6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

SP or Turbo Status

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 07:19 PM

SP or Turbo Status

Hey guys just wondering if any of you is working on it or any updates about SP or Turbo?? for 2004 2006
Old 10-12-2006, 07:25 PM

not sure if anyone is working on this or not. i would say not because the cost ratio and these vq motors dont like boost that much ask any of the 350z guys that have boosted there cars.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:58 PM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by KUBLKMAX
not sure if anyone is working on this or not. i would say not because the cost ratio and these vq motors dont like boost that much ask any of the 350z guys that have boosted there cars.
all i have to say for now is..........

Old 10-13-2006, 04:55 AM
aka The Doom Ship

Originally Posted by kamilkluczewski
all i have to say for now is..........

And what does that mean. You know something we don't?
Old 10-13-2006, 06:12 AM

perhaps he does and he is not willing to share.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by KUBLKMAX
Theres a lot of safely boosted Zs, I dont think its the motor causing the problem. I believe its the tuning that causes many people to have problems.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:17 AM

I think it means he doesn't know anything..............
Old 10-13-2006, 07:53 AM

does this go for NOS boosting as well?????
Old 10-13-2006, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by 2LEET4U
does this go for NOS boosting as well?????
is NOS boosting?
Old 10-13-2006, 09:06 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by Glude
is NOS boosting?
I think he means HP increase as a result of NOS. I still vote throttle, not bottle...
Old 10-13-2006, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by chernmax
I think he means HP increase as a result of NOS. I still vote throttle, not bottle...
"throttle not bottle" I LIKE THAT!
Old 10-13-2006, 09:49 AM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by Rusty Nutz
I think it means he doesn't know anything..............
No, I dont know anything other then the fact that STS is making a single and dual turbo kit for the 350Z/G35.... now what does a Z350 have anything to do with my max.

Well...........

the STS kit sits in the back of the car, where the turbos act as mufflers, which is common knowledge. Here is the cool part, if u have a VQ35DE engine......

All you wil have to do is plug in the Squires ecm module into your present ecm and you will have the timing and fuel adjusted to boosted standards. Because the interface on all ECU's from 2003 to 2006 is the same the Squires module will work fine, safely tuned for 90HP. This will work on most VQ cars, from the altima, maxima, quest, 350, G35 etc.

The sheety part is the charge piping... if u get the squires nissan kit that will be ready for christmass and u dont have a 350z, you will need to have a muffler shop create your charge piping. But everything else will be plug and play.

Or as a secondary option.

You can get the generic STS Turbo for $2990, without the ecu and have Tadashi at Technosqare tune the OEM ECU for you, I have spoken to him about this and he can make a generic program to run the Turbo on your maxima. After you have the turbo installed and running you can send the ECU back to Tadashi for final optimal tuning with A/F/R charts from a Dyno.
The reason he has to pre-tune the ecu is because u dont want to risk ruining your engine on your first run because u ran it too lean.

So no, I dont know anything but thats just my .02 worth.

How it works.

And when I get it installed on my car I will be re-selling copies of the charge piping my self. However mine will be intercooled so that might be an added cost to some

Kamski
Old 10-13-2006, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by chernmax

That is what I meant.....

However, I was considering a 50 shot of NOS after I install my Fujita....
Old 10-21-2006, 09:43 AM

GO GO GO GO kamilkluczewski GO GO GO GO
Old 10-21-2006, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by !PrjctMax!
"throttle not bottle" I LIKE THAT!
+1
i also like "bottles are for babies"
Old 10-21-2006, 12:28 PM

lolxz....damn so kam you really don't know anything? thats too bad.
Old 10-21-2006, 02:01 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Alternative to turbo is build your motor with bolt on as we have discussed ad nauseum; header, full exhaust, intake, cams, UDP, light flywheel, ECU, lighter rims and brakes, weight removal. You can fairly easily get hp up to 340 and reduce weight by 150-200lbs. Do the math and you will see those numbers are right up where a turbo would be.

PS Im not a big fan of the bottle either.
Old 10-21-2006, 02:22 PM

your basically looking at a N/A engine. which is the best for a vehicle however sometimes is much more costly than a turbo or SC engine.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:43 PM

No, I dont know anything other then the fact that STS is making a single and dual turbo kit for the 350Z/G35.... now what does a Z350 have anything to do with my max.

Well...........

the STS kit sits in the back of the car, where the turbos act as mufflers, which is common knowledge. Here is the cool part, if u have a VQ35DE engine......

All you wil have to do is plug in the Squires ecm module into your present ecm and you will have the timing and fuel adjusted to boosted standards. Because the interface on all ECU's from 2003 to 2006 is the same the Squires module will work fine, safely tuned for 90HP. This will work on most VQ cars, from the altima, maxima, quest, 350, G35 etc.

The sheety part is the charge piping... if u get the squires nissan kit that will be ready for christmass and u dont have a 350z, you will need to have a muffler shop create your charge piping. But everything else will be plug and play.

Or as a secondary option.

You can get the generic STS Turbo for $2990, without the ecu and have Tadashi at Technosqare tune the OEM ECU for you, I have spoken to him about this and he can make a generic program to run the Turbo on your maxima. After you have the turbo installed and running you can send the ECU back to Tadashi for final optimal tuning with A/F/R charts from a Dyno.
The reason he has to pre-tune the ecu is because u dont want to risk ruining your engine on your first run because u ran it too lean.

So no, I dont know anything but thats just my .02 worth.

How it works.

And when I get it installed on my car I will be re-selling copies of the charge piping my self. However mine will be intercooled so that might be an added cost to some

Kamski
STS has been succesful with V8 and above, but do you think 3.5 v6 is going to provide enough exhaust flow to spin the turbo in the rear? the v8's have more power and can sacrafice a bit of lag to spin those turbos but I dont know if it would work as well with our engines. I considered that option for my 4th gen but after some reading I realized that its not worth it when you can do frontmount turbo. I spoke to STS and they are infact working on a setup for 350z. You can also just get a universal kit, dosnt include piping but piping would be very inexpensive considering you dont have to do downpipes n stuff, just the piping into the intake.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:44 AM
* THIS SPACE FOR RENT *

Sometimes i like being "BOTTLE FED" !!!!!! especially if you dont keep cars for too long like me(easy removal)
Old 10-22-2006, 10:11 AM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

Originally Posted by streetzlegend
STS has been succesful with V8 and above, but do you think 3.5 v6 is going to provide enough exhaust flow to spin the turbo in the rear? the v8's have more power and can sacrafice a bit of lag to spin those turbos but I dont know if it would work as well with our engines. I considered that option for my 4th gen but after some reading I realized that its not worth it when you can do frontmount turbo. I spoke to STS and they are infact working on a setup for 350z. You can also just get a universal kit, dosnt include piping but piping would be very inexpensive considering you dont have to do downpipes n stuff, just the piping into the intake.
I don't think it matter if its a v6 or 8.

the turbo they use has a 1" hole before the spool, so a 2.5" pipe of exaust goes down to a 1" turbo inlet, thats how it gets its pressure. a v8 will just have more pressure if it also has a 2.5" exaust.

I think we would have enough power to move it, I mean the Z can move twin turbo's no problem, thats 3 cyl per turbo. if you hook up a sts to our car it will be all 6 to a turbo, unless you true dual exaust the car and twin turbo it..
Old 10-22-2006, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq
I don't think it matter if its a v6 or 8.

the turbo they use has a 1" hole before the spool, so a 2.5" pipe of exaust goes down to a 1" turbo inlet, thats how it gets its pressure. a v8 will just have more pressure if it also has a 2.5" exaust.

I think we would have enough power to move it, I mean the Z can move twin turbo's no problem, thats 3 cyl per turbo. if you hook up a sts to our car it will be all 6 to a turbo, unless you true dual exaust the car and twin turbo it..
I guess we will have to see when they do it for the Z's. and I was told by STS that they were going to use T04B S-trim turbo with 2 3/4" inlet for the Z. I am actually a fan of the rear mount turbos, but I just dont think its worth it when you can do front mount and not have to loose boost. cuz even if it is succesful with our max in the rear mount way, you WILL loose boost and thats a given.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:20 PM

yea, last time i talked to them the Z wasn't a priority, they said something about starting this fall or so..

I'm hoping it works out cause I'm saving for this soon, hopefully I do well cause I also want a fully done motor.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:23 PM

yea, last time i talked to them the Z wasn't a priority, they said something about starting this fall or so..

I'm hoping it works out cause I'm saving for this soon, hopefully I do well cause I also want a fully done motor.
well you dont have to wait for the Z kit. you can buy a universal kit, that comes with lil oil pump, turbo, oil line, etc.. but no piping. when i spoke to them they had a sale on the universal kits. all u need is just the piping going back to the motor.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:34 PM

well you dont have to wait for the Z kit. you can buy a universal kit, that comes with lil oil pump, turbo, oil line, etc.. but no piping. when i spoke to them they had a sale on the universal kits. all u need is just the piping going back to the motor.
oh yea I know, but since they haven't done our type of car they wanted to give me a smaller set up to be safe and i want to do atleast what the Z's are doing with their greddy TT kit. one turbo can handle about 400hp, thats what I want cause I also want a TT kit.

why? cause our cars have a y-style exaust and with the sts kit one side of the exaust won't be used for exaust, but for the BOV and that sux.

whats good about the one pipe exaust is that you still use it, in our case we have to install pretty much a fake tip on one side and use it just for a waste gate exaust, this is not practical for me, I want my full exaust working like it should.

they can also give you a universal TT kit as well.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:02 PM

oh yea I know, but since they haven't done our type of car they wanted to give me a smaller set up to be safe and i want to do atleast what the Z's are doing with their greddy TT kit. one turbo can handle about 400hp, thats what I want cause I also want a TT kit.

why? cause our cars have a y-style exaust and with the sts kit one side of the exaust won't be used for exaust, but for the BOV and that sux.

whats good about the one pipe exaust is that you still use it, in our case we have to install pretty much a fake tip on one side and use it just for a BOV exaust, this is not practical for me, I want my full exaust working like it should.

they can also give you a universal TT kit as well.
Uhm, I might be mistaken but I've looked at a 350Z with a Greddy TT setup and it was pushing 320 whp (he estimated 400 at the crank). Have they improved their setup?
Old 10-22-2006, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Monotaur
Uhm, I might be mistaken but I've looked at a 350Z with a Greddy TT setup and it was pushing 320 whp (he estimated 400 at the crank). Have they improved their setup?
thats probably with stock internals. I know were you got that number from. the sites say that right out the box with the tune it comes with.

with a good tune, proper work they've done 500-570+hp. the turbo's from that set up are rated at 400hp each, not that the cars are putting out that much, but is good for upgrade ability.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:57 PM

thats probably with stock internals. I know were you got that number from. the sites say that right out the box with the tune it comes with.

with a good tune, proper work they've done 500-570+hp. the turbo's from that set up are rated at 400hp each, not that the cars are putting out that much, but is good for upgrade ability.
Yeah, it was with stock internals.

I was looking at a 350Z for sale in the St. Louis area. If I remember correctly, it was 21K and had around 10K miles. It had the Greddy TT setup, and the guy said it put down 320 whp with stock internals... the car had been garaged most of it's life, and they just needed to sell it since they had a kid on the way and needed a more practical second car.

I had no idea that a Greddy setup has put out that much power on a 350Z. Good to know, thanks.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:32 PM
.org extraordinaire

Yeah in that case I guess you didnt read this..........

http://i.b5z.net/i/u/1473169/f/Press/stshcis.pdf

http://i.b5z.net/i/u/1473169/f/Press/stss3s.pdf

ALLLLLLLLLLRIIIIIIIIGHHHHHHHHTYYYYYYYYYYYY THEN!

Kamski
Old 10-24-2006, 03:01 PM

Yeah in that case I guess you didnt read this..........

http://i.b5z.net/i/u/1473169/f/Press/stshcis.pdf

http://i.b5z.net/i/u/1473169/f/Press/stss3s.pdf

ALLLLLLLLLLRIIIIIIIIGHHHHHHHHTYYYYYYYYYYYY THEN!

Kamski
k let me know when you try it then.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:40 PM

k let me know when you try it then.

I might have a lil surprice soon. if it works ill post it.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:31 PM
.org extraordinaire

Yeah my priorities changed since I posted here before, with Police training, I dont have time anymore to play around with the max. After Academy I will be back at STS throats to get that Turbo done for us. Maxchef is actualy all up in their faces now.

Bar none the STS is the best quick boost solution for the max.

Kamski
Old 12-20-2006, 04:32 PM
.org extraordinaire

Yeah my priorities changed since I posted here before, with Police training, I dont have time anymore to play around with the max. After Academy I will be back at STS throats to get that Turbo done for us. Maxchef is actualy all up in their faces now.

Kamski
Old 12-20-2006, 05:53 PM

Kamski
Well, Kamski, I don't want to mess with a future cop, but--have you forgotten the NITROS SOLUTION???
Old 12-20-2006, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by lobewiper
Well, Kamski, I don't want to mess with a future cop, but--have you forgotten the NITROS SOLUTION???
this is true as i am a nitrous user. but boost is so much cooler lol. with nitrous u get ALOT more torque, very easy to hook up and use (also very easy to blow something if u dont kno wat ur doing), but boost is always there. trust me, i was 100% with nitrous for ever, never wanted anything else, infact i was going after Jimes best record with his nitrous 3.0 and i was very close. Then i looked into this turbo setup and said "hmmmmmm i shall try" and hopefully soon i shall post a new thread about it. wish me luck.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:38 PM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by lobewiper
"Only throttle never bottle" - Chernmax

Thats still the pimpest quote I know.

Kamski