6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 02:32 AM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

well said coolmax... some ppl really are odd .... and STUPID hahah ...but sometimes rich ... maybe hes a liar ? no pics to me yet of his cars as he promised
Old 07-13-2007, 02:49 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hai,

I am Jeni. I am newbie to here. First i like to say Hi.... for all.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:45 AM

Wow! I was just looking to state my take on my new Maxima. I did think it would stir up this type of dialogue.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:03 PM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

Originally Posted by jeni
Hai,

I am Jeni. I am newbie to here. First i like to say Hi.... for all.
wow f'ing newbs
Old 07-14-2007, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by RipitRon
Man you guys love to twist **** dont ya, Why would I compare it to the Lightning, there is no way to compare, Hell you could throw, Turbo and Nitrous to the max and it still would not compete! I AM SAYING THAT THE MAXIMA IS NOT FAST BOYS, GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR MAXIMA LOVIN A$$ES AND READ WHAT I HAVE SAID TO YOU! You monkey's dont get it, The car in the big scheme of things is Slow Ok I Am tired of being politically correct, the car is slow the Z is Slow the Ultima is slow the nissan line is SLOW period. There you want to flame me now you have something to flame me about. P.S. The CVT is a Joke as well, the styling is Ugly as hell if you ask me, and the seats are uncomfortable. I have told my wife the same thing the car is Ugly as Hell, but I dont have to drive it and I wont. So Yo all can go Well lets just say hive a nice day boys!!!

I am not bashing the car I am stating a fact, Me and my wife make well over $100k a piece and yes a $30K car is a Throw away car! Dont be hatin me dude there is no reason for it. We have no Children and our retirement is right on schedule ( 9 more yrs) Thank god.
Ron, it seems you love to rip it, but you can't take it.

If your combined income is 200k per year and your retirement is right on schedule, you obviously have enough and can afford NOT to have a 'transportation-throw away car'. You should've advised your wife better, maybe a more powerful 4 door like a BMW M5 and then you wouldn't have the need to be on this forum at all. What a waste of your time, but hey, cheer up. I'm sure you can go trade it today and boast all about it later.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:10 AM

Well you have a point however I dont nor would anyone else tell my wife what to buy. And maybe we buy throw away cars because it is financialy the right thing to do, So my retirement happens at 50 yrs of age! You know Just like any other board it does not matter what vehical you guys own it is the best, it cracks me up. Just like the lightning board if someone owns a lightning its the fastest truck out there, ITS NOT, F350 board it is the best tow vehical out there ITS NOT, Oh and lets not forget the good old maxima board its the best 4 door sedan for the money, Ok I will agree, which makes it WHAT? My best guess is this it is cheap, or a throw away car as I said! Is it a good car well yes it is a good car, Does it have style sure it has style, Is it fast COME ON GUYS THE ANSWER IS NO IT ISNT FAST!!!! In fact I drove it again today and I laughed at all of you who bashed me for speaking my mind on how slow the car is, because the bottom line this car is anything but fast, quick or even nimble its a nice driving 4 door sedan, and thats ALL!!! If you think that it is more then that well, I find you too be simillar to a Marine BRAIN WASHED!!!
Old 07-15-2007, 12:38 AM
Newbie just Registered

Well you have a point however I dont nor would anyone else tell my wife what to buy. And maybe we buy throw away cars because it is financialy the right thing to do, So my retirement happens at 50 yrs of age! You know Just like any other board it does not matter what vehical you guys own it is the best, it cracks me up. Just like the lightning board if someone owns a lightning its the fastest truck out there, ITS NOT, F350 board it is the best tow vehical out there ITS NOT, Oh and lets not forget the good old maxima board its the best 4 door sedan for the money, Ok I will agree, which makes it WHAT? My best guess is this it is cheap, or a throw away car as I said! Is it a good car well yes it is a good car, Does it have style sure it has style, Is it fast COME ON GUYS THE ANSWER IS NO IT ISNT FAST!!!! In fact I drove it again today and I laughed at all of you who bashed me for speaking my mind on how slow the car is, because the bottom line this car is anything but fast, quick or even nimble its a nice driving 4 door sedan, and thats ALL!!! If you think that it is more then that well, I find you too be simillar to a Marine BRAIN WASHED!!!

So they ripped you on the F350 and Lightning boards too? And I thought it's just us Marine brain washed Maxima drivers...
Old 07-15-2007, 01:07 AM
Nightmare = Reality

well, Hey, laugh all you want. . .at yourself and your wife for buying those Boat anchors and paying someone to attach them :P

....and I still stand by the fact that you got 3 throwaway fords
Old 07-15-2007, 02:55 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Wow... A day doesn't go by that I am not amazed by the sadness in people's souls. The Maxima is a great car. The lines of every generation of the Maxima were inspiring for other automakers at the time of their release. It's funny then that people come into this forum and rip on the Max. The Max is a fairly uncomplicated car (2 trim levels, 1 engine) and yet it holds its own against any comparable car. CAR. I am not going to sit here and compare it to a Peterbuilt 18 wheeler because it's ignorant. Thus comparing it to a single cab pe**s extension truck serves the same purpose.
And, if we are going to talk education... I have a Bachelor's in Automotive Marketing/Management and a Master's in Educational Administration... both of which tell me that a car isn't an 'investment' since cars are depreciating assets. I don't sit around and talk about my income because that is reserved to people who lack couth...and I question whether they actually make that.

If you don't like the Max, take it back so someone can appreciate it, and go back and buy another TL.

And to the newbies-- Welcome, enjoy your Maximas and as far as modding them, make sure to check these forums to see what options there are out there.

My .02.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:30 AM
KC's FINEST

Figure out how to post pics yet Ron?
Old 07-15-2007, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by KCmaxx
Figure out how to post pics yet Ron?
No Want to send me your email so I can send you all my pictures?
Old 07-15-2007, 10:56 AM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

HAHAHH ron again man get the windows for dummies and u will be good... this book is really for you man trust me
Old 07-15-2007, 10:59 AM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

Ron also,

Just leave man... if u dont like our site or our cars... or our people... then why come back?? Just to start fights?

I have read through this entire thread and never saw anyone say our cars are FAST but... we dont really know where u got all this from... YES we think our car is quick for a stock v6 that weight 3600lbs ??? but fast no...

You really need to take some of you money and get an uptodateeducation about computers.... while u r at it... get some more mods for your f850 and that 7 second lightning ....

You sound like such an idiot coming in here acting like this
Old 07-15-2007, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Fastmax05
Ron also,

Just leave man... if u dont like our site or our cars... or our people... then why come back?? Just to start fights?

I have read through this entire thread and never saw anyone say our cars are FAST but... we dont really know where u got all this from... YES we think our car is quick for a stock v6 that weight 3600lbs ??? but fast no...

You really need to take some of you money and get an uptodateeducation about computers.... while u r at it... get some more mods for your f850 and that 7 second lightning ....

You sound like such an idiot coming in here acting like this
Ok See ya!!!

P.S. thanks for taking the bait I love this $hit!!!
Old 07-15-2007, 01:23 PM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

Ok See ya!!!

taking the bait? hahah

i still cant get over the whole not knowing how to post pics thing... i have an 8 yr old niece that can post pics .... hahaha wow man... nice meeting you...
Old 07-15-2007, 06:00 PM

Ok See ya!!!

OK, good. He's gone, about time!

Now, I'm curious. We all love the Maxima here, that's pretty much understood. My question now is, if your total income is $200k and your retirement is pretty much set, what car would you buy if you were getting a sedan?

I think I'd go with the Mercedes CLS-Class, that's sweet in my opinion, but the Audi A8L looks also unbelievable. For me would be a tough choice.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:30 PM

Actually, maxima is the only classy car he owns.
And his choice of vehicles fits a certain type of people...
Old 07-15-2007, 07:31 PM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

someone close th is thread... its DEAD...................
Old 07-15-2007, 11:01 PM
Newbie just Registered

Ok See ya!!!

Say it ain't so. I was just getting to know you...

You didn't even post your avatar:
Old 07-15-2007, 11:12 PM

someone close th is thread... its DEAD...................
Not yet it isnt!

SuperMario, tell me sumpin dude, if your company paid you big dollars to peddle their $hit, do you think they would want you to drive a Mercedes or an Audi?

Blueflame, What type of person is that, I have a lot of differenttypes of vehicals, Mostly Fords yes I am a Ford guy, will never dispute that, I assure you A Nissan Titan will not out work my Ford. I am real curious what type of Person am I for driving Fords? I hope your response is what I think it will be, And if it is The Maxima board will be full of my type of people, to the tune of about 15,000 people, say it PLEASE SAY IT!!!!

Oh Look you found me!!!

RhMax I am back, so If you would like I can stay around!

I love comming to new forums and reading how our beloved Whatever is the best of this, the fastest at that Blah,Blah,Blah!!! Hell someone even posted a Video of his Beloved Maxima Slowly going down a roadcoarse and says my Lighting wouldnt do this, And Guess what he is right it wouldnt be able to beat it in that roadcoarse, Well it wouldnt if It was in reverse I am not that good of a driver in reverse, I would eat that thing up I would just have to reinstall my QA1 adjustables instead of my strange drag shocks, Put my Hotchkis front and rear sway bar back inand install the front lowering springs and that that bet is DONE! I once took a road coarse class at PIR raceway in Oregon and the Subaru STI's could not out run me in the road coarse how in the HELL is a Maxima going to keep up, This is funny!!!

Oh look you found me!!!
Old 07-15-2007, 11:19 PM
Newbie just Registered

Oh look you found me!!!
I didn't.

Besides, we running low on our a$$hole quota. You brought it up just right.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:37 PM

Cats out of the bag I have too admitt it!

I **** the whole planet off 1 person at a time!!!

Here is the funny thing though, That website that you all found my Avatar on, is the only one that I belong too that does not think that there vehicals are Well lets just say better then they really are! That why I love it there, full of realist not unrealistic dreamers, If you know what I mean!!!
Old 07-16-2007, 12:15 AM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

whatever you say man... uh huh ... sure brother haha
please someone close this hahaha
Old 07-16-2007, 06:27 AM

Oh Jeeze, fanboy vs fanboy.

Ron - to post picture sign up for an image host like photobucket. Then obtain a link to that hosted pic and click on the image icon above the text box. It should be the yellow box with the mountain and sun.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:42 AM
KC's FINEST

PM them to me. I'll host them.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:06 AM
.org extraordinaire

in for pics, dont forget to throw in a pic of the wifey!!

Kamski
Old 07-16-2007, 08:13 AM
Newbie just Registered

Cats out of the bag I have too admitt it!

I **** the whole planet off 1 person at a time!!!

Here is the funny thing though, That website that you all found my Avatar on, is the only one that I belong too that does not think that there vehicals are Well lets just say better then they really are! That why I love it there, full of realist not unrealistic dreamers, If you know what I mean!!!
You made some valid points, but also missed some. I've owned a lot of cars, some more expensive than Maxima. As a whole package, reliability included, Maximas are pretty hard to beat.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:41 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Well another newbie, However I belong too 5 other boards where I am a moderator on two of them. I dont own a Maxima my wife does a 07 bought three weeks ago, I am not overly impressed with the car it is alright, I would drive it but I like power and lots of it where the maxima Well lets just say DOES NOT REALLY HAVE ANY!!! But all in all it is a respectable looking car, My wife is a sales person so she loads the miles every year about 40k per year so a disposable car is what is needed here and the maxima fits that bill. She is rollin on Incubus 500 20" wheels, Tinted Windows, Progress lowering kit, Billet upper and lower grilles, PIAA 9000 on there way, PAint work will happen in the next couple of weeks while we are doing a car show in Victoia BC. I am hopeing that she will at least like the car after all the Mods are done, But we come from the Acura family and this is a step back for her, So I hope she will like it when I am done with it! I see potentially this car having some problems, but there is nothing I cant fix on a car so I guess in all reality it will be fine, The last car my wife had was a Acura TL and it had 135k on it in 3 yrs and not a bit of trouble, All I can hope for is the same with the Maxima!
Well if the Acura family was so good, she should have stuck with it, blow smoke someplace else because even when my car was stock, there wasn't and Acura TL I couldn't take and they also have a host of problems and are not as roomy...
Old 07-16-2007, 08:44 AM

Whoa Why are you going there on me? Do I have an Education the answer is Yes, I graduated in 1989 from USC with a BS in Mechanical Engineering. I am not bashing the car I am stating a fact, Me and my wife make well over $100k a piece and yes a $30K car is a Throw away car! Dont be hatin me dude there is no reason for it, As far as my typing skills, this is issue with some however, If I indeed cared what anyone thought I would spend the time to as you would say ( Formulate a sentance) However I dont nor do I care too. You need to relax a bit and lay off the MT Dew and Snickers, there is no reason for all of that!!!

My wifes taste is her taste and If she wants to throw $25K at it until she is happy then so be it, We have no Children and our retirement is right on schedule ( 9 more yrs) Thank god. So if she so chooses to spend what ever to roll the way she wants all the power too her I say! Now let me speak on this, Not braggin but we have over $500,000.00 in cars and custom toys and are as follows:

f650 Tow vehical With 36ft 5th wheel
1989 ASC Mclaren
2002 Ford Lightning
f350 daily driver
1932 ford Roadster
Custom rigid Chopper
2007 Maxima

1 out of them has to be a throw away vehical and thats what the Maxima is too me, So dont be hattin me, KOOL!

Who the **** cares!!!
Old 07-16-2007, 08:53 AM

email received ......

"RIPITRON" wants MEEEE to post his pics for him because he says he is not " COMPUTER SAVY" and doesnt know how to post them on a website etc..

Ron... stop moddin da' ride(S) and get some "windows for dummies" books or something...

Send me an email man with the pics to the same addy and ill post em' for you ... thanks...

Justin
Fastmax05
LOL, so much for his prestine educ-ma-cation... hahahahhahahaaaa
Old 07-16-2007, 09:37 AM
Go BUCKS!!!

3 posts in is where this thread went horribly off topic.

RipitRon, a few key items I see:

1. It's your wife's car, why register on this site?
2. You don't enjoy and/or drive the car, why register on this site?
3. You obviously have other far superior cars in your garage, why register on this site?
4. Having such a narrow-minded opinion of the car will most likely keep you from offering any sort of contribution here, why register on this site?

To summarize, why did you waste time and register on this site?

(honestly, I don't care what your reasons are since they'll probably be filled with and our "Marine brain-washed minds" won't be able to comprehend)

And FYI...it's OUR Marines that are over there fighting so you can drive your 900 HP body kitted F-150 and your other gas-guzzlers, maybe have some respect
Old 07-16-2007, 09:41 AM

I find you too be simillar to a Marine- BRAIN WASHED!!!
Ron, On behalf of my family, whose brother honorably served 21 years in the Marines and for all of the others who served, who are serving or who died while serving as a Marine, I say, Go f-v-c-k yourself!!
Old 07-16-2007, 11:15 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

STILL No Pics?
Old 07-16-2007, 11:46 AM
KC's FINEST

Yet it still lives...
Old 07-16-2007, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by BadBlackMaxSL
Ron, On behalf of my family, whose brother honorably served 21 years in the Marines and for all of the others who served, who are serving or who died while serving as a Marine, I say, Go f-v-c-k yourself!!
Ooh-Rah

I have 2 friends from Paris Island, that are now resting in the ground, who fought for our country and paid for it with their own blood. I would've been over there, but I'm a ***-up. I joined the Marine Corps the day I turned 17, forced my parents to sign their names on the release form. Then, after bootcamp, I went to MCT, and slipped a disk in my back 2 days from completion. It's taken me this long to come to terms with it, the fact it wasn't my fault, but maybe two of my friends would'nt have died had I been there. If you ever want to come to Albany, I'll show you a brain-washed Marine you'll never forget.

I'm not e-thugging, because I've realized that Ron is obviously a 15-17 year-old kid, living in his parents basement. For graduating from USC, (mechanical engineering none-the-less), close to retirement, and making that kind of cash, I don't care if "you dont care about proper grammer or punctuation", because if you do have a ME degree, you know your way around a computer, and proper typing would be second nature to you. But, you could be like my grandfather, he is an electrical engineer, who worked for Bell Aerospace, before the use of computers was prevalent (sp?). He helped design the first guidance systems for our rockets in WW2, mostly without the aid of advanced computer programs. I doubt you are of that generation, even if you were, you'd know by now how to use a computer. My grandfather knows how now.

douche-bag
Old 07-16-2007, 12:18 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

All right people, this is getting too personal and there is no need for it.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:33 PM

I agree, I let myself get sucked into his games.... mods should just lock this thread.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:35 PM
Go BUCKS!!!

I have four questions I'm waiting for answers for. I'll be happy to close it afterwards.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:09 PM
KC's FINEST

Old 07-16-2007, 01:34 PM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by SEmy2K2go
I have four questions I'm waiting for answers for. I'll be happy to close it afterwards.
I doubt he's coming back now, after realizing he really put his foot in his mouth. Come on Ron, try to prove me wrong again!

Quick Reply: Impressions