6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Some new Pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 09:11 AM
Incognito

Some new Pics

Spent 3 hours hand waxing my car on Monday so today I took some pics at work. Also shows my new Grill and debadged. Feedback is always welcome, Enjoy =]

Old 01-08-2008, 09:13 AM

looks tight man, nice work. cool grill btw.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:36 AM
Wink. I'll do the rest.

Looking good! White looks good on Maximas (when purchasing the Maxima I was torn between red and white).

However - since you asked for feedback I would consider: 1) new wheels
2) droping 3)tinting 4)new tips or muffler 5)07 spoiler 6)and finally removing that line-adhesive-strip-thingy on the sides as w/o it the car looks leaner/cleaner.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Incognito

Ordering my springs probably friday, already have the vinyl overlays for my tails but im scared to put them on lol, I ordered my mufflers but theyre back ordered for some reason and I havent gotten them, I honestly dont like the 07 spoiler I might get the 04-06 spoiler though, The line doesnt bother me that much, for some reason i think its a nice contrast on the white kinda brings the black together, with the tails blacked out it will look alot better.

were on the same page larsim. Must be a florida thing =]
Old 01-08-2008, 10:16 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Smooth ***, great job. I'd loose the grill but thats just my opinion. 3.5 on the grill though just has to go.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:38 AM
KC's FINEST

Pete, we should just trade decklids...

Everything you need is in my sig.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Incognito

ahh yes kc, I want those rims. And im gonna pick up those eyelids on friday i believe.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:46 PM

Looks good man must be nice to live in Tampa
Old 01-08-2008, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by larsim
Looking good! White looks good on Maximas (when purchasing the Maxima I was torn between red and white).

2) droping 3)tinting 4)new tips or muffler 5)07 spoiler 6)and finally removing that line-adhesive-strip-thingy on the sides as w/o it the car looks leaner/cleaner.
For some odd reason the pin stripe with the Nissan burger outline gets a lot of compliments or at least notice on my car. I could do without it but don't want to mess up the paint in the process. If someone is to remove it, they should do it asap so the paint under neath doesn't look different than the surrounding paint due to fade. The lighter the car the more obvious it looks.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:07 PM
KC's FINEST

Originally Posted by BigPete
ahh yes kc, I want those rims. And im gonna pick up those eyelids on friday i believe.
Make me an offer on the wheels... I need them gone to start the mutation of my pathfinder.

Car looks good, Id ditch the 3.5 myself.

Too bad you weren't any closer, we could swap deck lids and both be set.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:18 PM

Sparklinnn
Old 01-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Looks clean!! I saw a white Max today and noticed how nice the color looked. Id get rid of the burger on the back, the 3.5 badge on the grill, and I'd paint the lower front black area the same color as the car.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:17 PM

put a spoiler on that whip. it makes the back look much better
Old 01-08-2008, 02:32 PM

how about some red stripes?? hahahahaa i think you should go with the black and white theme too. and damn that car look soo shiny when the sun hits it. me liky.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:49 PM
SickSE

We're like twins.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by dineth00i30
how about some red stripes?? hahahahaa i think you should go with the black and white theme too. and damn that car look soo shiny when the sun hits it. me liky.
Yeah how bout those red stripes:

Old 01-08-2008, 03:27 PM
PIMPIN

I always love a clean car,no matter what it is. I would lose the Buc symbol and replace it with a Raven though.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Incognito

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
Yeah how bout those red stripes:

haha no thanks bro, the red is all you.

So im guessing you guys dont like the 3.5 on the grill eh? It looks alot better in person. Just thought Id do something a bit different. Moneys tight right now because of the holidays but in a cple weeks I should be able to dump a significant amount of money into my max. Springs are on my to do list. Even the stock 18"s will look alot better with a nice drop I think. Rims will sadly be last for me, I dont want to slap nice rims on stock rotors or without a drop. Wheel gap kills me.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:18 PM
GrandPa

Looks good. I like the grille.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:49 PM

Dang Bigpete, I give ya props for your ride. She looks good. That was the same layout I had with my Millenia S - Pear White with 5% tint job. Very tight lookin'. Congrats on your ride. And the grill looks good, bro. Goes good with your wheels.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Incognito

Originally Posted by ramberg
Looks good. I like the grille.
Originally Posted by Terrentius
Dang Bigpete, I give ya props for your ride. She looks good. That was the same layout I had with my Millenia S - Pear White with 5% tint job. Very tight lookin'. Congrats on your ride. And the grill looks good, bro. Goes good with your wheels.

ty ty

Old 01-08-2008, 05:02 PM

Oh . . . I almost forgot . . . .the front

Old 01-08-2008, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
Oh . . . I almost forgot . . . .the front

hahahha... lmao
Old 01-08-2008, 05:38 PM

[QUOTE=BigPete;6175460]Spent 3 hours hand waxing my car on Monday so today I took some pics at work. Also shows my new Grill and debadged. Feedback is always welcome, Enjoy =]

GIANTS BABY GINATS ALL THE WAY

HAHHAHAH. NO TB. LOL
Old 01-08-2008, 05:42 PM
SickSE

Is it not tinted? Or do you just mean lighter/darker?

Stock 18s FTW

Old 01-08-2008, 06:17 PM

Nice.... what a awesome ride.. clean and neat
Old 01-08-2008, 06:21 PM
nycnissans

car looks nice and clean
Old 01-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

EXCELLENT!!!
Old 01-08-2008, 09:07 PM

gotttta luv a clean 6th gen!! nice nice nice
i actually like the stock rims, they look good.

Though without the burger would look even cleaner

Last edited by hmr1979; 01-08-2008 at 09:10 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:40 PM
Incognito

Originally Posted by hmr1979
gotttta luv a clean 6th gen!! nice nice nice
i actually like the stock rims, they look good.

Though without the burger would look even cleaner
Ya Ive been thinking about removing it. I might go ahead and take it off hrmm...

Originally Posted by SickSE
Is it not tinted? Or do you just mean lighter/darker?

Stock 18s FTW
Amen I think the stock 18s are pretty nice. After the drop I might keep them and put some better rubber on them. Well see.

Originally Posted by farzin1

GIANTS BABY GINATS ALL THE WAY

HAHHAHAH. NO TB. LOL
NO NO NO... I have no idea what happened.. We were rocking you guys all first quarter then suddenly it all went to helll. Maybe next year go Jags! lol
Old 01-08-2008, 09:43 PM
Incognito

Photochopd it off really quick... What do you think? Burger or No?

Im leaning towards no. Time to call the Hamburgler and have his hungry *** eat it for me lol
Old 01-08-2008, 11:18 PM

BigPete! Your maxima looks great hope your considering the huge South Florida Maxima Meet in March. There's going to be tons of spectacular maxima
appearing, so let me know.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:53 AM

After a nice long wax, that's sweet. Congrats on your job.

The pinstripes seriously have to go, they look too 70's & 80's for a newer car. I know it's a matter of taste, but I don't understand what Nissan was thinking by putting those there...

FYI, for those removing pinstripes, save yourself tons of time by using Goo Gone, I found it at Walmart in the cleaning supplies aisle (not the car area).
Old 01-09-2008, 07:57 AM
Incognito

goo gone will remove pinstripes? can you go a little more indepth on the process of that for me.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:10 AM

goo gone will remove pinstripes? can you go a little more indepth on the process of that for me.
Removing pin stripes will remove fingernails as well, lol. Goo gone or lighter fluid and elbow grease is how I've gotten all my badges and decals off. Afterwards remove the oily film with alcohol, do a good scratch X or polish on the area and then re-wax. Don't use a plastic scraper or anything of that matter.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:18 AM
Incognito

Originally Posted by QwikKota
Removing pin stripes will remove fingernails as well, lol. Goo gone or lighter fluid and elbow grease is how I've gotten all my badges and decals off. Afterwards remove the oily film with alcohol, do a good scratch X or polish on the area and then re-wax. Don't use a plastic scraper or anything of that matter.

I normally use a heatgun and fishing line. Works great, as for the glue a clean rag and some rubbing alcohol or lacquer thinner. then wash it down. Been doing it for years, works great for me. Tho you have to be careful with the lacquer thinner dont go commando on it or youll be sorry.

As for the pinstrip. Im afraid the work isnt worth the reward. It looks weird in the pics but in person the black pinstripe ties in nicely with the car. Once I tint the tails and get some shoes on the car I think it will look 100x better. Ive also been considering black rims and the black roof overlay bat is making. Nice black/white 2 tone theme.

Last edited by BigPete; 01-09-2008 at 08:20 AM.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:24 AM

I normally use a heatgun and fishing line. Works great, as for the glue a clean rag and some rubbing alcohol or lacquer thinner. then wash it down. Been doing it for years, works great for me. Tho you have to be careful with the lacquer thinner dont go commando on it or youll be sorry.

As for the pinstrip. Im afraid the work isnt worth the reward. It looks weird in the pics but in person the black pinstripe ties in nicely with the car. Once I tint the tails and get some shoes on the car I think it will look 100x better. Ive also been considering black rims and the black roof overlay bat is making. Nice black/white 2 tone theme.
Black on white shouldn't be too bad. And its definitely a lot of work. I've had bad luck with the fishing line, not only cutting into my skin but scratching. I had soft Dodge paint however I am not all that impressed with the paint on the Max. I swear my fingernail chipped the edge of the hood closing it today, wtf? And pulling some easy lift masking tape off the fender lip removed paint on the inside edge. Carfax doesn't list any repairs ever having been made but that doesn't mean a thing. Yeah, def be careful with paint thinner. I don't go that harsh on the paint.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:51 AM
Incognito

Originally Posted by QwikKota
Black on white shouldn't be too bad. And its definitely a lot of work. I've had bad luck with the fishing line, not only cutting into my skin but scratching. I had soft Dodge paint however I am not all that impressed with the paint on the Max. I swear my fingernail chipped the edge of the hood closing it today, wtf? And pulling some easy lift masking tape off the fender lip removed paint on the inside edge. Carfax doesn't list any repairs ever having been made but that doesn't mean a thing. Yeah, def be careful with paint thinner. I don't go that harsh on the paint.
the paint on my 2005 dodge ram 1500 was terrible. Not to mention it was black. It looked awsome for the first month I had it, then I got horrible spiderwebs and orange peel. It scratched so damn easy. My max isnt so bad tho, its not the best paint in the world but its a step up from my truck. I must admit though, my old 98 Mazda Millenia S had one of the best factory paint jobs ever.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:46 AM

the paint on my 2005 dodge ram 1500 was terrible. Not to mention it was black. It looked awsome for the first month I had it, then I got horrible spiderwebs and orange peel. It scratched so damn easy. My max isnt so bad tho, its not the best paint in the world but its a step up from my truck. I must admit though, my old 98 Mazda Millenia S had one of the best factory paint jobs ever.
I know the feelin!
http://home.earthlink.net/~qwikkota/.../rainyday2.jpg
That was my first truck. Only looked clean for 45 mins after a wash, heh. The graphite metallic paint on the regular cab seems to hold up better but neither had too bad of an orange peel.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:13 AM
Wink. I'll do the rest.

Here goes a joke Big Pete - I remember hearing a similar line a few years ago when my cousin was trying to set me up a for blind date. I asked the girl for a pic and she said and I quote "I will send you the pic - but TRUST me! I look wayyyyy better in person". Making a long story short - when I got to this restaurant and saw her at the table, I made a U turn and got the heck outa there asap....

But seriously - mine did come with those strips and before driving it out of the lot, I asked the salesguy to have it removed. Not sure how they did it though....

Quick Reply: Some new Pics