6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Osiris from Uprev

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 12:56 PM

Osiris from Uprev

I'm sure that just like many members on here, I am looking for the "ultimate" tuning device that will suit my needs.

WELL, I think that this program is everything in one package: decent price, extremely easy to do, reputable provider, and did I mention easy to do?

I figured that since we somewhat share the same ECU as the 350Z, I would e-mail Uprev and ask about the possibility of them making some alterations to the program so that we (6th gen community) can use it.

Here is their response...

"Daniel,
Thanks for contacting UpRev and your interest in Osiris.

You seem to have a good grasp of the product. You need a laptop and our
cable. We supply you with tuned files to flash onto your vehicle. You
then use the software and cable to send back Datalogs. We verify the tune
is running good, make adjustments, and email you an updated tune to flash.
We call this process eTuning and it is a free service.
Now, if that's not easy then I don't know what is!

Right now we do not offer Osiris for the Maxima. Although the ECU's are
similar, they contain different operating code. In addition, we have not
tuned any Maxima's at our shop locally and this is what we base our tunes
off of. Technically our tools will work, but we don't have all the
development done to cover the ECU types and hardware mods.

With that in mind, I have bumped your email to my programmer and tuner to
see if they want to take this project on. I'll keep you posted.
Are you located anywhere near Austin by chance?

Cheers,
Matt
info@uprev.com"

I responded to them with...

"Thanks for the quick and informative response! Wow, so it's as easy as e-mails and uploading huh? That sounds awesome!

I guarantee you that there would be a huge demand for this program from the 04'-07' Maxima community, mostly 04'-06', but still a few 07's. Probably not as much as the 350Z/G35 crew, but definitely enough to make it worth your effort.

This seems as if it's everything we are looking for in one package that is VERY EASY to operate, if the steps are followed. There are many of us 6th gen owners looking at AFC, and we are expanding on the units chosen, but there still seems to be not one unit that you can say would be "universal" for everyones taste.

Sadly I am not anywhere near Austin; I am located near Chicago, IL.

I will definitely be posting this on the Maxima forums, and maybe there will be some people that could go to your shop and be guinea pigs for the 6th gen market!"

So hopefully someone around Austin can test this program out.

Here is more info on Osiris- http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279548
Old 10-22-2007, 01:45 PM

I was trying to get this rolling a few months ago. I found a member on the other 6th gen site in Austin and PM'd him asking him to go meet with them. Never got a response...
Old 10-22-2007, 04:04 PM

35 views and no one cares?
Old 10-22-2007, 04:37 PM
MAXIN' ON

I do I DO, Whats it cost like $800?
Old 10-22-2007, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by redls1
I do I DO, Whats it cost like $800?
Check the links and it's only $700

When all is said and done, this is the CHEAPEST and most effective AFC if you ask me.

SAFC/VAFC/NEO-all about $200ish + install (if applicable) about $100 + dyno tuning about $350 (that's lower than most areas in my place) = roughly $650 and for everyone that has the stock ECU (pretty much everyone), it will alter the information that has been programmed, and will need to be re-tuned once in a while.

E-Manage Blue/Ultimate and UTEC-the E-manage Blue can be found for about $200 used and the Ultimate for a few hundred more. The UTEC can be found for about $600ish. And you still have to go about installing and tuning each one of them.

TechnoSquare reflash-$495 and your car will be down for a couple of days (not a big deal, but may be to some) and if you want an accurate tune, then you will have to dyno with your AFR, which can cost a couple of hundred dollars. So again, about $600-$700

ALL of those require dyno-tuning...unlike the Osiris, which (from my understanding) you just plug into your OBDII port, record some data logs and e-mail them to Uprev, and they will send you the proper "tunes" for your set-up...FOR FREE (at least for the time being)

.02 and most cost effective when you break it down

Last edited by !PrjctMax!; 10-22-2007 at 05:05 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:03 PM

Wonder how many cars you're allowed to flash on a license. A bunch of us could go in on the flasher and just mail it from person to person as needed...
Old 10-22-2007, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Hilbe
Wonder how many cars you're allowed to flash on a license. A bunch of us could go in on the flasher and just mail it from person to person as needed...
Up to TWO
Old 10-22-2007, 06:25 PM

But can it do everything the Utec can do? We should incorporate a list of things I'm looking for (Nmemax, where are you)?

I want:

1. AFC Control
2. Revs increased to 7500
3. Ability to switch between maps (for nitrous)
4. Throttle remap

Right now the Utec does all of this, I believe, and I'm waiting to get the Cattman headers before I start on the tuning.

Any word on if this device can do any of the above?

Joshua
Old 10-22-2007, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by philoforlife
But can it do everything the Utec can do? We should incorporate a list of things I'm looking for (Nmemax, where are you)?

I want:

1. AFC Control
2. Revs increased to 7500
3. Ability to switch between maps (for nitrous)
4. Throttle remap

Right now the Utec does all of this, I believe, and I'm waiting to get the Cattman headers before I start on the tuning.

Any word on if this device can do any of the above?

Joshua
1.) obviously
2.) not sure how high it can, but I know it does
3.) this is th coolest feature! you can switch between 5 maps IIRC using your cruise control buttons!
4.) I'm pretty sure it does, but read through the link and I'm sure it will say

Also, you have to remember that the UTEC is a unit that has to get spliced into your stock ECU, whereas Osiris is just uploaded through your OBDII port

edit: check this out http://uprev.com/products/cipher_NI.html

Last edited by !PrjctMax!; 10-22-2007 at 06:51 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by !PrjctMax!
1.) obviously
3.) this is th coolest feature! you can switch between 5 maps IIRC using your cruise control buttons!

Also, you have to remember that the UTEC is a unit that has to get spliced into your stock ECU, whereas Osiris is just uploaded through your OBDII port

Oh man this looks incredible Prjct! Keep this one going as I'm darn curious. Very nice find man.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:05 PM

I've seen the thread over on my350z.com but nietzsche informed me more.

I actually have a SPARE ECU that I just e-mailed Uprev about...
Old 10-22-2007, 07:20 PM

I actually have a SPARE ECU that I just e-mailed Uprev about...
w00h00!
Old 10-22-2007, 07:21 PM

just fer the record this looks very cool, keep us posted
Old 10-22-2007, 08:00 PM

Project,
I emailed him about 8 months ago and got the same response. Dont get your hopes up. Would love to have this as well but I dont think they will think it is worth their while. The next step is to get a tester in Austin.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by coitaltie
Project,
I emailed him about 8 months ago and got the same response. Dont get your hopes up. Would love to have this as well but I dont think they will think it is worth their while. The next step is to get a tester in Austin.
BUT, I have a spare ECU that end up being beneficial
Old 10-22-2007, 08:20 PM
name came from hairdryer

keep on it.
I would definitely get that. An easy reflash when a new mod is put in. Would work great in my carputer.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:53 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

1.) obviously

You can switch between three maps, they make mention of support for more but only show three. I'm not sure what the qualifications are for more than three.

While I find Osiris very interesting and may like to use it for other purposes, to clarify there is no splicing to be done with a UTEC. It is plug and play in the truest sense.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:59 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

UTEC seems to be the best product out there. Its also the most expensive, I think.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:10 AM
GrandPa

I am interested. Maybe if this works out we can get a group deal going.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:41 AM

I'm in for a GD. Would be nice to get it for like $400 or so...same price as a SAFCII installed/tuned.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:56 AM

I'm in. I have a 4AT and can't get the technosquare reflash. I'm looking for a product to raise the revs.

Joshua
Old 10-23-2007, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Nietzsche
You can switch between three maps, they make mention of support for more but only show three. I'm not sure what the qualifications are for more than three.

While I find Osiris very interesting and may like to use it for other purposes, to clarify there is no splicing to be done with a UTEC. It is plug and play in the truest sense.
I thought you had to actually splice it into your ECU harness.

I apologize for putting out false information then

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
UTEC seems to be the best product out there. Its also the most expensive, I think.
Pretty much, ya

Originally Posted by Hilbe
I'm in for a GD. Would be nice to get it for like $400 or so...same price as a SAFCII installed/tuned.
ummm... Is all I have to say on that one.

Have you ever seen a G/D nearly slash prices in half?

*Just to clarify, the 350Z/G35 crew couldn't get a G/D, so I highly doubt that our "small" community would get one*

Last edited by !PrjctMax!; 10-23-2007 at 07:27 AM.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:29 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

interested & subscribed.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:48 AM
dot dot dot ...

Myself and another 5.5g gen member were also pursuing this at one time. (Him more than me). It seems as if they are just not that interested in our market. So, what I did, as get the simple package. And all it includes is data logging and the normal OBDII capabilities (idle change, +2*BTDC, coolant test, cylinder test, fuel pressure test)

At 400$, I suppose it could have been able to do more, but the data logging alone is worth it IMO. For you 05+ members, you could log your WBO2’s and toss in an AFC and do some raw tuning with it.

But, I still think the UTEC is the way to go.

Also, on a side note, the A33B software had never been tested, only with one car, so they did not grant any guarantee to me it would work, but it did (minus the BCM functions). So, being that your ECU’s are quite similar to that of the Z33/V35, I would take a plunge and just try it for the heck of it. Hopefully they would offer a $back type of thing if it did not work.

And yes, the UTEC is a P&P for you guys. For us (A33B) we need to do some splicing, not again, not for you.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
Myself and another 5.5g gen member were also pursuing this at one time. (Him more than me). It seems as if they are just not that interested in our market. So, what I did, as get the simple package. And all it includes is data logging and the normal OBDII capabilities (idle change, +2*BTDC, coolant test, cylinder test, fuel pressure test)

At 400$, I suppose it could have been able to do more, but the data logging alone is worth it IMO. For you 05+ members, you could log your WBO2’s and toss in an AFC and do some raw tuning with it.

But, I still think the UTEC is the way to go.

Also, on a side note, the A33B software had never been tested, only with one car, so they did not grant any guarantee to me it would work, but it did (minus the BCM functions). So, being that your ECU’s are quite similar to that of the Z33/V35, I would take a plunge and just try it for the heck of it. Hopefully they would offer a $back type of thing if it did not work.

And yes, the UTEC is a P&P for you guys. For us (A33B) we need to do some splicing, not again, not for you.
If we used the UTEC, would we need to get any other sensors?? Or could we just use the unit itself and tune?? Plus the map selctor of course for easy changing of maps on the fly.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:04 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by shawndon
If we used the UTEC, would we need to get any other sensors?? Or could we just use the unit itself and tune?? Plus the map selctor of course for easy changing of maps on the fly.
If you do not have an 05 + w/ OEM WBO2's, then I would think you would need an aftermarket WBO2.

I will refer everything else to Nietzsche.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:15 AM

If you do not have an 05 + w/ OEM WBO2's, then I would think you would need an aftermarket WBO2.

I will refer everything else to Nietzsche.
In that case I should be ok I have an 06 max. I remember reading on nissanclub.com about an Altima using the UTEC but couldn't remember all the details.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:23 AM

hmmmmm, I have an 04', how exactly is it different in my year than the 05-06?
Old 10-23-2007, 08:27 AM
dot dot dot ...

hmmmmm, I have an 04', how exactly is it different in my year than the 05-06?
You may want to check into it a little further, but IIRC, they early and even mid model years had NBO2’s. Whereas ALL 05+ have NB O2’s. Check with your local Nissan Tech, I know you have a pretty close friend on ‘the inside’. Ask him to do a data monitor on your O2 sensors and see if they give you an actual value, or a plain ‘ol RICH/LEAN scenario.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:16 PM

You may want to check into it a little further, but IIRC, they early and even mid model years had NBO2’s. Whereas ALL 05+ have NB O2’s. Check with your local Nissan Tech, I know you have a pretty close friend on ‘the inside’. Ask him to do a data monitor on your O2 sensors and see if they give you an actual value, or a plain ‘ol RICH/LEAN scenario.
We can buy a aftermarket WBO2 and just plug her in (wherever that goes )? I'm getting a UTech after the headers come out and was unaware of this. Thank you!

Joshua
Old 10-23-2007, 12:16 PM
dot dot dot ...

UTEC > UTECH, just like VTEC > VTECH
Old 10-23-2007, 01:13 PM

My buddy has the tuning done on his 350Z I wonder if i take his program and cord would it work and we just do a basic streamline tune to see what we can get out of it!
Old 10-23-2007, 02:43 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by JPIZZLE
My buddy has the tuning done on his 350Z I wonder if i take his program and cord would it work and we just do a basic streamline tune to see what we can get out of it!
Sounds like a good idea.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:42 PM

UTEC > UTECH, just like VTEC > VTECH

I should go buy a honda for such an error....

haha

Joshua
Old 10-23-2007, 08:09 PM

So Nmex, even though the UTEC is for the 350z you're saying it would work out of the box for an '05 - '06 Maxima?
Old 10-23-2007, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mack
So Nmex, even though the UTEC is for the 350z you're saying it would work out of the box for an '05 - '06 Maxima?
It would.

Joshua
Old 10-23-2007, 08:30 PM

Can the Utech change timing on the fly? Can it change the rev limiter to 7500?

Joshua
Old 10-23-2007, 08:44 PM
dot dot dot ...

It has for the member I referred all other ?'s for.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:17 PM

my bro goes to ut, i am about 3 hrs away. i wouldnt mind the drive to get this going for us!
Old 10-24-2007, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by eK9aT10pSi
my bro goes to ut, i am about 3 hrs away. i wouldnt mind the drive to get this going for us!
DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Osiris from Uprev