6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

warranties.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 03:53 PM
seanish4042

warranties.

ill be buying an 04 shortly. about 35k miles. i have a couple questions.

1) can you purchase warranties from the nissan dealerships even if the car is not purchased from one? (i will be buying from a reputable used car company...car sense).

2) are aftermarket warranties crap? every shop owner ive talked to has said yes. they cover mostly electrical, etc.

Old 09-04-2007, 04:49 PM

not sure about question one, when i bought my first car, it was used. they supplied me with only aftermarket warranty companies. so of course i selected one. lets just say, ill never pay extra for warranty. power steering pump went out, they wouldnt cover it. tranny went out, they said it was my fault so they wouldnt replace it under warranty. it had oil consumption and the motor blew, they said its how i drive, so that wasnt covered. im sure not all places are that bad.. but i would almost suggest not getting an aftermarket warranty company. just my two cents.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by seanish4042
ill be buying an 04 shortly. about 35k miles. i have a couple questions.

1) can you purchase warranties from the nissan dealerships even if the car is not purchased from one? (i will be buying from a reputable used car company...car sense).

2) are aftermarket warranties crap? every shop owner ive talked to has said yes. they cover mostly electrical, etc.

1.) Yes you can, that is what I did.

2.) The only warranty I would buy is a nissan one, IMO
Old 09-04-2007, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by specvmatt
not sure about question one, when i bought my first car, it was used. they supplied me with only aftermarket warranty companies. so of course i selected one. lets just say, ill never pay extra for warranty. power steering pump went out, they wouldnt cover it. tranny went out, they said it was my fault so they wouldnt replace it under warranty. it had oil consumption and the motor blew, they said its how i drive, so that wasnt covered. im sure not all places are that bad.. but i would almost suggest not getting an aftermarket warranty company. just my two cents.
I feel your pain, they never cover my stuff either. They always have excuses. I will never buy a EW again
Old 09-04-2007, 09:46 PM

once again i can confirm yes you can purchase a warrenty from the dealer if you didnt buy it from them, bought from a private seller and got the 100k 7 yr warranty right before 35k. Def buy from Nissan, that way no matter where you are you can take it to a dealer anywhere in the country.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:47 PM
Banned

EW not good?
Old 09-05-2007, 06:42 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Yes, you can definitely buy from ANY Nissan dealership. Don't accept the first price quoted to you. Shop around by calling all dealerships in your area and get the best quote you can.

When I bought mine, I got 72months/75,000 miles for $752 (car was new). I was quoted DOUBLE that price at one dealership. There is a lot of negotiation room for those warranties. Call around!
Old 09-05-2007, 10:57 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Originally Posted by missjane
Yes, you can definitely buy from ANY Nissan dealership. Don't accept the first price quoted to you. Shop around by calling all dealerships in your area and get the best quote you can.

When I bought mine, I got 72months/75,000 miles for $752 (car was new). I was quoted DOUBLE that price at one dealership. There is a lot of negotiation room for those warranties. Call around!
Correct, shop around and ask for quotes from different local and not so local dealers. I paid $860 for GOLD 75K warranty. It practically already paid for itself with the AC compressor failure fixed.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:46 PM

that's a good deal you got homie!