6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Dyno Results!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Where is my shirt?

Originally Posted by NYPD-Arnold
Drivetrain loss on a 2WD car is typically 15-17%. You've got about 285HP at the crank, and 310lbs of TQ.
I will just round that off to 290HP

Thanks for the info bro!!
Old 03-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Where is my shirt?

Originally Posted by anm6
Good numbers man. Another auto putting out some good numbers good job. Now some headers and tune.
Thanks!!

Exactamundo!

But I am gearing up for the computer next more so then the headers...

Brian isnt sure as to when the headers will be available still. Could be next year for all we know??
Old 03-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Wink. I'll do the rest.

Originally Posted by GrimMax
I will just round that off to 290HP

Thanks for the info bro!!
290hp!!! Nice. How is the extra power? Can you really feel it? How about torque steer? Any?
Old 03-10-2008, 03:37 PM
Where is my shirt?

Originally Posted by larsim
290hp!!! Nice. How is the extra power? Can you really feel it? How about torque steer? Any?
LOL no its probably 285 but I just round it off to the nearest tenth lol

Yeah I can really feel her now.

I can tell the tourqe is pretty high. She is all over the road. I really need to get endlinks and some other suspension/ handling gear.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Wink. I'll do the rest.

LOL no its probably 285 but I just round it off to the nearest tenth lol

Yeah I can really feel her now.

I can tell the tourqe is pretty high. She is all over the road. I really need to get endlinks and some other suspension/ handling gear.
LOL - no worries - what's 5hp anyways Still very impressive nonetheless
Old 03-10-2008, 03:44 PM
Where is my shirt?

Thanks Bro!!
Old 03-11-2008, 12:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Those are very decent numbers, Speedworld in Baldwin, on Sunrise Highway right?
Old 03-11-2008, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Hilbe
Seem close to mine. I ran about 239 whp before I put the exhaust and UDP on...
You tellin us that with intake and spacers alone you ran 239 whp , If you dont mind me askin do you have the dyno sheet bcuase thats kindof high for just those 2 boltone items, thats means with the exhuast and pullie your close to 250 plus are you sure.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:40 PM

Grim nice #'s you got there
Old 03-11-2008, 01:02 PM
I love lamp.

Nice! Putting out almost as much torque as my S/Cer.

S
Old 03-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Where is my shirt?

Originally Posted by Machinist
Those are very decent numbers, Speedworld in Baldwin, on Sunrise Highway right?
Yep Yep thats them!

Plan on going?
Old 03-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Where is my shirt?

Originally Posted by maximase86
Nice! Putting out almost as much torque as my S/Cer.

S
Thanks!!

Yeah your pushing nice numbers there!
Old 03-11-2008, 03:29 PM
Where is my shirt?

Originally Posted by 2theMaX05
Grim nice #'s you got there
Thanks bro!!
Old 03-11-2008, 04:57 PM

Yep Yep thats them!

Plan on going?
Might be in my future plans, years ago when I had a 454 Chevy that shop was "Motion Performance"
Old 03-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Where is my shirt?

Originally Posted by Machinist
Might be in my future plans, years ago when I had a 454 Chevy that shop was "Motion Performance"
Ok cool... I will roll with you if you want. Just PM me.

How long ago was that? 1946? lolol Just Playing brother!!

Question... How does Air Fuel Ratio make a difference in performance exactly?

Im looking at the print out and for example... it says that at roughly 70MPH the air fuel was 13????

It seems that the slower the car was going.,.. the higher the number on Air/Fuel.... I will indeed scan this in tomorrow to show you guys.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:04 PM

Is it worth getting the Kinetix? While I'm in South Florida, I'm attending the South Florida Nissan & Maxima Meet. I will be purchasing the spacers....so if I'm going to put on my spacers...should I get the Kinetix and the computer too? I already have the AEM CAI, the Unorthodox UDP and I've removed the resonator and modded the exhaust piping going to my two mufflers. We should be able to get better numbers than the New Mustangs! That new Challenger with the SRT8 at 425 HP is a bargain at 35K! You'd spank any Boxster or BMW 335i or the new 135ci coupe or even the Audi S4...incidently the 335i coupe beat the considerable more expensive Audi S4 in a closed track! Though I'm not a big fan of any of those German cars except the Porsche....Even the new
Audi R8 is nice but $$$$. I've heard of owners of Porsche Cayman S's putting in LSD (limited slip differentials) and smoking more expensive and more powerfull 911's! My stealership here in Montreal is an approved GTR vendor! And they are taking me for a test drive at the Montreal Formula 1 track this summer! I am going to lay down some serious Nissan rubber.....Apparently this is going to be one of fastest cars ever....We also have a Bugatti Dealer here but I have not seen any Veyrons up close and personal ever...even at a car show....apparently they are just unreal...V16 over 1000 HP and 10 radiators! 4 Turbos...I mean this car is way over the top...You've all seen that famous Video from my favorite show...BBC's Top Gear and the Veyron test drive on the famous VW test track. (Along the old East German Border) VW loses millions of dollars on each one sold! (10 min version on Youtube) Oddly enough the guy who tested it, his nick name is "Slow" LOL! Yet he has taken it to 254 mph....leaving even F1 cars behing! That is fast! I'll stick to the roller coasters at Universal Studios and 6 flags thank you! That's like breakfast to me. I always thought that I would somehow be invited to backseat an CF18...one of my high school friends was in the Canadian Air Farce (shouldn't say that!) and flew F18's, exchanged with US Air Force and flew F16's and has landed his 18 on a US Carrier deck! Ouch! All Canadian 18's come equipped with tail hooks...ouch! We stay in touch and he is now an Air Canada pilot doing national "milk runs". Geez I digress sorry! LOL! Having too much fun!
Old 03-11-2008, 10:09 PM

BTW isn't the new 7th Gen Max making it's debut at the NYC car show next week?
Old 03-12-2008, 06:09 AM
dot dot dot ...

Why not have him email you the actual files vs just scanning them?
Old 03-12-2008, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
^^ yea what he said ^^
Old 03-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Where is my shirt?

Originally Posted by xorbitman
Is it worth getting the Kinetix? While I'm in South Florida, I'm attending the South Florida Nissan & Maxima Meet. I will be purchasing the spacers....so if I'm going to put on my spacers...should I get the Kinetix and the computer too? I already have the AEM CAI, the Unorthodox UDP and I've removed the resonator and modded the exhaust piping going to my two mufflers. We should be able to get better numbers than the New Mustangs! That new Challenger with the SRT8 at 425 HP is a bargain at 35K! You'd spank any Boxster or BMW 335i or the new 135ci coupe or even the Audi S4...incidently the 335i coupe beat the considerable more expensive Audi S4 in a closed track! Though I'm not a big fan of any of those German cars except the Porsche....Even the new
Audi R8 is nice but $$$$. I've heard of owners of Porsche Cayman S's putting in LSD (limited slip differentials) and smoking more expensive and more powerfull 911's! My stealership here in Montreal is an approved GTR vendor! And they are taking me for a test drive at the Montreal Formula 1 track this summer! I am going to lay down some serious Nissan rubber.....Apparently this is going to be one of fastest cars ever....We also have a Bugatti Dealer here but I have not seen any Veyrons up close and personal ever...even at a car show....apparently they are just unreal...V16 over 1000 HP and 10 radiators! 4 Turbos...I mean this car is way over the top...You've all seen that famous Video from my favorite show...BBC's Top Gear and the Veyron test drive on the famous VW test track. (Along the old East German Border) VW loses millions of dollars on each one sold! (10 min version on Youtube) Oddly enough the guy who tested it, his nick name is "Slow" LOL! Yet he has taken it to 254 mph....leaving even F1 cars behing! That is fast! I'll stick to the roller coasters at Universal Studios and 6 flags thank you! That's like breakfast to me. I always thought that I would somehow be invited to backseat an CF18...one of my high school friends was in the Canadian Air Farce (shouldn't say that!) and flew F18's, exchanged with US Air Force and flew F16's and has landed his 18 on a US Carrier deck! Ouch! All Canadian 18's come equipped with tail hooks...ouch! We stay in touch and he is now an Air Canada pilot doing national "milk runs". Geez I digress sorry! LOL! Having too much fun!

HUH!? LOL!!

That was all over the place brotha!!

But yes IMO... The Kinetix is worth every single dollar!! Big credit to Deus for letting me in on this mod!!
Old 03-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Where is my shirt?

You were suppose to tell me this before I went! I didnt know they could do that?? I didnt have time today to scan...actually I left the print out at my house.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by xorbitman
n/a 6th gen beating a 335 or S4?

Grammar>you
Old 03-13-2008, 06:18 AM
Where is my shirt?

Well I tried to scan but it was PDF file so I guess I will try to have them guys email it to me now
Old 03-13-2008, 06:33 AM
dot dot dot ...

You were suppose to tell me this before I went! I didnt know they could do that?? I didnt have time today to scan...actually I left the print out at my house.
Why not call them and ask them to email you the RUN FILES?

Run files:
http://forums.maxima.org/showpost.ph...9&postcount=19

Read the entire thread, it's good.

Last edited by NmexMAX; 03-13-2008 at 06:37 AM.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:35 PM
Where is my shirt?

Why not call them and ask them to email you the RUN FILES?

Run files:
http://forums.maxima.org/showpost.ph...9&postcount=19

Read the entire thread, it's good.
Yeah I did today and they said they do not do that...

Can you PM me your email addy and I will try to send a copy to you if you want...

But when i scanned... none of the actual lines from each pull showed through the scan??

Im just real curious into the whole air/fuel thing
Old 03-13-2008, 07:41 PM
dot dot dot ...

I find it strange that some shops actually do that, or don't do that . It's almost like they're trying to hide something.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:17 PM
Where is my shirt?

I find it strange that some shops actually do that, or don't do that . It's almost like they're trying to hide something.
The shop was ok....

Im pretty much out of options though on getting this on the post??