power to push the speakers..But then when I put the ipod on, the system is crazy loud..but then go back to cd's and it sounds like trash,.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:58 PM

Sorry, just going off the replies. Is it all CDs (CDRs and store bought) or only CDRs you burnt yourself?
Old 07-23-2008, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by blackmax07
It doesn't skip! I don't think I ever posted anything about skipping.....I said the volume and quality sucks on the cd..As if its not getting enough power to push the speakers..But then when I put the ipod on, the system is crazy loud..but then go back to cd's and it sounds like trash,.
Sounds very familiar to me. Car Audio pro here. Some people love the sound of Bose. Many even use it as a selling point for their cars. Bose (in my opinion) is the most complex, fickle car audio upgrade on the market. Unlike your other speaker upgrades Bose feels it is necessary to create a sound system that is not compatible with any aftermarket upgrades. Of course anything is possible and aftermarket devises can be added and in your case it can make or break your system. A Bose system "knows" it limitations, to an extent. When you add you iPod you will notice a huge difference in the sound quality because you just added a mini active crossover. Depending on what kind of devise you are running you can adjust the volume output from your ipod. I am guessing you are running a freq tuner for your iPod. On to your crappy CD quality.
Delco/Clarion/Bose Car audio recevers are in short amazing. Is there better? Of course, but sometimes a small part of that 8 bit digital signal can go bad thus resulting in poor output. There is a company in NY that repairs Factory HUs. For a price of course. You can buy a new one for an insane amount of money or pay a couple hundred less and have them repair it. OR you can just buy an aftermarket Hu. Up to you.
I didn't go into your CD quility because rarly does numerous CDs create the same problem.

Just my 2 cents, Good luck with your problem brother,

Jesse
Old 07-24-2008, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by blackmax07
Can we leave this hear just till I get some responds, cause honestly I don't think many will know the answer to this.

When I first got my car I would always use mp3 cd's or audio cd's, and they would bump like hell..I mean I would only have to turn it up to 15, and I would be happy with it..But then one day I noticed the cd's don't sound as loud as they used to..As in now the system doesn't knock..I have to turn it up to like 23, and for some reason it sounds like crap..But this only happens when playing it through a cd..For example when I play it through the ipod it plays perfectly at 15, then I play the same song off a cd and it just sounds horrible..And I know for a fact its not the way I burn the cd's, the cd itself, because I've tried store bought, burned copies, and orginals that I used to play when I first got the car..It seems as if the audio isn't amplyfiying? Sorry I really don't know how to explain this..Anyhow its a concern now because my video ipod doesn't seem to work anymore..So I'm wondering could it be a faulty headunit? Is that why the cd's never seem to play as loud as they should?

I know this is long and a bit confusing sorry. I'm just positve if I listen to this cd in another 07 it would knock differently then how it does in my car..I have 15k miles on the car, would the headunit be covered it if its faulty?

Thanks
Yes, I do believe the head unit is covered under 3 year/36K