6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

New Body Kit Coming Soon

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 05:19 PM

New Body Kit Coming Soon

Hey all just wanted to let you know that a new body kit will be coming in 07. We are in the R&D process as we speak. I'm posting a preliminary pic of what it will look like to guage interest. There will be side skirts as well as a rear valance as well. Will post those as the design is completed. Give feedback on the design as well as interest in buying.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:21 PM

I like that, good work Joe
Old 04-19-2007, 06:10 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The lower opening seems alittle tall to me. I think it would look nicer if it were even with the lower line. Fogs might look more in sync if pushed out further. Overall it's nice though.

How much lower is it compared to stock?
Old 04-19-2007, 06:17 PM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by Nietzsche
The lower opening seems alittle tall to me. I think it would look nicer if it were even with the lower line. Fogs might look more in sync if pushed out further. Overall it's nice though.

How much lower is it compared to stock?
Not another RLM thingy!!! If that thing wasnt so low it would look stunning. Right now it looks like a hoover vac on crack. I would be defenately keen on one if the bumber wasnt so low.

Kamski
Old 04-19-2007, 06:18 PM

would the grill be part of the kit?
Old 04-19-2007, 06:29 PM

It looks nice but very similar to the Redline front end.

What I would like, as someone who is going to keep the OEM bumper, is a different insert for the lower opening. One that would have a built-in housing for some small fogs, fogs like the small chevy cobalt fogs or the Ford Fusions. I would like to keep the turning indicator lights. I know there isn't as much money in a part such as this but I would buy one. My 2 cents.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:53 PM

wow. i like that. i think it looks better than the bulging redline bumper.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by kamilkluczewski
Not another RLM thingy!!! If that thing wasnt so low it would look stunning. Right now it looks like a hoover vac on crack. I would be defenately keen on one if the bumber wasnt so low.

Kamski
+1, driving that tihng around with intentions of keeping it in one piece will be a challenge.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:53 PM

How come no one makes a clean simple poly "oem" type front lip like the Infiniti's? Along with the sides and rear of course.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:08 PM

it will be higher than the RLM it just looks low because
1.its a dropped car
2.its a photoshop over the RLM
3.its on grass.
that was one of the issues that was addressed the height and it will be higher.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:46 PM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by Outlawd
How come no one makes a clean simple poly "oem" type front lip like the Infiniti's? Along with the sides and rear of course.
I'm in for one of these! I'm scraping as it is with my stock bumper on Progress springs whenever I go up or down a busy driveway with no room to angle. I'm more interested in a splitter-like lip, similar to Stillen's without the belt loops.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:50 AM

im down for a kit...just see that its not a low as the RLM one b/c it going to be a pain to drive around with that..also what material are going to be used to make?
Old 04-20-2007, 11:53 AM

looks alright... i'm definitely a fan of forward-facing foglights. lol.
but, it isn't as agressive-looking as it could be tweaked to be (lower grille)
Old 04-20-2007, 12:03 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

that alti bumper looks really good
Old 04-20-2007, 01:12 PM
aka The Doom Ship

I actually like the bumper better than the redlinemax's. If the quality is A1 then I might be interested.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:19 PM

what the hell people lol thats a clean *** kit...it aint like buddy club made it
Old 04-20-2007, 01:50 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Bro that is a sick sick sick body kit.. I'll def. purchase one!!!
Old 04-20-2007, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by RHMax
...... I'm scraping as it is with my stock bumper on Progress springs whenever I go up or down a busy driveway with no room to angle. I'm more interested in a splitter-like lip, similar to Stillen's without the belt loops.
Agreed. I scrape far too often. Anything much lower than stock and it would look like trash in no time.

As far as the look of this bumber....I think it's the bomb.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:47 PM

those foglights look just like the ones off of a ek9. i had them on my 99 civic ex a while back.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:57 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Originally Posted by RHMax
I'm in for one of these! I'm scraping as it is with my stock bumper on Progress springs whenever I go up or down a busy driveway with no room to angle. I'm more interested in a splitter-like lip, similar to Stillen's without the belt loops.
You know what,
I used to scrape like crazy with my Eibach drop. I mean I scraped over speed bumps, driveways where the break off angle was too steep, etc. I couldn't even clear a Heinekin bottle(my y-pipe would hit it). Since I installed my Konis and KYBs I haven't scraped at all which either means my car raised up a bit or the suspension is stiff enough to prevent scraping.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:59 PM

im dropped and i have the RLM bumper, i clear speed bumps and have decent clearance the only time i really scrape is when the back end is up and im going onto another surface at realativly high angle. but i find if you take it REAL slow you'll be amazed at what will be cleared. JUST TAKE IT EASY
Old 04-20-2007, 06:03 PM

Her's my idea for a side skirt. let me know, simple lines that will blend in with the front.

Old 04-20-2007, 06:50 PM

here's an idea:
1. keep the front lip idea (Note: because some people with lowering kits and coilovers are already scraping.)
2. try to incorperate front facing fog lights. (Note: just because they are more useful and prettier...lol)
3. SIMPLE and not tooo ricey! (Note: DUH)

and why does the photoshop image not look flush at all...i mean it looks like its sticking out at the bottom...is it supposed to do that?
Old 04-20-2007, 08:50 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Originally Posted by eK9aT10pSi
would the grill be part of the kit?
Thats an Active Tuning grill.

http://www.activetuning.com/products...MX-04S4.1GRIL/
Old 04-20-2007, 08:52 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Originally Posted by digitalbow
looks alright... i'm definitely a fan of forward-facing foglights. lol.
but, it isn't as agressive-looking as it could be tweaked to be (lower grille)
Maxima does have forward facing fogligts.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:54 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Originally Posted by MisterSparkle

2. try to incorperate front facing fog lights. (Note: just because they are (Note: DUH)

?
Read my previous post.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:56 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Other than above...keep the front lip up. Low kits will not work in NY no matter how hard you try/slow you drive..
Old 04-20-2007, 09:43 PM

I mean everyone has there own opinion and i think it looks great, but everyone says its to low, i mean honestly why else would you by a body kit? It's part of it, typically mods are giving up one thing for something else while making sacrifices. Those of you that keep saying it should be a lip instead, it's obvious that he is doing full body kit so get over it. For a dramatic look Practicality is always suffered.

Sorry for the rant but guys not much gets done for our 6th gens so we should at least give Joe props for helping us out! But I do love the bumper
Old 04-20-2007, 10:41 PM

i live in Mass and trust me there are many hills, bumps, enbankments and whatnot, and i have had no problem once i figured out the limits and speeds my RLM can go thru, the first week i scraped three good times, since then not once. Its going to be a full kit, you get the great looks and style and all u need to do is slow down a bit when leaving or entireing a driveway. Many ppl have body kits and make them work
Old 04-21-2007, 06:34 AM

If your dropped or on coilovers your going to bottom out. I live in an area that seems to have an unnatural number of steep entrances/exits. Literally they look like peaks that go up to a point and drop off. I am constantly getting rub no matter how slow or angled I get. The stock front end has minimal ground clearance if your dropped.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:41 AM
*moderator*

If you don't know how to drive a lowered car you will scrape (bottom out) I've had may share of times where I was stuck and had to suck it up and scrape it but for the most part I know which driveways to avoid and what angles to take the gnarly ones at, it's all a learning process. This bumper will not be as low as the RLM numper I assure you that. That is one of the whole reason we decided to do a complete redesign. You can't take photoshop as the final version as it is what it is....photoshop!
Old 04-21-2007, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
If you don't know how to drive a lowered car you will scrape (bottom out) I've had may share of times where I was stuck and had to suck it up and scrape it but for the most part I know which driveways to avoid and what angles to take the gnarly ones at, it's all a learning process. This bumper will not be as low as the RLM numper I assure you that. That is one of the whole reason we decided to do a complete redesign. You can't take photoshop as the final version as it is what it is....photoshop!

AMEN!!! its all learned
Old 04-21-2007, 09:19 PM

i want to make out with it, me likey!
Old 04-23-2007, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by silver slug
i want to make out with it, me likey!

so anyway, I took a shot at it, just to give more options.. combined the RLM, the 07, and our stock bumpers a bit.. put 07 fogs in it.. from my photoshop, it's probably about 1" lower than stock.. kinda dirty looking, but whatever.

Old 04-23-2007, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Ritz

so anyway, I took a shot at it, just to give more options.. combined the RLM, the 07, and our stock bumpers a bit.. put 07 fogs in it.. from my photoshop, it's probably about 1" lower than stock.. kinda dirty looking, but whatever.

i like this one better
Old 04-23-2007, 12:52 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
Jay, normally I'd agree with a statement like that but with NY its like you never know. I understand and know how to go over bumps, holes and driveways with lowered car. However in NY the roads are/get so messed up that you never know when you buttom out and pieces fly off. It kills me to see bad roads get finally fixed and two days later another crew moves in to lay fiber/pipes/etc. and destroy the road that they won't patch and the city won't fix for another 5-7 years. There are roads here that one day are "autobahn" quality and the very next day you leave your wheel in it and half the suspension. It kills me that nobody fixes this sheet, people just break their cars day by day and it only gets fixed when a major accident happens and the city gets sued. I have been to all the states around here and have not seen anything even remotely as bad as roads in NY. And if anyone gets on with a smart remark about roads being sheety in poor neighborhoods, try explaining the craters/canyons in Manhattan.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:09 PM

Xoomer...you said it perfectly
Old 04-23-2007, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by driver
i like this one better
awsome, if it was out today i would buy it in a heart beat.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:33 PM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by Ritz

By far the best design.

Kamski
Old 04-23-2007, 08:38 PM
gec

looks like an altima...not feeling it...like the first one better

Quick Reply: New Body Kit Coming Soon